Knight Rider Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Cancellation (From the Editor)

Catwoman87531

[1]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 55
    Edited on 05/20/09 Knight Rider has been officially cancelled

There have been many posts on this topic and I felt it was prudent to make an official topic on this matter. I will be locking the other topics and ask all discussion take place here. At this time, the show has completed airing of the episode for season one. There is NO official word on the status of the show in regards to a second season.

Speculation is that the show was not performing well in the ratings and it likely to be cancelled. Fans should know that this is not a done deal. I will post in this topic once I hear anything. Also if anyone else hears anything, please post all topics here and provide a URL link, so others users can read the news in its original form. Check out the link: http://knightrideronline.com/news/#002332

Also here is the link to participate in the second season campaign: http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rider_2008/campaign/
    Edited on 05/20/2009 5:35am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ravage84

[2]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 11

Hate to say but this show should be cancelled. When the two hour movie aired originally I was excited and hoping that it would get picked up.

Once the TV series started I couldn't watch it past like the first four episodes because it was so out there and outrageous. After KITT acheived the "nanotechnology-turn into a submarine" transformation I had to stop watching the show.

I was mildly optomistic when they annouced the KARR episode but beyond getting Peter Cullen to voice KARR there was nothing good about the episode.

drchaos48

[3]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 2
    First let me say that I loved the show. Up to the point where Sarah's father died, it was great. I love fiction when it comes to TV. However, since they wrote off the father, the show wasn't up to par. It seemed to stagnate and the assignments Mike was sent on just weren't intense for KITT or Mike. Don't get me wrong, I'd still watch it if it would keep going. I want to see Mike and Sarah get into a serious relationship and not just a one night stand with some wanting looks.. Keep the show and get the writting back up to par...

ikonomous

[4]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 8

I like the show very much and i hope they don't cancel and they renew for a second season, it's only right, they've asked the viewers to commit our time to see a show and they cancel it when it is actually liked and wanted to stay on. I don't understand why they commit som much money and don't give it a chance, they made a mistake when they retracted the order of episodes from 22 to 17, they already set it up to fail, how can we follow knowing they had 5 more scripts and don't release to the viewers.. tisk tisk

DON'T CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strawberrylass

[5]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 1

DO NOT CANCEL "KNIGHT RIDER" I have thoroughly enjoyed this show from the first airing of the movie. And have already pre-ordered the Season One DVD. So many of my favourite shows get cancelled for stupid shows. Please reconsider any decision to cancel. Give the show another chance. Look at the history of TV how many shows did not get very good ratings in the beginning but became cult classics. I beg of you please give "Knight Rider" a chance.

Signed Devoted Fan Donna

Viewtifulish

[6]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 3
    Welll you know ever since SSC was shut down by Government...Graiman died....the show died too...they spoilt it....it was so cool with the backing of the government and all those ppl working together....now it kinda sux...

fick11

[7]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/12/knight_rider_not_canceled_says_gst.php

Take a look at this !!

crazyjaysilence

[8]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 2
    I have to agree with a lot of the other messages on the board over the show. It has great possibilities and was a great FIRST season. I think with some more effort, writing brought up to standard again and more of a challenge to the team Knight Rider could work. I do enjoy the return of one episode storylining as the original series used to but I think it should evolve to have larger storylines. KARR was a perfect example. I am hoping they will bring it back, we are losing TV shows too often before their time recently

Arxenio

[9]May 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    Well i went to NBC.com today and found out that Knight Rider is no longer on the Current Shows Menu. That means cancellation to me.

Brunete20

[10]May 6, 2009
    • level: 63
    Knight Rider was officially canceled on May 3.

drdan2410

[11]May 7, 2009
    • level: 52

Brunete20 wrote:

I am gutted. That was such a good show.

DuoMaxwell007

[12]May 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    well at least show us a link or something you saying it proves nothing unless of course youre someone special (like a abc exec or someone who works on th eKR show) and i dont know it? lol

gregorSLO18

[13]May 17, 2009
    • level: 11
    How are things standing wright now?
    Edited on 05/17/2009 5:04am

Jox09

[14]May 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    This is a sad, sad day indeed. Why does every show have to be so serious to stay on the air. One of the reasons Knight Rider was a good show, as like the original, it didn't take itself too seriously. That's what made it entertaining...

Andreaz1

[15]May 27, 2009
    • level: 10
    I completely agree with you Jox, this is sad news. I really wanted the show to go on, but oh well... Will have to wait for the DVD to come out now.

Lbuwu

[16]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    This show has just started in the UK and i LOVE IT. I m so upset that it has been cancelled. BRING IT BACK! BRING IT BACK! WHY DO THE TV GODS TAUNT US WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

wolf99000

[17]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    Brunete20 wrote:

maybe not there has been no official statement from nbc that I have seen saying that only that it was not on the new schedules the last official thing I read was they were waiting for international viewing figures and anyone will tell you that the show is getting amazing ratings in other countries in the uk sci fi is getting the highest ratings its ever had with it so there still might be a faint chance it could be on hiatus till they know the figures also the cast are still being paid and don't know about it being canceled which you would think they would if it was

KevinWakeling0

[18]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 1
    As a huge fan to the original & this series of Knight Rider, & am not sure about this, but there is a rumour that there is a season 2 of Knight Rider will air this September on the 24th on NBC. I hope this is true because nearly all of the other shows on NBC are absolute crap & they are getting huge rating for this series in the UK & other Countries including Australia.

AS A TRUE FAN OF KNIGHT RIDER, I AM BEGGING YOU NBC TO CONTINUE MAKING THIS SERIES OTHERWISE US VIEWERS WONT WATCH ANYTHING ON YOUR NETWORK EVER AGAIN!.

RhinoReturns

[19]Jul 21, 2009
    • level: 5
    I'm not at all surprised. In fact, I'm surprised it got as far as it did, to be honest.

I thought I'd really enjoy the new take on Knight Rider, but I wasn't able to get into it at all. People say the original never took itself too seriously. I was about 10 when that show was in its prime, and I remember loving it, running around in the garden or at school, talking into my watch, imagining KITT coming to get me. Granted, it's over 20 years later, but as a 10 year-old, Knight Rider seemed more believable, fun AND serious. I was not consciously aware of it not taking itself seriously. We say that now, but did we think that then?

Anyway, it's merely an opinion because I just didn't feel the magic with the new version. As for those in mourning, please accept my condolences.

webe123

[20]Aug 6, 2009
    • level: 4
    RhinoReturns wrote:
    I'm not at all surprised. In fact, I'm surprised it got as far as it did, to be honest.

I thought I'd really enjoy the new take on Knight Rider, but I wasn't able to get into it at all. People say the original never took itself too seriously. I was about 10 when that show was in its prime, and I remember loving it, running around in the garden or at school, talking into my watch, imagining KITT coming to get me. Granted, it's over 20 years later, but as a 10 year-old, Knight Rider seemed more believable, fun AND serious. I was not consciously aware of it not taking itself seriously. We say that now, but did we think that then?

Anyway, it's merely an opinion because I just didn't feel the magic with the new version. As for those in mourning, please accept my condolences.

I agree TOTALLY with what you said! I am glad this series as well as bionic woman and BSG are all GONE! I am hoping that originality will return to writing and writers will get over copying someone else's work and try to write THEIR OWN MATERIAL!

People can say what they want about the original series, but at LEAST it was original material. Which is more than you can say for some shows today!