Kitchen Confidential

FOX (ended 2005)

Kitchen Confidential Fan Reviews (56)

• One if the best comedy series I've seen!

One if the best comedy series I've seen! Big fan here and I love this show! The writer is brilliant! Please, Bring it back! Air it as well here in the Philippines! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back!
  • What is wrong with Fox? I mean 4 of 13 aired? Do they have a disease that makes them kill the best shows?

What the hell is wrong with Fox? I mean 4 episodes out of 13 aired? You can hardly get a fanbase in just 4 episodes, and this is was a great show. every character perfect and different, great writing and directing, great actors. They cancel great shows like this and air crap sitcoms that everyone has seen a thousand times, every bad joke mad, every sappy lesson learned. C'mon Fox, give us something new and different and stay with it for ones. Atleast Arrested Development got 3 seasons before they shot it to death. Prison Break was good the first two seasons but now, c'mon. And Prison Preak: Cherry Hill, BARF. BARF hard and in extreme volumes. Goddamn it Fox, get a f-ing clue.

Bring these shows back;
    Firefly
    Dark Angel
    Kitchen Confidential
    Arrested Development
    Futurama (coming back, finally)
    and I bet there are buttloads more.
  • One of the best Comedy shows ever, SO PLZZZ BRING IT BACK!!!!

Hilarious, Crazy, Fun, and HOT. one of the best comedy shows i ever saw.
    its very hilarious, you can't stop laughing, they all crazy. and it include comedy, chicks, sex, and food, i can't believe they can cancel such a show lol :D
    and that jack haha i cant believe they can cancel that character.
    and on top of all that, they only made 13 episodes !!! only 13 episodes .. Damn i wish i have more :(
    but as i said and a lot agree with me I'm sure. its one of the best comedy shows, and there is no reason to cancel it!! so i just wish that if its possible to continue this shows, but its canceled, so ... it!!
  • Bring it back with a better script...GIVE THEM A CHANCE!!

Even though I didn't give a great score on this one but personally, I like it... I love every story about food, kitchen, and chef... I don't know is there any other show about kitchen but this show pretty good... The stress in the kitchen is the opposite of what i saw on Hell's Kitchen. They all crazy chefs, love pranks, and women. It's hard to imagine that our chef is making all that mess in the kitchen... very disturbing, have sex in the stock room, but after all, this is a show... grey's anatomy and scrubs sure did it... doctors have sex in almost every cosed room... NO great laugh come from this show but i like the idea... so bring it back... and give a good script!
  • Could have been better but was decent for what it was.

Started somewhere and hits some high points but not every episode was a home run. "French Fight" remains my favorite episode and Becky was my favorite reoccurring character. The idea of Jack getting laid a lot was nice for a while but it being his only storyline for the entire series (other than cooking which almost everyone on the show does, so it doesn't count) got old, very quick. Great guest stars were a big help but it doesn't matter how famous or popular they were, they only stayed around for an episode. On occasion the moments during the closing credits were the funniest thing to happen in that episode. In conclusion, although I don't think FOX should have cancelled it, I do think that the filler episodes should have definitely gone unaired.
  • Really great show that needs to have more time for word of mouth to go around!!!

Ok this I have no understanding what so ever! Why did Fox cancel this show is beyond my comprehension. This was really funny being an actual chef in an actual kitchen. The sad part about this whole thing is that I had no idea about this show until a friend lent me the DVD collection. Maybe if you put it on during a time frame thats good for everyone or actually give it a chance rather than letting it go for 4 episodes and then saying bye bye your not doing good enough for us. I mean C'mon Fox pull your heads out of your you know whats. Alot of people have been wanting this show to come back on so would it be that bad to put it back on as a trial. You did it with Family Guy so do it with K.C.
  • St. Lawrence the Deacon is the patron saint of cooks and comedians...so why can't a kitchen-based sitcom catch a break?

This series, based on Chef Anthony Bourdain's first book of memoirs (of the same name), this is probably the most accurate fictional representation of a professional kitchen that I've ever seen. In my 10 years thusfar cooking professionally, I've seen similar instances of hazing, chefs trying to sleep with waitresses, chefs trying to sleep with each other (heheh...been there...unsuccessfully), absentee owners (although Pino was one of the more informed ones), grueling injuries (again, been there), and pain-in-the-ass customers.

