Kitchen Confidential

FOX (ended 2005)

Kitchen Confidential Fan Reviews (56)

• Criminally Underappreciated

This show was, to me, a breath of fresh air amidst the heaviness of all the forensics, alien and paranormally oriented shows with which we are being bombarded this season.

Kitchen Confidential had a good little ensemble cast that seemed to work well together and who seemed well chosen for their roles. The directing was quick and crisp; the stories were entertaining and well written. Then after only three episodes it goes on an ill-planned hiatus until December because of the World Series, which ended in early November. KC then died an untimely death because people hadn't had time to find it.

There was nothing wrong with this show, which never failed to make me laugh. Its only problem was very poor handling on the part of Fox.

I'm very much hoping that a DVD of the whole season comes out soon so that I can see the rest of it.
  • It it disappointing that this show has been cancelled.

I am so disappointed that this show was cancelled. It did not have a fair shot with only four episodes airing. I thought this show was original and very funny. Each character was original and each were funny in there own way. It showed hope for Bradley Cooper, who I watched in Alias, and also Nicholas Brenden from Buffy. I enjoyed the crazy schemes they came up with each week. I was looking forward for it to come back after November, but was disappointed to learn I will only get to watch one episode (which rated poorly) and then it is just over. There are not enough good sitcoms on this season and FOX just cancelled one of them.
  • This show is hilarious. It has a humor similar to that of Sex and the City and other shows aimed at the same target demographic.

This show is hilarious. It has a humor similar to that of Sex and the City and other shows aimed at the same target demographic. The cast is great. I absolutely love the Head Chef from Jack & Bobby and the Head Waitress (who I recognize, but can't quite place). This show deserves kudos!
  • It figures, Fox cancels a good show like this, and keeps garbage like Trading Spouses on the air.

Kitchen Confidential may not have the greatest show in history, but it was good. I watched each week, and enjoyed it. The episode with John Larroquette was great. Kitchen offered good writing, interesting characters and good movement. The show flowed very well with no stops that could distract you from the comedy. This would be an example of a show that should be allowed to continue, but Fox drops it, and continues garbage like Trading Spouses. Heaven forbid you might let the audience enjoy a little intelligent comedy, instead of cramming down their throats another reality show. We already have to endure way too many commercials just to watch t.v., let alone get stuck with bad shows on top of it.

Please bring back Kitchen Confidential. Some of us are sick and tired of mind numbing, brain cell stealing shows like Trading Spouses, and would prefer a good comedy.
  • Fave New Sticom so far !!!

I'm a Buffy fan so was eager to watch both How I Mwt YOur MOther & Kitchen Confidential to see wcich i liked better & as of now i say Kiitchen, The characteres funnier & more likable to me & i founf myself laughing more & looking forward to the next episode. I can see myself adding Kitcehn to my fave show list & it becoming one of my regualrs !!!!
  • What is wrong with Fox? I mean 4 of 13 aired? Do they have a disease that makes them kill the best shows?

What the hell is wrong with Fox? I mean 4 episodes out of 13 aired? You can hardly get a fanbase in just 4 episodes, and this is was a great show. every character perfect and different, great writing and directing, great actors. They cancel great shows like this and air crap sitcoms that everyone has seen a thousand times, every bad joke mad, every sappy lesson learned. C'mon Fox, give us something new and different and stay with it for ones. Atleast Arrested Development got 3 seasons before they shot it to death. Prison Break was good the first two seasons but now, c'mon. And Prison Preak: Cherry Hill, BARF. BARF hard and in extreme volumes. Goddamn it Fox, get a f-ing clue.

Bring these shows back;
    Firefly
    Dark Angel
    Kitchen Confidential
    Arrested Development
    Futurama (coming back, finally)
    and I bet there are buttloads more.
  • Briliant cast and great script. I'm a big fan of this series.

It was exactly what one of the character said in the pilot episode: "where money and food come to have sex". It's just too bad that it was aired on a wrong network. Darren Star produce this, combine with a great ensamble. If they choose HBO or Cinemax, this show will florish. It's so far my favorite tv series of all time.
  • Why oh why oh why was this brilliant show cancelled?? I have been rewatching the few episodes that actually aired, and they have me in stitches.

