Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode Ideas

Comickook

[441]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 9
    catfan1 wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:
    Maybe I should add I'm not sure I agree with everything in the book, but it's valuable to see how a professional animation writer goes about the process, from story idea to completed script. I did learn some things I didn't know, especially about the plotting process and how to format a script. I may never write cartoon scripts, but it's definitely stuff that can be applied to other writing projects.

Yeah. I have no doubts that they could, catfan1. Anyway, I hope you don't mind the suggestion, but I was thinking a lot about a "possible future" story you could do involving Power Cat and Fire Hound. The idea also comes from inspiration you got from me. Remember how Squeaky got his powers from Streaky in your Power Cat origin story? What if that included the latent mental abilities he picked up from the zap that cured him of his invisibility? I was thinking that there could be this female cat the adult Squeaky could have his eye on and there could be this ultra-suave rival for her affections that runs the risk of making Squeaky jealous enough for one of the more dangerous powers he could have gotten from his uncle to end up becoming an issue. However, I think you could probably do a better job with the story than me because all I can really think of is the idea.

I never mind story suggestions. I'll take what I can get! I've been thinking about the adult Squeaky as well and that is an intriguing idea, I'll give it some thought. I have to confess I sometimes have trouble with these ideas because I'm reluctant to mess with other people's characters and get stuff wrong, but I feel comfortable with the 'future Krypto' universe so I might be able to work with this idea.

Thanks. Actually, this doesn't involve any characters that aren't already either yours or the show's (other than the possible female feline love interest and the ultra-suave rival and even THOSE are just very limited vague ideas right now), so you don't have to worry about messing up on the characters.

Another little project I'm working on is to come up with members of the 23rd Century version of the Dog Star Patrol to help battle my villain, Niccolo. (Anyone with suggestions, feel free!) I will try to set aside some writing time this weekend so maybe I can get some more ideas turned into story concepts in my spare time.

I'll definitely see what I can do. A Brainy descendant as well as one for Krypto are almost givens, but I can't think of too many details beyond that. Oh, well, maybe we can brainstorm and come up with more as we get a chance.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

catfan1

[442]Aug 25, 2005
    • level: 17
    [QUOTE
    I never mind story suggestions. I'll take what I can get! I've been thinking about the adult Squeaky as well and that is an intriguing idea, I'll give it some thought. I have to confess I sometimes have trouble with these ideas because I'm reluctant to mess with other people's characters and get

Another little project I'm working on is to come up with members of the 23rd Century version of the Dog Star Patrol to help battle my villain, Niccolo. (Anyone with suggestions, feel free!) I will try to set aside some writing time this weekend so maybe I can get some more ideas turned into story concepts in my spare time.[/QUOTE]

I'll definitely see what I can do. A Brainy descendant as well as one for Krypto are almost givens, but I can't think of too many details beyond that. Oh, well, maybe we can brainstorm and come up with more as we get a chance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I definitely want a Brainy descendant and I was thinking of a hotheaded/sarcastic character who is always clashing with Tralfaz the Starhound and a fire-emitting cat member who is more willing to resort to underhanded trickery than her dog teammates. Maybe there can be a Hot Dog descendant who has a different set of powers than his ancestor so that the cat won't be redundant. I have some vague ideas but nothing set in stone yet. The more members the better, We may not use them all in the first story. I thought a party of three or four might travel back in time to foil a plan to prevent Krypto from becoming Superdog.

Comickook

[443]Aug 26, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    [QUOTE
    I never mind story suggestions. I'll take what I can get! I've been thinking about the adult Squeaky as well and that is an intriguing idea, I'll give it some thought. I have to confess I sometimes have trouble with these ideas because I'm reluctant to mess with other people's characters and get

Another little project I'm working on is to come up with members of the 23rd Century version of the Dog Star Patrol to help battle my villain, Niccolo. (Anyone with suggestions, feel free!) I will try to set aside some writing time this weekend so maybe I can get some more ideas turned into story concepts in my spare time.

