Kitchen Confidential Forums

FOX (ended 2005)

R.I.P - Show Now Off Schedule and Off Fox's Site

IAChad79

[1]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 7
    This show is gone. No more episodes will be aired. No press release. No sites even have mentioned that it will not air on monday the 12th like originally planned. Don't Believe me. Go to Fox.com and look at their schedule for monday. They are now airing 2 episodes of Arrested Delevopment and Kitchen is not listed in the show list and if you go to show website fox.com/kitchen it redirects you to the home page. They did the same thing last year the day after they pulled Point Pleasant.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alsaker85

[2]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 11
    There's no worse insult to a show then to not even air all the episodes. And all they're going to do is put reruns of AD in its place: I really doubt that the ratings will be much better.
    Hopefully we get a DVD release, so we can see the rest of the episodes. Does anyone know how many were filmed before it was officially canned?

IAChad79

[3]Dec 9, 2005
    I thought they filmed all 13 already

litaflux

[4]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 6
    BUT THIS WAS A GOOD SHOW!!!

I'm SO pissed off right now. I was so looking forward to it on Monday. God damnit.

illmadeknight

[5]Dec 9, 2005
    It does bother me that they show four episodes and then kill it. FOX has little paitence to let a show find its feet. While I don't think the show had really found its groove yet, I think it deserved more of a chance. Maybe we can do the petition thing or some thing along those lines and try to get HBO to pick it up and develop it. It was orginally pitched to HBO who passed on it. Maybe they can show the potential and the cast and get it redone and restarted.

IAChad79

[6]Dec 9, 2005
    illmadeknight wrote:
    It does bother me that they show four episodes and then kill it. FOX has little paitence to let a show find its feet. While I don't think the show had really found its groove yet, I think it deserved more of a chance. Maybe we can do the petition thing or some thing along those lines and try to get HBO to pick it up and develop it. It was orginally pitched to HBO who passed on it. Maybe they can show the potential and the cast and get it redone and restarted.

If HBO had issue with it in the first place, why the heck would they want a FOX reject? All the bad press would not be good for HBO and they like original stuff, not someone elses stuff. Sorry to say. The show was ok enough, but I'm not gonna even think about come next month.

rtraub

[7]Dec 13, 2005
    • level: 5
    the show was great.

HBO just saw the pilot.

Maybe now that the rest of the episodes are viewable they might change their minds.

kevinlew

[8]Dec 13, 2005
    • level: 11
    They already filmed and paid for the episodes, why not show them? The ratings for AD aren't any better.

I remember when Fox cancelled The American Embassy before showing the 2 hour season finale, which could have been the series finale, as it would have completed a story arc. Instead, they broadcast The Wedding Singer. Not only a beloew average film, but the ratings change was insignificant compared to completing the series.

waamonkey

[9]Dec 25, 2005
    • level: 1
    soooo annoying, why start a show if your not gonna finish it. of course noones gonna watch it if there's next to no promo, and it's taken off the air every other week.