King of the Hill

FOX (ended 2010)

pedroman01

King of the Hill Fan Reviews (325)

• ughhh... overrated I tell you

I do not understand how this show lasted as long as it did. I thought the show was goofy, corny, and stupid when it premiered in early 1997 and find it to be in now way different. All of the characters look ugly. Animation is bad. The characters themselves look stupid and having annoying voices. The voice acting is a pathetic excuse. The funny thing is so many people would continue to watch this show. I just do not get it. I find it as Fox's worst show at its time and annoying when on other channels like CN now. Gosh why can't CN put up some of its classic cartoons instead of this crap?
  • Basically this is the most boring Show that I have ever seen on television!!!!

This show is so bad. The jokes are just so plain and stupid, the voices of each and every character is just anoying especially the four guys that stand out side the house, drink beer and talk about the dombest things know to man!!!
    Plus the episodeds are so dumb and make no sence once so ever. This should not even be considered a good show. If anyone wants to see a real show they should check out Family Guy or The Simpsons. Those shows are that are acually worth watching.

Some words of advice: Do Not Watch This Show!!!

Thanks!!!

• King of the hill more like King of the stupid

1.1
    Boring, boring, boring. Only occasionally it is funny. Some guys that just stand in front of a fence drinking beer saying "yup" isn't funny. And a guy talking about propane isn't funny either. And why don't they crack a smile they look like me when I watch this show bored out of my mind. I would rather watch totally spies then King of the hill. And that annoying kid when he sees something he gets interested in it like when he saw his cousin naked he starts going around talking about that even striping in front of his neighbor. Stupid.
    I stand with what I say "King of the Hill, more like King of the stupid"
    Peace.
  • I just can't find this pathetic and boring show to be funny.

I like beavis and butthead however this show isn't like beavis and butthead. After mike judge made beavis and butthead then he made this, I can't even see a resemblence in writeing or humor. The simpsons and futurama feel like its from matt groening,family guy and american dad feel like its from seth macfarlane. Beavis and butthead is a show thats stupid and funny and king of the hill doesn't. The reason why I don't like this show is because it's boring and it's dry humor, this just isn't my type of show. I like shows like futurama and south park. I just can't find this pathetic and boring show to be funny, it's just my personal opinion.
  • Not funny at all

3.1
    Gosh, I can't explain to you how much I hate this show. It's super reatarted and don't see how people can watch a single episode. I can watch this show for 5 seconds without turning the channel. One day while my dad was in the hospital,(he had cancer and ended up dying :()a King of the Hill marathon was on and after one epiosde i swear i was about to leave the hosipital, until deciding just to go up to the tv and turn it off. this show is really boring and don't see how this is still on the air after about 11 seasons or so
  • IS this a drama or a comical?

3.6
    Why is this show on fox? It is like a cartoon drama. I have never seen a joke in it. It is just a bunch of guys on a lawn drinking beer. And bobby is a copy of Chris griffin. They have all these hilerous shows like family guy, simpsons american dad, the winner, the wwar at home. then there is this show which is not funny even a little bit. Hank doesn't fall off cliffs or gets hit by stuff like homer, stan and peter do. He is also not loud and abusive like the other guys are. This show should be like the simpsons and have zanny stories.
  • This show has gotten boring.

3.7
    I used to be a fan of this how back in the earlier days. Boomhauer was my favorite....but now even THATS getting old. But now I cant help to wonder how its still on TV. Id rather watch my grass grow.
    Mike Judge needs to go back to other projects...like Beavis and Butthead.
  • Saddly, when the creator of Beavis & Butthead came to FOX, he made a show no where near as good as Beavis & Butthead, and it's right here.

Why was this show running so long?! I don't get the gigantic appeal about it. I didn't like it, it was also a slight knock off of The Simpsons (well, Family Guy is too, but...) with not as good humor. I disliked this show even in it's early seasons and middle aged seasons. This show's not even close to how good it's predecessor Beavis & Butthead was. Well, it's cancelled, and the Family Guy spin-off The Cleveland show's taking over it's airing. Not long after, this review would get more than 500 thumbs down. I'm sorry fan boys and girls, but I don't like this show as much as Beavis & Butthead.

Grade: D

Beavis & Butthead's much better!
  • This show is not pretty good,but it's still funny.

4.5
    I don't pretty much like this show and I think it's pretty much funny on fox.

Well,I still like The Simpsons and Family Guy and they're all on Fox,but this show is not pretty much good on that channel.

