King of the Hill

FOX (ended 2010)

pedroman01

King of the Hill Fan Reviews (324)

• Awesome Show

As a kid, I hated this show. I saw it as boring and just plain old not funny. But fast forward a decade or so, now that I'm 21, I love this show. It's my favorite cartoon now. It has humor that kids and pre-teens wouldn't understand that's why it was unappealing when I was younger. It's one of the most realistic cartoons ever made, and I think it's really underrated. If you don't like King of the Hill, go watch it on Adult Swim when you get a little older and you will realize that it's a very good and pretty funny show! 10/10 stars
  • Random question

hi, i would like to find an episode but i don't recall the season or the title. All i recall a little summary:

Luanne was working very late and brought a fried duck to Bobby, she went in the master bedroom (hank and peggy's room) and she caught them having intimate moments. Does anyone recall that episode? :P
  • King of the Hill on Top of the World

This show really rocked! Hank Hill was the man! Such a funny show!
  • One of the best cartoons ever!

King of the Hill is an amazing show, regardless of what people say. Usually, the people who hate this show are petulant children with the attention span of goldfish who need constant cutaway gags and raunchy humor to keep them interested (cough cough---Family Guy---cough cough). The characters are generally likable (with the exception of Peggy for her holier-than-thou mentality, and maybe Didi because she's so bland) and the show can be hilarious without pushing the limit, swearing excessively or using cutaways. I guess it was better that it was cancelled in favor of "Sit Down, Shut Up" (a terrible TERRIBLE show that doesn't hold a candle to KoTH) because the later seasons were pretty bland.

Nevertheless, KoTh is an amazing show. Reruns are shown on Adult Swim on a daily basis, but are limited to only one episode a night thanks to "Cleveland Show" (another terrible show, not as bad as "Sit Down, Shut Up", but close).
  • Bob Burgers replaced

in 2013. Fox Replaced The Cleveland Show with Brickleberry and Bob,s Burgers
  • What more can I say Best show on Fox.

I absolutely love this show one of my favorites of all time and my favorite show on fox. The show is real in more ways than one and the problems and characters feel real it's always made me smile at the end when ever the credits came and that little guitar would play. It was a heart warming show and ill treasure it always I hope it returns now that the Cleveland show was canceled chances of that happening though are slim. Overall, I loved this show on of the greatest television shows of all time in my opinion.
  • Great Show

King of the Hill is one of the best shows ever made. It's a shame that it was cancelled. I wouldn't hesitate to pay money to watch new episodes. I hope, that one day Mike Judge will resurrect the Hill saga. There is no way you can compare corny "Futurama" or offensive "Family Guy" to KOTH. Another great show cancelled to make room for a mediocre entertainment.
  • This Materpiece will live in my Heart forever as the Best Show FOX will ever have!

This is the Best Show that Fox has ever had, That's right even better than the Old Simpsons! No offense to the Simpsons fans, I love the old Simpsons too, but this Show has everything in a realistic cartoon view! I mean really every Episode makes me laugh my ass off and all the Characters are so awesome! That's right all the Characters are likeable and funny in their own way. From Bill behaving like a Child to Dale being a psychopath. The Plots are very Realistic and some of the episodes can also get very emotional which makes a series very strong if they have that topic unlike The Cleveland Show. Mike Judge is a genius for making up such a brilliant show, I praise him with all my heart. In 2009, King of the Hill got replaced with a Show called "The Cleveland Show" Now I am not to upset about it being replaced though, 13 Seasons is a long way for a show and that is quite successful. but King of the Hill should have been replaced with at least a tolerable show, but no "The Cleveland Show" is not a tolerable show, "IT IS BEYOND HORRIFIC!!!!!!" The Cleveland Show is so Stupid!! Same with the New Episodes of Family Guy, FG was once okay, but now it is so bad. American Dad on the other hand is a good show! Seth Mcfarland should just cancel FG and Cleveland Show and work on American Dad cause that show is actually pretty funny! King of the Hill is so Awesome that it should have its own Movie just like the Simpsons did. maybe in 2014 or so and released into theaters; I would definitely go see it! Well that's my review for King of the Hill, oh and my Favorite King of the Hill Character is Dale Gribble. :)
  • For 12 years, King of the Hill brought us excellent humor that we still laugh at to this day, and we will not forget it

