Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

FOX (ended 2005)

Rtkat3

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! Fan Reviews (52)

• Worst. Television show. Ever.

0.5
    If you have played my "September the 14th" games over at www.myadventuregame.com, you may already know that this show is the #1 worst thing in my life. Not only did this destroy the Kirby series, but it also tortured the sake of television itself. I have never seen a show so horrible in my entire life. Never. It's even worse than the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life. Such unbelievably amazing suckage. The Kirby cartoon and I are like George W. Bush and Michael Moore. I REALLY love to complain about the Kirby cartoon. If you want to know the one thing worse than death, watch this show. This show's suckage is due to two reasons: Tiff & Tuff, the two worst characters on television. They SUCK. And when I say "SUCK", I mean "SUCK". The show sucks every disgusting thing you can think of (e.g. donkey balls, lemons, tarantula legs, etc. etc.). THIS SHOW SUCKS! PERIOD!!!
  • I like the video games, but the show is a slap in the face to all Kirby fans.

5.5
    This show was a mess. So many useless characters and so many pointless episodes.

1- Tiff and Tuff: WTH? Tuff has the IQ of a lamp and Tiff is like an angry housewife IMO.(no offense to you housewives out there)

2- Cappys: A very dumb set of people with very little use.

3- Tiff and Tuff's Mom and Dad: If King Dedede hates Kirby so much, why don't they get punished for their kids being friends with Kirby?

4- King Dedede: If he's so evil, why doesn't the guards rebel against im and overthrow him?

There are some silver linings though :

1- Kirby: The main character, and one of the only things worth watching the show for

2-Animation: Nice work. This actually might be the best thing of the show, next to Kirby

3- Meta Knight: A very cool character, who nobody knows which side he's on.

I hope, that when they bring back the show, they will make some changes

5.5/10

~Octochomp.
  • the show baced onm the popular nentendo games of a giant pink blob that sucks things and takes there power then uses the power to kill enemies it was never ment to be on tv it should have stayed a game why must the good be killed by 4Kids entertainment

0.5
    not a good show the games are good and nentendo should never have let 4kids entertainment take control over it nentendo please get your franchise back it was never ment to be a tv show it was supposed to be a popular game but when they have it be on tv they've gone too far so you know what kirby heres somothing for you to suck, go suck dick
  • I hate this show! It drives me bonkers!

1.2
    This show is a total waste of time. The plot and episodes are so dumb that I pulled the plug on this show! This is the worst show ever. Stay away from this pathetic, crazy show! At first, the video games and etc of this pick blob are great, but this show is a total rip-off.
  • Five words:The video game is better.

Since Viva Pinata did pretty good,I don't know about this one.I mean,I pretty much think the video game is better because I don't like those two kids that are a friend to Kirby and that slug dude and one more think to say:Isn't King DeeDeeDee a good guy?I mean,seriously,I think their friends.I don't know about this show because the video games are better than this show and they have stuuf that the video games doesn't have.I can't even decide if htis one is good or bad beacuse it has some stuff that some awesome shows have.Well,it's pretty much very good.
  • Let me explain. For this version I give it a 1. For Japanese I give it a 10 (even higher)

Don't get me wrong I love Hoshi no Kirby but I hate the dubbed version. Every single character in Hoshi no Kirby sounds 10 times better than Right Back at Ya. Also if you watched this version you pretty much missed half of what was going on in the show. 4kids took away a lot of scenes. My suggestion is to not watch this version and to go on youtube or veoh and search for the Japanese. Trust me it's a lot better and the jokes are really funny. Dee Dee Dee is not a car salesman, Meta Knight is not Zoro, and Blade Knight is not some bumbiling old man who nobody can understand. Watching the original will improve the vision of this show.
  • Exactly who made this show?

5.5
    When I first heard this show was being made my hopes were high, maybe that's why they came crashing down. Kirby in my opinion fails to capture that feel the game brings me...adventure. Kirby doesn't talk or travel around and what's with the villians? They're just too bland. I've seen them before and every story plot seems like a hyper pokemon rip-off. However it's not all bad after all there is much worse on TV. Kirby just doesn't reach my expectations. Oh well.
  • I thought this could be a decent show. I really did.

