Kings

Javelin

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jul 11, 2009 on NBC

• This was an up and down episode!

This episode was very good. I cannot say amazing, but it was good enough to not leave my seat once through the entire episode. It is starting to become increasingly strange to me that hollywood would get rid of this show. I think if anything it showed the human side of Rev. Samuels and that all humans make mistakes. Likewise I would say the same for David. At first I though it was stupid that he lied to King Silas, but think about it. Who would actually tell a potential father in law on the spot that you are dating his daughter and slept with her! Not me! It would take more courage than I have. And I think that is what happened to David. In his heart he was going to tell the king, but being put on the spot was probably too much and he needed to process his hero's secret lifestyle. So I think that this episode really does show that the characters have real moments of greatness and failure. Seriously this was a good episode. The king in less than a minute destroyed what he had been trying to control since he became king: his media image and the people's perception of him. This was a great episode that progressively built off of the previous episodes. And to think that this was based off of the Biblical story of David. This show is a great modern day representation and one that has me wondering what is going to happen next!