King of the Hill

Won't You Pimai Neighbor?

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Mar 19, 2000 on FOX

• Full of Spirit!

This is an episode that I like, despite its lack of actual comedy in it. If I were to judge solely based on the number of laughs, it would probably get a fairly poor review, but I enjoyed the plot and some of the things that happened in it. Bobby acting like a Buddhist was pretty funny and it was very typical Hank. One thing I appreciate about this show is it pokes fun of typical ignorant America. Hank is that ignorance. It makes this show more realistic and is also what makes this episode fairly tolerable. Overall just an OK episode, but its worth a watch just to see Connie and Bobby's relationship bloom!
  • A group of Buddhist monks suspects that Bobby might be the reincarnation of the Lama Sanglug. Bobby enjoys getting caught up in Buddhism, until he and Connie learn that Llamas are not allowed to have girlfriends, which puts a strain on their relationship.

5.5
    The plot seems really random but interesting. I wonder what if Bobby was the Llama. It really developed Bobby and Connie's love for each other. I thought that the ending was clever, with Bobby choosing the girl (Connie) in the mirror.

Although, one thing I absolutely hated how intolerant Hank was towards the Buddhist religion. He was confronting the monk in the alley, he seemed to have that "my God is right and yours is wrong" attitude towards him and throughout the whole episode, which made me think of his as an ignorant Christian.

Overall, the episode was okay to watch, but Hank's attitude really knocked down the rating for this episode.