I'm a huge fan of the Kirby game series. I own every game in the series so far, and I anxiously await the next. So I decided to see if the show would have what it takes to be one of my favorites.

Well, it failed dismally. The voices for Tiff, King DeDeDe, and Escargoon were admittedly done nicely, but the rest was shockingly bad. A strange mixture of computer-generated animation and hand-drawn characters wasn't too appealing as well. The ideas for the episodes were decent, but the animation just didn't give off that high-quality feel.

But what the series lacks in animation, it more than makes up for with its high-spirited music, an always-happy ending and cute characters. If Nintendo had left it to VIZ, it would of been much cleaner, but I'm still content to watch it the way it is.
  • Coudle have been beetter if 4kids didn't dub it.

The english dub is horrible alot senes are edited and plus they changed the vilians name cloacked nightmare to eNeMeE and voice is wrong also he's supposed to have the same voice actor as the the nightmare salesman Banjou Ginga but the salesmans voice is right at least but about this I have always been a fan of kirby since IU wasv younger I love kirby its a fun game series to play and this anime is good exept I hate the english dub but it's a shame it's cancelled though so overal, I like this show it's a fun show to watch.
  • Kirby is going to eat up this review!

7.9
    kirby is a star warrior that has an appetite for adventure in this series where he lives with a rich family that takes care of him while King DDD tries to destroy him with a company that produces monster that is so cool! Kirby is on of the best shows on 4kids tv which ain't that hard if you watch the new season. Kirby deserves to viewed and reviewed.
  • Kirby is cool!

6.4
    Kirby is cool!, he is funny like the video games and all the characters and more from the video games are on this show!

I've always liked Kirbys sucking power but on the show it takes complete action! The fightning is good and the action and animation is even better!

I like this show and the video games and I really like people to watch this!
  • I'm a mega Kirby fan....It's just...the show...not so good.

Kirby makes the world go round. Where would we be today if Kirby never jumped on that coolerific star and set sail? I don't even want to think about something like that. The show just has no plot or a very limited plot. It just doesn't come out, smack you in the face and, "Hey kid! This show is really good: Watch it!" It says "....Kirby's in it...." It bores me, but I do love my man, (or pink thingy) Kirb! Woot!
  • A classic show

I think this show is pretty cool. I saw this show a few times on the POP channel in the UK and I liked the episodes. They were quite funny and the plots were good too. I love Kirby he's my favourite character in the show, but the other characters are good. Some people may not like the fact that there are characters who are not from the games, but I liked them because they bring in new ideas for the show. If you are a big Kirby fan yet haven't seen this show, I suggest you take a look at this because it is a fun show for all ages. Definitely recommended by me.
  • Who doesn't love a pink fluffy ball coming from space,sucking up monster,wielding swords,Has no violence,and helps a village save the day?Okay,I don't like it that much either but it's still worth watching.I seriouly think you need to consider this...

I personally think that after the first 17 episodes it started to get annoying to me but,it was those first 17 episodes that started to get me addicted.If the creators of Kirby started making episodes like that more people would watch it.Even now I Still watch it because I know that seeing a pink fluffy ball sucking up enimeis is funny to me.I seriouly think you should re-consider watching this show.
  • A good show.It's animated,has a good follow-through,and storyline.

Really you should see the first episode.It follows through the rest of the episodes.Trouble is brewing on the planet Popstar, and it's in the form of a giant octopus that's eaten a herd of sheep! King Dedede claims to know nothing about this monster, saying the only thing fitting the description is his new pet octopus. But the people of Cappy Town don't believe him. The wise ancient Kabu says a Star Warrior named Kirby will come to solve their problem. Sure enough, he does, although he isn't what the Cappies expect. That night, the mysterious Meta Knight makes his entrance and shows off what Kirby can do! Kirby uses his inhaling-and-copying abilities to defeat the octopus monster.That's preety musch the summary of episode 1.Again It's a good show.It has a good animation,a good follow through,and storyline.So you should see the show.
  • Loved it from the moment i seen it!

