King of the Hill

The Order of the Straight Arrow

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 02, 1997 on FOX

• Wo Lu Lu!

For the third week in a row, the show improves, bringing its best episode yet, and one of the best out of all 13 years. I love all the gags with the John Redcorn character, and how guilable Bobby is. I loved how Bobby kept trying to heal the crane because he thought everything was real. The Peggy storyline was clearly one of two things, pure filler, or simply a way to reveal her huge feet which plays a big role later on. Fortunately, her scenes were short so the lack of humour in them is fine. Overall one of my favourites ever!
  • Season 1 continues to have some perfect episodes.

Season 1 continues with another perfect episode, in this episode, Hank and the guys take Bobby, Joseph, Randy, Garth to pass the order of the straight arrow. This episode had some more classic moments such as Wemetanya, Bobby almost cussing, here's a funsaver, take lots of pictures, peggy trying to rush hank and them to leave, bobby killing a whooping crane, taste the wind one last time bird spirit, the slim jims, and much more. In conclusion, I will give this perfect episode a.

10/ 10

• Decent.

There was atime in which I thought things couldn't get as weird. Well, I was proven wrong. This episode was kind of silly, but also a bit weird. Hank took Bobby on this camping trip that was kind of like a boy scout thing. He made Bobby pass obstacles and wanted him to do what he did. He made up a big lie just to make Bobby go on the trip. Bobby ended up killing a rare bird, only it wasn't really dead. Overall, this episode was kind of funny, had some interesting bits and was not bad at all. Thank you.
  • Wematanye this is still one of the best king of the kill episodes to date. This episode alone makes owning the season on DVD worthwhile. Wematanye.

Wematanye this is still one of the best king of the kill episodes to date. This episode alone makes owning the season on DVD worthwhile. a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a Wematanye.
  • Order of the Straight Arrow is easy to relate to for many guys because, well frankly, who hasn't heard about or participated in the classic "Snip Hunt" in the woods?

Order of the Straight Arrow includes a much under-used characture in Eustice(dale calls him "Useless"); he failed out of the Order when he was about 11 years old. Now he's a successful patent lawyer and his son is going to become a member of the Order. Also another never before seen characture in the show appears in a scene around the campfire, he remains unexplained and unnamed to this day; a little boy with a strong resemblance to Boomhauer (same eyes, same color and texture of hair, same calm demeanor and same build). Really the sponsors of this camping trip are Hank and Dale but they take Bill and Boomhauer along for the ride. In this episode, John Redcorn gets slightly offended, Bobby believes he has become a Shaman and we gain some insight on the long-time friendship the men of Arlen have shared.
  • When the guys take Bobby's camping group on a camping trip, Bobby accidently kills a whooping crane.

The guys are taking Bobby's scout group on a trip to earn their Order of the Straight Arrow badge. During a "snipe hunt," Booby acciedntly kills a whooping crane. Hank wants to dispose of it, but soon someone sees Bobby holding the crane and calls the Park Ranger. The ranger tracks everyone down and is about to arrest Hank, when the crane comes back to life. Hank believes it was just luck, but Bobby thinks it was Whematonya. Also, Peggy sets out to do her "to do list," but gets it done in only one day. This is a pretty good episode.
  • Hank, Bill, Boomhower, and Dale takes Bobby, Joseph, and another kid on "The Order of the Straight Arrow" camping trip and during a "snipe hunt," Bobby accidently hurts a whooping crane.

Hank, Bill, Boomhower, and Dale take the boys on "The Order of the Straight Arrow" camping trip. While gone, Peggy sets to do everything on her "to do" list. She does. Hank, Bill, Boomhower, and Dale talk about how everyhting is special and trick the boys, like they were tricked. They go on a "snipe hunt" with the boys. Bobby hits a whooping crane, but believes that Wemintana (spelled wrong I know) turned the snipe into the whooping crane so he would live. Eventually, a camper learns that they had killed the whooping crane and tells a park ranger. They go to get rid of it, but are caught. Right before Hank is arrested, the whooping crane gets up and flys away. Hank is set free. Hank knows that it was just knocked out, but Bobby believes it was Wemintana.
  • One of the best King of the Hill epsoids.

This is one of the top 10 king of the Hill episodes. I think this was the turing point of King of the hill. The best part of this show was when Bobby thought he killed a snape. And this was also one of the first Hank falsh back epsoids and the frist look at Cotten Hill.
  • I see Texas!

I love this episode! Since I am such a big fan of this show I have bought all of the DVDs and this has to be one of my favorites. I love how on the road trip Hank and Bill give the boys slim jims and calls them silence sticks. Also the snipe hunt is classic! One of the best parts in this episode is when the boys go, "Wematanye I see Texas Wematanye!"
WLNY-2