Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

FOX (ended 2005)

Rtkat3

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! Fan Reviews (52)

• Great anime!!

Funniest anime of the first decade of the current millenium!!
  • Who Acted Who?

Hey Who acted Meta Knight, Blade Knight, and Sword Knight?
  • Great Anime !

This brings back some memories! Those were the days :)
  • The best show based off a video game.

Kirby is my favorite Nintendo character and it's great to see him with his own show. Kirby: Right Back at Ya is a awsome show and it deserves some more respect and needs some more new episodes. This show has a lot of funny characters and a lot of nice plots. What more can you ask for. The only thing that ticks me off is they need to release season box sets of this but they're not releaseing any. And also I like the cool monsters that King DeDeDe orders and then Kirby kicking the crap out of them Go Kirby.
  • Not great,but kicks the crap out of all of those terrible video game shows.

There have been so many bad shows over the years that were based on video games. But there is actually one show that was good,and is wayy better than Sonic X. Kirby:Right Back at Ya! is about Kirby who crash lands his ship on the city of Cappy Town,and meets two other kids named Tiff and Tuff. Now,the show is actually really good,and actually relies on the video game. And it actually has a plot instead of just doing stupid things like building a water park or going into different worlds. But here's the problem:it acts too cheesy most of the time. I mean,the show sometimes doesn't feel dark,and feels like slapstick. King Dedede and Escargoon are not good antagonist. They instead,feel like Scratch and Grounder's brothers. I also find it irritating that Dedede has to buy his stuff online,from a freakin human. I mean,he can't just build it or something? The designs also look like crap. I mean,Kirby looks too CGI heavy,and the citizens from Cappy Town look creepy,and feel like the ancestors of the Pac-Man ghosts. The voice acting is also pretty bad. Tiff is always screeching and yelling,while King Dedede sounds too blackish (Not to be racist or anything). But overrall,even though it could be too cheesy,it's a good show,and seems like a major improvement over Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. Super Show.
  • What am I called "Gamekirby" and how this show rocks!

Kirby proves to the citizens of Cappytown that he can defeat any of the monsters from nightmare enterprises (NME) in the planet of dreamland, With the evil King Dedede a penguin-like creature along with his Snail sidekick Escargoon who plans to get rid of Kirby. Kirby befriends Tiff a young girl who has an affection to Kirby and her little brother Tuff who sometimes causes problem for fun, along with their sword-swinging friends Sword and Blade and the mysterious Meta Knight who sometimes helps Kirby when their in danger or to tell what form Kirby has in order to defeat the monster.
  • Kirby: RBaY proves that some video games can be turned into shows if done right.

When it comes to video games being made into TV shows, there are mixed outcomes. One one hand, Sonic has had great shows, but on the other the Mario Bros have very corny and cheesy shows that aren't that good. However a new video game character has come to prove that video games can be turned into shows, and it is Kirby. Th games are about a little pink creature who is able to suck up enemies and use their abilities. He also guards Dream World from the evil King Dededee. The show pretty much follows the same format as the games, but the added a place called Nightmare Enterprises (can's exactly remember the name, sorry). The show has wonderful characters added to the Kirby universe and each one is great and has a distinct personality to each. The artwork in this show is amazing and the monster designs look very creative, and if not inspired. The story is very good and has plenty of arcs for the characters and you come to know and love all of them. The episodes are also really creative and have really good humor to them that can appeal to everyone. The animation is very smooth and moves nice and quickly in this show. The action scenes are also fun to watch and are gripping. There are only three problems with this show. 1: Some of the voice work on this show are terrible. Some of the characters like Meta Knight and Tuff were good, but Escargoon and Tiff are terrible and annoying. 2: There was a lot of content cut in this show. Some scenes for the English version of this show were cut from the Japanese version, and it bothers me that they had to do that. 3: This show was canceled to soon, and should have lasted longer. Other than those two problems, you will find that Kirby: RBaY is a really good show based on a game and proves that video games can be made into shows, and I will credit 4Kids for actually not completely butchering a show from Japan.
  • I wonder why this show dosen't come on anymore. Really decent show.

