King of the Hill

Traffic Jam

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Feb 22, 1998 on FOX

7.9
  • Traffic Jam showcases Kahn's weakness; he has no common sense and always acts before he thinks. In this episode, Hank must attend a themed traffic school and meets a serious challenge once there.

7.2
    Traffic Jam brings a stand-up comic to the forefront and Bobby is completed mesmerized. Of course, Hank is not going to tolerate this hero-worhip, but the more Hank fights it, the more complicated things get.

**************SPOILERS***************

Bobby changes his identity to "Pop and Fresh" and immediately begins imitating the racist comedian/traffic school teacher "Buddah Sack". When Buddah Sack starts using Bobby's silly stand-up act to make fun of Hank in front of the entire classroom, Hank puts his foot down. Bobby, as usual, goes a little too far in his efforts to rebel against his dad's wishes and decides to take his comedy research to the internet to prepare for his big performance at Buddah Sacks amateur night comedy club. Tune in for a few surprises!
  • A Comedy Show About Stand Up Comedy Is Not a Good Combo It Seems

This has and always will be my least favourite episode. It has some funny moments, but it is just boring. Every time I watch it, I can't wait for it to end. The plot line is kind of dumb, and just seems so unrealistic. The saddest part is that I really do think Chris Rock is a really funny stand-up, but his character is just really unfunny. I think if there was any episode that could be skipped it could be this one for sure. Not worth 20 minutes of someone's time. The jokes that are funny, are actually pretty good, but they take place mostly within the first 8-10 minutes and then one here and there after that. Still an OK episode, but far from the standard KOTH. Even the later episodes (which were often not great) were better than this.
  • Ugh, this episode was HORRIBLE! And it\'s all because of Chris Rock. Damn you!!! :P

2.1
    I\'ve only just begun to watch KotH as the first two season sets have been released in Australia, and I have to say, of all the episodes I\'ve seen so far, Traffic Jam is the absolute WORST.

Probably fuelled by my hatred of Chris Rock\'s unfunniness and his annoying voice, I felt embarrassed watching this episode, and I\'d never want to see it again unless I skip any scenes with Chris Rock in them.

With that said, King of the Hill has not yet failed to please me as it is a very witty and entertaining show, until now. In future, they should steer clear of Chris Rock and his brand of \"comedy\".