Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode Ideas

X-626

[461]Aug 28, 2005
    • level: 51
    One of my friends on some other forums is currently caught in the storm.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ladsone

[462]Aug 30, 2005
    • level: 13
    Hello all. Everything is OK, except for no power (Thank goodness for generators). We fared far better than New Orleans did. As soon as regular power becomes available and my wireless becomes more stable, I'll be able to join you once again. Until later, take care

LADSONE

Comickook

[463]Aug 30, 2005
    • level: 9
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hello all. Everything is OK, except for no power (Thank goodness for generators). We fared far better than New Orleans did. As soon as regular power becomes available and my wireless becomes more stable, I'll be able to join you once again. Until later, take care

LADSONE

You too, Ladsone. Best of luck to you and yours.

catfan1

[464]Aug 30, 2005
    • level: 17
    Comickook wrote:
    Ladsone wrote:

LADSONE

You too, Ladsone. Best of luck to you and yours.

Good to hear from you, Ladsone. I was thinking about you and I'm glad everything's OK.

Ladsone

[465]Aug 30, 2005
    Good News. The power is back and my ISP tells me my wireless should be back by the end of the day. Thanks to all of you for your concern.

LADSONE

Comickook

[466]Aug 30, 2005
    Ladsone wrote:
    Good News. The power is back and my ISP tells me my wireless should be back by the end of the day. Thanks to all of you for your concern.

LADSONE

You are very, very welcome, Ladsone.

catfan1

[467]Sep 2, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

catfan1

[468]Sep 2, 2005
    This is kind of like one of those imaginary Superman stories from the Silver Age comics that takes place in a future that may never actually occur so just about anything can happen. There's a brief mention of Knightmysterio's Justice League of Animals and the depiction of the elderly Krypto and Streaky is influenced by Comickook's idea, "The More Things Change" so proper credit and thanks to both.

The Lives of Krypto and Streaky

As it often does, the scene opens in Kevin's backyard next to Krypto's doghouse but suddenly a huge weapon appears through a dimensional portal and a lightning blast is seen. When the smoke and settling debris clears all that can be seen in the rubble are a few scattered pieces of red and blue cape. A newspaper headline sadly proclaims that Superdog and Supercat are dead.

In the 23rd Century, Professor Tralfaz, aka Starhound, detects an alarming disturbance in the time-space continuum on his monitoring equipment and alerts the Dog Star Squadron. But their leader, Prophetic Pup, tells him they are already dealing with a startling development that she is sure will interest him. Starhound arrives at the Dog Star satellite and is shocked to discover that they have found the rocket ship that brought Krypto to earth. But what's inside is even more remarkable: the bodies of Krypto and Streaky, preserved by advanced cryonic science.

Using the technology on their satellite, they are able to revive the two 21st century heroes. Krypto and Streaky are disoriented and showing signs of old age, both were closing in on 30-years-old when they disappeared from recorded history. They seem to be ill but are still in remarkable shape for a cat and dog of that advanced age, thanks to their Kryptonian powers. Both are mentally alert and Streaky can still jump with some effort but Krypto's hips are in bad shape and he walks with a limp.

Krypto explains back in the 21st Century they were enjoying their retirement with married couple Kevin and Andrea and their children. But one day an emergency came up and all the heroes were either busy in space or couldn't be contacted so Krypto and Streaky, despite their advanced age, responded. An alien creature resembling a giant eel had been brought back to Metropolis from outer space. The creature was being studied at STAR Labs when it escaped and began attacking the citizens of Metropolis. The creature appeared to have the ability to administer powerful electric shocks and to drain the energy of anything it came into contact with. Krypto and Streaky almost battled it to a standstill but eventually tired and were finally knocked senseless. They were saved by the intervention of members of the Justice League of Animals, who were just returning from a space mission. But doctors determined that the creature had drained Krypto and Streaky's powers and was causing them to age and degenerate rapidly.
    Kevin and Andrea tearfully had their beloved pets frozen until a cure could be found. But the cure was elusive and the ship, where Krypto and Streaky were stored and frozen with the help of Kryptonian technology, was forgotten. During the chaos of an intergalactic war in the late 22nd century, the ship was launched back into space by an invading army and it was orbiting a small planet when it was finally found by the Dog Star Squadron.