Kirby Kirby Kirby, is the name you should know, Kirby Kirby Kirby, he's the star of the show, He's more than you think hes got maximum pink, Kirby Kirby Kirby's the one! He's coming riiight back at ya. He's coming riiight back at ya. Give it all that you've got, take your very best shot. He'll send it right back at ya for sure, yeah!

That's the beginning of the theme song to Kirby Right Back at Ya! i found this show on a sunny, hot, august day. the moment i watched it, i laughed and it became a favorite with me. the first episode i seen was NME Elementary, i'll never forget that.

Kirby Right Back at Ya is about a pink ball named kirby that can transform in to different things. with his friend tiff and tuff, and the cappis of cappitown. he has a great life. but there's in enemy that wants to get rid of kirby. his name is king dedede. he buys monster from NME, but kirby always takes them down!

Overall, Kirby Right Back at Ya is a great show, but sadly has ended. i give it a 10 out of 10.
  • Kirby: Right Back At Ya! is perfect for Kirby fans and it is based on the Kirby series. It has a lot of Kirby characters, places etc in it as well as characters which are not in the Kirby series. It is full of action, adventure and some humor in it.

I loved this show, I was eagerly waiting for its arrival to air in the UK. I first seen this was in Hong Kong at my grandma's house. The first episode of this anime I seen which was "Lololo and Lalala Melody of Love", when Kirby was with Fololo and Falala. Kirby was fighting against an enemy called Slice n' Splice. The episode was in Cantonese but the theme and ending song wasn't which was very awkward. O_o I enjoyed watching this, especially seeing Kirby being incredibly cute and adorable. :) Finally, it aired in the UK on POP, the channel I watch the Mario cartoons on. Phew! I'm very glad that it didn't air on Jetix. I really, REALLY hate that channel!!!! >:-( No offense to people who watches the channel. The reason I hate the channel in the first place because I hate all the shows they air and the animes seemed to ironically show on the same time my favourite shows are on. Besides in my opinion, I think they don't even know how to celebrate anything properly. I think Cartoon Network and POP should show that f****** Jetix how it's done. Anyway, since I'm a massive Kirby fan, I really loved the anime even though I normally hate animes and never watch them. The things in the anime I hate is the voice of Meta Knight and King Dedede. Meta Knight has a spanish accent and I usually never hear him say stuff in that accent. King Dedede's voice is just as worse. He speaks in a Midwestern U.S. accent. Normally, I don't hear Kirby speak in the games and it's pretty weird to hear him speak only one word in the anime because I'm used to Kirby being mute, sort of. I enjoyed listening to the theme song and the ending song but they are very cheesy. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to hear the Japanese version of those songs. I loved seeing the mix between 3-D and 2-D animation art in this, it's really unique, appealing to my eyes and interesting. :D But the plot seems to be the same every episode: Kirby and friends are having fun or doing anything, King Dedede ruins everything and sends a monster to destroy Kirby, Kirby fights it and sucks something to get an ability, Meta Knight says the name of the copy ability, Kirby uses it against the monster and triumphs, everything turns out all right for the puffball and Kirby ends the episode by saying "Poyo". Sometimes some episodes don't have the same plot but I guess episodes in some shows have the usual plots, so I'm okay with that. :) I like the humor like for example Kirby sucking in the food that Tiff brought with her when she goes out at night with Tuff and Kirby to get proof of who is behind the mess of dumping heaps of trash all over Cappy Town in the episode, "Junk Jam". Overall, I'd give this anime the highest score because it didn't copy the words or script from the games, the creators of the anime made their own characters and places like for instance, the citizens of Cappy Town and Cappy Town, using the combo of both 2-D and 2-D animation art like for example the 2-D realistic landscape of Cappy Town and the 3-D animation art of Kirby and so on. I'd say Kirby fans will be heads-over-heels for this anime! ^_^
  • I would like to bring Kirby back because I highly enjoy the show. I enjoy the show because it is my dream to watch my favorite show oncemore on Saturday mornings. I would appriete it if I could view it on 4Kids Tv.

