Krypto: the Superdog

Diaper Madness

Aired Weekdays 12:00 PM Apr 07, 2005 on Cartoon Network

• A teleportation device gets stuck in Melaine's diaper.

I personally think they could have done better with the plotting of the episode, like airing the original one that was made. I will admit that the plot was pretty funny. My overall rating for this episode is a 9.1 out of 10. I really can't say that I didn't enjoy this one.
  • I suppose that's the proper word for it. The episode shows a bit more about the actual show itself.

One day, Kevin's mom has to go into the city (you'll see why later) and has put Kevin in charge of watching Melanie for the rest of the day. Krypto's excited, but Kevin...not so much. The scene shifts to STAR Labs, where a teleportation device is on display after completion. But when the lab rats get loose, one of them steps on the button on the teleporter and ends up in Kevin's backyard. After finding it and experimenting with it, he accidentally ends up in the sky and is saved by Krypto at the last minute, but drops the device. And where else would it end up but in Melanie's diaper. Oblivious that she has it, they search around for it and are surprised when Melanie suddenly disappears. After searching around, they discover her in their neighbor's house and try to get her before she gets caught. Before Krypto can rescue her, she sits down and teleports away again. Now, on a frantic search from high and low across the city, Krypto and Kevin try to find her before she gets hurt. Eventually, she ends up in a construction yard for a building for Lexcorp, where Kevin's mom is protesting along with a group of others to stop the building of it. Kevin finds Melanie, but by accident they both end up on top of the Daily Planet ring, and Krypto finally saves them. The teleporter falls out of Melanie's diaper and onto the Lexcorp structure, wisking it away into the bay. In the end, Kevin gives the device to Krypto to give to Superman so that he can return it to the right place.

This is definitely something I haven't seen before, but I do like it. Lex Luthor makes an appearance here, as well as Louis Lane (sources say she's the reporter, though I can't confirm this right now). This has the Superdog feel to it, alright. Also, the Metropolis citizens seem to acknowledge Superdog like they would Superman (Lex still hates Superdog though...). I loved it, and I can't say there was anything wrong with it, but it's not one of my top favorites. Still, it gets a 9.6/10