Knight Rider

A Hard Day's Knight

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 15, 2008 on NBC

• Operative Mike Traceur is poisoned in the line of duty, and must stop the bad guys, THEN get the antidote so he doesn't die. Warning: Spoilers AND some serious criticism included in this review!

Ok, the premise of this episode I really liked, and let's face it, who DOESN'T want to Justin Bruening with his shirt open? (God he is hot) This episode just really started to ruin the series for me, though. Everything is simply too easy in this show, and it just irks me. I like what I saw someone else write... "Got a problem? Look in the glove box!" That is soooo dead on. KITT did everything in this episode. KITT took blood samples, KITT provided Mike with voice modulators, KITT turned himself into a police car, KITT had a defibrilator and shocked Mike back to life, KITT had adrenaline shots, KITT analyzed samples and made Mike's antidote... please!!! The only thing KITT didn't do in this episode was pick out that trashy, skanky shirt that Deanna Russo was sporting. Now, I want desperately to love this show, because I have loved and watched Justin Bruening for years, and really want him to make it big. He's not a bad actor, even if some people think he's underpar. He's not getting much to work with on this show, though! He is the only reason I even liked this episode; he was completely believable. He is the only thing that keeps me coming back. Somebody new better start taking over these scripts, because even I won't be able to stomach them for too much longer...
  • What A awesome show!

Ok here it is, it's like this we all have freedom of speech and everyone even if we don't like what people are saying about this deserves to tell us good or bad what they think. What I don't get is there is alot of bad reviews about this show and I don't know why. Ok maybe it scores low because people want alot of violence, well I for one think there is enough violence in the world and even on tv shows today we could use some good shows with just action, drama, incredible effects, comedy and yes even romance. My point is this show offers all of that and more. It deserves higher ratings then it has gotten but like I said we all have our opinions.
    If you are a big fan of the knight rider series you have to realize that back in the 80's or so when knight rider aired it they didn't have alot of technology like they do with this show but I still love knight rider but I also think Knight Rider 2008
    in it self exceeeds where the old one left off. This show stars Michael Knight's son the same Michael Knight of old knight rider not only that it has some very interesting characters as well as story lines, like for instance Mike's past. That alone makes me want to keep watching because I want to know what happen to Mike and why he can't remember things I also love the car transformations from the truck to going under water which so far that is my favorite part to changing to the van to the cop car. The only thing I don't like so far is how Sarah keeps acting like she's in charge and making decisions instead of Mike. Don't get me wrong I like Sarah but the show is to be Mike and Kitt not Sarah and Kitt.
  • This show has everything necessary to entertain anyone who wants some action, high tech, cars and beautiful women.

This episode like the previous ones is excellent. Since Mike has been poisoned action never stops till the end. Kitt has some funny jokes like in every episode. I like how they did the car transformation special and other visual effects. I must say that this is my No1 tv show, I watching Heroes, Prison Break, Ghost Whisperer, Smallville and some other shows but Knight Rider is the best of them and I don't understand why would somebody comment about it and say that this is not a good show. I mean, don't watch it if you don't like. I just can't wait for the next episode, and for the end of this review, I think that Sarah (Deanna Russo) is very hot.
  • Got a problem, check the glove box!

So why did Michael forget what he said to Sarah while he was poisoned? Truth serum just reduces your inhibitions, it doesn't make you forget. Also, what happened to the full restraints in attack mode? When Michael collapsed in the car, he just fell over into the passenger seat, that seemed a bit strange. And this magic glove box is just plain getting out of hand. KITT now has a full laboratory capability to synthesize an antidote, a defibrillator, can attach a device to a hand with a severed finger but he doesn't have a simple oxygen mask in case the car catches fire. Too low tech I guess. I bet it is only a matter of time until they recalibrate the deflector dish!

Overall I thought this was a little better effort on the writer's part, but the timing seemed off. I mean, there was less than 3 hours to live, and KITT was blasting all over the place with only minutes to spare, and yet Sarah was able to reach Michael in the nick of time in an SUV.