I suppose that's why I thought this series was so great...on the other hand, I can also understand why it was cancelled. The show is just a bit too esoteric for the general public. Also, as a chef, I think there are really certain inside aspects of the business that I'd rather the customer not know about.

However, a great show nonetheless. The characters in the show, while not necessarily based on specific real people, are definitely archetypes that usually pop up in professional kitchens.
  • I didn't say bring it back because i know nobody is listening at least i can say watch 13 episode cuz thats all we got and you will enjoy every one of them..

7.1
    This is was good show absolutely canceled very early. He was got good characters and also charismatic lead actor. But like all tv tragedy this show is sacrifice first ratings and cancelled so much early. If they give some chance to this show it would be a classic when the all things settled. I didn't say bring it back because i know nobody is listening at least i can say to you watch all of 13 episode cuz thats all we got and you will enjoy every one of them. This a good show about flavour, sex and new beginnings.
  • This show is amazing!

It needs a second chance, if it was given another season on a reasonable day and time and it'll be a smash hit... It's hilarious! It was very ahead of it's time and FOX dropped it before it really took off. If they gave it another chance it would take off. If you haven't seen it, find a way too, I don't know if it's on DVD but it's worth a buy, not a rent, a buy, it's that good. This show is very original and unlike any other show on television and it's just as intelligent as it is dim-witted comedy. It can appeal to ALL!
  • A comedy

I didn\'t realize how awesome this show was until it was too late. Fox cancelled it after airing only 4 episodes when there were already 13 episodes made and ready to go!!! I don\'t understand why they couldn\'t just air the remaining 9 episodes... it\'s not like they had something else better lined up to take it\'s place!!! First Firefly, now this. They\'re really good at cancelling really good shows that shouldn\'t be cancelled! Brad is awesome and so is the rest of the cast (especially Nicholas, John Cho, Owain & John Daly) Please please please bring it back!!!
  • Jack Bourdain has had his share of bad luck but all that is about to change when the boss of Nolita restaurant requires his services. He gathers back his old crew from past restaurants and begins to start his kitchen again.

Bloody hell, that show was something special if you ask me. I mean, not that kind of show with a laugh track which magically has to go off at the slightest, lamest joke. No, Kitchen Confidential didn't need a laugh track, the dialogue itself was that extra something that people needed, the actors were hilarious in their respective roles and the quirky situations that they got involved in was throughly entertaining. Luckily, Network Seven in Australia aired all the episodes and now the lost episodes are floating somewhere in the Internet. I guess people these days don't want an intelligent comedy. People who were priveliged to watch this should cherish this moment, as there won't be something this good for a very long time.
  • Please, please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!

Please, please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!
  • Briliant cast and great script. I'm a big fan of this series.

It was exactly what one of the character said in the pilot episode: "where money and food come to have sex". It's just too bad that it was aired on a wrong network. Darren Star produce this, combine with a great ensamble. If they choose HBO or Cinemax, this show will florish. It's so far my favorite tv series of all time.
  • Kitchen Confidential, cancelled after 13 episodes. Now thats TV Tragedy! This great show needs to find an audience and make a come back.

I understand why people may have been reluctant to try this show out. Restaurant kitchens are not fun places at all, i\\\'ve worked in some in my time. Hence I wasn\\\'t too bothered when I heard about this Kitchen comedy but I was surprised by this show. Pleasently.

The characters were great, especially Nicholas Brendan (aka Xander Harris from Buffy) and John Cho (aka MILF dude from American Pie or Harold from Harold and Kumar) who have an amazing on screen chemistry and really made me and my friends laugh a lot. These two NEED to wrok together more because they are gold. I admit, in my eyes this show is not as funny as Scrubs, but it is damn close and that means its a winner (In my eyes).

This is a funny funny show thats now been canned after only a few episodes. What is the world coming to? Can nothing be a slow burner? Can word of mouth not spread before money grabbing executives replace it with, get this, Skating with Celebrities.. Skating With Celebrities??? Reality TV adds another casualty to its slaughter of modern culture and human dignity. To think a promising comedy show with unbelievably talented actors got dropped for \\\"skating with celebrities\\\" insults me to my core and makes me think how sad it is that the masses would rather watch second rate celebs in a formulaic reality tv show than a work of comedy art. Come on world, we have a better culture to us than that. Bring Kitchen Confidential back.
  • It's Sex and The City for chefs.