King of the Hill is one of those shows that will always be remembered. Everything in this show was done so well, the humor, the characters, and the stories, and it has always made people laugh. KOTH is about a family in the fictional town of Arlen, Texas where the family, the Hills, have funny adventures and dilemmas in their lives. The episodes are actually parodies of real life events. For example, Hank is trying to get his licensed changed because his gender reads female, but the DMV is slow to react and does not do anything at all. That is the beauty of KOTH, it takes real life drags like the DMV and make it into a funny parody of how people experience it, and it perfectly relates to the audience. All the characters are lovable, funny, and unique. Dale is an anti government person who always says the weirdest, yet funniest things, and Bobby brings in a lot of funny jokes about things and it is very amusing. But why did FOX have to cancel this show? I know you have to bring in new shows, but the show that took its place, The Cleveland Show, tanked and it's really bad (see mine and other people's reviews about that show and you will see why). King of the Hill brought us 12 wonderful years of comedy and is still enjoyed to this day. Everything in this show was done right, the acting, the characters, the parodies of real life situations, and so much more. Mike Judge, please bring this show back with new episodes. Go to another network so they can allow you to continue this awesome show. Check this show out if you already haven't done so.
  • One of the best animated series ever made...of all time!

This show is absolutely perfect! It's pure genius! Yes, it would work live-action but that doesn't mean it has to be. I'm so sad it was canceled for a terrible show to take it's place. Shame on FOX for not even airing the final episodes, seriously! They all look like hillbilly-rednecks but there actually smart, nice characters. Especially Hank, he's high-tempered but really nice. The only season that kind of sucked was the final one. I just recently discovered how incredibly incredible this show is and I'm buying every season released on DVD! I just wish FOX could cancel TCS and bring back this amazing show. Just watch an episode, and you'll want to watch another, then another and become addicted to it. I watch it every day, literally every day. Okay, I sound weird now, but it's really a got-dang good show, I tell you what.
  • Awesome

excellent show
  • Awesome Dude.

I love this great show,to bad some people hate this great show.The characters are Hank hill,Peggy hill,Bobby hill and many more.The show first came in 1997. i think they are going to stop making episodes im not saying they are but they might,who knows it might or not,anyway this show rules!!!!!!! !!!
  • Oh, Family Guy, Beavis And Butthead, DERP

Honestly. Most people who dislike this love random cutscenses/flashbacks that go on for 5 minutes or stupid sex jokes. King of The Hill was perfect. You could actually enjoy it, watch it with your family, and laugh. If you give this show a bad rating or dislike this comment, I've lost hope for America. 10/10
  • i missed the show

the pilot episodw was funny and therest of the shows with bobby
  • For 13 seasons, this show has always brought me alot of smiles and now it's a shame to see this show leave

Man, I can't believe "King of the Hill" lasted 13 seasons and I'm very happy that it did. I just wish that it didn't get canceled because I really love this show but I heard that this show got canceled because of "Bob's Burgers". FOX had to put in a new timeslot and they canceled "King of the Hill" for that stupid and unfunny show "Bob's Burgers". I really want this show to come back. I blame you "Bob's Burgers" because you stink and the animation, voices, stories, and everything stinks. Everyone in this show is likeable and very funny. Hank, Dale, Bill, and Boomhauer are four friends who stand in the front yard drinking beer and talk. Bobby is Hank's son and Peggy is Hank's wife. Didi is also Hank and Peggy's niece. It's really hard to choose of who my favorite characters in this show are but I'm gonna probably say that Hank and Dale are my favorite characters. What I about this show is that the humor is clever and wacky all of the stories are pretty much well written. For 13 seasons, this show has brought me a lot of smiles because it would make me laugh but it is a shame to see this show leave. Overall, I'll never forget "King of the Hill" and you're a hundred times better than that stupid "Bob's Burgers". 10/10
  • Boy i tell you what this show did not deserve to get cancelled.

King of the Hill was actually one of those shows that had adults who were not complete morons and but could still be funny at the same time.Dale is my favorite character out of all of them because he is crazy and paranoid over the government which makes believe that the government can not be trusted.Hank has just an amazing voice that makes him sound like an old redneck.The only insult that this show had was that it got cancelled and replaced with a piece of crap show like Cleveland.Its just like when Disney got rid of all their good shows and replaced it with crap like Miley Cyrus.

• Long live King of the Hill.....

