King of the Hill

Racist Dawg

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM May 04, 2003 on FOX

7.8
  • When a black repairman gets bitten by Ladybird, she is accused of being a racist but things turn out worse when everyone thinks Hank is a racist

Hank fails to install the new valve on the water heater correctly, and it causes a leak, leaving Peggy to wake up with Bill hovering over her on the front lawn. Not wanting any further complications, Peggy hires Mack, an African American repairman. Ladybird attacks Mack, and he accuses her of being a racist dog and quits. When a dog trainer tells him that Ladybird subconsciously follows Hank's lead, everyone accuses Hank of being racist, too. As much I love this show and it's okay if you all enjoyed this episode but I honestly did not like this episode at all. Now the plot with the whole racism wasn't bad and could've been better if it weren't for problems that angered me big time. I did not laugh once at this episode, not one single moment made me laugh. Dale's (who rarely appeared in this episode) one line gave me a chuckle and I kinda got a chuckle at the very beginning of the episode as well but they weren't laughs though. This episode just angered me to no end and really bugged me. I did like Bernie Mac as the voice as the black repairman and he was enjoyable character BUT I just didn't like how Hank is accused of being a racist because everyone thinks Ladybird got it from Hank. I just hated everything about this episode. I hated how Hank took the racist test and failed miserably and because of that, everyone just gets angry at Hank. Peggy took the racist test and passed it and it made me angry how she told Hank that the test was stupid but once she passed it, she said "The tests are always right". That's another thing, I really hated Peggy in this episode and was absolutely no support to Hank whatsoever and she even gave Hank the angry look just like everyone else. Like really? I felt bad for poor Hank and no one was taking his side or saying "I don't think you're a racist" and stay by his side. Peggy was a horrible wife in this episode because she should be smart enough to know that Hank isn't a racist but she had to be stupid and irritating here. I think I've proven my point. Words just can't describe on how much I hated this episode and that's my opinion on this episode. the ending was kinda nice I guess but it doesn't save my score not even a little because of how frustrated pretty much the entire episode made me. Overall, I love this show but it's one of the most frustrating, boring, and awful episodes of "King of the Hill" that I have ever seen. 1/10