It's still pretty much funny on what funny on what it does all the time and it did what it did on Family Guy or The Simpsons.It does the thing where every time a scene ends,it's really funny.

This show is not that good and I give it a C because not only it did not so well,it was pretty much funny too.
  • worst show ever

1.1
    why anyone would watch this idont know it is not funny its boring and its nothing compared to the other animtion shows.instead of making this show the creators should have tried to make a half decent show.id rather watch the grss then this.no wonder it got it is pure s!*\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
  • WORST SHOW IN HISTORY!!! THIS SHOW GIVES BARNEY A BETTER NAME!!!

0.0
    This show isn't even funny! This show gives Barney a better name. It's not even right. I love comedy but I know for sure this isn't even worth it. I espeacially HATE Hank. He thinks he is all manly it just makes me puke. He doesn't care of what his son, Bobby thinks.
  • Its a completely average completely mediocre show.

Why in Gods name would you watch this show when theres shows like The Simpsons and Family guy on the same network. Now you might eb asking "But why does it suck?" because it just does, its kind of a sit down and watch comedy. If this was a knee-slapping funny comedy it would have prolly gotten a 7.0 because its just not that interesting. I would avoid this show unless theres nothing else on.
  • A fond farewell to a show that's no longer in danger of overstaying it's welcome.

King of the Hill has had a good long run, was genuinely funny for most of that run and is leaving the scene at about the right time. Recent episodes have led me to believe that the writers are beginning to reach for material and the series could be in danger of becoming a stale embarrassment if it were allowed to continue. That would be a terrible shame. I've been a big fan of Mike Judge ever since Bevis and Butthead (another series that was allowed to expire in a timely fashion before becoming stale)and would hate to see someone as talented as that get into a rut. If I were Mike, I would strongly consider a Bevis and Butthead re-union show during the haitus created by the cancellation of King of the Hill, the possibilities involved with a middle aged Bevis and Butthead could be a real scream if given a well thought out and energetic treatment by Judgemental Productions!
  • This show barely made the cut in my opinion. It was mediocre at best, but at least I could watch it.

4.5
    But when you consider that this show was created by the makers of Beavis and Butthead (Which in my opinion is nothing but an abysmal waste of time and effort, trying to create a comedy cartoon), this show didn't do half-bad. It had its good moments and bad moments. But what makes this show so much better than the previously-reviewed Walker, Texas Ranger? Well, for one thing, there wasn't a bunch of tough and buff good guys and bad guys trying to beat each other up every episode! For another thing, I seem to remember having seen more and better characters in this show, such as Connie and John Redcorn. And this is all I have to say for now.
  • King of the Hill is another animation hit from Beavis and Butthead creator Mike Judge, who also voices the starring character Hank Hill, a propane gas salesman in the fictional town Arlen, Texas.

"King of the Hill" isn't as great as it used to be. The humor isn't as good as it was in the other previous seasons. But, the animation has improved in a high degree. It really has greatly improved.

"King of the Hill" isn't that interesting anymore. It has changed some how. Dal isn't as bizzare and strange like he used to be. But he still makes me laugh. I still can't understand a word Boomhauer says. Hank is stiff and boring as ever. Bill, well he just sucks.

The show doesn't make me laugh or feel pleased as it used to make me. I'm probably going to stop watching it pretty soon.
  • It just isn't that funny anymore.

6.3
    The primetime animated series has high expectations. It has proved to be a hit-or-miss genre. Attempting to put a spin on the animated primetime sitcom, King of the Hill is slower, taking place in a small town in Texas. While I appriciate the effort, it's run out of quality ideas. With a "when's it on again?" timeslot and twelve seasons the novelty of the show has long since worn out it's welcome with me. The once-refreshing change of ideas and morels on FOX has become an iritant. I find myself asking: when's it get funny? All four of the guys are basiclly useless except for Dale, who's rants and jokes never tire. I guess the only characters I like anymore are Peggy and Dale. I'll watch it when it's seldom on but just to kill time I suppose.
  • I don't know what the heck this is about.

This show isn't good but it's still sorta funny. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I'm glad this show is ending. I mean, what would rather see: The Cleveland Show or King of the Hill? I would like to see The Cleveland Show more than King of the Hill. What the heck is King of the Hill about? Friends? Family? The comedy is king of okay but The Cleveland show deserves the time slot more than King of the Hill. Overall I give King of the Hill a 6.5. Watch until it's season finale which I'm sure will be great.
  • Its horrible animations, dislikeable characters, and uninteresting plots make this cartoon really horrible. The first second you see this you will flip the channel to something even better.

