Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Catwoman's cat too sexy?

teenagersrule15

[1]Apr 1, 2007
    • level: 6
    Well, i was watching-uh i mean glancing(lol) at Krypto the superdog the other day and noticed the way Catwoman's cat talks and acts is just so hooker-ish(i'm sorry but it's true) i mean it's a little kids show come on! Has anybody else noticed this and are little kids ready for this?!?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

3StarvingArtist

[2]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 10

Uh... wow. Just... wow.

To answer your question, no. Now look, I'm all for people having a difference of opinion, but this is a cartoon cat we're talking about here. A *cartoon cat*. 1.) She's supposed to emulate Catwoman to a certain extent, so yeah, she's going to be a femme fatale-type character. Little kids aren't going to be looking at Isis (the cat) and going "That's one sexy cat". You might have a point if she was propostioning other characters or doing stuff like that, but she never did.

Question: what do you think about characters like Betty Boop, Fifi (from Tiny Toons Adventures), or Jasmine (from Aladdin)? 

Edited on 04/02/2007 10:23am
    Edited 4 total times.

teenagersrule15

[3]Apr 2, 2007
    Okay, first off i know she is a "cartoon cat", second my point was that maybe the creators of this cat should of toned down the way she talks, and third duh,accourse little kids ARE NOT going to say that's one sexy cat!!! What i think of Betty Boop is that she is WAY too loose,Fifi("Tiny Toons")is a little weird but okay,and Jasmine("Aladin")is fine cause she is supposed to be the way she is,IT'S A DIFFERENT COUNTRY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Damn, who knew u could make so many enemies here!!!

X-624

[4]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 12
    I think teenagersrule15 Has a Point I remember thinking Thats one Sexy Cat But Shes a Cat and realy Can't be Sexy to Dogs Like Krypto and Ace right.

Comickook

[5]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 9
    Actually, cartoon cats CAN be sexy to dogs sometimes. At least a lot of the Rita/Runt shippers would tell you that. :-D

In addition, I have an E-mail friend by the name of Mammal-Mage who loves doing bits that have Ace and Isis being married off-screen. :-D. I don't entirely agree with it, but I respect his views and get a few good laughs out of his bits.

Sorry to use an Animaniacs reference earlier when I referenced Rita and Runt, but I couldn't help myself. Anyway, I have no problems with attractive cartoons cats. For that matter, I have no trouble with ANY female cartoon character being sexy. I'm a MAJOR LEAGUE fan of Minerva Mink, Jessica Rabbit AND Red Hot Riding Hood.

3StarvingArtist

[6]Apr 4, 2007

teenagersrule15 wrote:
    third duh,accourse little kids ARE NOT going to say that's one sexy cat!!! What i think of Betty Boop is that she is WAY too loose,Fifi("Tiny Toons")is a little weird but okay,and Jasmine("Aladin")is fine cause she is supposed to be the way she is,IT'S A DIFFERENT COUNTRY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Damn, who knew u could make so many enemies here!!!

One: sweetie, please calm the heck down. I was being polite in my post, but it's nice to see that you're the typical 'Net denizen/TV.com patron: you automatically think someone's your enemy if they disagree with you. I'm more then willing to debate this like a, y'know, *adult* if you are. If not, then I have better things to do then talk to a close-minded Puritan.

Now, how on God's green earth is Isis loose? Please, provide examples of this. REAL examples, not, "Well, she talks like a whore!" or something. I just hate this "Won't someone please think of the children!" attitude pple have nowadays (how about taking some actual responsibility for kids' behavior and quit blaming it on TV and the like?). Kids have been watching sexy cartoons for years, and I don't know where you come from or what the kids are like there, but I have yet to meet or hear about any child whose been traumatized by seeing Isis, Betty Boop, or any other sexy cartoon, or dress provacatively because of them, etc. Kids really don't give a crap. The only ones that do are the ones that have been taught to parrot what mommy and daddy think and say.

The strong impression I get from your posts is that Isis is somehow warping the pwecious little kiddies. Perhaps I missed that "very special" KTSD episode "Isis Does Gotham". If that's not what you're trying to say about Isis, then why don't you explain to me more clearly? I'm not a proud woman and can admit when I'm wrong.

