Kitchen Nightmares Forums

FOX (ended 0000)

Kitchen Nightmares returns in January

  • Avatar of Brunete20

    Brunete20

    [1]Nov 24, 2008
    • member since: 05/03/06
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 1,754
    Kitchen Nightmares has a return date for new episodes set for January 15, 2009.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kravitzfan12

    kravitzfan12

    [2]Nov 24, 2008
    • member since: 03/06/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 1,256
    Is that for the new season (3) or is that this season (2) being pre-emted until then?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dunbrine47

    dunbrine47

    [3]Nov 24, 2008
    • member since: 09/02/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 307

    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    Is that for the new season (3) or is that this season (2) being pre-emted until then?

    Let's go with the last option.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brunete20

    Brunete20

    [4]Dec 1, 2008
    • member since: 05/03/06
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 1,754
    It will still be in it's second season when it returns.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of agent_0042

    agent_0042

    [5]Jan 14, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 10,895
    But apparently only returning for one episode, and that's it for the season. Both TV Guide and my satellite's listings are billing the episode as the "season finale." I see "Cafe Rama" listed in the guide for the 22nd, but listings show two hours of Bones on the 22nd.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brunete20

    Brunete20

    [7]Jan 15, 2009
    • member since: 05/03/06
    • level: 63
    • rank: Browncoat
    • posts: 1,754

    agent_0042 wrote:
    But apparently only returning for one episode, and that's it for the season. Both TV Guide and my satellite's listings are billing the episode as the "season finale." I see "Cafe Rama" listed in the guide for the 22nd, but listings show two hours of Bones on the 22nd.

    As of Sunday, "Casa Roma" was supposed to be the season finale and air next Thursday. It was changed Monday night, at 8:37pm, when FOX decided to move the new Bones episodes to next week, airing a double episode, because of the President Bush's sudden request for 15 minutes of airtime on all major networks for his farewell address to the nation. Therefore, FOX decided to not air "Casa Roma" at all. It will probably air sometime next season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [8]Jan 16, 2009
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,921
    Cafe 36 is billed as season finale and and after seeing it, nothing new. Really a good riddance might be in order.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of alcalde

    alcalde

    [9]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/03
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 241

    haldrey wrote:
    Cafe 36 is billed as season finale and and after seeing it, nothing new. Really a good riddance might be in order.

    Seriously. I could be a restaurant consultant myself now after watching two seasons of this.

    Make sure restaurant is noticable from the outside. Any failing restaurant has bad food. Make sure kitchen is clean. Redo menu, offering fewer, more contemporary choices but with local products when possible and always fresh. Downsize portions, raise prices. If there is no theme to the restaurant, walk around town and find out either what type of restaurant is missing or what the locals like and arrange menu appropriately. Redo restaurant interior so that it's bright, coordinated and "modern". This takes one night. Make sure kitchen staff talks to each other and to wait staff. Make sure restaurant has manager able to expedite food. Fire any deadweight managers. Promote restaurant by interacting with community, often by creating an annual event and inviting the mayor and a food critic. That's all you need - no traditional advertising. And for some reason, avoid large signs and coupons. Achieve all this via lots of screaming. Now, after one week step back and watch the money roll in! Did I miss anything?

    Oh, and restaurants never have problems because of poor business planning, vendor pricing, tax planning, cutthroat competition, poor location, forecasting, cash flow or undercapitalization.

    Edited on 01/18/2009 10:58am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dunbrine47

    dunbrine47

    [10]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 09/02/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 307
    alcalde wrote:

    haldrey wrote:
    Cafe 36 is billed as season finale and and after seeing it, nothing new. Really a good riddance might be in order.

    Seriously. I could be a restaurant consultant myself now after watching two seasons of this.

