Kitchen Confidential

Aftermath

Aired Monday 8:30 PM Sep 26, 2005 on FOX

• A bit funnier than the pilot, but nothing really special.

Like the pilot, there were several scenes in this episode that bored me, and several jokes fell flat. I really want to like this show but it's too average, not as funny as things like "The Office", "My Name is Earl", etc. However, it IS funnier than "Arrested Development".

Some of the highlights in this episode were the scenes between Jack and Steven. Steven is an interesting character, and, even though he's a liar and thief, is one of the more interesting characters on the show. Nicholas Brenden's character is alright, but isn't as great as Xander on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". But back to Steven, I thought the part at the end where he beats up the brokers are is a great scene.

One thing I have noticed is that Jack's character is very hard to like. I don't know why. He's just not a good guy. Steven isn't, either, but for some reason his character is still enjoyable. Jack, however, while funny and a bit "charming", I guess, seems like the character you'd expect to be a supporting character. He's a bit low in the morals department, although he's supposedly trying to change. But I think that until we get a lot more backstory on his to find out why he is the way he is, I won't be considering him a favorite character.
  • still not up to par

I must say that I am starting to warm up to this show. The cast has some great chemistry and there were some truly funny lines in this episode. I still think the show needs some fine-tunning though. The humor is not up to par with the show that precedes it. There are some pretty bad jokes interspersed with the good ones. Overall the chemistry works with the cast so well that it doesnt always matter if the humor is working. I think with a bit of fine tuning, this show could be something great. If not, however, I may be switching to How I met your mother on CBS.
  • Ehhh...

The this episode has Bonnie Somerville from Cashmere Mafia and Lindsay Price from Lipstick Jungle though from what I can see they don't spend any time together in the episode.

This one just didn't soar. The cast is gellin' more but the story was dull. It was bad, I've just seen better. I hope it gets better. But I did enjoy the opening sequence! And it is one of those series were the voiceover isn't annoying. So that's something. I hope the episodes that never aired on FOX are actually worth seeing. With FOX's track record they probably are. We'll see.
  • Love the pacing!!

I think the episode is even better than the pilot

as the charcter development evolves.

I am looking forward to the next ones to see how

the interaction continues. The pacing of the

show is . It seems like the half hour goes by

almost too quickly.

Too bad the ratings aren't that great yet.

Let's talk it up folks.

• Good, but not great!

I like the show, I just wish it was a little bit funnier. Especially with Nicholas Brendon in it. He needs more time on camera. More lines! But all in all a good show. I'm not sure how it's going to do though. Let's keep our fingers crossed.