Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

animals and humans

SharanMcQuack

[1]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 11

With this show's mix of animals and humans, it's starting to remind me of Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers and I'm not sure that's a good thing. You might want to ease up on using Lex Luthor, he's a bit over the top in the deliously evil department. Almost a characature.

I did love the Dog Stars. UFO fire hydrant! Hot dog the weiner dog! Let's see more ot them.

Edited on 09/30/2006 9:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[2]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 10

Er, I'm afraid I'm not quite getting what you're saying here.

Addressing the Lex thing (partially, at least): Lex has only appeared on-screen in... what, two episodes?

Edited on 09/30/2006 1:27pm

Ladsone

[3]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 13
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Er, I'm afraid I'm not quite getting what you're saying here.

Addressing the Lex thing: Lex has only appeared on-screen in... what, two episodes?

You would be correct 3starvingartist.  Lex has appeared in "A Bugs Strife" and "Diaper Madness".

LADSONE

3StarvingArtist

[4]Sep 30, 2006
    That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming that, Ladsone.

Fekul_the_Baby

[5]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 15
    Why did the artists alter Lex's design so radically from S:TAS? "Caricature" is the right word: he looks almost reptillian. And why is Ignatious so...effette?

Notice, also, that Isis was a blackish cat (a Russian blue, I believe) in B:TAS, but here she appears to be a Siamese. Do any other villain masters, like Joker, Penguin, or Catwoman ever put in an appearance? Or does the Bat-Embargo apply here?

Isaac6356

[6]Oct 26, 2006
    • level: 15

At least Lex is still bald. O.o

No one else ever appears unfortunately. Sad but true.

3StarvingArtist

[7]Oct 26, 2006

Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    Why did the artists alter Lex's design so radically from S:TAS? "Caricature" is the right word: he looks almost reptillian. And why is Ignatious so...effette?

I don't like how they have Lex looking in KTSD either. The Telly Savalas(sp?)-esque design he has in S:TAS and JLU was just fine to me. No comment on Iggy.

Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    Notice, also, that Isis was a blackish cat (a Russian blue, I believe) in B:TAS, but here she appears to be a Siamese. Do any other villain masters, like Joker, Penguin, or Catwoman ever put in an appearance? Or does the Bat-Embargo apply here?

Good question. The Bat-Embargo might be why we don't see any famous DC villains or heroes. Wasn't there also a recent Superman-Embargo too, because of the recent film?

BTW, I have no idea why they made Isis a siamese and didn't keep her B:TAS design.

SharanMcQuack

[8]Oct 28, 2006
    It could be a different Isis, that was how many years ago? Cats don't live all that long.

3StarvingArtist

[9]Oct 28, 2006
    Good point. I'm not sure of the timeframe that this series is occuring in, but KTSD-Isis could be a new cat.

Naylte

[10]Mar 19, 2008
    SharanMcQuack wrote:

With this show's mix of animals and humans, it's starting to remind me of Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

Well, I can think of only one instance where I was clearly reminded of CDRR. In the episode 'Streaky's Super Cat Tale' the ploy used by Mechanikat in Streaky's tall-tale is uncannily similar to the one used in the first CDRR episode.

Nevada-the-wolf

[11]Mar 24, 2008

3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Good point. I'm not sure of the timeframe that this series is occuring in, but KTSD-Isis could be a new cat.

Actually even though KTSD is thought to be seperate from other shows in the DCAU Paul Dini one of the writers from the show as well as S:TAS B:TAS,etc...stated that Krypto IS part of the rest of the DCAU timeline like S:TAS and JLU.

3StarvingArtist

[12]Mar 24, 2008
    But I never said that Krypto was seperate from the other DCAU shows. What I was saying was that perhaps the original Isis Catwoman owned in B:TAS had died sometime ago, and siamese-Isis could be a new one.

Tho it's interesting to learn that KTSD does indeed belong to the DCAU timeline.

suss2it

[13]Apr 7, 2008
    • level: 14
    Nevada-the-wolf wrote:

3StarvingArtist wrote:

Actually even though KTSD is thought to be seperate from other shows in the DCAU Paul Dini one of the writers from the show as well as S:TAS B:TAS,etc...stated that Krypto IS part of the rest of the DCAU timeline like S:TAS and JLU.

Where did he say this, because that is quite interesting.

Nevada-the-wolf

[14]Apr 8, 2008
    suss2it wrote:
    Nevada-the-wolf wrote:

3StarvingArtist wrote:

Where did he say this, because that is quite interesting.

Don't know if I remeber but I think it was one a DC forum. Someone had posted Paul Dini stated Krypto being part of the DCAU timeline, I think he explained it in an interview about the show and a few other DC comic related series.