King of the Hill

FOX (ended 2010)

pedroman01

King of the Hill Fan Reviews page 9 of 11

• hank hill is a patriotic texan in his mid fortys and has a wife peggy, who is a bit of a know-it-all and a son bobby who shows signs of being gay hank lives in a small town in texas wih friends such as Dale, Bill and Boomhauer.

hank is an average texan man who loves sport, propane and his dog ladybird. peggy is hanks wife, she thinks she knows everything and she hardly ever does. bobby is hank and peggys son, he is a bit feminine and has gay tendancies. dale is hanks best friend/neighbour, dale is a gun fanatic and is always suspicious that somebody is after him. bill is hank and dales "buddy" he is a depressed sad and lonely man who doesn't ever have a clue. boomhauer is the quiet one out of the four but when he does speak hank, dale and bill are the only people who can understand him. khan is hanks laotian neighbour who thinks hank and his friends are a bunch of rednecks and hillbillies and thinks highly of him and his family. luanne is hank and peggys niece who is as smart as a plank of wood luanne tries harder to impress boys than learn.
  • Need's better episodes

3.5
    Now this show can have its up and downs. Something I just completely hate about it is Peggy. She thinks she\'s so good and perfect. It would be great if she died in an episode. Another bad thing is that it disses soccer. Now I don\'t know about you but i would much rather play soccer than american football. The only good thing about it is that Dale is a complete idiot. Bill is just sad.
  • if your a red neck............go ahead and watch this...........then go away

0.0
    If you enjoy singing the national anthem for no reason, going to nascar, drinking beer for no reason, talk gay like a red neck, you are a red neck, or just are bored to the point of wanting to kill yourself; this is the show for you. I cannot describe how much this show sucks. Right when the show starts, you can see how bad it is. The interlude is the four guys standing in front of the main character's house drinking beer for hours on end. How bad is that, but making it worse is what the main character's job is, selling propane. Wow. That sets up a great show don't you think???? Me too. One of the episodes that i was unfortunate enought to get caught having to watch with my sister, was about the main character's wife thinks she's a good country song writer because a untalented singer sings it. So what does she do???? she goes to a red neck concert to say "grrrrrrrrrr". End.................... Words cannot describe how retarded that is. In short, this show sucks on so many levels. Please stop showing this insult to mankind called "KING OF THE HILL." I belive if this show is canceled that wars will stop, along with all the problems in the world.
  • Television for Grown-ups

I didn't used to like this show when I was about 18 and it premiered. 10 years later, my life's changed and I find that my tastes have changed.

I used to think that it was ignorant and red-neckish, but the subtle self depricating humor is actually a wry and realistic treatment of down-home diversity.

This is incredibly witty, insightful, and enlightened animation with intelligent writing. I can relate to the folksy humor. I can relate to the trials and tribulations of Arlen, TX as if it were my own neighborhood and family.

If you dismissed it before, give it a second look.
  • Pretty good show, but I can't watch it hours-on-end.

King of the Hill is a decent show. It's not as "wacky" as most other animation shows out there today, but it is definitely a "keeper." The characters are hilarious and 3-dimensional. I love how Boomhauer is obsessed with women and is constintly rambling. I love how much of a bum Bill is, and I love how Dale thinks the whole world is a conspiracy and is obsessed with the supernatural, yet is completely clueless that he is not the biological father of his 13-year-old son, Joseph. I love Bobby, because he is a REAL pre-teen. And Hank is always cracking me up. The only character I don't like is Peggy, who I find a bit annoying, to say the least.

This show has definitely come a long way, and is now considered a cult classic. I'm sad to see it go into it's last season, but all good things must come to an end.
  • This show friggin rocks!!! Mike Judge has done it again with King of the Hill. I love the originality of the characters and the hillarious adventures they take on. My personal favorite is Boomhauer and his mumbling. I reccommend this show to anyone who

This show rocks. Mike Judge has done it again with King of the Hill. This is a very original show and I applaud him for the uniqueness of the characters here. I wish Beavis and Butthed was still on though, but this show is still a good one. It rocks!
  • Texas, funny style

“King of the Hill” is a humorous series that follows the everyday life of Mr. Hank Hill and his family. In addition to the rich and varied cast of characters, the show also features the State of Texas.

If you re sick of shows set in and around either Los Angeles or New York, you will appreciate some Texas based humor for a change.

If you are from Texas, have relatives in Texas, or from Texas, if you have friends, neighbors or casual acquaintances from Texas or if you have ever considered yourself a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, you will enjoy this show.
  • Not a lot of cartoons are like this, and I'm into more bizarre and edgy fare, but I still go nuts for this comedy courtesy of Mike Judge.

This cartoon isn't so much of a cartoon as it is a satire, most cartoons are bizzare, edgy, and involves a truckload of slapstick, but this doesn't. Yet I love to watch it. It's one ofm my favorites and I hate it that FOX now treats it like dirt. Hank is the funniest guy on the show next to Bill, Dale, and Bobby. The only problem is Peggy, they focus too much on her. Go back to the King of The Hill,it's his show!
  • Texan Family. Son acts like a girl, father worries about it. Wife picks up some unusual hobby, which usually, fails, but they all learn a valuable lesson.

