Kitchen Confidential Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

Latest news: Fox cancelled this show

collaroy-beach

[1]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 5
    Check out this link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051111/tv_nm/shows_dc

Also getting the ax at Fox is "Arrested's" companion on Monday, the freshman comedy "Kitchen Confidential," whose order will not be extended beyond the initial 13 episodes.

I knew it. I really shouldn't start watching new shows on FOX- I start liking them and then FOX throws them out without giving them a chance! Bastards, damn them all!!

R.I.P., KC- you were damn funny, I'm sorry to see you go.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kevinlew

[2]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 11
    We knew this was coming, but we were hoping to get more episodes out of Fox before it happened. With Fox, you certainly have an idea which shows will get cancelled before they air the first episode: Firefly, Wonderfalls, The Tick, Point Pleasant. Sometimes they show some smarts and give it another chance, like with Tru Calling (kind of) and Arrested Development. I just hope they bring this to DVD quickly.

Chuukou

[3]Nov 11, 2005
    • level: 14
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

speedigy

[4]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 14
    Well FOX sure ain't ordering more than the 13 episodes. Now the new question is will they air all the episodes? I sure hope so. There is nothing yet on when FOX will cut off the airings of Kitchen Confidential, but it's not likely that KC will finish its 13 episode run before 24 premieres and House moves into the time slot.

zooby9

[5]Nov 13, 2005
    • level: 10
    I heard that they would start airing all the episodes. I think it will start in early December. I really want to see the one with Micheal Vartan.

collaroy-beach

[6]Nov 13, 2005
    Since they confirmed they ordered 13 episodes it only makes sense if they air them as well. Still, this show had great potential- the cast and the writing were really good- but some people at FOX wouldn't know quality if it poked them in the eye...

I_Smell_Fishy

[7]Nov 14, 2005
    • level: 6
    This was a terrific show! My wife is a former chef, and she was concerned that people outside of the profession wouldn't necessarily be turned on by it.

I had to break the bad news to her tonight when she asked me to record Arrested Development and Kitchen Confidential.

In the past, it seems like networks would try a show in a hot spot to see how it did, then move it to let it stand on it's own. FOX doesn't do that. You stand on your own from day one. If you don't make it, tough.

Fortunately, Family Guy is the only reason I have to watch that crap network now..

alsaker85

[8]Nov 14, 2005
    This is sad news. Even sadder is the news that Arrested Development is getting the axe too, although it at least got into season 3.
    So, as far as I can tell Fox didn't really WANT any of its news shows to make it this fall, since there isn't any room next spring in their schedule. Even with Head Cases, AD, and KC all getting cut, there still isn't room next spring for their one new hit, Prison Break.

DAMMIT FOX, GIVE YOUR SHOWS A CHANCE!!!

Kitchen Confidential now joins the ranks of other Fox shows that never got a good chance:
    Greg the Bunny, Andy Richter, the Tick, Firefly, Undeclared, and I could add a lot more to the list, but you get the point.

jubidoo

[9]Nov 18, 2005
    you forgot point pleasant!!!!!!!! the best show ever

rtraub

[10]Nov 23, 2005
    Isn't that SPECIAL???

illmadeknight

[11]Nov 27, 2005
    • level: 7
    I am upset that Fox cancelled Kitchen Confidential as well. I have been working in kitchens and restaurants for about ten years now, and I was really looking forward to this show after I heard that it was coming out. I had read the book before, and knew it to be funny and truthful to the industry.

All that being said, the show felt like it was missing something when I watched it. It did not have the mad, frantic pace that a kitchen has during a heavy meal period. I think incorporating this into the show would have helped. I am upset that Fox never really gave the show a chance to find its feet though. A total of three episodes and one webcast has been shown? I really wish this show had been developed by HBO like the creators tried to do in the first place. It probably would have made the show better and gotten more of a shake.

avespucci

[12]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 2
    All of my friends from work and I have been dying for this show to come back. It was one of the funniest shows I've seen in quite some time. FOX couldn't be any less intelligent by pulling this. It's a show that all demographics can enjoy but of course it gets pulled cause FOX wouldn't know a good show if it kicked them swear in the a$$.

They ruin every show they have and continue to lose audiences. Then great, fresh shows come along and FOX axes them after 2 episodes...just when the word of mouth about the show was starting to spread.

UNBELIEVEABLE

avespucci

[13]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 2
    All of my friends from work and I have been dying for this show to come back. It was one of the funniest shows I've seen in quite some time. FOX couldn't be any less intelligent by pulling this. It's a show that all demographics can enjoy but of course it gets pulled cause FOX wouldn't know a good show if it kicked them swear in the a$$.

They ruin every show they have and continue to lose audiences. Then great, fresh shows come along and FOX axes them after 2 episodes...just when the word of mouth about the show was starting to spread.

UNBELIEVEABLE

waamonkey

[14]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 1
    Seriously, come on now, this show is the greatest. It can't be expensive to produce at all considering set size and it only takes a 30 minute time slot, at least put it on after midnight, i'd still watch it. whats with the late night airing crap anyway? they can at least put good stuff on tv late night. And this show would be perfect considering it's slightly mature compared to the other shows fox airs. I hope another station picks up KC because I hate to see it die.

NeedforSpeed20

[15]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 12
    waamonkey wrote:
    Seriously, come on now, this show is the greatest. It can't be expensive to produce at all considering set size and it only takes a 30 minute time slot, at least put it on after midnight, i'd still watch it. whats with the late night airing crap anyway? they can at least put good stuff on tv late night. And this show would be perfect considering it's slightly mature compared to the other shows fox airs. I hope another station picks up KC because I hate to see it die.

agreed...

waltmor

[16]Dec 2, 2005
    • level: 42
    Yeah I wish this show had caught on. I enjoyed it a lot, it was probably my favorite of all the new shows from this past fall.

Krangelus

[17]Dec 6, 2005
    i disagree with everyone and say that this show wasnt that great & fox probably made the right call. The writing wasnt that great, but the acting was pretty good. I dunno it just didn't work, and i cant see it being a show that could be sustained over several years. But hey thats just me

rtraub

[18]Dec 6, 2005
    How can a show catch on when they air three episodes then take it off for weeks and don't promote it??

Give it another chance!!!

WhoWantsA3Sum

[19]Dec 7, 2005
    • level: 7
    well im fine as long as they dont cancel HOUSE which they wont cuz it has really really really good ratings

alsaker85

[20]Dec 7, 2005
    I hope they:
    1. Air all 13 episodes
    2. Release a DVD