Knight Rider

Knight To King's Pawn

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jan 21, 2009 on NBC

• Reboot failure

Oh where to begin. This is supposed to be one of the new rebooted episodes, and already I see this series going down the drain fast. So we begin with KITT getting deactivated, and seconds before deactivation, he dumps all his programming files onto the internet. Ok, so, anyone who has access to the internet can download Dr. Grainman’s hard-earned effort with a single click. Bright idea. Next we see the SSC come back to life through hacking and regeneration...which is the only believable part in this episode. Then Mike goes and saves KITT and, despite missing an important programming packet, is still able to function. HOW?? Then we see KARR come to life. Finally, a good villain that is capable of destruction. But then he gets destroyed in a matter of minutes... Can someone explain to me how KARR died so instantaneously?? Isn’t he supposed to be the ultimate bad guy, and he dies in a couple of minutes? This reminds of the Transformers movie where Megatron is killed by a kid. So unrealistic. And if they actually kept KARR alive, this series would’ve had some surprising plots. I guess they are destined to ruin this series after its reboot.