I'll definitely see what I can do. A Brainy descendant as well as one for Krypto are almost givens, but I can't think of too many details beyond that. Oh, well, maybe we can brainstorm and come up with more as we get a chance.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I definitely want a Brainy descendant and I was thinking of a hotheaded/sarcastic character who is always clashing with Tralfaz the Starhound and a fire-emitting cat member who is more willing to resort to underhanded trickery than her dog teammates. Maybe there can be a Hot Dog descendant who has a different set of powers than his ancestor so that the cat won't be redundant. I have some vague ideas but nothing set in stone yet. The more members the better, We may not use them all in the first story. I thought a party of three or four might travel back in time to foil a plan to prevent Krypto from becoming Superdog.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like it could definitely be a pretty good story idea.

catfan1

[444]Aug 26, 2005
    • level: 17
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:
    [QUOTE

Yes, I definitely want a Brainy descendant and I was thinking of a hotheaded/sarcastic character who is always clashing with Tralfaz the Starhound and a fire-emitting cat member who is more willing to resort to underhanded trickery than her dog teammates. Maybe there can be a Hot Dog descendant who has a different set of powers than his ancestor so that the cat won't be redundant. I have some vague ideas but nothing set in stone yet. The more members the better, We may not use them all in the first story. I thought a party of three or four might travel back in time to foil a plan to prevent Krypto from becoming Superdog.

I must have worked on it in my sleep because I woke up this morning with a pretty much complete plot. I just need to get some characters worked out and I think I can post the story idea this weekend. It's turned into something of an untold tale behind Krypto's origin.

Comickook

[445]Aug 26, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:
    [QUOTE

I must have worked on it in my sleep because I woke up this morning with a pretty much complete plot. I just need to get some characters worked out and I think I can post the story idea this weekend. It's turned into something of an untold tale behind Krypto's origin.

Yeah. I can understand that. That's the way it happens sometimes.

Ladsone

[446]Aug 26, 2005
    • level: 13
    Good Evening all. Comickook, I have an idea for a 23rd century version of Tusky Husky. It would be very similar to the current version (complete with super tooth), but it has also developed the ability to fire lasers from his eyes that would freeze the target instantly. In the meantime, I've come up with an episode idea involving the JLA.

The Justice League of Animals in "How Hot Is It?"

The scene opens on a very hot summer day in Metropolis. It has been several days of record breaking heat, so Kevin and Krypto are trying to cool off in the backyard pool (even putting ice cubes in the water to try and cool it down). They even try lying on the bottom (Kevin using his snorkel and Krypto holding his breath), but even after a few minutes underwater, it doesn't feel any cooler. They decide to go to the JLA headquarters to try and keep cool.

Kevin and Krypto arrive the the JLA Headquarters and find all the members are there. They were told by Bat Hound to meet there for a special meeting (Ace tried to contact Krypto, but he was underwater at the time). Ace arrives by his racer and asks everyone to be seated. He then contacts the Metropolis Weather Service on the videolink system and asks to speak to Dr. Jenkins, the center's director (The HQ computer system can translate any of the dog's barks into human speech). Dr. Jenkins greets everyone and informs them that his research shows that the heatwave is being created by "artificial means". Krypto asks if Lexcorp's satellites have been changed (like in the Dog Days of Winter when Ignatius redirected the solar panels) and the doctor tells them that it is coming from further out so the satellites are not to blame this time.

Dr. Jenkins then asks the JLA to investigate this "as a matter of great urgency". They all agree and thank the doctor for his time and information. Krypto attempts to contact the Dog Stars but there is some unusual static interference in the comlink. Ace goes over to the space telescope controls and asks the computer to locate the Dog Star's ship. It finds the ship orbiting the moon and he notices there is some type of energy field surrounding the ship. The telescope has also picked up a powerful beam of light coming from the ship as well. Krypto grabs his space helmet and takes off for the Dog Star's ship to find out what is happening. He tells Kevin to keep the JLA frequency open in case he needs back-up.

--- break ---

A while later, Krypto arrives at the dog star's ship but cannot penetrate the energy field. Brainy sees Krypto outside and sends him a message telepathically that they are being held prisoner aboard the ship by Brainiac's pet computer virus. It has also instructed the dog star's computer system to position the ship to where the reflection of the sun's rays bounce off the highly polished glass dome of the ship. These are the rays that are hitting Metropolis causing the heatwave. K-dog is about to notify the JLA to come when he is hit by a kryptonite ray. He is then pulled into the ship by a tractor beam and is taken prisoner. He is placed with the others in suspended animation (with a little kryptonite thrown in for good measure to keep him weak).

