Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

Fitness Fiend

Aired Saturday 11:30 AM Feb 14, 2004 on FOX

• This review is written by bryanoftoons/viewtifulboy. I am posting for him.

Wow. I have so much to say about this episode, but I have a limit here so I'll try to shorten it. Everything about this episode is just awesome. It starts with King Dedede pigging out on chips while watching TV and getting fat (which is some great artwork), then eventually Kirby gets fat and NME gets Richard Simmon's wierd lovechild to get them into shape.

From beginning to end this episode is magnificent. All of the animation is beautiful to watch, nothing drags on. The thing that really got me was that Richard Simmons dance workout from hell. The entire way he's doing all this wierd stuff to them and yet Kirby and Dedede are both still jiggling and staying well animated. Then the waddle dees start dancing and that is just awesome animation right there alone. The writing is spot on. Even one of Escargoon's bad jokes is good and the lyrics to the dance is wierd and evil at the same time. The entire thing is charming, cute, and wierd (in a good way). The voice acting in this episode was just perfect. Every actor showed the emotion they needed to for their part and the disco pounding was in great quality.
    Let me wrap this up by saying I literally cannot say anything bad about this episode. It was masterfully done from start to finish. I'll be keeping this episode on my DVR for a while.