This cute pink spud is one of my favorite shows followed by his friends trying to destory King dede's gaurds. I really miss this show sooooo much. Everyone loves this show including my sister. I got really mad when at 2006 or 2007, they had the racing episode as the last episode that I have missed and I got upset and like that wasthe last show. Please bring it back!! I really miss this show but I guess I'll watch other animation and children's shows instead until they get this show back on again soon. I wish! Even my sister wishes because we are both 10% loving this show and if their could be some DVD's on Amazon.com, I would defintly have to buy them for me and my little sister.
  • Five words:The video game is better.

Since Viva Pinata did pretty good,I don't know about this one.I mean,I pretty much think the video game is better because I don't like those two kids that are a friend to Kirby and that slug dude and one more think to say:Isn't King DeeDeeDee a good guy?I mean,seriously,I think their friends.I don't know about this show because the video games are better than this show and they have stuuf that the video games doesn't have.I can't even decide if htis one is good or bad beacuse it has some stuff that some awesome shows have.Well,it's pretty much very good.
  • Yay Kirby x3 XD The loveable lil pink gumball looking thing xD

This show rocks ^^ I used to watch it on 4kids, but I keep forgetting now (I fail when it comes to remembering stuff x.x) But still, this show is awesome ^^ Who DOESN'T love a pink round thing that pwns enemys by eating them & then copying their power, & then kicking everyone's butt with it? xD I guess my fav characters would be Kirby, King DDD, Escargoon (I think I spelled his name wrong..FAIL), Metaknight & that yellow bird (Forget his name..) cause they're pretty funny characters. I remember first playing his game..my first game of his was Amazing Mirror, and I LOVED it. I mean LOVED it. I was really depressed when I lost it T~T (I found it, don't worry XD) so I guess naturally I love his show xD

Anyways, back on subject, my score for the show is 10/10. I also recommend this show for any Kirby/Nintendo fans out there who our reading this (But I doubt anyone will read this =/)
  • Kirby! That one name should be enough for you.

Everyone's favorite pink puffball, Kirby! I am a huge Kirby fanatic, and you should be too. This show was incredible! At times it seemed a littled kiddy. Which is why I prefer the japanese version of the show. But anywho, this show kept me amused as a young child, and still does. I keep my eyes out for Kirby Right Back at Ya! DVDs which can be bought online. I also watch the show on youtube. And also, I feel that many shows based on video games weren't that great. But this one was a complete success in my book.
  • Let me explain. For this version I give it a 1. For Japanese I give it a 10 (even higher)

Don't get me wrong I love Hoshi no Kirby but I hate the dubbed version. Every single character in Hoshi no Kirby sounds 10 times better than Right Back at Ya. Also if you watched this version you pretty much missed half of what was going on in the show. 4kids took away a lot of scenes. My suggestion is to not watch this version and to go on youtube or veoh and search for the Japanese. Trust me it's a lot better and the jokes are really funny. Dee Dee Dee is not a car salesman, Meta Knight is not Zoro, and Blade Knight is not some bumbiling old man who nobody can understand. Watching the original will improve the vision of this show.
  • king dedede is the best, plus this show is the best

i remember when kirby first came on tv i always have been thinking that kirby would get his own tv show and to that day kirby is enjoyed by fans everywhere around the world and i think it was a good idea to give kirby his own tv show and every saturday morning at 11 o clock i wake up and watch every single minute of it but one day they stop airing it so i got upset and i wonder if they canceled the show. in june 2008 they brought the show back on tv and i was so happy. if you love kirby you must watch this show
  • If you're a fan of kirby or nintendo then you should definetly watch this show!

this show is great especially king Dedede, kirby and metaknight are pretty cool too, Tiff does get kindof annoying sometimes but just try not to let her ruin the show. Some of the episodes are almost laugh out loud hilarious but most are usually just somewhere in between. The show has a general storyline; Dedede orders monsters form a company called N.M.E. which are sent to destroy Dream Land and kirby destroys them and saves the day, but sometimes there are different plots mixed in. Anyway it has it's ups and downs but it is for the most part very enjoyable.
  • A great show that's back on TV.