Meanwhile back at the HQ, Chameleon Collie has sensed that something has happened to Krypto and tells the others. Verdant Victory uses her powers to create a pressurized bubble to transport the other members to the spaceship. Kevin and Dorcan stay behind to monitor the situation and to notify the Justice League (if needed). They fly off into space and arrive moments later at the dog star's ship. Verdant Victory is able to find a weak point in the energy field and breaks through at the underside of the ship. Wonderdog is able to use her amazonian strength to open an access panel and our heroes fly inside. They fight their way through the maze of traps that the virus has set for them and find K-dog and the others. The only way to release them from their hibernation is to override the computer system. Ace goes to a nearby terminal and is able to tap into the system. He then links the dog star's computer to the computer in the JLA headquarters (it has some very sophisticated anti-virus software designed by Waynetech that is able to keep Brainiac's virus from entering its system). With Kevin's help on the other end, Ace is able to break the code and free everyone from their long sleep. Zipster then gets the Kryptonite away from K-dog and after a few minutes, he's his old self again. Ace and Kevin are able to surround the virus and force it into a portable drive that Ace unhooks from the main computer. In the meantime, Brainy has regained control of the ship and repositions it away from the sunlight and puts an end to the heatwave. Brainy thanks the JLA for their help and promises to have the computer system checked to make sure that no more viruses are in the computer. Everyone then heads home and calls it a day.

Hope you all enjoy this.

LADSONE

Comickook

[447]Aug 27, 2005
    Actually, Verdant Victory is female and her powers are internal (see the file on her in the "Heroes and Villains: Their Pets" thread). Other than that minor detail, nothing wrong at all that I can see. In fact a highly enjoyable adventure.

Ladsone

[448]Aug 27, 2005
    My Bad!

LADSONE

Comickook

[449]Aug 27, 2005
    Ladsone wrote:
    My Bad!

LADSONE

No biggie. I just brought it up for future reference.

X-626

[450]Aug 27, 2005
    • level: 51
    You guys realize this thread's going to be locked in 50 more posts, right?

Comickook

[451]Aug 27, 2005
    X-626 wrote:
    You guys realize this thread's going to be locked in 50 more posts, right?

I do NOW, X-626. Thansk for the warning. Of course, if worse comes to worse, you can still put in an "Episode Ideas 2" thread. That should solve THAT issue.

Mammal_Mage

[452]Aug 27, 2005
    • level: 24
    why, what happens when it's locked?

KnightMysterio

[453]Aug 27, 2005
    • level: 3
    No one can post anything more once the thread is locked. That being said, I have another idea coming to me...

Isaac6356

[454]Aug 27, 2005
    • level: 15
    Wait. Why would this thread be locked? A lot of ideas were being distributed. Or is it because there's a limit to topics?

Comickook

[455]Aug 27, 2005
    KnightMysterio wrote:
    No one can post anything more once the thread is locked. That being said, I have another idea coming to me...

I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing it, KM. And, like I said, if worst comes to worse, we can also create an "Episode Ideas 2" thread if this gets TOO close to the wrap-up.

Comickook

[456]Aug 27, 2005
    Isaac6356 wrote:
    Wait. Why would this thread be locked? A lot of ideas were being distributed. Or is it because there's a limit to topics?

I think there might be a 500 post limit to an given thread if I read X-626 correctly. If not, I profusely apologize.

X-626

[457]Aug 28, 2005
    • level: 51
    Comickook wrote:
    Isaac6356 wrote:

I think there might be a 500 post limit to an given thread if I read X-626 correctly. If not, I profusely apologize.

Yes, there is a 500 post limit per thread. I've seen many threads get locked after reaching post 500.

Ladsone

[458]Aug 28, 2005
    Hello all. Just to bring you up to date. We're hunkered down waiting on a hurricane named Katrina. Some of my family from New Orleans who had to evacuate this morning are staying with us. Expecting landfall sometime tomorrow morning. Current wind speed is at 160 MPH. Will keep you posted when everything calms down (with 4 cocker spaniels, two teenagers, a doberman and a siberian husky in the house, it may be a while).

LADSONE

Comickook

[459]Aug 28, 2005
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hello all. Just to bring you up to date. We're hunkered down waiting on a hurricane named Katrina. Some of my family from New Orleans who had to evacuate this morning are staying with us. Expecting landfall sometime tomorrow morning. Current wind speed is at 160 MPH. Will keep you posted when everything calms down (with 4 cocker spaniels, two teenagers, a doberman and a siberian husky in the house, it may be a while).

LADSONE

Understood, Ladsone. I'm just glad you're okay for right now anyway. I'm definitely wishing you well.

Ladsone

[460]Aug 28, 2005
    Thank You my friend. We're set up with 4 days worth of food and water and a new generator system to keep the house powered for a week if necessary. As long as the power stays on, I will be able to post.

LADSONE