Hmm... what are your views on sexy male cartoon characters, BTW? Are they also dirty prostitutes who endanger this country's youth like the females do? Please, enlighten us.

Edited on 04/04/2007 10:27pm
    Edited 3 total times.

teenagersrule15

[7]Apr 5, 2007

Okay cutie pie, i'm not a "Puritan", i was just being silly by saying "what will the children think" or something, and i never actually said Isis(catwoman's cat) was "too loose" i said BETTY BOOP was too loose when u asked me those sarcastic questions. And "whatever yor name is" i really don't give a crap about what kids think or how will effect them, i just wanted to point out how Catwoman's cat acts!

3StarvingArtist

[8]Apr 6, 2007
    teenagersrule15 wrote:

Okay cutie pie, i'm not a "Puritan", i was just being silly by saying "what will the children think" or something, and i never actually said Isis(catwoman's cat) was "too loose" i said BETTY BOOP was too loose when u asked me those sarcastic questions. And "whatever yor name is" i really don't give a crap about what kids think or how will effect them, i just wanted to point out how Catwoman's cat acts!

teenagersrule15 wrote:
    Well, i was watching-uh i mean glancing(lol) at Krypto the superdog the other day and noticed the way Catwoman's cat talks and acts is just so hooker-ish(i'm sorry but it's true) i mean it's a little kids show come on! Has anybody else noticed this and are little kids ready for this?!?

This post certainly doesn't look like an attempt at being "silly". Perhaps you should make that clearer next time. Your post looked like you were being dead serious. And quite frankly, now it just seems like you don't like being called out or disagreed with and you're trying to backpedal by saying that initially you merely wanted to point out how Isis acts and was "being silly".

My questions weren't meant to be sarcastic, believe it or not. You just took them that way. Perhaps my question should've been "How does Isis act hooker-ish?"

Also, now you're saying that you "don't give a crap about what kids think or how will effect them". Yet in your first post you wrote, "i mean it's a little kids show come on! Has anybody else noticed this and are little kids ready for this?!?" So which is it? You don't care about kids, or do you honestly think that they're not ready for a character like Isis? Honestly, you've both lost and confrused (yes, I said confrused) me with your flip-flopping and "sillyness".

And again, seriously, chillax.

Edited on 04/07/2007 12:18pm
    Edited 6 total times.

teenagersrule15

[9]Apr 7, 2007
    Okay, u r right i don't like being called out and i first just thought that the creators of this cartoon made Isis's character too strong,when i said what about the children or whatever i was just being funny(with that comment)but it did come across my mind that kids maybe shouldn't be seeing that on a cartoon for heaven sake but good grief i'm not an extremist about this and i'm under 21 how old r u(just answering av question asked earlier).

3StarvingArtist

[10]Apr 8, 2007
    I'm 22. Seeing as how we're prolly not going to convince each other that one's right over the other, we can always just agree to disagree over this whole matter.

Fekul_the_Baby

[12]May 2, 2007
    • level: 15
    Just watch cats interact sometime--the females can be very flirty teases, often seductive one moment and violent the next. If you think Isis is bad, check out what Hanna-Barbera did in the forties with "Tom and Jerry". Tom was always getting in trouble over pretty girl cats (which is more or less actual male cat behavior, although of course they don't play bass fiddle and sing "Is You Is Or Is You Aint My Baby" under the balcony). Cartoons weren't just for kids then.

I wonder if the artists deliberately chose to recreate Isis as a Siamese for the breed's natural and graceful womanly curves? And is her voice actress trying to imitate some old film star in her delivery?

Isaac6356

[13]May 2, 2007
    • level: 15

Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    Just watch cats interact sometime--the females can be very flirty teases, often seductive one moment and violent the next. If you think Isis is bad, check out what Hanna-Barbera did in the forties with "Tom and Jerry". Tom was always getting in trouble over pretty girl cats (which is more or less actual male cat behavior, although of course they don't play bass fiddle and sing "Is You Is Or Is You Aint My Baby" under the balcony). Cartoons weren't just for kids then. I wonder if the artists deliberately chose to recreate Isis as a Siamese for the breed's natural and graceful womanly curves? And is her voice actress trying to imitate some old film star in her delivery?

Well I don't know about that, but all her voice reminds me of is Kagura from Inuyasha. But you got a point there, and you are right.