Before today, I have not seen Kirby: Right Back At Ya! in about 5 years. I did not see this show in its entirety, but I did enjoy every episode I have seen. I liked the action in this show. It is just soooo cool seeing Kirby suck up everything, and transform! The battles were amazing. I also liked the characters in this show. My favorite to be honest was Meta Knight. Sorry, Kirby:(. Tiff, and Tuff were really cool too. I really just do not have much to say, but overall, great show, lovable characters, awesome action, mild humor. I am very relieved that 4Kids TV put this show back on, because alot of people in my mind like this show, and want it back on TV. Well, people you got your wish! So enjoy!!!
  • Loved it from the moment i seen it!

Kirby Kirby Kirby, is the name you should know, Kirby Kirby Kirby, he's the star of the show, He's more than you think hes got maximum pink, Kirby Kirby Kirby's the one! He's coming riiight back at ya. He's coming riiight back at ya. Give it all that you've got, take your very best shot. He'll send it right back at ya for sure, yeah!

That's the beginning of the theme song to Kirby Right Back at Ya! i found this show on a sunny, hot, august day. the moment i watched it, i laughed and it became a favorite with me. the first episode i seen was NME Elementary, i'll never forget that.

Kirby Right Back at Ya is about a pink ball named kirby that can transform in to different things. with his friend tiff and tuff, and the cappis of cappitown. he has a great life. but there's in enemy that wants to get rid of kirby. his name is king dedede. he buys monster from NME, but kirby always takes them down!

Overall, Kirby Right Back at Ya is a great show, but sadly has ended. i give it a 10 out of 10.
  • Kirby! Kirby! Kirby! That's the name you should know!

Kirby! Kirby! Kirby! That's the name you should know! If you don't know who Kirby is, search it on youtube and watch a few videos about him. Kirby Right Back at Ya! is a show about a little, round pink thing named Kirby. He came from a far away place and landed in Dreamland. In Dreamland he lands in Cappy Town. The ruler of Cappy Town, King Dedede also known as Triple D, wants to get rid of him at any cost.

Kirby finds many new people, from a chef to Tiff and Tuff, but King Dedede will do anything to get rid of him. First, he goes to a company called NME. It gives King Dedede evil monsters to get rid of Kirby. But Kirby has a power that he can use. It lets him change into anything he wants as long as he eats it. So he can change into Cooking Kirby, Ice or Fire Kirby, and many more different Kirby's.

Overall, this is a great show, but had to end. I watched it from the beginning and hope that one day it can come back.
  • A classic show

I think this show is pretty cool. I saw this show a few times on the POP channel in the UK and I liked the episodes. They were quite funny and the plots were good too. I love Kirby he's my favourite character in the show, but the other characters are good. Some people may not like the fact that there are characters who are not from the games, but I liked them because they bring in new ideas for the show. If you are a big Kirby fan yet haven't seen this show, I suggest you take a look at this because it is a fun show for all ages. Definitely recommended by me.
  • What happen to RBAY?

I miss this show so much, it dosn't seem that old. it's like Hamtaro but better.

I just love Tiff & Tuff, I just couldn't get enough of them anymore. Kirby was one of my fav 4kids dubs & I even like RBAY as much as Skunk Fu! & other shows I like. I glad that it ended in 2007 & the only 4kids classic that had more episodes then any dub in 2002.

why did it end? will it be redubed? what will happen to Tiff & Tuff? please sobody tell me? overrall this was 4kids golden classic in a way.
  • Coudle have been beetter if 4kids didn't dub it.

The english dub is horrible alot senes are edited and plus they changed the vilians name cloacked nightmare to eNeMeE and voice is wrong also he's supposed to have the same voice actor as the the nightmare salesman Banjou Ginga but the salesmans voice is right at least but about this I have always been a fan of kirby since IU wasv younger I love kirby its a fun game series to play and this anime is good exept I hate the english dub but it's a shame it's cancelled though so overal, I like this show it's a fun show to watch.
  • Who doesn't love a pink fluffy ball coming from space,sucking up monster,wielding swords,Has no violence,and helps a village save the day?Okay,I don't like it that much either but it's still worth watching.I seriouly think you need to consider this...