0.1
    King of the Hill was created when Mike Jude did Beavis and Butthead (the first adult cartoon you may call). This cartoon is taken place in Texas and the family of this cartoon is sort of lacking the likeness of cartoon characters. The animations are horrible, and this cartoon has been on for years and they still hadn't change the technology or use the new technology to make it look better. The plots are pretty much boring and seems like it was copied but the dialogue is kinda good. Overall, people looking for a new smart cartoon, do not watch this cartoon. Its horrible and will haunt you from ever watching. For a better smart cartoon, watch Fatherhood.
  • Is this comedy or just crap?

0.6
    I was watching this show for a long time because there's nothing good on TV.It does have some funny jokes but still boring.Dale is the only funniest character in the show.Bobby suck so much!!!,He thinks his so funny but really he's a fat,loser,gay,fatty.Bobby is going to be a lazy fat hobbo when he grow up.He should work at a Fitness place.I would have give 6 points if they toke away Bobby from the show.There was one episode that was really funny, is when Bobby learned how to fight like a girl so Hank tryed to teach him boxing then he got Bobby mad so Bobby kicked Hank below the waste,That was the best episode.Ok I hope you enjoy my review about this show.
  • I have seen a number of episodes over the years, and I keep trying to watch it (as I am huge fan of animated comedy, Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Futurama, etc.) However, after watching 10 episodes, and genuinely trying to give it a ch

1.5
    I dont get it, is the only joke supposed to be Hank's strange way of saying Propane?

It just seems to me like all the characters have a fairly annoying accent first of all, second of all they never seem to do anything funny (I like my comedy non-sequitir, almost dadaist)

The comedy in this show just doesnt cut it, too mundane.
  • Why is this show animated?

There is nothing about KoTH that warrants animation. It's like Fox sponsored a spin-off of the lamest character from Beavis and Butthead (which was a really really dumb show to begin with but good for a few chuckles) and Judge flushed it out to be a whole series of Texas flavored after-school specials about resisting pop culture and liberalism. Think 'Saved By the Bell' meets 'Little House on the Prarie'.
  • HuH???

What kind of show is this. I can tell you one thing. I personally do not want to see a show about mainly stuff that could actually happen. I mean it is not very interesting. Plus the new episodes are all family friendly. I mean is that what we want to see? I can tell you i don't. The only reason that this show got a 4 is because the characters are hilarious and a few episodes really can get you to laugh out loud. Other than that the show is pretty sorry. If you likie the show then do what you do. As for me the show is not that great. -NarutoShippuden
  • This show proves how clean humor can ruin a person's life.

Mike Judge, what have you done?!!! You got rid of a highly controlversial show like Beavis & Butt-head for this?!!

Here is how KOTH is a bad show:

1. Hank Hill is as vanilla as you can get.
    2. Peggy is an egomatic blowhard
    3. Bobby is useless
    4. Dale is a "Hate him or Love him" person
    5. The episodes are 3/5 "Bobby disappoints Hank"
    6. Mike Judge went from funny (dark, sadistic, vile humor) to Bob Saget (If you don't get it. Here's two words: Full House)

Spend your Animation Domination time elsewhere, since this show is not worth it.

Here are some examples of bad episodes from last year:

*Peggy meets up with her mother, the beast of Hell. I hate Peggy, but I hate her mother even more.
    *Hank gets involved in his Patriotic duties after Bill gets a golden retriever from a Blue Angels pilot in Iraq (that was cool). What does Hank get? Duke, the demon cat from a Private who's in Florida. Well, I hate cats too...
    *Bill gets into a stereotypicly gay choir group. He is almost doomed if it wern't for Dale unleashing full mocking to him. "You're part of a twelve-headed jackass!!!"
    *Dale, after being confused about JFK, turns into a American Patriot!!!! Well, Hank is in turmoil in that episode as he's declared a "Woman". This means Peggy irritates everyone.

The only good episode was "The Smoking Bandit". My only other favs are "Apres Hank, Le Deluge" & "Tankin' It To The Streets". Other than that, KoTH sucks.
  • It's an aquired taste that tastes bad to me

5.5
    I'll admit i've enjoyed King Of The Hill the odd time but most of the time i find myself losing interest in the middle of the episode. I really don't find it interesting because it's a show that you'd expect over the top humour within due to the various over the top plots but most of the time they are so bland and boring you just don't really care anymore.

