Kings

The New King (Part 2)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Jul 25, 2009 on NBC

• Silas is back with a vengeance and no one seems to be able to stop him.

This was a great episode! I am surprised and upset that NBC did not at least allow it to run all the way through. I mean I saw 24 and when that ended it kinda left is weird taste in my mouth. This show obviously still has some time to kill. I was definately surprised that Silas was still alive, but I was also surprised that his nephew sold out his own dad. I was really surprised by the mom and her lying to her husband about her daughter's alleged treasonous actions. Wow! What people will do in order to protect their family (even unborn). I think that was clever. Although it made sense for Silas to force his son to produce an heir, it was nonetheless still a surprise. And I am amazed that Jack's "girlfriend" is so naive in the midst of such a bloody family, not to realize that she is being used. I was also really surprised that Rev. Samuels pray was technically not answered. Who would have thought that he would have been shot only to come back as a ghost and nobody realize it! Wow! I love how he was talking to Silas and during the whole conversation Silas had no idea that Rev. Samuels was dead! That was cool. All in all I would rate this series a 9.5 for the amazing plot twists. It really is a pity that the show was canceled. I can see that it would at least have promise to last an entire season, maybe even two. Well, here's to hope...