I personally think that after the first 17 episodes it started to get annoying to me but,it was those first 17 episodes that started to get me addicted.If the creators of Kirby started making episodes like that more people would watch it.Even now I Still watch it because I know that seeing a pink fluffy ball sucking up enimeis is funny to me.I seriouly think you should re-consider watching this show.
  • I love this show

I got bored on a summer weekday and there was nothing to watch, so i went throught all the channels and found the show. that is how i started watching kirby right back at ya. kirby right back at ya was my favorite show ever. it was funny and good. i wish they would bring it back. the show was about kirby coming to cappitown. kirby is from a different planet and he can eat things in one bite without chewing! it was really creative each episode and it always made me watch it the next week. Overall: this is a really great show and i wish they could bring it back!
  • I thought this could be a decent show. I really did.

I'm a huge fan of the Kirby game series. I own every game in the series so far, and I anxiously await the next. So I decided to see if the show would have what it takes to be one of my favorites.

Well, it failed dismally. The voices for Tiff, King DeDeDe, and Escargoon were admittedly done nicely, but the rest was shockingly bad. A strange mixture of computer-generated animation and hand-drawn characters wasn't too appealing as well. The ideas for the episodes were decent, but the animation just didn't give off that high-quality feel.

But what the series lacks in animation, it more than makes up for with its high-spirited music, an always-happy ending and cute characters. If Nintendo had left it to VIZ, it would of been much cleaner, but I'm still content to watch it the way it is.
  • Kirby: Right Back At Ya! is perfect for Kirby fans and it is based on the Kirby series. It has a lot of Kirby characters, places etc in it as well as characters which are not in the Kirby series. It is full of action, adventure and some humor in it.

I loved this show, I was eagerly waiting for its arrival to air in the UK. I first seen this was in Hong Kong at my grandma's house. The first episode of this anime I seen which was "Lololo and Lalala Melody of Love", when Kirby was with Fololo and Falala. Kirby was fighting against an enemy called Slice n' Splice. The episode was in Cantonese but the theme and ending song wasn't which was very awkward. O_o I enjoyed watching this, especially seeing Kirby being incredibly cute and adorable. :) Finally, it aired in the UK on POP, the channel I watch the Mario cartoons on. Phew! I'm very glad that it didn't air on Jetix. I really, REALLY hate that channel!!!! >:-( No offense to people who watches the channel. The reason I hate the channel in the first place because I hate all the shows they air and the animes seemed to ironically show on the same time my favourite shows are on. Besides in my opinion, I think they don't even know how to celebrate anything properly. I think Cartoon Network and POP should show that f****** Jetix how it's done. Anyway, since I'm a massive Kirby fan, I really loved the anime even though I normally hate animes and never watch them. The things in the anime I hate is the voice of Meta Knight and King Dedede. Meta Knight has a spanish accent and I usually never hear him say stuff in that accent. King Dedede's voice is just as worse. He speaks in a Midwestern U.S. accent. Normally, I don't hear Kirby speak in the games and it's pretty weird to hear him speak only one word in the anime because I'm used to Kirby being mute, sort of. I enjoyed listening to the theme song and the ending song but they are very cheesy. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to hear the Japanese version of those songs. I loved seeing the mix between 3-D and 2-D animation art in this, it's really unique, appealing to my eyes and interesting. :D But the plot seems to be the same every episode: Kirby and friends are having fun or doing anything, King Dedede ruins everything and sends a monster to destroy Kirby, Kirby fights it and sucks something to get an ability, Meta Knight says the name of the copy ability, Kirby uses it against the monster and triumphs, everything turns out all right for the puffball and Kirby ends the episode by saying "Poyo". Sometimes some episodes don't have the same plot but I guess episodes in some shows have the usual plots, so I'm okay with that. :) I like the humor like for example Kirby sucking in the food that Tiff brought with her when she goes out at night with Tuff and Kirby to get proof of who is behind the mess of dumping heaps of trash all over Cappy Town in the episode, "Junk Jam". Overall, I'd give this anime the highest score because it didn't copy the words or script from the games, the creators of the anime made their own characters and places like for instance, the citizens of Cappy Town and Cappy Town, using the combo of both 2-D and 2-D animation art like for example the 2-D realistic landscape of Cappy Town and the 3-D animation art of Kirby and so on. I'd say Kirby fans will be heads-over-heels for this anime! ^_^
  • I would like to bring Kirby back because I highly enjoy the show. I enjoy the show because it is my dream to watch my favorite show oncemore on Saturday mornings. I would appriete it if I could view it on 4Kids Tv.