I love this show! Kitchen Confidential is funny, sexy and a absolute delight to watch. I liked Bradley Cooper well enough in Alias but I absolutely loved him in this show. He\'s supported by a great cast as well including, British Bonnie Sommerville and Owain Yeoman. It's such a shame it got cancelled without even a proper first season. The cast and crew of this show deserve so much better. But I guess this just goes to show how much of a rarity good taste is these days. I just really hope they come out with a DVD of all 13 episodes plus a few featurettes. I would absolutely buy the DVD.
  • Why oh why oh why was this brilliant show cancelled?? I have been rewatching the few episodes that actually aired, and they have me in stitches.

Kitchen confidential is based loosely based on the life of chef Anthony Bourdain. Bradley Cooper (Will from Alias) play Jack Bourdain who has been given a second chance to run his own restaurant after a life of sex, drugs and rock n' roll.

Jack manages a colorful gang of restauranteurs. Steve is the tough british kitchen handyman, Jimmy (Sam from Freaks and Geeks) is the chef in training who gets teased and tormented by his peers, and Seth (Xander from Buffy) is the goofy pastry chef, and various others. Each character is unique and completely loveable.

And the writing... its hilarious and unexpected. I can't remember the last time a tv show made me laugh this much. We need more shows like this on tv! If only Fox had given this gem a chance, I'm sure it would have found the audience it deserved. Bring it back!!
  • Welcome to the world of your professional kitchens. Anthony Bourdain is a chef and writer who tells of his experiences in the culinary world. If you haven’t read Kitchen Confidential, I hope this series will peak your interest.

Welcome to one side of the culinary world, told from the world of a chef and cook. Welcome to Fox Networks, where no series is sacred and just because you recorded a show doesn’t mean it has a chance at airing. Bitterness aside from Fox’s treatment towards this series, this show rocks.

Have you watched A Cooks Tour? No Reservations? Stuck to Emeril, Rachel Ray, and Bobby Flay? Then you don’t know cooking. Anthony Bourdain lives food and loves to share his experiences. This show focuses on his book Kitchen Confidential and the exploits of running a kitchen. If you think the cooks behind the kitchen doors are working happily preparing your food, think again. It’s often a dog-eat-dog world and the customer is often wrong… but that’s why the cooks are in the kitchen and there’s the wait staff.

It’s sad the ratings didn’t go higher but I’m bitterly happy it seems the episodes are airing in Australia. I can’t wait to watch the rest of this series and hope it makes it to DVD to survive the fate of so many Fox axes.
  • loosly based on the book Kitchen Confidential by Chef Anthony Bourdain. Spans a chef career and devulges secrets from the culinary underbelly.

Why in the world would they cancel this show, it was the most interesting piece of television I\'ve seen in a long time, besides family guy. I think Fox can\'t tell quality TV when they see it. I mean they cancelled Kitchen Confidential after like 5 shows and it was fantastic, but they\'re still making a piece of crap like Prison Break? Where\'s the justice?
  • A fantastic comedy but I discovered it had been concelled the day I discovered it existed. Yeah, another good show that's been "Foxed".

7.6
    You really start to laugh at the second episode, the first episode is a little hard to get into, the tone, the universe has to be grasped. But then you get hooked. The cast is amazing! I recognized most of the actors even though I didnt know their names and they're all great bringing to their characters dimensions.

So why has it been cancelled? There is no logic answer to that question. They stopped airing it after 4 episodes, ending it on a superb episode guest staring Michael Vartan, who was absolutely hilarious . It's an old school kinda humor which can make it seem unoriginal but it's not, it's just old school. I think it would've been a great thing aside all the trash TV Fox is doing nowadays and their big drama/action shows which they're probably gonna screw one moment or another because it's just what they do...
  • Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was and i would like to say is one of the best shows which came out last year, instead of keeping other crap they should resusitate this amazing show!11 Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Not cancelled totally

I found out that the show is still running in Austrailia. So if you can \"find\" it, have fun! I had to say it was a happy suprise to me :) And now to fill out my minimum of 50 words.
    I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
  • It made me snarf!

