Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode Ideas

  • Avatar of Ladsone

    Ladsone

    [421]Aug 15, 2005
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 380
    Thanks Comickook. Sometimes I wonder if all dogs would like to have someone else take their shots for them? Kinda makes you go hmmmmm doesn't it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [422]Aug 15, 2005
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    Very good, Ladsone. I wondered how Kevin and Krypto would handle the license and shot situation. I guess a similar-type plan would probably work for Streaky, too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Comickook

    Comickook

    [423]Aug 15, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,183
    Yeah, probably, catfan1.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ladsone

    Ladsone

    [424]Aug 16, 2005
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 380
    Hi Guys (and gals) - Scott and I will be having lunch next Tuesday at 12:00. Unfortunately, the restaurant does not have wireless access (yet), so I will have to check and see if there is a wireless link in the immediate area to connect to. Will keep you posted as the time draws nearer.

    LADSONE
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Comickook

    Comickook

    [425]Aug 16, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,183
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hi Guys (and gals) - Scott and I will be having lunch next Tuesday at 12:00. Unfortunately, the restaurant does not have wireless access (yet), so I will have to check and see if there is a wireless link in the immediate area to connect to. Will keep you posted as the time draws nearer.

    LADSONE


    Thanks immensely, Ladsone. Very much obliged.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [426]Aug 20, 2005
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    Here's an odd little story idea that just kind of came to me today. I like these stories set in the future: I feel a little more free with these, not having to worry so much about contradicting any established continuity.

    Princess times two

    It's about a year later in one possible future for Krypto and company. After her owner abdicates the throne and moves to Metropolis, Princess is assigned to the Catalian cultural office there and she and Streaky are seeing a lot of each other. With distance no longer an issue, they are now definitely a couple.
    One day Streaky says he wants her to see something he says is really interesting. They go to STAR Labs and Streaky shows the duplicating ray that gave him Krypto's powers. Princess looks on interested as as Streaky points out, then accidentally bumps into the device. Suddenly the ray comes alive and it brushes lightly against Princess, but the force is still enough to knock her down. An alarmed Streaky rushes over to check on her, but she seems to be alright. For a second Streaky thinks he sees two Princesses. He looks again and there is now only one Princess so he shrugs it off.
    The next day Streaky is shocked to learn that Princess is accused of betraying her country. Video shows her stealing the country's jewels she was supposed to be protecting. He tells Krypto there must be a mistake. When he mentions the incident with the duplicating ray, Krypto is alarmed and says they need to check up on Princess right now. She tells them she was asleep when the jewels were stolen, but, oddly, she dreamed about watching herself commit the theft. Krypto says that doesn't sound good, but Streaky, arms folded, says firmly there is no way Princess did it.
    Then they see a shadow of something lurking nearby, Krypto chases it and brings back a cat that looks like Princess. Streaky says it must be the duplicate of her. But she angrily hisses that she's Katie, Isis's former partner in crime and she's now gone straight. Krypto asks what she did with the jewels, but Katie says she wouldn't know, Princess took them. This makes Streaky really angry and Krypto has to calm him down. Katie says she is only there because she thought there might be an opening for a new royal cat. Streaky tells her to get out.
    Krypto says they will guard the remaining jewel collection tonight and see what happens. They tell Princess to stay out of it and watch as she heads for her room and locks the door. Streaky watches the front of the building while Krypto watches the back. At about 2 a.m. The building's electricity goes out and all alarms are disabled. Streaky hears a window open. He watches as a figure heads for the jewel display.
    Meanwhile in the back of the building, Krypto also watches as a figure heads for the jewel display. There is the sound of hissing and snarling as two cats battle in front of the jewel case. The lights come back on and they are surprised to see Princess and Katie fighting. Princess says she had to do something to stop the theft. Streaky says wait a minute and goes to Princess's room. Sure enough, she is also in her room. Streaky has her come downstairs and there are now two Princesses as well as her near-lookalike Katie. In an odd moment, the two Princesses head toward one another and one seems to absorb the other. Princess says she now remembers what happened. She unconsciously split into two while she was sleeping and saw Katie attempt to frame her for the theft. The other Princess spent the day outside following Katie, trying to clear her name. She says she fooled Isis by pretending to be Katie that afternoon, while Katie was with Krypto and Streaky, and can lead them to Isis's hideout and the jewels.
    Krypto asks her if she's okay. Princess admits it is all kind of weird, remembering being in two different places at the same time, but she feels fine.
    Krypto and the Dog Stars say they will help Princess learn to control her new abilities. Streaky notes they are becoming a regular family of crimefighters.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Comickook

