Krypto: the Superdog

Attack of the Virtual Vegetables

Aired Weekdays 12:00 PM Apr 24, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• OK, not my favorite storyline, but still pretty entertaining, partly thanks to some comic relief from Streaky.

You just knew they'd get around to the 'characters zapped into a video game' plot eventually and here it is. Fortunately there are some clever touches once Kevin gets inside the game, fighting an odd assortment of vegetables and Krypto tries to figure out how to save him.
    Just when things are starting to drag, Streaky pops up and provides some much-needed comedy relief. I laughed when he began banging on the computer in his first attempt to save Kevin. As far as I'm concerned, Streaky saves the day AND the episode.
    Things move along fast but considering the nature of this storyline and only having 11 minutes to work with, the writer was probably wise to focus on the comedy and not on an intricately plotted adventure.
    Like most of the stories so far this season, there seems to be an attempt to bolster the comedy content of the show and this episode does succeed at providing some good laughs. That's enough for me to give it a positive review.