The 23rd century Dog Stars are awed to be in the presence of the legendary heroes and Starhound (who met them in one of my earlier episode ideas) is happy to see them again. Starhound has an idea for helping the two. He and Dashing Hound go to earth and locate the experimental cell regenerator that helped give Dashing Hound his powers in an accident. They carefully use it on the two elderly heroes and after several unsuccessful attempts, chemical combinations and a blood transfusion from Dashing Hound, Krypto and Streaky begin to grow younger and regain their powers. But Starhound and Prophetic Pup discuss a troublesome issue: how to help Krypto and Streaky adjust to the far future and how will the legendary heroes fit in with the current heroes.

But there is still the space time crisis to deal with. Starhound says it came from a time stream closely related but different from their own. Events have been dramatically altered in such a way as to threaten the existence of the heroes in other time streams.
    Starhound, Dashing Hound, Krypto and Streaky are sent to investigate. It's in a 21st century Metropolis close to Krypto and Streaky's own, but they soon discover it's very different. Mechanikat is attacking earth and this world's Krypto and Streaky are dead. As they suspect, Mechanikat is only a pawn and the real culprit is Starhound's enemy, the time-traveling villain Niccolo, who is manipulating events to pave the way for his own rule. Mechanikat is easily defeated. When Agent Delilah tries to attack them with the same weapon that killed the other Krypto and Streaky they are ready and destroy it with their heat vision. It explodes and Delilah disappears in the debris.
    But Niccolo appears and an all-out battle ensues over Metropolis. He forces back Starhound but repeated attacks weaken the villain's shield. Niccolo is unprepared for the combined speed of Dashing Hound, Krypto and Streaky who spin around him, creating a force that renders him unable to control his weaponry. Niccolo is forced to retreat into the past and disappears.
    As the triumphant heroes return from battle, they fly over the alternate version of Krypto and Streaky's old neighborhood, Krypto sees the young Kevin below and can't resist the urge to fly down to see him. Streaky also sees Andrea. They all embrace happily. But they're told it's time to go and they fly off with Dashing Hound and Starhound. Krypto and Streaky both look back sadly.
    But Krypto says he can't bear to leave Kevin and turns around, followed by Streaky. He and Streaky decide that the Kevin and Andrea here need them and they should stay. Starhound agrees that while going back in time to prevent the tragedy would dangerously strain the time line, the presence of a very similar Supercat and Superdog there should help put things back on track.
    Krypto tells Kevin they should never forget the first Krypto and Streaky. The two know they can't replace them and they probably have slightly different personalities. So they decide they will be known as Krypto II and Streaky II. Before the scene fades, Streaky says this could go on forever or at least nine times. Krypto smiles and tells Streaky maybe cats aren't the only ones who get more than one life.

Comickook

[469]Sep 2, 2005
    Great job, catfan1. On BOTH postings. Seriously, I know the double-post was an accident, but this was still a well-done story. I also thank you for the credit. Speaking of which, I have to thank you for giving me this idea in our Personal Message exchanges (and I couldn't resist making a references to "The Tables Turn"; I have to thank you for that too as well as something else inspired by our Personal Message exchanges). This is also the first idea to feature one of the "Justice League of Animals B-Team". I have to thank KM for that inspiration.

Streaky the Supercat in:

"The Cat and Mouse Game"

Krypto is busy on a Dog Stars mission and Streaky's flying solo patrol when he passes by the owner of a fish market, whose operator is shouting about a robbery. The super-feline responds quickly, only able to resist digging into the fish with supreme willpower, when he sees a red and brown length snake about the floor. Grabbing the tail of his quarry tightly, Streaky next feels a tap at his right shoulder (or upper front leg joint; whichever is more accurate) and turns around to see a brown paw and red sleeve tickling his nose and another brown paw and red sleeve pull down a bottle of tobassco sauce. In true cartoon cat style, Streaky lets go of the tail he was holding and goes running toward the nearest faucet, placing his mouth at the nozzle and turning on the water. Streaky ends up bloated from the water, but his super-feline metabolism burns it off. Then, stretching up to the faucet, is a brown mouse in a red shirt and goggles.

The brown costumed mouse with obvious super-stretching powers introduces himself as Slick, the Rubber Mouse; Plastic Man's pet; and explains he was handling a rash of fish market robberies; somebody has been stealing fish from all over the country and the only thing connecting the robberies (aside from what was stolen) was the fact they were all commited in manners that would require either super-powers, sorcery, alien technology or any combination of the three. Streaky asks Slick why he pulled the pranks to get free when it would have been a lot easier just to explain himself. Slick answers with a smile that he never could resist pranking cats.