    Comickook

    [427]Aug 20, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,183
    Bravo once more, catfan1. Definitely a very enjoyable piece to share. Emotional in just the right areas without sacrificing entertainment in the slightest, too, which is another major plus.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [428]Aug 21, 2005
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    Thanks, Comickook. I could see this one as a more detailed story sometime if I get amibitious enough. It might be entertaining to see more of Streaky's reaction on finding out Princess could be in two places at once. That was something I really didn't think about when I first came up with this.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Comickook

    Comickook

    [429]Aug 21, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,183
    catfan1 wrote:
    Thanks, Comickook. I could see this one as a more detailed story sometime if I get amibitious enough. It might be entertaining to see more of Streaky's reaction on finding out Princess could be in two places at once. That was something I really didn't think about when I first came up with this.


    Yeah. Admittedly, given some of the things Streaky's probably seen over the past year, he's probably pretty used to strange stuff by now, but you've still got a pretty entertaining idea.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gideonbernstein

    gideonbernstein

    [430]Aug 22, 2005
    • member since: 03/23/05
    • level: 43
    • rank: K.I.T.T
    • posts: 1,285
    Here's one from me.

    Melanine: The Super Baby.

    Red kryponite temorarly trasfers all of Krypto's superpowers to Melanine. Now he and Kevin have to deal with a spuerbaby running around Metropolis as a mnormal dog.

    Comments?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Comickook

    Comickook

    [431]Aug 22, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,183
    gideonbernstein wrote:
    Here's one from me.

    Melanine: The Super Baby.

    Red kryponite temorarly trasfers all of Krypto's superpowers to Melanine. Now he and Kevin have to deal with a spuerbaby running around Metropolis as a normal dog.

    Comments?


    Well, it's got potential. I'll definitely grant you that. Develop out a few more details and it could be quite workable.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ladsone

    Ladsone

    [432]Aug 23, 2005
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 380
    Hello Everyone -- Scott and I had lunch this afternoon, but he had to cut it short (he thought he said 11:00 instead of 12:00). We are planning to get together on Friday at lunch and discuss the episode and character ideas then. Will keep all of you up to date.

    LADSONE
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Comickook

    Comickook

    [433]Aug 23, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,183
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hello Everyone -- Scott and I had lunch this afternoon, but he had to cut it short (he thought he said 11:00 instead of 12:00). We are planning to get together on Friday at lunch and discuss the episode and character ideas then. Will keep all of you up to date.

    LADSONE


    Thanks again, Ladsone, for the updates. My definite sympathies about the misunderstanding.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [434]Aug 23, 2005
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    Comickook wrote:
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hello Everyone -- Scott and I had lunch this afternoon, but he had to cut it short (he thought he said 11:00 instead of 12:00). We are planning to get together on Friday at lunch and discuss the episode and character ideas then. Will keep all of you up to date.

    LADSONE


    Thanks again, Ladsone, for the updates. My definite sympathies about the misunderstanding.


    Yes, thanks for keeping us posted, Ladsone. Hope your Friday lunch goes well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Comickook

    Comickook

    [435]Aug 23, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,183
    catfan1 wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hello Everyone -- Scott and I had lunch this afternoon, but he had to cut it short (he thought he said 11:00 instead of 12:00). We are planning to get together on Friday at lunch and discuss the episode and character ideas then. Will keep all of you up to date.

    LADSONE


    Thanks again, Ladsone, for the updates. My definite sympathies about the misunderstanding.


