Kings Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

KINGS WAS TERRIBLE. I AM GLAD IT WAS CANCELLED. goodbye forever!

How bad did KINGS suck

jopy666

[1]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    This was one of the worst shows of all times. I am glad they cancelled it. I would much rathter watch American Idol or something that doesnt talk down to me like this cruddy show did. GIve me reality tv any day of the week over this schlocky sudo-shakespeerian trash. I never understood why anyone would watch this rubbish and never will. Its shows like this that are the reeson that networks are failing when obviously good crowdpleasers like reality shows dont get enough time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

flashbangbob

[2]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 1
    Kings was one of the best shows on tv for a while - nice to see some intelligent drama for a change rather than that reality tv rubbish full of nonsensical morons that the networks have been pushing down our throats lately. I hope they bring out season 2.

HMVincent

[3]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    Did you watch all 13 episodes before you decided to post your comment?

Audiovore

[4]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 5
    While it was a good concept it was thoroughly ill-planned. They did not think of the requirements of world building. They should have had things laid out of the globe, the modern religion(were they Jews or what?), and how things came to be all the way back to the cradle of civilization.

Funkert

[6]Jul 26, 2009
    this guy must be trolling.

watcher2001

[7]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 2
    @jopy666 I really thought you were serious for a while until I realized you weren't when you made the comment that reality tv didn't get enough air time. Too funny. Nice attempt to start a flame war though..

goodridd

[8]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 17

I hope this was sarcasm.

Edit - OK, it was. I just looked at your profile

The jig is up!

Edited on 07/26/2009 3:51pm

SaintLecutis

[9]Jul 26, 2009
    jopy666 wrote:
    This was one of the worst shows of all times. I am glad they cancelled it. I would much rathter watch American Idol or something that doesnt talk down to me like this cruddy show did. GIve me reality tv any day of the week over this schlocky sudo-shakespeerian trash. I never understood why anyone would watch this rubbish and never will. Its shows like this that are the reeson that networks are failing when obviously good crowdpleasers like reality shows dont get enough time.
    Show was interesting and didnt focus on bible thumping so in that sense it was a pretty good drama ,its to bad it was cancelled hopefully a diffrent provider picks it up and it airs the whole season , on your concept that "it sucks" you explained it in your post with you would rather watch Idol then Kings well maybe you are a tv reality buff to each his own but in saying that your opinion is very small compared to many other posts that actully enjoyed somthing besides the crap that they are putting on tv these days and crap is (TV Reality Shows) maybe go out and live your life instead of living someone elses behind a tube. If you watched a few episodes instead of 10 mins you would have a better concept of the show , anyways thats it.

FARMER777

[10]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 3

Your crazy!!! it was Great!!!

turkisme

[11]Jul 26, 2009
    • level: 6
    bring season 2

CyclotronX

[12]Jul 27, 2009
    Terrible? I liked it very much - more spice and better writing than most TV. I'm a little scared of what some who thinks Kings is "terrible" considers good TV.

NicGal31

[13]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 2
    I truly believe Kings was one of the better shows on TV. I enjoyed the 13 remaining episodes and feel sad that NBC nor any other Network picked it up! What a waste of talent and entertainment!

Audiovore

[14]Jul 27, 2009
    I am torn whether doing Kings was good or bad for US network television. In the end it was probably bad, due to its failure further putting the networks off of gritty and dark dramas.

I also wonder why the continuity production was so low. Had it been BBC produced it probably would have been bulletproof comparably. Such as Merlin, which is now airing on NBC's Sunday lineup. Albeit a bit campy, it is a fun and well thought out re-imagining of the Merlin tale.

I am a bit miffed by the cliffhangerish ending, as they should have been prepared for the high probability of cancellation. Oh well, there is always more TV to watch.

blacktee03

[15]Jul 27, 2009
    one of the greatest shows ive ever seen. i dont think the show was canceled they would've said it was the series finale if it was it just came on 2 days ago so its not like the show was ended mid season.

scjw03

[16]Jul 30, 2009
    I think intelligence has a lot to do with who watches this show and who prefers reality shows. let me put it this way- i am far from goosebumps wit american idol. it is gay

head9937

[18]Aug 2, 2009

This series was an amazing series and I would agree with a majority of you. The reason I believe it did not do so well is because it does have a religious theme which sadly a lot of executives and politics have a problem with (especially the ones from the time when religion was a tough subject like when prayer was taken out of schools so forth and so on). Another reason was the lack of advertisment from NBC. I did not even know the series was on until I came upon it by accident.

I enjoyed it because it did bring the famous story out and place it with a modern twist with current issues going through the world. The cliff hanger did suck so I hope another network picks it up, I would have to say though, NBC should air an official two hour series finale.

Edited on 08/02/2009 10:14am

robinrunar

[19]Aug 2, 2009
    How can you say that? did you even watched it more than 2 minutes? this show is great!

LordJaguar

[20]Aug 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    Almost everytime I like a show it gets cancelled. This show finally started to heat up and it's over. I wanted to see more of the angry Silas and how David survived off on his own.