King of the Hill

Three Coaches and a Bobby

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Jan 26, 1999 on FOX

• Coached to Perfection

This is another example of why Season 3 is possibly the best season as a whole. It has so many laughs, and is an episode that is great no matter how many times you watch it. It has a lot of classic lines, such as "memorize it" and "take a salt tablet". It has a great plot about Hank realizing that his former coach is not as good as he used to be, and having to deal with that. It also has Hank facing soccer face on. There are just too many amazing things about this episode.
  • Will Ferrell guest stars. You know it is going to be funny.

Hank gets bent out of control when Bobby quits football to play soccer. This happened when Hank decided that the team needs a boost. Hank and the gang get their old high school football coach to come out of retirement (he is working at a show store) and come back to help them win a championship. Bobby ends up coming back and bringing some help when he sees his dad losing a rival game.

Even though I like soccer the jokes are hilarious. Will Ferrell plays the head soccer coach and he does a great job. The crazy football coach was classic and the lines he would say were so funny. This was another fine example of the wonderful King of the Hill.
  • Soccer is funny.

King of the Hill rarely has soccer featured. This episode was an exception. I hate soccer and I make fun of people who play it, but I thought that it was really funny on this show. I especially liked out upset Hank got at Bobby for quiting football and joining the soccer team. Bobby decides that football is too rough and wants to join a lighter sport. I guess it fits the fat, girly figure of him so why not? What made this episode interesting is that Hank is so stupid at times that it makes you laugh. He never changes and it is funny. Thank you.