    Yes, thanks for keeping us posted, Ladsone. Hope your Friday lunch goes well.


    Same for me, Ladsone. Of course, you probably already guessed that, but I figured I'd say it anyway.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [436]Aug 24, 2005
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    Ladsone, and anyone else who may be interested in submitting ideas or scripts, if you haven't yet, you might want to look at "How to Write for Animation" by Jeffrey Scott. The book includes tips on writing scripts and it's a good source of background information on how the business works. I checked it out last week and it's a very good read.
    I'm thinking of trying some of the ideas in the book. I admit, it sounds like an uphill battle, but it could be a fun challenge if you're realistic about the odds.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ladsone

    Ladsone

    [437]Aug 24, 2005
    • member since: 06/19/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 380
    Thanks for the info Catfan1. I will definitely go by the bookstore and check it out. It couldn't hurt to bone up on my techniques and it will definitely help Casey out with his creative writing class in school this year.

    LADSONE
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [438]Aug 24, 2005
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    Maybe I should add I'm not sure I agree with everything in the book, but it's valuable to see how a professional animation writer goes about the process, from story idea to completed script. I did learn some things I didn't know, especially about the plotting process and how to format a script. I may never write cartoon scripts, but it's definitely stuff that can be applied to other writing projects.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Comickook

    Comickook

    [439]Aug 25, 2005
    • member since: 06/17/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,183
    catfan1 wrote:
    Maybe I should add I'm not sure I agree with everything in the book, but it's valuable to see how a professional animation writer goes about the process, from story idea to completed script. I did learn some things I didn't know, especially about the plotting process and how to format a script. I may never write cartoon scripts, but it's definitely stuff that can be applied to other writing projects.


    Yeah. I have no doubts that they could, catfan1. Anyway, I hope you don't mind the suggestion, but I was thinking a lot about a "possible future" story you could do involving Power Cat and Fire Hound. The idea also comes from inspiration you got from me. Remember how Squeaky got his powers from Streaky in your Power Cat origin story? What if that included the latent mental abilities he picked up from the zap that cured him of his invisibility? I was thinking that there could be this female cat the adult Squeaky could have his eye on and there could be this ultra-suave rival for her affections that runs the risk of making Squeaky jealous enough for one of the more dangerous powers he could have gotten from his uncle to end up becoming an issue. However, I think you could probably do a better job with the story than me because all I can really think of is the idea.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of catfan1

    catfan1

    [440]Aug 25, 2005
    • member since: 06/10/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 520
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:
    Maybe I should add I'm not sure I agree with everything in the book, but it's valuable to see how a professional animation writer goes about the process, from story idea to completed script. I did learn some things I didn't know, especially about the plotting process and how to format a script. I may never write cartoon scripts, but it's definitely stuff that can be applied to other writing projects.


    Yeah. I have no doubts that they could, catfan1. Anyway, I hope you don't mind the suggestion, but I was thinking a lot about a "possible future" story you could do involving Power Cat and Fire Hound. The idea also comes from inspiration you got from me. Remember how Squeaky got his powers from Streaky in your Power Cat origin story? What if that included the latent mental abilities he picked up from the zap that cured him of his invisibility? I was thinking that there could be this female cat the adult Squeaky could have his eye on and there could be this ultra-suave rival for her affections that runs the risk of making Squeaky jealous enough for one of the more dangerous powers he could have gotten from his uncle to end up becoming an issue. However, I think you could probably do a better job with the story than me because all I can really think of is the idea.


    I never mind story suggestions. I'll take what I can get! I've been thinking about the adult Squeaky as well and that is an intriguing idea, I'll give it some thought. I have to confess I sometimes have trouble with these ideas because I'm reluctant to mess with other people's characters and get stuff wrong, but I feel comfortable with the 'future Krypto' universe so I might be able to work with this idea.
    Another little project I'm working on is to come up with members of the 23rd Century version of the Dog Star Patrol to help battle my villain, Niccolo. (Anyone with suggestions, feel free!) I will try to set aside some writing time this weekend so maybe I can get some more ideas turned into story concepts in my spare time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.