3StarvingArtist

[14]May 3, 2007
    Fekul_the_Baby wrote:
    Just watch cats interact sometime--the females can be very flirty teases, often seductive one moment and violent the next. If you think Isis is bad, check out what Hanna-Barbera did in the forties with "Tom and Jerry". Tom was always getting in trouble over pretty girl cats (which is more or less actual male cat behavior, although of course they don't play bass fiddle and sing "Is You Is Or Is You Aint My Baby" under the balcony). Cartoons weren't just for kids then.

I wonder if the artists deliberately chose to recreate Isis as a Siamese for the breed's natural and graceful womanly curves? And is her voice actress trying to imitate some old film star in her delivery?

Now, this man knows what he's talking about. Cartoons in the old days had lots of "nod-nod-wink-wink" type humor aimed at adults and similar stuff. Porky Pig actually cursed in one cartoon, I believe. Good point about the possibility of KTSD's creators changing Isis' breeding to make her appear more sultry and her VA's apparent imitation of old cinema stars. Who does Isis' voice, anywho?

BTW, Toodles, Tom's squeeze (or intended squeeze), was pretty hillarious.

bugzzbunny525

[15]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 1
    dude i hate little kid cartoons but i have to admit even though i hate the show some cartoon charecters are kinda hot

bugzzbunny525

[16]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 1
    15 is right lil kids shoudent watch shows were the charecters look lick he was right sluts

Nevada-the-wolf

[17]Jul 3, 2008
    • level: 13

Ok, you need to leave this board if you don't like the show then DON'T come here!

Most cartoons from back in the day and some that are still intact have PG type material, you won't find a lot of cartoons made for the 9-12 age group that are G-rated anymore. For example shows like the justice league animated series were made for teens and comic fans although I have heard some 9-12 olds do watch the show, back when I was 5 I didn't really have an interest in watching the Superman animated series, now I'm 17 and watch some of the re-runs on toon disney. But Krypto is on the top of my list as far as comic based series cause I love dogs and animals in general.

Getting bac to the cat hting I didn't really notice it I mean she's just a cat!

Cats in real life often rub up against or mess with people, dogs and other cats even if the person or dog doesn't like it. For example whenever my Dad's gone over to a person's house and they have a cat they let the cat rub up against him and they're like:

"oh, she likes you"

for the most part they don't move the cat into another room or anything

3StarvingArtist

[18]Jul 3, 2008

Anyone know how to report trolls to the mod?

Edited on 07/12/2008 12:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.

dbcsdragon

[19]Jul 31, 2008
    • level: 12

I never thought of Isis as being sexy. She just mimics Catwoman's seductiveness, which is still G-rated compared to a lot of cartoons out there. I'm not really sure what the problem is with cats rubbing against legs. It's not ike they are trying to play footsie. Dogs on the other hand will outright hump your leg, even after being snipped.

When I was young, Betty Boop and Jessica Rabbit offended me a little bit by the way they were dressed and how they acted. Now Jessica Rabbit was outright hooker-ish, but she was still G-rated. As to Jasmine, I thought she was beautifully done. At least her bust wasn't being overly exsentuated.

bugzzbunny525 wrote:
    15 is right lil kids shoudent watch shows were the charecters look lick he was right sluts

Unless you speak a different language and have difficulty with English spelling and grammar, could you please write a little more legibly. Your post makes absolutely no sense.

3StarvingArtist

[20]Jul 31, 2008

Just ignore Bugzz, Dbcsdragon, s / h / it is just a troll. BTW, welcome aboard -- nice to know that there's still pple here at TV.com who comprehend logic and can use proper English.

On the main subject: I was watching Wordworld, a show meant for preschoolers, and a female cat on there had a sultry voice. Generally, as was said, female cats are depicted as slinky and feminine, and I don't believe that the pple behind theses shows are trying to brainwash children or something. I'm not even sure where such thinking comes from - if animated cats disturbs you that much, then don't let your kid watch. Problem solved (er, that was directed at the folks complaining about cartoon cats).

As for animated female characters like Betty Boop, they never offended me, when I was kid (didn't really notice/care then) or even now.

Edited on 08/01/2008 7:34am
    Edited 2 total times.