The show helps me get up on those long Saturday morning. It is a great joy I get to see that little pink starwarrior fight furriously against the force of evil. He changes to different forms and puts a rumping to that evil King Dedede. He also shows great teamwork to use the help of his friends to overcome his challenges. I love thge way he changes into the different forms such as Fire Kirby, Bomb Kirby, Cook Kirby, Sword Kirby, Fighter Kirby, Freeze Kirby, Wheel Kirby. Some if Kirby's fierce friend are Metaknight, Tiff, and Tuff. Altogether it is a great show!
  • And I mean THE favorite.

This is the best show I have ever watched, even though I didn't get to see all of the episodes. I could only view about 20 episodes of the dub. And I would love to see it again on reruns. Other shows like Little Einsteins and Full House are pretty fine, but this is the way best.

My favorite character is Tiff because she acts like many girl characters out there in the past. She even cares for Kirby the most, and is always against Dedede and Escargoon. I kind of disliked Meta Knight, because that accent of his just sounds terrible. But overall, Kirby is still the best.
  • I like the Kirby games and I like the show, but there's only one problem ...

4kids butched it! That's right, they like to butcher every anime they see, making them have messed up voice actings, many cut-out scenes, and such to make it look like the anime's not even there anymore. They've done this to One Piece, Shaman King, and such. Since Kirby's canceled, it doesn't have to deal with the 4Kids spell of doom anymore, but that's why I like to watch the Japanese version. Funimation's a WAY better dubbing company.

Anyways, the Kirby show's awesome. Even though there's many characters that aren't from the game, including Tiff, Tuff, Escargoon (Or as I like to call him, Escargon) - but that doesn't make a show crappy. Kirby's powers are pretty powerful, and I love his Mike powers in certain episodes they appear in. Also, when I first watched this in the American version, I had to wake up REALLY early and Kids WB was also competing with FoxFox at the time, which is now 4Kids TV. They shouldn't of made Kirby look more of a baby than he is though, he's a powerful Star Warrior no matter what, and Meta Knight kicks so much butt.
  • Why don't they air this anymore?

One of my favorite Anime my favorite episode is the one where Tuff steals the Deded's Van & dove it to the volcanio & it no-longer on along with "Mew Mew Power", "Shaman King", "Viewitful Joe" & other 4kids shows I like

They should take-off "The Winx Club" or the stupid "CatDog" or "The Buzz on Maggie" I mean who want to what a show about a fly girl, lame

I use to watch show & I want to watch it again.
  • Bring it Back

Back in the good old days of Nick, this was my favorite show, alone with Rocko's Modern Life, Hamtaro, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. Why ever people hate this show is beyond me.

It seems that a lot of people hate anime because they are simply being cartoons. That's really why its great. The show is random, but not to random so it stays interesting.

The shows characters are are the strongest I have seen from any cartoon. I can't think of any weak characters. Unlike most cartoons made within the past two years, Kirby's characters are not one-dimensional and flat. The viewer gets to see many sides of Tiff or Tuff or any major character.

The show is just genius. I just wish the show could have been more popular. Unlike most animation now, this show can be enjoyed by the whole family. It makes a good kids show, yet it also has a strong appeal to a more mature audience. Truly one of 4kids's classics and one of their best cartoons.
  • A good show.It's animated,has a good follow-through,and storyline.

Really you should see the first episode.It follows through the rest of the episodes.Trouble is brewing on the planet Popstar, and it's in the form of a giant octopus that's eaten a herd of sheep! King Dedede claims to know nothing about this monster, saying the only thing fitting the description is his new pet octopus. But the people of Cappy Town don't believe him. The wise ancient Kabu says a Star Warrior named Kirby will come to solve their problem. Sure enough, he does, although he isn't what the Cappies expect. That night, the mysterious Meta Knight makes his entrance and shows off what Kirby can do! Kirby uses his inhaling-and-copying abilities to defeat the octopus monster.That's preety musch the summary of episode 1.Again It's a good show.It has a good animation,a good follow through,and storyline.So you should see the show.
< 1 2