Kitchen confidential is based loosely based on the life of chef Anthony Bourdain. Bradley Cooper (Will from Alias) play Jack Bourdain who has been given a second chance to run his own restaurant after a life of sex, drugs and rock n' roll.

Jack manages a colorful gang of restauranteurs. Steve is the tough british kitchen handyman, Jimmy (Sam from Freaks and Geeks) is the chef in training who gets teased and tormented by his peers, and Seth (Xander from Buffy) is the goofy pastry chef, and various others. Each character is unique and completely loveable.

And the writing... its hilarious and unexpected. I can't remember the last time a tv show made me laugh this much. We need more shows like this on tv! If only Fox had given this gem a chance, I'm sure it would have found the audience it deserved. Bring it back!!
  • loosly based on the book Kitchen Confidential by Chef Anthony Bourdain. Spans a chef career and devulges secrets from the culinary underbelly.

Why in the world would they cancel this show, it was the most interesting piece of television I\'ve seen in a long time, besides family guy. I think Fox can\'t tell quality TV when they see it. I mean they cancelled Kitchen Confidential after like 5 shows and it was fantastic, but they\'re still making a piece of crap like Prison Break? Where\'s the justice?
  • So true, so true...

As a chef, I found this show a welcome insight into professional kitchens, albiet a bit sugar-coated for the masses. Still, I really enjoyed watching this. It's a shame that FOX is cancelling it. Hopefully, they'll release any other episodes that are still in the can. You'll be missed, Nolita!
  • A great well written show that needs to be watched, I hope Fox doesn't cancel it.

Poor show it's getting killed in the ratings, people need to watch this. It is hilarous. Bradley Cooper is super funny e has this knack for comedy that was so underused on Alias. Plus I'm so glad to see Nicholas Brendon has a job again. Great cast that works well together and a creative concept that doesn't come off cheesy or pretentious. If you're trying to choose which Buffy alum to support support Nicky and tape Alyson's How I met your mom... Kitchen needs the support.
  • This show is amazing!

It needs a second chance, if it was given another season on a reasonable day and time and it'll be a smash hit... It's hilarious! It was very ahead of it's time and FOX dropped it before it really took off. If they gave it another chance it would take off. If you haven't seen it, find a way too, I don't know if it's on DVD but it's worth a buy, not a rent, a buy, it's that good. This show is very original and unlike any other show on television and it's just as intelligent as it is dim-witted comedy. It can appeal to ALL!
  • Kitchen Confidential, cancelled after 13 episodes. Now thats TV Tragedy! This great show needs to find an audience and make a come back.

I understand why people may have been reluctant to try this show out. Restaurant kitchens are not fun places at all, i\\\'ve worked in some in my time. Hence I wasn\\\'t too bothered when I heard about this Kitchen comedy but I was surprised by this show. Pleasently.

The characters were great, especially Nicholas Brendan (aka Xander Harris from Buffy) and John Cho (aka MILF dude from American Pie or Harold from Harold and Kumar) who have an amazing on screen chemistry and really made me and my friends laugh a lot. These two NEED to wrok together more because they are gold. I admit, in my eyes this show is not as funny as Scrubs, but it is damn close and that means its a winner (In my eyes).

This is a funny funny show thats now been canned after only a few episodes. What is the world coming to? Can nothing be a slow burner? Can word of mouth not spread before money grabbing executives replace it with, get this, Skating with Celebrities.. Skating With Celebrities??? Reality TV adds another casualty to its slaughter of modern culture and human dignity. To think a promising comedy show with unbelievably talented actors got dropped for \\\"skating with celebrities\\\" insults me to my core and makes me think how sad it is that the masses would rather watch second rate celebs in a formulaic reality tv show than a work of comedy art. Come on world, we have a better culture to us than that. Bring Kitchen Confidential back.
    I just find it odd that you can cancel a show by only airing 3 episodes!! Fox sucks when it comes to comedy but I hope someone else picks it up along with ADevelopment. They gonna always be behind the big 3 networks, thats a given, so why cancel great shows. I like Joey but even it doesn\'t compare to most Fox comedies but at least they get a chance to shine on other networks before being axed!
  • A fantastic comedy but I discovered it had been concelled the day I discovered it existed. Yeah, another good show that's been "Foxed".

