Kings

First Night

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Mar 29, 2009 on NBC

• Another Good Episode

The show continues to impress me and keep me very entertained in its characters and there devolopments four epsiodes into the show. I'm still blown away at how impressed I was with the pilot. The last two episodes have slowed down the pace a little bit, but have still been a joy to watch. The Kings portion of the episode was done very well as they were able to mix in the Queen without having it seem like "too much". She puts on a ballet for him, but has to leave to go take care of his son. I was curious as to if the Queen knew about the other woman with the ammount of times she kept on saying that this night he has to stay with her, but with the super secret security detail I don't think that she has any idea. The King has a small group of people who know his secret with the other woman and he goes to attend his son. The epsiode really slowed for me when the King left the hospital to go and talk to the revenard on the road. The king hit the deer and tried to have a talk with God, but the whole scene came off poorly executed.

They went a great direction with David too, showing him a different side of the rich and famous life. I like how the girl did figure out at the end that he did go out and do what he did. Overall, great epsiode and I look forward to the next one.