King of the Hill

Peggy's Fan Fair

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM May 21, 2000 on FOX

• Peggy's extremely high opinion of herself shines brightly through the course of this episode.

Ah, what can I say about "Peggy's Fan Fair"? The one thing that definitely comes to mind is that Peggy's high opinion of herself shines so bright that almost everyone in the church group (including Hank) couldn't stand to spend time with her.

One thing that I found to be pretty comical about the episode was how Peggy considered herself a song writer on the same level of Randy Travis just because she got a rejection letter from the musician's team of lawyers. Another thing that I thought was pretty funny was how arrogant Randy Travis appeared to be in this episode; it was a complete opposite of his appearances in other television shows. I love how that arrogance drove Peggy to the point of recruiting Dale, Boomhauer, and Bill to inflict bodily harm on Mr. Travis because of how Hank refused to believe her about how Randy stole her song and her life story. I thought it was nice that Hank finally believe Peggy after Randy Travis took credit for his heroics when Mr. Travis had to be pulled out of his trailer after it was pushed into a lake.

Through the course of the episode however, there was one thing I could have lived without seeing: Bobby and Luann scooping up the Apple Brown Betty after it fell onto the ground and still decided to give it to Brooks and Dunn as a token of their gratitude for their advice. I guess they didn't want to think that there could be any germs in the pastry after doing so and as a result, it made it look like Peggy had a beef with the famous duo (even though she didn't).

In all, I found this to be one of the funniest episodes of the series. It was nice to see the main characters out of their usual surroundings in Arlen and enjoying some country music in Nashville.
MNT