I'm very surprised it has lasted as long as it has because it airs the same time as the almighty kings of the animated comedy world The Simpsons and Family Guy but has absolutley dead air time 7:30 on sundays when nobody watches therefore terrible ratings that and the fact that i find it nowhere near the same level as any of the big animated comedies and i am furious that it outlived Futurama.

The humour is subtle almost too subtle only for fans of things like Napoleon Dynamite. King Of The Hill is bland, dry, stale , and often up it's @$$ with half thought political messages. None of the main characters are memorable or interesting the only characters that make me laugh are Dale, Kahn, and the odd time Bill. Hank is annoying, up his own @$$, and a stick in the mud, Peggy is just whiny and does nothing the entire show, and Bobby just gets irritating to the point that you hope the jocks kick his @$$.

I know people who love subtle humour like that of Arrested Development, Napoleon Dynamite, and Eagle vs Shark and will disagree and i respect the show for entertaining those who enjoy that style of humour but it's 12 years too long it's time to end the kings reign after this season and honestly i think it should hung up in it's sixth season.

King Of The Hill while at times can be fun is too boring too dry too stale humoured. It's just sitting there taking up space, and collecting dust while shows like Futurama, Arrested Development, and The War At Home are cancelled prematurely because of it.
  • A show that has jacked the like of the Simpson's

this is a show that is not very funny unlike like the simpsons plus it is very boring at times. No good storyline, and a guy from New York that lives in Texas. WOW A gay son that the writers dont use enough, and the hit word on this show is yep. Well change that to Nope.It can be good at times but overall this show will go down the drain because the Simpsons over all kill this show. It's not all right boring but the writing needs to be a little bit more interesting.JAck the Simpson storyline since they jacked the Simpson's over all .

• Its a pretty good show, but i dont watch it as much because i am so busy!

7.2
    The main characters in this show are Hank, Peggy, Bobby and Lou Anne. But there are also Hank's friends: Dale, Boomhauer and Bill. Hank is sometimes mean. He is like to manly to hug his son Bobby, or something like that. Sometimes, (lol) i get annoyed with Hank. Dale has a wife. her name is Nancy. She had a kid with another man named John Redcorn. Their kid's name is Joseph and Dale thinks that it is his son. Joseph and Bobby are friends.
  • Hank hill his wife peggy and his son bobby go through diffrent struggles in there home town of Arlen Texas

7.7
    Its an alright show but second to the simpsons and family guy but I am a massive fan of bevis and butthead so I do like the show but they need to pick and kick the episodes up a notch and make them more exciting and more humerus because Ive noticed especially lately that the episodes have been lacking in theses departments but the show is good and some of the episodes are just hilarius like when dell loses his job as a exterminator or when bill tries to become a proffesional eater and there are alot of celebrity guess stars on the shows thats a plus
  • Oh, Family Guy, Beavis And Butthead, DERP

Honestly. Most people who dislike this love random cutscenses/flashbacks that go on for 5 minutes or stupid sex jokes. King of The Hill was perfect. You could actually enjoy it, watch it with your family, and laugh. If you give this show a bad rating or dislike this comment, I've lost hope for America. 10/10
  • king of the hill

it satarts with hank outside warting his plands he sayis hep that is a good joke yea dell sayes hank says what about it pegey comes out of the house and says hank the whatere heatere has broken again what ? not now i did not what this to happen now i got to go and fix this see youal i will be back asap dell says hea you bedder be back in less then a hour hae i will try to ok see you latere guys ok ok hank not going to fix dang balsted hot whatere heatere the end
  • if your a red neck............go ahead and watch this...........then go away

0.0
    If you enjoy singing the national anthem for no reason, going to nascar, drinking beer for no reason, talk gay like a red neck, you are a red neck, or just are bored to the point of wanting to kill yourself; this is the show for you. I cannot describe how much this show sucks. Right when the show starts, you can see how bad it is. The interlude is the four guys standing in front of the main character's house drinking beer for hours on end. How bad is that, but making it worse is what the main character's job is, selling propane. Wow. That sets up a great show don't you think???? Me too. One of the episodes that i was unfortunate enought to get caught having to watch with my sister, was about the main character's wife thinks she's a good country song writer because a untalented singer sings it. So what does she do???? she goes to a red neck concert to say "grrrrrrrrrr". End.................... Words cannot describe how retarded that is. In short, this show sucks on so many levels. Please stop showing this insult to mankind called "KING OF THE HILL." I belive if this show is canceled that wars will stop, along with all the problems in the world.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10