Mike Judge, creator of Beavis and Butthead started King of the Hill in 1997, and the 13 years this show was on the air was a blast. The characters are all great in this show. From Boomhauer to Bobby, Peggy to Hank, Dale to Bill, this show is very enjoying. The writing helps make this show even better with multiple plots going on at one time in every episode. Sadly, the show was cancled in 2010, but since then, it has been airing on Adult Swim every day and it is still shown on FOX. I hope this show will stay on the air for re-runs, because it is easily one of the best adult cartoons of all time, and a easy pick for one of my favorite TV shows of all time.
  • My favorite show of all time I tell you hwat.

Oh, why, oh why must it end.

This show is the greatest thing since sliced bread with butter on it. It hit the jackpot when it found the perfect balance between realistic limitations and hilarious dialogue and characters. Every episode is like an animated novel; a novel that you can't put down. With a perfect mix of characters; Hank, a highly respectful and respectable Texan who loves his job selling propane and propane accessories; Dale Gribble, an utterly paranoid, scrawny guy who makes absolutely crazy statements, and whose wife is obviously cheating on him in front of his face, though he doesn't see it; Bill Dauterive, a fat, lonely pathetic man, who has most likely found a place in all of our hearts; and finally Jeff Boomhauer, (almost always referred to as just Boomhauer) who talks in a way that makes it almost a game to understand him, and whose pursuit appears to be fast cars.

I wouldn't recommend this to people who like super-random shows, action, or outlandish humor, but it is a great show if you like good humor and plots at the same time. This show is worth my attention any time.
  • Since 1997, King of the Hill has brought smiles to our faces and still will for the rest of our lives.

King of the Hill is a TV show created by Mike Judge (most known for creating the classic hit 'Beavis and Butt-Head'), and of course, it's hilarious. It's about a man named Hank Hill, who sells propane and propane accessories at Strickland Propane. Peggy Hill, Hank's wife, is a substitute teacher at the Tom Landry Middle School, and Bobby Hill, Peggy and Hank's son, who attends Tom Landry Middle School and dates Connie Souphoneasouphem (however you spell it), a Laotion girl.

But anyways, the show is really good, and should be viewed by any comedy TV show fan.

10/10 A +
  • Fox's Greatest Show

This is probably Fox's Greatest Show and yes i LOVE The Simpsons and American Dad! and no i don't like that overrated, unfunny usage of the same jokes show known as Family Guy. But i Love this show it was very original, the jokes we're Satiracal about Conservatism and i loved that and it had a nice plot every single episode not one failed to impress me.

Pros:
    Great Writing
    Great Satire
    Great Humor
    Great Plots every single episode
    Great Characters

Cons:
    None and there will never be

Overall, this show was great maybe Fox's Greatest Show but if you count Futurama as one it might beat it by a hare.

Rating: 10/10 JOLLY GOOD SHOW!
  • AMAZING

a great show always funny and amusing. really liked seasons 3 and 4. loved bobby and dale they always made me laugh. didn't care much for peggy but she was okay. really wished season seaven would come out on dvd. hank was very funny his conservitive approtch to life really brought some really funny moments on the show. also hanks love for propane was pretty funny gag. really liked how they ended the show with bobby finding his propane and finding a sense of responsibility in the first half of the episode. In summary king of the hill should have never ended
  • King of the Hill still has it.

You would have thought the show would have lost its touch after going through 13 seasons, nope, it's still the same amazing show it always was. It's a shame that their canceling it though, it was doing so well, I heard their replacing it with some Family Guy spinoff that looks horrible, ugh.Anyway, after not watching this show for a while I decided to look at some of the newer episodes and they were very funny episodes, King of the Hill still has it in them to make funny episodes with a good plot and I wish they would not cancel it, they are making a HUGE mistake canceling this show!
  • Only one episode flawed.

The whole series was good,but the season nine finale is going to have some probems here.Why do they put the army in the episode when it's mainly about chorusing?!Anyways,very good show.My favorite episode is Bobby On Track,which is just before my least favorite.My least favorite comes just right after my favorite,Bobby On Track.My least favorite is Don't Stop Until The Fat Neighbor Sings.Just way past its prime.WAY past.But other than that episode,perfect.Propane Boom I and II are like those two-part episodes with the first as a season finale and the second as the following season's premiere.That's it of another great review!
  • Best episode yet...

If you have read the summary and the previous review you will, by now, know the basic plot of this episode.