7.6
    You really start to laugh at the second episode, the first episode is a little hard to get into, the tone, the universe has to be grasped. But then you get hooked. The cast is amazing! I recognized most of the actors even though I didnt know their names and they're all great bringing to their characters dimensions.

So why has it been cancelled? There is no logic answer to that question. They stopped airing it after 4 episodes, ending it on a superb episode guest staring Michael Vartan, who was absolutely hilarious . It's an old school kinda humor which can make it seem unoriginal but it's not, it's just old school. I think it would've been a great thing aside all the trash TV Fox is doing nowadays and their big drama/action shows which they're probably gonna screw one moment or another because it's just what they do...
  • It could use a little work or maybe a better time slot.

Fox's own "Kitchen Confidential," a companion piece to "Arrested Development," stops just shy of being a traditional sitcom while leaning on what must now be considered less than cutting-edge techniques: talking to the camera, voice-over, quick-cuts, etc.

"Kitchen Confidential," based on the life of chef-writer Anthony Bourdain, is funnier than most sitcoms, with little quirks and one-liners that hint at some sharper teeth underneath. In no way, however, is it in the same league as "Arrested Development."

That's probably why Fox chose it. There's a passable wackiness to "Kitchen Confidential" that gives it some street (or is that critical?) credibility when positioned next to, say, CBS' "Out of Practice."
  • One if the best comedy series I've seen!

One if the best comedy series I've seen! Big fan here and I love this show! The writer is brilliant! Please, Bring it back! Air it as well here in the Philippines! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back!
  • Really great show that needs to have more time for word of mouth to go around!!!

Ok this I have no understanding what so ever! Why did Fox cancel this show is beyond my comprehension. This was really funny being an actual chef in an actual kitchen. The sad part about this whole thing is that I had no idea about this show until a friend lent me the DVD collection. Maybe if you put it on during a time frame thats good for everyone or actually give it a chance rather than letting it go for 4 episodes and then saying bye bye your not doing good enough for us. I mean C'mon Fox pull your heads out of your you know whats. Alot of people have been wanting this show to come back on so would it be that bad to put it back on as a trial. You did it with Family Guy so do it with K.C.
  • Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was and i would like to say is one of the best shows which came out last year, instead of keeping other crap they should resusitate this amazing show!11 Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Not cancelled totally

I found out that the show is still running in Austrailia. So if you can \"find\" it, have fun! I had to say it was a happy suprise to me :) And now to fill out my minimum of 50 words.
    I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
  • I had to watch to see Nicholas Brendon. The pilot was in love at first site. It was very witty and story line was good. It has gotten better with each episode. I want to see more of it!

The pilot was funny and set up a good feel for what to expect for the show. It has a different feeling then the other shows that are out this season and I really enjoy watching it. I even keep it on TIVO so I can go back and watch it again.
  • WOW!! Somebody thought of a new idea that didn't involve the term 'reality'

Finally, a refreshing change for TV. Somebody finally sat down and created a show that is funny and new. I was begining to think the TV industry was going the same direction of movies and music - producing crap (a.k.a. any thing in the 'reality' genere) and then blaming the internet and consumers for falling sales/profit. The characters are believable and the situations plausable. Writers take note!! We want more shows like this one. Well not exactly like it but you get the picture, right?
  • It's Sex and The City for chefs.

I love this show! Kitchen Confidential is funny, sexy and a absolute delight to watch. I liked Bradley Cooper well enough in Alias but I absolutely loved him in this show. He\'s supported by a great cast as well including, British Bonnie Sommerville and Owain Yeoman. It's such a shame it got cancelled without even a proper first season. The cast and crew of this show deserve so much better. But I guess this just goes to show how much of a rarity good taste is these days. I just really hope they come out with a DVD of all 13 episodes plus a few featurettes. I would absolutely buy the DVD.
  • I like this show

Love it. I work in a kitchen and i know that the chefs can be axactly like the ones in this show. The actors are great for the roles they play. Its amazing that it has such an easy plot that nobody came up with the idea for this show before.
  • Welcome to the world of your professional kitchens. Anthony Bourdain is a chef and writer who tells of his experiences in the culinary world. If you haven’t read Kitchen Confidential, I hope this series will peak your interest.

