King of the Hill

Straight as an Arrow

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Nov 30, 2008 on FOX

7.8
  • Nostalgia at its Best

KOTH has been accused by many, including myself, as reusing plot points in the last couple of seasons, and one could argue this as a prime example. However, despite this using the Order, I feel this is more nostalgic, then it is reusing. First off, this is only the second story line which the Order is used, not a plot point hashed out for the millionth time. Secondly, it was really refreshing and new, despite it having similar things. I felt that what was reused was done so in a way to pay homage, not because they couldn't think of anything better. This episode did share some similarities of the episode where Bobby goes to Cotton's old school which has gone soft, and Cotton tried to take over and make it tough. In this case, the Order has gone soft and Hank tries to make it tough. But again, it isn't simply a rehashing of that storyline either. What it does do is show the similarities between Hank and his father, and also how people try to take anything slightly dangerous out of activities in today's society. I liked how they gave a reasoning for Wesley being that way, but Hank still wasn't fully wrong either. Both had good reasons, and should have come to a consensus on how to run things. I thought it was a pretty funny episode, and brought back memories of one of my all time favourite episodes, with a fresh twist, which is nice. The B Plot was good, and had some laughs too, which isn't always the case on this show.