Knight Rider

Fight Knight

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 04, 2009 on NBC

• Illegal fighting organizers get what coming to them.

Michael Knight's Drill Sergeant, Jack Burber is killed and a drug overdose is blamed, but Mike knows better. Mike and KITT travel to the town where the death occurred to meet up with Annie, another one of SGT Burber's recruits. Mike and KITT soon find evidence that Burber was killed. They follow the evidence to a local bar and KITT uses his technology to determine that there is something major going on in the basement. Mike uses his charm and Army Ranger training to gain access to the basement, where he finds out that illegal no holds barred fighting is taking place. After working his way into the basement, Mike gets the tape that corresponds to the time that Burber died. He gets caught in the back room where it was at an immediately gets thrown into the ring with Monster Molina and a woman with Annie as his partner. While checking the records of the fight organizer, Sarah, Zoe and Billy find that he is funneling money to the Sheriff. Annie gets hurt by Monster and Mike ends the fight. After carrying her to KITT, it is determined that she has a collapsed lung and as he is getting ready to take her to the hospital, the fight organizers show up and they have the tape. Mike tells KITT to take Annie to the hospital. Mike gets away but looses his ear mic and cannot communicate with KITT and spends the night running. He gets a cell phone after sneaking up on two of the bad guys and takes them out, also finding the tape. He finally finds service for the cell phone and contacts KITT. They decide to meet at a white cottage that Mike can see. The sheriff shows up before KITT and Mike learns of the Sheriff's involvement. KITT finally arrives and Mike gets away with his help. Mike goes back to the bar with tape and takes out the whole team of fight organizers. He shows the main organizer from the tape that he had killed Burber. In the end the FBI is arresting them all.
  • Another great show has been made and I'm proud to say I watched it. I think the producers have woken up to the reality that they were Killing the show themselves. Mike and Kitt try to find out exactly how Sergeant Jack B. died. Another three thumbs up!!!

Another great show has been made and I'm proud to say I watched it. I'm serious, I think the producers have woken up to the reality that they were originally Killing the show themselves. Mike's acting is class, as the son of Michael knight in these episodes finally his personality sought of reminds me of him, that's a good thing. K.I.T.T is now definitely a friend and a partner and is funny. In this episode Mike and Kitt try to find out exactly how Sergeant Jack B. died. Their investigations takes them into the world of underground fighting. Here is where the adventure really begins. Another three thumbs up with my toes included for this one. Oh!! the backing tracks were great too...
  • Mike and K.I.T.T. investigate an alleged suicide of a former US Army drill instructor. Soon they find proof that it was murder. In order to find the culprits Mike has to fight in an underground fight club.

The Knight is back on track! Last weeks episode was great, but this one was even better:

Finally the writers (and even the actors) got it right. After a more or less bumpy transition during episodes 9-12 the show has become what it always was supposed to be: A show about one man, who can make a difference - for normal people. This pointless crap about saving the world amidst bikini girls and surfer boys was just ridiculous.

Well, i have to admit: A couple of days ago I watched some of the classic episodes and a lot of them really aren't fine examples of writing or acting at all. The differnce is that for a lot of people between the age of 20 and m-a-y-b-e fortysomething this show has a gained a certain cult status. In my opinion this status can basically traced back to the fact that most of us associate the adventures of the Hoff with their youth or even their childhood. But c'mon, SERIOUSLY: The classic Knight Rider has always been as trashy as The A-Team or other comparable shows of that time.

However, the audience's expectations of a watchable TV serial have changed. Transfering the initial Knight Rider concept to a modern TV show had been a tremendous challenge right from the beginning. Writers and producers seemed to believe that with higher standards they also needed bigger challenges and props for the show's heroes: Terrorists, almost ridiculously fancy headquarters, a transformer-like K.A.R.R. and a freakin' plane (?!) to carry K.I.T.T...

Too bad that these weren't even remotely the reasons why the people loved the classic show. Sometimes less is more:

NOW we are back to a manageable headqarter due to it's former gigantic measures now lying in shaded background. Like the fotography does it here the show now focuses on important aspects like believable acting instead of permanent overdoses of visual effects and shiny high tech stuff. The SciFi aspect of the show has been readjusted to it's actual purpose: Supporting a well-written plot:

This episode shows the same strenghs as the last week's: An exciting and down-to-earth storyline in which the teamwork between Mike and K.I.T.T. is just in the right balance.

Great writing, great action, great episode!