Streaky groans and, in a rare display of seriousness, says that it might make more sense for the two super-animals to combine their efforts on this investigation and not waste time on pranks. Slick pretends to agree but keeps one front paw behind his back with two of what passes for his fingers crossed. While Streaky canvases the crime scenes with X-ray and microscopic visions, Slick elongates himself through thin piping and slinks through areas that would be too small for Streaky to get into without using his super-speed and super-strength for digging, which might upset the crime scenes a bit more.

Of course, despite being a legitimate help in those areas, Slick, being a bit on the crazy side, can't help pranking Streaky from time to time during the investigation, which seriously (and understandably) annoys the supercat. Sure HE could be a clown, but compared to this mouse, he was almost Ace-level serious. This was not being given a dose of his own medicine either, like with that incident involving the alternate universe Krypto in one of his fairly recent adventures was. At least HE never played pranks on Krypto on the job; and certainly not with the level of intensity Slick was pranking HIM. The investigation DOES turn up, however, solid evidence that the alarms and heavy machines were all drained of power just before the fish were stolen and the fish containers was slashed open by a set of super-sharp claws. Otherwise, no sign of forced entry. Also, the investigation turns up two distinct sets of hind leg paw prints, which indicated that there were two thieves and both were feline.

Eventually, the two super-animals start staking out one of the very few fish markets that hasn't been robbed yet. After more than an hour of waiting (and seven seperate instances where Streaky was muttering a vow to get back at Slick in some VERY nasty manner), the stakeout pays off and the culprits end up teleporting inside the building. The two are Scratchy Clipper Claws and Kilowatt Kitty, both of whom have sharpened their talents by a fair degree since get rejected by Mechanikat when they auditioned to be agents for his army. It turns out that they are using teleportation technology to get in and out of their targets without any trouble, their rather developed talents to take care of the security and get to the loot in the first place AND anti-gravity technology to levitate the multiple tons of fish (albeit with great effort). As Kilowatt Kitty drains off the power for the alarms and heavy machines of the fish market, Scratchy uses his super-claws to slice open the storage areas. Streaky and Slick decide to go into action, striking JUST as the two feline felons were teleporting away (which puts all four on the getaway ship). Slick focuses on Kilowatt Kitty, whose tail-fired electrical blasts aren't much help against the insulation of the Rubber Mouse's super-stretchy body (but at the same time, Kilowatt's quickness on full alert makes it difficult for Slick to get in close enough to prank him, so it's a stalemate). Streaky focuses on Scratchy, who, despite his super-claws and surprising fighting skills, proves to be no match for Streaky's super-speed, super-strength and desire to take the frustrations Slick has caused him out on the bad guys. While whooping the tar out of Scratchy, Streaky then uses his heat vision to cause some pain to Kilowatt Kitty's tail during his stalemate with Slick, which distracts the electrically powered feline felon long enough to make him fair game for Slick's pranks, which easily defeat him.

Streaky asks the two defeated feline space criminals what the deal was with the fish-stealing caper. Kilowatt refuses to talk and says nothing Streaky or the mouse do will get anything out of either him or Scratchy.... which proves to be true despite the two animal heroes' best efforts to convince them. Streaky and Slick, DO, however, figure out how to pilot the villains' getaway ship. After the fish are returned to the respective markets (Slick covered all the fish in enough pepper to keep Streaky from eating any of it [one of the few times one of his pranks proved beneficial]) and Kilowatt and Scratchy are turned over to the intergalactic authorities, Streaky and Slick part ways (much to Streaky's incredible relief).

However, in deep space, during their transport to space prison, Scratchy and Kilowatt use teamwork and their powers to escape and start to head off in their stolen space police transport. As they head off, the two feline felons call up a being known only as "the boss" at this point and explain that their mission to steal massive amounts of fish to be treated in chemical compounds so that any cat in the universe that eats the fish gets transformed into a super-strong slave was a failure; they were foiled by Supercat and somebody called Rubber Mouse. The mysterious being (not even shown on shadow; only his voice is used [though it sounds even more sinister than Mechanikat's]) says he doesn't like failure, but at least acknowledges they did manage to steal the chemicals needed for the strength-enhancement/mind control serum and brought those chemicals to him, so that serum could be still used for another occasion, which means it still wasn't a TOTAL failure. As for Supercat, he WILL be dealt with in due time, the being comments omniously.

catfan1

[470]Sep 3, 2005
    Oops, I got disconnected while I was posting that story idea but apparently it really did go through the first time. I deleted the unedited version.
    Enjoyable story, Comickook, good mix of cartoon-style humor and adventure. I'm glad you were able to use the suggestion. I always liked the Plastic Man stories where Plas uses his abilities to keep his even more bizarre sidekick, Woozy Winks, out of trouble and there was a similar dynamic with Rubber Mouse and Streaky. (Of course I have to admit the mouse character is much more extreme in his pranking.)
    Looking forward to finding out more about this ominous bad guy.