The only thing that I can add is that what made this episode SO GREAT in my opinion is that there are actually MySpace addicts out there that are EXACTLY like Donna. Those of us in the MySpace community totally GET this episode. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my entire life. What a spot-on parady of the real life MySpace addicts! If you're a MySpace user, this is a MUST SEE episode!! I can see where other folks just don't get it! Brilliant!! Thanks and kudos to the writing team on this instant classic!
  • King of the Hill is about the lives of Hank Hill and his family and friend.

This show is the best show ever. Hill-arious as well as brilliant and Original Characters. Hank Hill and his friends, Dale, Bill and Boomhauer usually get into all kinds of funny but realistic situations. Hanks family, Bobby and Peggy are funny too although Bobby is the funniest. This show also sports a large amount of celebrities such as Pop star Chuck Mangionie, Country singer Willie Nelson, Former govenor of Texas Ann Richards and Music Band No Doubt. It has also won 2 emmies and will probably win more before the show ends. King of the Hill. You Have to see this show.
  • King of the hill is a good example of an exceptional father.

Hank is the best father figure on televison in the American cartoon families. he is hardworking and a good father and husband. He works a job he enjoys which is Propane and Propane Excessories. he takes it a little too seriously in my opinion but like all Americans it is okay to e serious about football. The show has never been a bad influence on me personally and is not racist in any way that I have seen. peggy is also a hardworker. She is a substitute teacher that thinks she can speak Spanish/mexican but really can't. I like this show though it can be sometimes because of Hanks annoying neighbors.
  • I can't go to sleep wihtout a nightly fix of Hank and friends.

This has got to be one of the smartest and funniest shows on television. It is refreshingly clean and yet still makes people all out belly laugh. Hats off to Mike Judge for bringing these delightful characters into our reality. Everyone knows people like these characters and everyone can relate with their daily life obstacles. The humor is merely an added bonus to this therapeutic animation. I own all six seasons that are out on DVD and literally put one in everynight before bed, if I have had a bad day King of the Hill helps me to laugh and relax. They are truly a part of my life.
  • king of the hill is one of the first shows that i watched when i was 8 right beside seinfeld and beetlejuice.

iv'e bought all the seasons of k.o.t.h. and the 3 to 6 don't have delected scenes and stuff but anyway i like the episode bobby goes nuts and hilloween.the first episode i watched was aisle 8a but i was 8 so did'nt understand what some stuff was about.my last episode ideas would be: dale finds out about the affair and then gets shot by john redcorn and then at the graveyard they say yep like they always do but that might be to crazy.i hope they come with season 7 on dvd and maybe they'll put stuff in there like in seasons 1 and 2.
  • About Hank Hill and his family of Texans.

This show is very nice, and quite a bit funny. I can remember Peggy saying "It's for the freaking children!!", and I crack up every time. This show is gold, a classic not to be missed.

Humour: 8.0.
    Well, sometimes it's not funny, but sometimes it'll crack you up. More of the crack you up part.

Animation: 8.0.
    Not the best, but what do you expect from a 10 year old show?

Overall: 10.0.
    It's such a great show, it's hard to say anything about it. The newest episode that aired yesterday was worth 30 minutes of my life no doubt. Too bad Cotten's dead... :(
  • Boy, I tell you what...King of the Hill is the King of my TV Lineup!

You know, when I first started watching this show, I really did not understand the humor at all. I grew up in a totally Spanish household and never met anyone like the Hills....that was, at least, until I met my wife. She is a Southerner and I quickly found that my married life was slowly becoming like Hank and Peggy's....well at least the humorous parts (not the beer or propane or mowing or anything like that). The first six seasons have really been awesome. It seems like Hank is becoming less like his old self and more...mellow and laid back. Bobby not only never grows up like Joseph has...but isn't even lazy anymore and...as of this newest season...HE ACTUALLY LIKES FOOTBALL?!!! What is going on with one of my favorite animated shows? Why is Hank changing? Why hasn't Bobby grown up and, for the love of GOD, when are they finally going to let Dale figure out the truth behind Nancy and John Redcorn? I mean, I still think it's hilarious how he almost finds out a lot of times...but they really need to close that plothole. Don't get me wrong though...I still absolutely love this series. It's a great show and makes me laugh every single time. Hank is a great character and Mike Judge is a comedic genius. I just hope they keep it going.

Who knows...now that the Simpsons have made a movie...maybe we'll see "King of the Hill" The movie?
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10