King of the Hill

The Redneck on Rainey Street

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM May 16, 2004 on FOX

• So far, my favorite episode.

Connie is rejected by a prestigious summer school, which makes Kahn outraged. After meeting Elvin Mackleston, Kahn decides to become a redneck after discovering that overachieving will never make his family get ahead in life. Minh joins him, but Connie doesn't change, and after a while, their yard looks like cr@p. The person that is trying to sell a house on Rainey Street knocks 15 thousand dollars off the price because of how Kahn and Minh's house looks. Because they missed a payment, and based on how their yard now looks, the bank is foreclosing on them. Kahn goes to 2X4 fights with his redneck friends, but Hank stops him and brings him to his senses.Afterwards, Kahn and Minh get to keep their house. After discovering what Connie has been through, the prestigious summer school accepts her.

This is now my favorite King of the Hill episode. It was funny seeing Kahn and Minh doing redneck things for a change. Some other funny things are Elvin Mackleston throwing a brick through a building window to get the new Trace Adkins CD and Peggy talking about Kahn keeping a washing machine out in his yard so that stray dogs could have puppies there. I'm not spoiling it all, though. The plot is great, but I'm glad that Kahn and Minh stopped acting like rednecks at the end of the episode. The jokes were funny, too. The character development is good as Connie gets accepted to the summer school. I wished that they could have kept that "One Hot Mama" Trace Adkins song audible longer, though. Oh, well. Great plot, jokes, and good character development.