Knight Rider Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

Why the Mustang?

SirCaresAlot

[1]Dec 18, 2007
    • level: 3
    Ford seriously is milking that new mustang. Chevy is no better...the new camaro in transformers. Way to whore out guys.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ltcomstella

[2]Dec 21, 2007
    • level: 18

check out the new bullit mustang and tht should give u an idea

also i spose mustang need sales to keep afloat so they have indeed whored out

i reckon a certain ferrari in black would be cool / better (made an apperance in tkr as KARRoh the horror)

hell even the early rumour of the keonigsegg ccx would of been much more fun to watch yet the cost of one of those is a couple of 100k

jimnkathye

[3]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    I'm sure the producers want to use a car that has an established history, is very recognizable and is STILL going to be in production for the next couple of decades. MUSTANG RULES!!

gc82000

[4]Dec 24, 2007
    • level: 5

WTF

KITT is a damn Trans Am, whatever happened to sticking with the story?

Brunete20

[5]Dec 27, 2007
    • level: 63
    gc82000 wrote:

WTF

They surely can't have another Trans Am in the movie because they don'tmake them anymore and I doubt they wanted old ones in the show. I don't see anyone complaining about not having David Hasselhoff star in the remake, he just has a small guest role. Its just a car, granted it a Ford Shelby GT500 thathas a kickin 540 ponies under the hood. Oh and did I forget to say that they are not only using one mustang, but THREE!?!?! There is the KITT Attack, KITT Hero, and KITT remote controlled. But I guess people always need something to complain about!

SirCaresAlot wrote:
    Ford seriously is milking that new mustang. Chevy is no better...the new camaro in transformers. Way to whore out guys.

Milking the New mustang? The new body style has been out for three years already!!

Edited on 12/27/2007 8:40am

GTO_Chick

[6]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 1

The Mustang should be indication that this series is just not meant to be remade. It is a true insult to the original series and the fact that the Mustang is the best they could come up with is just further reason not to bring it back. What a disappointment to many die hard fans of the original series. I know many who will not be watching for the simple fact it is a Mustang.

aredo3604

[7]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 6
    GTO_Chick wrote:

The Mustang should be indication that this series is just not meant to be remade. It is a true insult to the original series and the fact that the Mustang is the best they could come up with is just further reason not to bring it back. What a disappointment to many die hard fans of the original series. I know many who will not be watching for the simple fact it is a Mustang.

If they use shape-shifting CGI effects and reveal another more futuristic advanced model than a Mustang.. Ford has many prototypes they could use .. I hope Universal/NBC can come up with some excellent CGI effect for the shape-shifting K.I.T.T. attack/pursuit mode.

Jambo_1

[8]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 2

I'm really annoy by mustang haters. You really expect NBC the Camaro, well they not going to, since GM motor dosen't want to be involve with the series and New firebird is not even release yet.How about the italian mustang as KITT battle mode. thehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/rikus_rautenbach/573966566/

I do like tha old Knight Rider, and i find the new series interesting.

Edited on 01/20/2008 12:55pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Freeman79

[9]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 11
    Were is the red neon light?

sjrlost

[10]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 7
    Brunete20 wrote:
    gc82000 wrote:

WTF

They surely can't have another Trans Am in the movie because they don'tmake them anymore and I doubt they wanted old ones in the show. I don't see anyone complaining about not having David Hasselhoff star in the remake, he just has a small guest role. Its just a car, granted it a Ford Shelby GT500 thathas a kickin 540 ponies under the hood. Oh and did I forget to say that they are not only using one mustang, but THREE!?!?! There is the KITT Attack, KITT Hero, and KITT remote controlled. But I guess people always need something to complain about!

SirCaresAlot wrote:

Milking the New mustang? The new body style has been out for three years already!!

I agree. If they didn't whore it out it wouldn't be America.

DLiver420

[11]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    The true and simple answer is this: When NBC went to the car manufacturers and asked for offers, Ford submitted the highest bid. Don't think for a second that KITT wouldn't have been a black Acura had Honda offered more money. This is nothing new, General Motors was a big sponsor of the original Knight Rider when KITT was a TA.
    Edited on 02/06/2008 10:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

anorthview

[12]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 13
    It is incredibly stupid for KITT to be a ford, was a Pontiac should be a Pontiac, unless this show will revolve around a car that breaks down constantly, and is a pain in the rear to work on, then yes perfect car, otherwise dumb decision, KITT should still be a TransAm/Camaro!
    Edited on 02/15/2008 9:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

anorthview

[13]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 13
    DLiver420 wrote:
    The true and simple answer is this: When NBC went to the car manufacturers and asked for offers, Ford submitted the highest bid. Don't think for a second that KITT wouldn't have been a black Acura had Honda offered more money. This is nothing new, General Motors was a big sponsor of the original Knight Rider when KITT was a TA.

No the reason KITT was originally a Trans-Am was b/c it was "THE" performance car of the 80's, they pursued GM not the other way around.

OdumCarlock

[14]Feb 17, 2008
    • level: 12
    Kitt is supposed to be stylish and sleek... not a tired musclecar.

the promo posters should have had it on the side of the road with the hood up and smoke pouring out...

Hey at least KITT can call his own tow trucks...

rrhoen

[15]Feb 18, 2008

OdumCarlock wrote:
    Kitt is supposed to be stylish and sleek... not a tired musclecar. the promo posters should have had it on the side of the road with the hood up and smoke pouring out... Hey at least KITT can call his own tow trucks...

I agree, KITT shouldn't be a musclecar. It should be American made though. Fits the series better.

SNMustang

[16]Feb 18, 2008
    Mustangs are great cars, I love mine. They have been around since 1964 and they aren't going any where any time soon.

gcswift2

[17]Feb 19, 2008
    • level: 9

Why the mustang? Well...

• Its the only American 2 seater Muscle Car. (Ok 2+2)
    • It can blend in anywhere
    • Its pretty common to upgrade the Mustang
    • Ford Paid alot
    • The Corvette was too expensive

Why not...

• The SOLID REAR AXEL (like on the Model T)
    • Its too common looking
    • People who like to drive (around corners), hate them.
    • The hilarity of a car based on 1917 technology being loaded with ultra high tech
    • The propaganda value of a car that gets 10 mpg in the real world supposedly getting 100+ mpg on TV.

kalshakamel

[18]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 4

The mustang is the perfect car theres nothing like a big mean machine and should look as powerfull as kit really is so all out there whos cares its a class car looks amazing stop crying its there for good would you perfer it to be a bus.

Mustang Forever

OdumCarlock

[19]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    kalshakamel wrote:

The mustang is the perfect car theres nothing like a big mean machine and should look as powerfull as kit really is so all out there whos cares its a class car looks amazing stop crying its there for good would you perfer it to be a bus.

Mustang Forever

They might as well make it a bus if they're going to stoop to making it a mustang.

SirCaresAlot

[20]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 3
    To be honest, I was stating the fact that Ford seems to be whoring out ALOT. I mean look at American Idol...their icon is everywhere. Don't get me wrong, the Mustang is cool. I don't hate the Mustang. The only thing I can hate about it creates huge egos and some ability to believe they can beat every car on the road. I know that's the truth...any car guy knows a mustang can create a huge a-hole of people. I'm just tried of Ford whoring out to everyone.
    Edited on 03/02/2008 2:06am