Welcome to one side of the culinary world, told from the world of a chef and cook. Welcome to Fox Networks, where no series is sacred and just because you recorded a show doesn’t mean it has a chance at airing. Bitterness aside from Fox’s treatment towards this series, this show rocks.

Have you watched A Cooks Tour? No Reservations? Stuck to Emeril, Rachel Ray, and Bobby Flay? Then you don’t know cooking. Anthony Bourdain lives food and loves to share his experiences. This show focuses on his book Kitchen Confidential and the exploits of running a kitchen. If you think the cooks behind the kitchen doors are working happily preparing your food, think again. It’s often a dog-eat-dog world and the customer is often wrong… but that’s why the cooks are in the kitchen and there’s the wait staff.

It’s sad the ratings didn’t go higher but I’m bitterly happy it seems the episodes are airing in Australia. I can’t wait to watch the rest of this series and hope it makes it to DVD to survive the fate of so many Fox axes.
  • St. Lawrence the Deacon is the patron saint of cooks and comedians...so why can't a kitchen-based sitcom catch a break?

This series, based on Chef Anthony Bourdain's first book of memoirs (of the same name), this is probably the most accurate fictional representation of a professional kitchen that I've ever seen. In my 10 years thusfar cooking professionally, I've seen similar instances of hazing, chefs trying to sleep with waitresses, chefs trying to sleep with each other (heheh...been there...unsuccessfully), absentee owners (although Pino was one of the more informed ones), grueling injuries (again, been there), and pain-in-the-ass customers.

I suppose that's why I thought this series was so great...on the other hand, I can also understand why it was cancelled. The show is just a bit too esoteric for the general public. Also, as a chef, I think there are really certain inside aspects of the business that I'd rather the customer not know about.

However, a great show nonetheless. The characters in the show, while not necessarily based on specific real people, are definitely archetypes that usually pop up in professional kitchens.
  • a master chef finds himself in jail after experimenting with two many drugs, women, and messing with the boss. after his release, hes stuck in a theme restaurant until he gets the second chance of a lifetime to be the head chef at a new upscale New York r

im a cook- and i love this show- its surpirsingly accurate and well written, i definetly hope it makes it. this is a show that could certainly have lots of material for a few years, and if they get a good enough fan base, it will catch on for sure.
  • Bradley Cooper and the rest of the cast were fabulous in Kitchen Confidential. If only the show lasted longer it could of been the next great sitcom.

Kitchen Confidential came out of nowhere when it premiered and it had little to no advertisements and the show probably was mistaken by many as a cooking show. This however was not the case, Kitchen Confidential was a sitcom about chefs.

The show was probably one of the most risky and sexually urinated on FOX, and it was absolutely hilarious. Bradley Cooper was sensational, along with a cast of wonderful characters. I really wish the show could have lasted longer, and chances are we will never see the show again. I only hope that we can at least get the 6 episodes on DVD someday. Bring it back fox please!

• Kitchen Confidential, new, fresh, and edgy.

This show looks like it\\\'s going to be pretty good. It\\\'s got a different and very original plot line that interests me quite a bit. I\\\'m also impressed with the people they got to play the main characters. I\\\'m glad that Nicholas Brendon from Buffy is playing a character in this show. Looks like a fun show overall! :)
  • Take two stars of two very successful shows and mix till smooth and heat slowly, a recipe for success? Not yet, but there's definitely potential.

It seems this season, a lot of shows are released that feature stars from former shows. This necessarily isn't a bad thing, it just generates a sort of expectation that nine out of ten times never will be fulfilled. Usually, the succes of the former shows is never repeated and people are let down.

So, what do have here? Bradley Cooper, known as Will from "Alias", the journalist reporter who knew too much and eventually had to go into witness protection, thus marking his end in "Alias". To me, he was never the comedical type, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. And then we have Nicholas Brendon, who actually played the comical side-kick Xander in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". And he was funny and integral to the humorous part of Buffy.

So, does that make KC funny? Don't know yet... it had me laughing a few times, but it tries to be a dark humour kind of show, like "Dead Like Me", and it's not hitting that spot quite yet. Probably, this show has to evolve a bit, but it should not rely on situations like a chopped off finger to create problematic situations and rely more on the cast, which I think is a great one.

< 1 2