Kitchen Nightmares Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Black Pearl

poulters

[1]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 18

I really love watching Ramsay show but this season I don't like the changes. They spent the first 5 minutes telling us the problem, then Ramsay showed up and repeated the problem for the next 5 minutes, then yet again talk to the staff and management for another 5 minutes. Finally they actually started into the show and for a short time the show was great. Then recap, recap before each commercial. AND WHAT happened suddenly after a short argument the show ended, what happened to returning in a few months to see if they survived.

THis show was my husband's favourite he would stay up late just to watch it and copy other episode just to make sure he hadn't missed any. But now he wasn't in a hurry to watch any episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dunbrine47

[2]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 9
    Uuh...I could'nt stand that one arrgont bastard ,Gordon was right he has enoght S*** to be a politician.

sonofpfunk

[3]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    poulters wrote:

I really love watching Ramsay show but this season I don't like the changes. They spent the first 5 minutes telling us the problem, then Ramsay showed up and repeated the problem for the next 5 minutes, then yet again talk to the staff and management for another 5 minutes. Finally they actually started into the show and for a short time the show was great. Then recap, recap before each commercial. AND WHAT happened suddenly after a short argument the show ended, what happened to returning in a few months to see if they survived.

This show was my husband's favourite he would stay up late just to watch it and copy other episode just to make sure he hadn't missed any. But now he wasn't in a hurry to watch any episode.

Agree. There is WAY too much recapping/previewing, so much that it feels like everything else is crammed in. There isn't enough time to really connect with the owners/employees. All in all this season has been average so far. Though I do like it when Gordon jokes around with people, like that gay waiter guy and the "Golden Girls".

ebony_kunoichi

[4]Sep 30, 2008
    • level: 13

The British Version was lots better. I don't know what is going on. Too much human interest crap and not enough transformation. I dont know why they tampered with the formula.

kravitzfan12

[5]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 34
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

The British Version was lots better. I don't know what is going on. Too much human interest crap and not enough transformation. I don't know why they tampered with the formula.

I still think this show is great. I thought this was the best episode of season 2 so far! I like when they show some human interest and sympathy. It gives another dimension to it.

I do however agree that there is to much recapping. It can get annoying, but I still think it is one of the best shows about chefs / cooking on TV today.

nothus79

[6]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    Still love this show and always will. Its great to see Ramsay in action and the few annoying things about it wont make me stop watching it.

potter1989

[7]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 10
    Recapping is incredibly annoying, I agree. Also, did you notice every time Gordon gets a little upset, he steps outside the restaurant, tightens his coat, smacks his hands together, says a punch line then returns in? It's hilarious

mjstal60

[8]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 5

Hi! I have to agree with what everyone has said about this episode. I kept feeling like the show felt "rushed" and I couldn't quite put my finger on WHY? But you all named every reason....I agree!

But I also agree that I will keep watching because I am a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay and have gotten my friends watching. We call each other back and forth from Florida, South Carolina and New Jersey during the commercials...we're so addicted to it!

I enjoyed reading all of your comments!

myspacemike

[9]Oct 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    this was actually was my first episode of the show and i thought it was great I might have to go back to season one and watch all of those. i've been a fan of Hell's Kitchen but I like the premise of this show alot.

mjstal60

[10]Oct 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    Hi myspacemike! My guess is you'll love this program. I am completely hooked and I've got my best friend and his mother watching it as well. My family were big fans of Hell's Kitchen, which I never did see. I plan to watch that when the next season comes up. But go ahead and watch Kitchen Nightmares-its very good. I also watch Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares on the BBC channel. I can't get enough of him! Have a great evening!

dunbrine47

[11]Oct 25, 2008

Look what I found

http://eater.com/archives/2008/09/the_shutter_even_gordon_ramsay_cant_save_the_black_pearl.php

kravitzfan12

[12]Nov 9, 2008
    • level: 34
    I went to the Black Pearl website and look at what I found:

"NEWS!

* Black Pearl was destroyed, physically and emotionally, by a potty-mouthed, hatchet-faced bully and a national television network.

Thank you to our friends and family for your support during the past four years."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must have been written by the jerk owner David!

Here is the link to their website:

http://www.blackpearlonline.com/

dunbrine47

[13]Nov 9, 2008

kravitzfan12 wrote:
    I went to the Black Pearl website and look at what I found:

"NEWS!

* Black Pearl was destroyed, physically and emotionally, by a potty-mouthed, hatchet-faced bully and a national television network.

Thank you to our friends and family for your support during the past four years."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must have been written by the jerk owner David!

Here is the link to their website:

http://www.blackpearlonline.com/

Yeah I don't belive that bull **** for one second.

coolrapper

[14]Oct 21, 2011
    • level: 19

Karma's such a bitch, isn't it?

The grumpy, arrogant, a-hole, David was the first and only owner (in the history of U.S. Kitchen Nightmares) of a restaurant that refused change from Chef Ramsay and denied every single thing that was wrong with it. Thank, God the Black Pearl sank for good.

David wanted to run the place unchanged so bad, and it just sank, despite him resuming control of the restaurant to exactly as he wanted it to be.His former employee was right.When the "Black Pearl" closed down, David formed a staff meeting stating that the place was up for sale and would open its doors to an entirely new establishment.Karma really chewed up his ass and spat it out.

To David, you have and always will be the most hated person on the history of FOX's "Kitchen Nightmares." No wonder he doesn't have a wife. HAHALaughing