This show was so funny. It really captured life in an upscale hash house. I had met each of the characters types when I worked in a fine dinning restaurant in my teenage years. People would probably never eat out if they knew what really goes on in the "back of the house." It was good to be reminded of the zaniness of working in the food business.
  • funny

bring it bring it back ths was one of the best comdys from fox since american dad why do they cancle shows like this but keep crap on like stacked is mystery to me itwas fun funny and orinagal this made me laugh so much i realy hope fox bring it back!!!!
  • Bradley Cooper and the rest of the cast were fabulous in Kitchen Confidential. If only the show lasted longer it could of been the next great sitcom.

Kitchen Confidential came out of nowhere when it premiered and it had little to no advertisements and the show probably was mistaken by many as a cooking show. This however was not the case, Kitchen Confidential was a sitcom about chefs.

The show was probably one of the most risky and sexually urinated on FOX, and it was absolutely hilarious. Bradley Cooper was sensational, along with a cast of wonderful characters. I really wish the show could have lasted longer, and chances are we will never see the show again. I only hope that we can at least get the 6 episodes on DVD someday. Bring it back fox please!

• No sense writing much now. But they didn't give this show a chance. Great characters, setting, eye candy both m and f, flair, writing... The setup was a little bit intricate, which meant it needed a chance and some good promotion. It was actually

No sense writing a lot now. But they didn't give this show a chance. Great characters, setting, eye candy both m and f, flair, writing...
    The setup was a little bit intricate, which meant it needed a chance and some good promotion. It was actually funny, which set it apart.
    Fox deserves credit for buying it, but i really think they could have sold it better.
  • It figures, Fox cancels a good show like this, and keeps garbage like Trading Spouses on the air.

Kitchen Confidential may not have the greatest show in history, but it was good. I watched each week, and enjoyed it. The episode with John Larroquette was great. Kitchen offered good writing, interesting characters and good movement. The show flowed very well with no stops that could distract you from the comedy. This would be an example of a show that should be allowed to continue, but Fox drops it, and continues garbage like Trading Spouses. Heaven forbid you might let the audience enjoy a little intelligent comedy, instead of cramming down their throats another reality show. We already have to endure way too many commercials just to watch t.v., let alone get stuck with bad shows on top of it.

Please bring back Kitchen Confidential. Some of us are sick and tired of mind numbing, brain cell stealing shows like Trading Spouses, and would prefer a good comedy.
    I just find it odd that you can cancel a show by only airing 3 episodes!! Fox sucks when it comes to comedy but I hope someone else picks it up along with ADevelopment. They gonna always be behind the big 3 networks, thats a given, so why cancel great shows. I like Joey but even it doesn\'t compare to most Fox comedies but at least they get a chance to shine on other networks before being axed!
  • Criminally Underappreciated

This show was, to me, a breath of fresh air amidst the heaviness of all the forensics, alien and paranormally oriented shows with which we are being bombarded this season.

Kitchen Confidential had a good little ensemble cast that seemed to work well together and who seemed well chosen for their roles. The directing was quick and crisp; the stories were entertaining and well written. Then after only three episodes it goes on an ill-planned hiatus until December because of the World Series, which ended in early November. KC then died an untimely death because people hadn't had time to find it.

There was nothing wrong with this show, which never failed to make me laugh. Its only problem was very poor handling on the part of Fox.

I'm very much hoping that a DVD of the whole season comes out soon so that I can see the rest of it.
  • So true, so true...

As a chef, I found this show a welcome insight into professional kitchens, albiet a bit sugar-coated for the masses. Still, I really enjoyed watching this. It's a shame that FOX is cancelling it. Hopefully, they'll release any other episodes that are still in the can. You'll be missed, Nolita!
  • It it disappointing that this show has been cancelled.

I am so disappointed that this show was cancelled. It did not have a fair shot with only four episodes airing. I thought this show was original and very funny. Each character was original and each were funny in there own way. It showed hope for Bradley Cooper, who I watched in Alias, and also Nicholas Brenden from Buffy. I enjoyed the crazy schemes they came up with each week. I was looking forward for it to come back after November, but was disappointed to learn I will only get to watch one episode (which rated poorly) and then it is just over. There are not enough good sitcoms on this season and FOX just cancelled one of them.
< 1 2