Comickook

[471]Sep 3, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    Oops, I got disconnected while I was posting that story idea but apparently it really did go through the first time. I deleted the unedited version.
    Enjoyable story, Comickook, good mix of cartoon-style humor and adventure. I'm glad you were able to use the suggestion. I always liked the Plastic Man stories where Plas uses his abilities to keep his even more bizarre sidekick, Woozy Winks, out of trouble and there was a similar dynamic with Rubber Mouse and Streaky. (Of course I have to admit the mouse character is much more extreme in his pranking.)
    Looking forward to finding out more about this ominous bad guy.

Actually, catfan1. The idea for the omnious bad guy came from you. I got it from our personal message chats. I just kept it deliberately vague because, well, because I figured it'd be a good sort-of-intro to that new band of powerful feline space villains we discussed (which means YOU probably already have a good clue who it is, but I'm keeping it a mystery for everybody else). At any rate, I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

catfan1

[472]Sep 3, 2005
    Actually, catfan1. The idea for the omnious bad guy came from you. I got it from our personal message chats. I just kept it deliberately vague because, well, because I figured it'd be a good sort-of-intro to that new band of powerful feline space villains we discussed (which means YOU probably already have a good clue who it is, but I'm keeping it a mystery for everybody else). At any rate, I'm glad you enjoyed the story.[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to give anything away, but I wondered if that's where this was heading. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the idea.

Comickook

[473]Sep 3, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    Actually, catfan1. The idea for the omnious bad guy came from you. I got it from our personal message chats. I just kept it deliberately vague because, well, because I figured it'd be a good sort-of-intro to that new band of powerful feline space villains we discussed (which means YOU probably already have a good clue who it is, but I'm keeping it a mystery for everybody else). At any rate, I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

I didn't want to give anything away, but I wondered if that's where this was heading. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the idea.[/QUOTE]

Or what WE do with the idea. It was yours too, after all, and you have just as much right to work on it as I do.

catfan1

[474]Sep 3, 2005
    I didn't want to give anything away, but I wondered if that's where this was heading. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the idea.[/QUOTE]

Or what WE do with the idea. It was yours too, after all, and you have just as much right to work on it as I do. [/QUOTE]

I'm sure whatever you have in mind will be great, but I'd be happy to contribute if you'd like. :>

Comickook

[475]Sep 3, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    I didn't want to give anything away, but I wondered if that's where this was heading. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the idea.

Or what WE do with the idea. It was yours too, after all, and you have just as much right to work on it as I do. [/QUOTE]

I'm sure whatever you have in mind will be great, but I'd be happy to contribute if you'd like. :>[/QUOTE]

Most definitely. After all, all I had in mind was that brief sort-of-intro set a little before YOUR "'Atomic Tom'" intro.

Ladsone

[476]Sep 5, 2005
    Hello everyone. I'm back up and running at 100%. I spoke with the owner of the comics store I do most of my business with the other day (he's a doctor in the area). We were talking about Krypto and he asked me about some of the characters we had come up with. He then wanted to know if we had a "Bizzaro" superdog character, which after thinking for a moment, realized we did not. I will do a little research on this end and see what kind of Bizzaro Krypto I can put down on paper. Will keep you all up to date as this develops. Also, with all the recent events, Scott and I haven't been in touch, but as things quiet down, we'll try and get together and work on getting this going to the next level. Until then, all of you take care.

LADSONE AND CASEY TOO!

catfan1

[477]Sep 5, 2005
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hello everyone. I'm back up and running at 100%. I spoke with the owner of the comics store I do most of my business with the other day (he's a doctor in the area). We were talking about Krypto and he asked me about some of the characters we had come up with. He then wanted to know if we had a "Bizzaro" superdog character, which after thinking for a moment, realized we did not. I will do a little research on this end and see what kind of Bizzaro Krypto I can put down on paper. Will keep you all up to date as this develops. Also, with all the recent events, Scott and I haven't been in touch, but as things quiet down, we'll try and get together and work on getting this going to the next level. Until then, all of you take care.

LADSONE AND CASEY TOO!

If you haven't seen it, there's a story in the 'Superman in the Sixties' paperback collection that prominently features the Silver Age version of the Bizarro-Krypto.