The show helps me get up on those long Saturday morning. It is a great joy I get to see that little pink starwarrior fight furriously against the force of evil. He changes to different forms and puts a rumping to that evil King Dedede. He also shows great teamwork to use the help of his friends to overcome his challenges. I love thge way he changes into the different forms such as Fire Kirby, Bomb Kirby, Cook Kirby, Sword Kirby, Fighter Kirby, Freeze Kirby, Wheel Kirby. Some if Kirby's fierce friend are Metaknight, Tiff, and Tuff. Altogether it is a great show!
  • Just because it's a classic dosen't mean you basterd have to cancell it.

Kirby is the best thing I have seen to Bad this, Hamtaro, & Super Milk-Chan got cancelled but hay It's A head of it's time Favort Charater Kirby, Tiff & Tuff, Dedede (Riped offed in House of Mouse) But I want this show to stay on the air because it's golden classic. to mush please put it back 4kids T.V. it's the only good thing on your staiton
  • Yay! Muchos love to Kirby.

Sure, yell at me all you like, but I've loved Kirby! I've got all the games from the NES era (Power Paintbrush DS to be added soon from Lik-Sang) and it's comedic, funny... King Dedede is hilariously stupid and obnoxious!

And Kirby is so cute!!! Luff him. NOW! Otherwise I'll bonk you with a hammer.
  • This cartoon series is obviously based on nintendo's beloved pink puffster Kirby who has won over his fair share of fans with his fantastic abilities and complete cuteness. Now, to the review!

Ok, where to begin.....I have to say the animation is pretty cool! The battles and Kirby transformations are fun to watch....although many are rather short they are still sweet to watch. The series utilizes computer animation for particular characters such as King Dedede and Escargoon which I think is interesting....perhaps to make them stand out differently then the completely drawn characters. Kirby is sometimes digitalized as well and so is Metaknight.

The characters stay true to the game like having Kracko, Whispy Woods, and Bugsy involved and the Waddle Dees. Also, mixing in new characters such as Tokkori, Tiff, Tuff, Chef Kawasaki, and various other Cappies throws in some fresh originality. In addition to Fololo and Falala who were actually from a Nintendo game called "Adventures Of Lolo" which was somewhat popular. It's definetely great getting to see them on the big screen as well.

Overall, I would definetely recommend seeing this if you are a massive Kirby fan like I'am. Problem is you may have to get it on DVD seeing as it's been ousted by "The Menu" on FOX BOX. (Which is really STUPID...and hopefully some other channel out there will be smart enough and pick up Kirby.)
  • This show is enchanting and nice to watch.

The show doesn't resemble the Kirby games at all. A lot of characters were added, and it's not a bad thing since there wouldn't be enough characters to make a good cartoon.

At first, Kirby: Right Back at Ya! seems really childish, but there's a little something that keeps you watching and wanting to watch the next episode.

The show is really colourful and nice to watch. Some of the new characters add a little something, too. Some of them are really annoying, especially the ones with irritating voices, but it doesn't ruin everything. Some voices are not irritating but weird; Meta-Knight has a Spanish accent and Dedede speaks with a funny accent too, even if in the original cartoon they speak normally. That doesn't matter too much, though.

There are some things that are really annoying, like the little mexican-like song playing EVERY time Meta-Knight shows up, or this irritating violin sound when we see Tokori. These things only happen in the dub version; they shouldn't have done that.

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! is enchanting and nice to watch, but don't expect to find too much similarities with the games. If you don't mind about this minor detail, you could actually like this cartoon, so give it a try.
  • I like the Kirby games and I like the show, but there's only one problem ...

