King Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on ShowcaseBetween Seasons

Danny = biggest idiot on a cop show (spoilers)

ltcomstella

[1]May 27, 2012
    • level: 18

he has a problem eventually he is bailed out by his wife, he then relapses, but gets that debt sorted by helping out the bookie, then relapses a few episodes later but this time has no way out and has basically screwed the pooch for good this time ?

other than having king move on to another guy like spears ? or someone better who she canhave akid with i feel the writers have ruined the show by making danny the idiot/loser bad boy..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vimasunrider

[2]May 28, 2012
    • level: 4

Was that the 2nd season final? I think Danny could be written out. Jess and Danny had so many issues, it was same-old same-old every episode - repeat stuff, not as good tv. If she stood up for him after he did such a wrong thing (helping bookie) that would be wrong for her character.

ltcomstella

[3]Jun 7, 2012
    • level: 18

yup it was the last of season 2..

these cop shows need a new gimmick cos king should be better than that...she should go lesbian lol since her luck with men is terrible

also are we too asume the baby was danny's and not spears ?

TellyAddict25

[4]Jan 12, 2013
    • level: 1

:
    other than having king move on to another guy like spears ? or someone better who she canhave akid with i feel the writers have ruined the show by making danny the idiot/loser bad boy..
    Hear hear!! Definitely! 100%. The biggest mistake I've ever seen on any TV show I've ever been a fan of and I've been a fan of lots of TV shows believe me!

It just doesn't make any sense at all because: 1) Danny and Jess were going after their dream of having a family really hard. 2) Apart from falling off the wagon a couple of times in S2 Danny was handling his addiction really well I thought. Then he went on a bender and Taylor helped him get back on the straight and narrow and he was going to the GA meetings. He was so happy and proud when he told Jess and I was really happy and proud of him too, even if Jess wasn't at the time but she came round so it was all good! 3) Jess and Danny just became Lola's Godparents which Danny was relishing and 4) He'd just got his big new important on the ball job in homicide and he was really good at it and he'd been looking forward to it for a long time!!

I just wanna say a few things before I go any further: Danny was just pure awesome!! He was one of the most lovely male TV characters I've ever come across!! I have been watching the whole of the series every day over the last 19 days ( I missed the very first 2 eppies). I live in the UK.

I first came across "King" last year because it was on the same channel as my favourite show. I caught an early morning repeat of the first eppy and the third eppy although I didn't see quite all of either ep. Anyway I knew straight away that Danny was a lovely lovely guy!! He was the only one whose name I learnt. I just thought he was really really lovely!! I didn't get involved with the show then though because Danny was the only character I really liked and I didn't think that was enough of a reason to watch "King".

I was just gonna preview my post to proof read it but it cut a whole chunk out of it. I'm not gonna redo the bits that've got chopped but I'll just finish by saying these few things:

The final scene was really really sad. Both for Jess and Danny. All those things Jess was saying to him were true. Sad but true. Then when he left I was like: 'Oooh' . Then to see Jess standing there all by herself. Really really sad.

I want to contest the title of your thread, in a friendly way. It wasn't Danny that was the problem it was the writers making a really really big mistake that completely ruined this show.

I haven't officially watched the whole the the S2 finale yet, just the scenes with Danny and Jess. When I do however watch the finale tomorrow I'm getting rid of it straight away and then I'm just gonna act like it never ever happened. There's absolutely no point in ruining all the positive and lovely memories coz the writers did their job badly in the end. There I said it!

One final thing: Do you think the writers knew this was gonna be the final ever episode? Not that that makes it any better at all but just a thought I've had.

I'd really like to have a discussion about this with you guys and then I might bring up some of the points that got lost on my original post before I posted it.