King of the Hill

You Gotta Believe (In Moderation)

Aired Sunday 8:30 AM Jan 29, 2006 on FOX

• Hank Gets Defeated

This is a pretty decent episode, much better then the last couple. It had a fun plot, and it was funny to see that Hank actually thinks he can beat the team. The only thing that was a bit odd was how he convinced the whole team to feel the same. I have a hard time believing that the entire team didn't get that it was all for show and that they could beat them. The lines are funny though, especially Dale (as usual). Overall it was a pretty good episode, that brings in a good amount of laughs.
  • Hank was stupid.

I think that this was a solid episode of King of the Hill. I will really say that I liked the entire episode. It was fairly entertaining and the plot was decent. the only thing that lacked was the realism. But to say this was an okay epsidoe would be a lie. My favorite aspects had to where Hank gets mad about the way the other team is playing so he decides to take things into his own hands. The funny part was that the other team was actually a really good team and ended up showing Hank's team how the game is really played. Thank you.
  • In an attempt to raise money for the school baseball team, Hank invites a leading softball team, renowned for their on-field antics, to play his own community league team. But things turn sour when he plays the game to win. Not one of my favourites...

6.8
    Straight off I'll admit that I'm not really a sports fan, and even beyond that, baseball is mostly an American thing (I'm a Brit), but even so, I can't say that I overly enjoyed this episode.

There have been other sports-themed episodes of the series, but they mostly served up interesting stories at least. This one just didn't do it for me.

It's always nice to see Hank and the neighbourhood characters acting as a team and eventually winning agains the odds, but beyond that I found the story mostly unappealing.

Things could at least done with a seperate b-story to even things out a bit, but no such luck.

I didn't realise until the closing credits rolled, that the guest voice was John Schneider, best known as Bo Duke in 'The Dukes of Hazzard', one of my all-time favourite television series (yes really!!). So it's a shame that he guested on such an unmemorable episode. He could have done with a better character, one where he sent up his 'good ol' boy' persona more.

I'm watching these episode through Channel 4 (U.K.)'s irregular, middle-of-the-night broadcasts, but they jumped from the season premiere ('Hanks On Board') to this episode for some unknown reason (go figure!). So I can't speak for the episodes in between as of yet, but certainly in terms of their broadcast order, this is the weakest episode of the series I've seen in some time.
  • Another sport themed episode

6.7
    In short, the episode had some key moments however it didn\\\'t stand out from the many other sport themed episodes which can be considered filler material,equivalent to clip episodes. Not to say that this was a bad episode however it didnt have as many funny moments as it should have.