4kids butched it! That's right, they like to butcher every anime they see, making them have messed up voice actings, many cut-out scenes, and such to make it look like the anime's not even there anymore. They've done this to One Piece, Shaman King, and such. Since Kirby's canceled, it doesn't have to deal with the 4Kids spell of doom anymore, but that's why I like to watch the Japanese version. Funimation's a WAY better dubbing company.

Anyways, the Kirby show's awesome. Even though there's many characters that aren't from the game, including Tiff, Tuff, Escargoon (Or as I like to call him, Escargon) - but that doesn't make a show crappy. Kirby's powers are pretty powerful, and I love his Mike powers in certain episodes they appear in. Also, when I first watched this in the American version, I had to wake up REALLY early and Kids WB was also competing with FoxFox at the time, which is now 4Kids TV. They shouldn't of made Kirby look more of a baby than he is though, he's a powerful Star Warrior no matter what, and Meta Knight kicks so much butt.
  • Great anime!!

Funniest anime of the first decade of the current millenium!!
  • What happen to RBAY?

I miss this show so much, it dosn't seem that old. it's like Hamtaro but better.

I just love Tiff & Tuff, I just couldn't get enough of them anymore. Kirby was one of my fav 4kids dubs & I even like RBAY as much as Skunk Fu! & other shows I like. I glad that it ended in 2007 & the only 4kids classic that had more episodes then any dub in 2002.

why did it end? will it be redubed? what will happen to Tiff & Tuff? please sobody tell me? overrall this was 4kids golden classic in a way.
  • Why don't they air this anymore?

One of my favorite Anime my favorite episode is the one where Tuff steals the Deded's Van & dove it to the volcanio & it no-longer on along with "Mew Mew Power", "Shaman King", "Viewitful Joe" & other 4kids shows I like

They should take-off "The Winx Club" or the stupid "CatDog" or "The Buzz on Maggie" I mean who want to what a show about a fly girl, lame

I use to watch show & I want to watch it again.
  • Bring it Back

Back in the good old days of Nick, this was my favorite show, alone with Rocko's Modern Life, Hamtaro, and Courage the Cowardly Dog. Why ever people hate this show is beyond me.

It seems that a lot of people hate anime because they are simply being cartoons. That's really why its great. The show is random, but not to random so it stays interesting.

The shows characters are are the strongest I have seen from any cartoon. I can't think of any weak characters. Unlike most cartoons made within the past two years, Kirby's characters are not one-dimensional and flat. The viewer gets to see many sides of Tiff or Tuff or any major character.

The show is just genius. I just wish the show could have been more popular. Unlike most animation now, this show can be enjoyed by the whole family. It makes a good kids show, yet it also has a strong appeal to a more mature audience. Truly one of 4kids's classics and one of their best cartoons.
  • And when the HELL!!! is it coming to Europe

I Watched the First episode on Youtube and my god this program was decent, ive always loved that little pink blob
    All his games Got em.
    But Dang Man if Only it would be realesed in Europe come on we have the rights to see it im dieing to watch this program.
  • Greatest show ever!

You can't do better than Kirby. Not only is he cute, but also powerful. And he has the best catch phrase ever: Poyo.

With a never ending supply of abilities Kirby never gets old. He can be Fire, Sword, Stone, Spark, Wheel, Needle, Ice, Mirror, Bomb, or even Galaxia. The possibilites are endless.

And King Dedede is so funny. Its good to see that the main enemy isn't some big powerful dude bent on world domination. Instead an over weight knig who just wants Kirby gone and uses monsters to do it.

With a huge cast of meorable characters, never ending forms, and all kinds of monsters Kirby has been and always will be the greatest show ever.

Go Kirby.
  • That little, pink, ball-shaped, um... thing.. has his own show! Yes Kirby from the popular Nintendo games has his own show.

Each episode Kirby inhales his opponents moves and gets powered up with them and uses his does own powers against him. and each day kirby would win.. Kirby is not alone he has a bunch of friends to help him and all the Cappytown residents! go Kirby! he'll send it right back at ya!
< 1 2