Ladsone

[478]Sep 5, 2005
    Thanks for the head's up. I was unaware of that.

LADSONE

catfan1

[479]Sep 5, 2005
    You're very welcome.
    The story is "Halloween Pranks of the Bizarro Supermen" on page 200. The regular Silver Age Krypto also puts in a brief appearance to save Bizarro-Krypto from Blue Kryptonite.

Comickook

[480]Sep 5, 2005
    And here's the next story idea featuring an introduction to one of the Justice League of Animals' "B-Team":

Krypto the Superdog in: "Full Metal Doggy"

Krypto and Streaky are flying routine patrol when they see a young cocker spaniel getting picked on by the Downtown Dogs. Krypto flies the dog to safety while Streaky focuses on serving the Downtown Dogs a major helping of humiliation. The cocker spaniel explains he was trying to help his mistress recover something she lost when those three street dogs started harrassing him. He recovered the item he was seeking but got trapped by the dogs in the bargain (though, upon seeing what Streaky is doing to the Downtown Dogs, the cocker spaniel DID break into laughter a bit). Krypto notices the tag on the dog's collar and determines his name is Tech-Hound and his owners are John Henry Irons and Natasha Irons. After Krypto and Streaky return Tech-Hound to his owners and Tech-Hound returns the lost item to Natasha, the scene then shifts into a quick montauge of scenes taking place over a period of two months that show Krypto and Streaky having to save Tech-Hound from at least six more very bad situations.

Eventually, John Henry Irons finishes devising a super-suit for Tech-Hound so that he can be better equipped for handling the trouble he seems to be a magnet for and adds some devices to Tech-Hound's collar so that he can don the super-suit very quickly by mere thought and even control the suit's myriad devices also by mere thought. Nor is the suit finished any too soon because. while Tech Hound is taking the suit for a test flight, he sees Krypto and Streaky in the middle of a fight with Saint Nick (the Toyman's cybernetically enhanced pet monkey) and Prometheus (the Parasite's pet canary [not to be confused with the established DCU villain of the same name, though Parasite DID name the canary after the legendary Titan that "'stole fire from Mount Olympus'"]). Worse yet, the super-canary's hypersonic powers and the small amounts of Kryptonite gas unleashed by the explosions of the grenades Saint Nick's firing from his tail seem to have the two super-animals stuck on the defensive.

Working fast, Tech Hound rams into Prometheus, the super-suit making sure the only thing the super-canary absorbs off the attack was punishment. However, the canary has already succeeded in draining off a portion of Krypto and Streaky's collective super-power and is able to shake off the sneak attack blow before countering with some heat vision. Tech-Hound is able to dodge the attacks, but Prometheus's stolen super-speed makes sure the misses are VERY NEAR misses. Though the "super-coat" power he partially got from Krypto and Streaky allows the villainous super-canary to withstand a portion of the power of the quick laser blast Tech-Hound gets in, the canary is still reeling from the blast and left wide open for a "hammer shot" fired off by Tech Hound. As Prometheus shakes off the shot, Tech Hound flies at the super-canary at full strength and speed, both lasers set at full power just as the hammer, obeying the canine's mental orders to change direction, slams the villainous power-stealing avian from behind. This combo proves JUST enough to FINALLY take down Prometheus.

Meanwhile, krypto and Streaky, despite having a portion of their power drained off by Prometheus, are still holding their own against Saint Nick via speed and teamwork.... well, until Tech Hound's thought controlled hammer slams the cyber-monkey from behind and knocks him out. Krypto and Streaky thank Tech-Hound for the help against the two villains and Tech-Hound accepts the gratitude before admitting that the two super-animals pulled his tail out of the fire (so to speak) on quite a few occasions, so he MORE THAN owes them.... immediately before the audio-enhancement gear picks up an alarm and the mention of a fire at the animal shelter. Krypto and Streaky, back to full strength by this point (because Prometheus's power drains only last five minutes) are able to confirm this with their own super-hearing and all three of them fly off to help out. While Krypto and Streaky are helping half the fire crew deal with the fire directly, Tech Hound is helping the other half save the trapped animals, staff and civilian visitors.

After the fire is put out and everybody is safely accounted for, Krypto comments to Tech Hound that, for what it's worth, he feels that, based on what's he's done in the super-suit so far, he's going to definitely be one heck of a hero. Tech-Hound smiles sheepishly but thanks Krypto for the vote of confidence as the scene closes on another animal hero's super-heroic debut.