1.7
    Very boring and not funny at all. Every episode is the same save for a few changes. In every episode, Bobby does something unmasculine, and Hank worriues about that, while Peggy finds something to do. Very Boring. Can't recall a single funny moment of the show. One would have to be retarded to find this show clever or amusing.
  • The Texas Life...

4.7
    It\'s very strange to me that this show could come from the same mind that brought Beavis and Butthead and Office Space. The only thing I find humorous is Hank Hill\'s voice, only because it reminds me of Mister Andersen. This show isn\'t worth watching, especially the other cartoons that air around it (The Simpsons, Family Guy).
  • Even retarded people don't watch it.

0.1
    How is this possible? How can such a stupid tv show ever gets on tv? It is brute, unfunny, stupid beyond imagination. The quality of drawing is so bad, my dog can do a better job. Who is Fax trying to entertain with such a inferior show? If you like adult cartoon, stick with The Simpsons and Futureroma. If you appreciate detailed graphics and story, try Inuyasha or Full Metal Alchimist.
  • Since I'm born and raised in Texas, I gave the show a shot and liked it. It's no Simpsons or Family Guy but it has its own original animated comedy flavor.

I admit at first I wasn't a fan, but I gave it a chance and have been watching it ever since. A lot of people want to compare it to The Simpsons and Family Guy which are two shows that are on another level. But every animated comedy show is not supposed to be based on or compared to those two awesome shows. Think about it, wouldn't it be boring to have every animated comedy show exactly like The Simpsons or Family Guy, only having different locations and characters but based on the same plots. Every show is different, other wise people are gonna get bored or someone is gonna get sued for violating patent and copyright ideas because they created another Simspons or Family Guy look-a-like animated series. Think about it.
  • This show is awsome

It's a show about the life of a man named Hank Hill and his whole neighborhood of complete idiots whats not to like. This show has is very unoriginal and I thought I wouldn't like it because it is somewhat realistic but it is one Hill of a show! The charecters are funny and the episodes are fresh. There's not a story but there doesn't need to be one. This show should be seen so watch it!
  • a tv show about a redneck commie and his crazy family and neighbors

the very first episode of king of the hill is very funny. after the 4th season you realize not only is hank hill a redneck but he is also a commie and a racist.after realizing these terrible things its best to watch the show and make fun of hank hill the show is still funny but its fun to make fun of the commie or it would be just another tv show.although there have not been any episodes as funny as bobby goes nuts and the first episode its still funb to watch and i like it i hope there is a movie one of these days.
  • this here lies the funniest show ever made. King of the Hill is so original and it seems everything that happens is funny as hell. And in the words of hank, " If you don't like this show ill kick your ass "

this is a classic show about a family living in Arlen, Texas, who goes through everything. Nothing in this show is unrealistic. Everything that goes on is all very possible. Along with Bobby, Dale and Bill are the three funnioest charecters on T.V. This show is funny, original and will have anyone who njoys its kind of humor wanting to watch it all the time.
  • The funniest dang show in America.

King Of The Hill is probably the funniest show your gonna find at dusk. At first, you really think it's boring. But when you know the story, you will find this really funny. I gurantee you this: There isn't one episode that wont make you laugh. In other words, you should really check this out.
  • Better than the more recent Simpsons episodes, not quite as good a Futurama.

King of the Hill is a great show, and though it doesn't get as much attention as the Simpsons, it's much better (except for seasons 4-12). Its style of humor is an acquired taste, because compared to Family Guy or the Simpsons, its completely normal. Some might go as far to call it boring. That's only because it doesn't rely on potty jokes or tom foolery. It's all about the quirky characters and real situations. Each character is unique, and some are downright genious. Take the character Dooley for example (the classmate of Bobby with red hair sovering his face), pure gold. "I peed in some kids locker" in that low, mumbly voice. Hilarious.
  • Hank Hill and his down to earth nature, against his friend's (and sometimes family's) crazy antics.

A good show about a down to earth man, with strong moral feelings, and a love of propane, that teaches us that city people, are sometimes jack asses. Funny and creative, King of the Hill shows that americans aren't as perfect as the media tells us, and will bring out the redneck in all of us.
  • This show is only for the highly intelligent. If you do not get the joke, it is probably over your head.

This show is only for the highly intelligent. If you do not get the joke, it is probably over your head. Just stop watching. Sorry.

• It's all right

This show is not that bad. It' not very funny, but it shows what a regular middle class family could be like, just like any other show (Dale is pretty funny though.) It may not match up to Beavis and Butthead, but it's still something I would like to watch if there was nothing else.
  • King of the Hill is a very great show.