    Make sure restaurant is noticable from the outside. Any failing restaurant has bad food. Make sure kitchen is clean. Redo menu, offering fewer, more contemporary choices but with local products when possible and always fresh. Downsize portions, raise prices. If there is no theme to the restaurant, walk around town and find out either what type of restaurant is missing or what the locals like and arrange menu appropriately. Redo restaurant interior so that it's bright, coordinated and "modern". This takes one night. Make sure kitchen staff talks to each other and to wait staff. Make sure restaurant has manager able to expedite food. Fire any deadweight managers. Promote restaurant by interacting with community, often by creating an annual event and inviting the mayor and a food critic. That's all you need - no traditional advertising. And for some reason, avoid large signs and coupons. Achieve all this via lots of screaming. Now, after one week step back and watch the money roll in! Did I miss anything?

    Oh, and restaurants never have problems because of poor business planning, vendor pricing, tax planning, cutthroat competition, poor location, forecasting, cash flow or undercapitalization.

    LOL if it were only that easy(Considering about half of the niightmares have went under/repoed/other reasons).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of agent_0042

    agent_0042

    [11]Mar 3, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 10,895
    Actually, cutthroat competition was covered as an issue in at least one of the episodes. After analyzing the competition in the area, Ramsay determined that the community was health-conscious, but there was a dearth of restaurants offering healthy food, so he focused on that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dunbrine47

    dunbrine47

    [12]Mar 6, 2009
    • member since: 09/02/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 307

    agent_0042 wrote:
    Actually, cutthroat competition was covered as an issue in at least one of the episodes. After analyzing the competition in the area, Ramsay determined that the community was health-conscious, but there was a dearth of restaurants offering healthy food, so he focused on that.

    If this was a good ecomony cutthroat comp. would be the main problem, but ever since the ecomonic. time bomb went off ,cutthroat comp. was the least of thier problems.And besides alot of these nightmares had anywhere on avarage between 250,000 and a millon dollars of debt so that says something.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chomsky1337

    chomsky1337

    [13]May 28, 2009
    • member since: 05/01/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 10
    Glad to hear the show is returning, can't wait.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of agent_0042

    agent_0042

    [14]Jul 18, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 10,895
    dunbrine - don't you read the papers? Many of the areas of the country are in dire economic straits, but there are some that are actually thriving and where competition is definitely an issue.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LuckyMayBelle

    LuckyMayBelle

    [15]Jan 26, 2010
    • member since: 01/27/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1
    How do you recommend a restaurants for this show?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [16]Feb 12, 2010
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,921
    I do not know if this is season three or unaired episodes of previous seasons but I have watched three new episodes of KN which are not listed in the episode guide. All are basically the same, Ramsey comes in into a rundown or bad restaurants, fights with all and leaves the restaurant in good shape. It is a good program for the fast forward button.

    These episode were:

    Jan 29, 2010 (Friday) - Hot Potato Cafe
    Feb 2, 2010 (Tuesday)- Flamingo
    Feb 5, 2010 (Friday) - Bazzini

    Bazzini was the best of them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kravitzfan12

    kravitzfan12

    [17]Feb 15, 2010
    • member since: 03/06/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 1,256
    haldrey:

    I'm not quite sure why they haven't been added to the episode guide, but the guide is so confusing as it stands right now that I don't want to start trying to submit them.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of agent_0042

    agent_0042

    [18]Feb 24, 2010
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 10,895
    A new episode, "Mojito's" will be on tomorrow. FOX will be airing new episodes of the show on Thursdays for the next three weeks as a replacement for Past Life, which was canned after just three episodes.
    Edited on 02/24/2010 6:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [19]Feb 24, 2010
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,921
    kravitzfan12 wrote:
    haldrey:

    I'm not quite sure why they haven't been added to the episode guide, but the guide is so confusing as it stands right now that I don't want to start trying to submit them.


    I was going to try and fix the guide but, yes, it is too confusing so I desisted. Fox schedule did not fared any better, now they moved Casa Roma to March 12 and added several other episodes. New episodes are as follows (until further notice):

    Feb 25 (Thursday) - Mojito's Mar 04 (Thursday) - Lido di Manhattan Beach
    Mar 11 (Thursday) - Le Bistro
    Mar 12 (Friday) - Casa Roma
    Mar 19 (Friday) - Mama Rita's

    By the way, according to Fox this is the second season, all previously aired episodes, before 2010, are all part of the first season. Now you see why I did not even attempted to fix the schedule. It had to be erased and started again from scratch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.