King of the Hill is fun to watch and very entertaining. I love animated shows that are based on real life. All of the characters look like real humans. All of the episodes are not "cartoony", but seem to be based on real people. All of the episodes are great. I have not seen one yet that has been bad. Plus, everyone has got to love Hank Hill. His acts and personality is very funny.
  • If King of the Hill is this good, well we will have to stop airing The Simpsons...

Could this possibly be the best animated show on FOX, maybe, but likely not due to Fox\'s phenomenal animated lineup via Animation Domination. King of the Hill shows the life of a Texan raising a family which includes his wife Peggy and his son Bobby. He does also have to remember he raises his neice Luan and only works at the one place he\'ll be besides home, he works at Strickland Propane runned by Buck Strikland.
  • The Hill family try to live a normal life in the wacky Arlen, Texas.

This show is probably blasted because it's not like the Simpsons, but I've grown a liking to the show. It's very subtle and the only flamboyantly funny person is Hank's neighbor, Dale. But you really have to listen close to the things that happen because you'll miss all the funny parts. What this show really does is make fun of the ordinary life of a person. Let me tell you, the truth is comedy.
  • WOA A GOOD SHOW IM SO SURPRISED SO MANY PPL DISLIKE IT!!

This is actually a realy good show an untypical american family living in Texas i like i hate it that so many people dont it realy is quite a shame it is a really funny show Boomhowers da best!!! any way its a cool show about a family livin in texas Bill peggy and bobby a whole lotta crap happens thats random yet happens to people in every day life.
  • This show is in the same class as Seinfeld because of the way it appraoches comedy. No set-ups, jsut character.

This show is so funny because mainly, i'm Canadian. And i hate to say it but i can be an american hate-monger. Mainly the south. I fear of have a hick-aphobia. But becuase i see these rednecks in their home enviroment, i can't stop laughing. I may like it for the wrong reasons, but i don't care.
  • A funny show that I can't go a day without watching.

King of the Hill became one of my favorite shows, becuase it always came on before The Simpsons. It had the same kinda of comedy but was a little more realistic, at least for a animation. After awhile, I was constantly watching it everyday and really couldn't go to sleep without seeing it.

If u like animations that are more real life but stupid/funny, the King of the Hill is definately for you. It may have lost a little steam in it's latter seasons but it is still as funny, and still worth watching.
  • cool show because of its characters, not really cause of the story

i like this show alot but not because of the story. the characters are what crack me up; the way they act and talk is hilarious. just watch the show and listen and watch how the characters say and do things.
    i still wish that mike judge would continue beavis and butthead along with this, but whatever.
  • Its no Family Guy, Simpsons, or Futurama...but it will do.

King of the Hill is about a redneck Texan family. The episodes have decent storylines and the show drops plenty of punchlines. So you think the show would be great?! Right? Wrong, I cannot place my finger on it but I simply do not think that King of the Hill is that great of a show. It has many unique characters but it does not match up to the other adult themed cartoons. (EX: Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park) If you are from Texas or know somebody who is you might get a kick out of the show. I cannot say that this is a terrible show by all means but I feel that you should tune in to any of the other adult cartoons before checking out this one.
  • Those who think that King of the Hill has to be in anyway like Beavis and Butthead, because it's created by Mike Judge should think twice and give this show a try. It's a complete different flavor.

The first thing you'll notice is the unique drawing-style of Mike Judge like in Beavis and Butthead, but it improved a lot.

It's often been said that almost all characters in this show are annoying.
    That's true, but they're annoying each other and it's fun to watch.
    Imagine how boring it would be without any tension between the characters.

Hank Hill is the "starring" character. He can easily be shocked by anything that doesn't perfectly fit in his moral standards.

Peggy Hill, Hank's wife is not good at anything. Except being just a good soul. Everything, really, everything she tries goes horribly wrong. But she ain't stop. never ever.

Bobby, their son is a little miracle full of surprises. Some of the viewers here say that he's just a boring fat kid, but I think he's just the opposite.

Luanne, well, she is Bobby's "cousin", or something like that. I don't know where she originally came from, but I know that her mother who's criminal and addicted to alcohol couldn't provide her a nice childhood. After all, she tries to make the best out of it.

Hank's friends:
    Boomhauer - he's just there. Speaks funny. Period.

Billy - A very shy, lonely, sometimes depressed and by all means suppressed man. I always feel so sorry for him...

Dale - Shika-sha! He knows what's going on in the government or like he says "what THEY are up to"
    He does NOT know that his wife is cheating on him.

I call this show "gemuetlich". It's a German word without a good translation. You just feel good, everything is right the way it is, maybe you have a cup of tea and a comfy chair or sofa and enjoy watching the show. That would describe just a part of it.
  • Genius!

This show is absolute Genius! The humour is so subtle that I become engrossed in it, fascinated by the fine detail of the jokes. The best thing about this show is its so feasible - people with simple ideologies, that everyone has, follow the most logical thought patterns into the most obsurd situations.

I really dont understand why someone would go out of their way to bash this show on a web site, if youre not prepared to get it, then jus dont watch it.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11