TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode Ideas

Mammal_Mage

[161]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 24
    i just notice that more then half of the dog stars(hotdog, tail-terrier, bulldog, and tusk-husky, in that order) have stared in an episode. maybe we should have a episode that focuses on the other members. one of you guys made an episode about brainy-baker. that just leaves mammoth-mutt and paw-pooch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Comickook

[162]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 9
    Interesting challenge, Mammal_Mage. I'm sure there will be a few here that will see what they can do about meeting that challenge. I'll be one of them, but I don't know if I can think of much.

X-626

[163]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 51
    Mammoth_Mutt kind of had one in the episode "My Pet Boy", don't know if that really counts. Paw Pooch and Brainy are really the only ones who haven't had strong starring roles.

Mammal_Mage

[164]Jun 25, 2005
    i've also notice that paw-pooch made the least appearasinces. maybe an episode we're tries to prove himself.

Mammal_Mage

[165]Jun 25, 2005
    sorry for the type-po.

catfan1

[166]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 17
    I've been thinking about Streaky's family. Maybe this could be a Krypto Mother's Day special

Squeaky's mom

Streaky is thinking about why all the other heroes are dogs. He wishes there were more superhero cats to make up for all the cat villains he and Krypto deal with. He feels lonely and left out sometimes. But his thoughts are interrupted when Squeaky asks about Spunkie, his mother. Her family moved some time back and they don't know what happened to her. Squeaky says he's happy with his human family, but wishes he could see his mom and know she was all right. Streaky says he'd like to see his sister again too.
    Meanwhile at star Labs an experiment is being conducted on a cat. Scientists want to know if they can make the animal more resistant to disease and weather. Somehow she finds herself with the ability change her shape and form into other elements, an unintended consequence of a chemical experiment, but when she tries to use it it's still not always under control. She doesn't let the attendants know the full extent of her powers and when the lab closes, an odd form oozes out the door and into the downtown Metropolis. Outside people scream and flee in terror as a rocklike figure of an enlarged cat, walks down the street.
    Krypto and Streaky hear the noise and investigate, but their powers have little effect, bouncing off and not penetrating the creature. Suddenly Streaky has a horrible feeling, but it can't be. The creature is now shaped like a cat, like Streaky's sister, Spunkie. Streaky calls her but she seems not to hear him and runs off.
    Krypto looks surprised and Streaky says he has something terrible to tell him: he recognizes the thing is his sister.
    He tells Krypto he knows Spunkie is not bad and she's probably just scared. Krypto says he understands and they won't hurt her unless there is imminent danger.
    Streaky says she'll be tricky because she was always better than him at hunting and pouncing.
    After several hours of searching, Krypto says he thinks he sees something. Streaky sees her too and says to let him try to talk to her, but her yellow eyes just peer back out of the dark alley at them and they can hear her hissing. Suddenly a liquid metallic tentacle reaches out and grabs Krypto and he can't break free. Streaky screams for her to stop. When he says her name this time she hestitates and lets go of Krypto and changes back to metallic looking figure of her regular cat form. Streaky leaps at her and she easily pins him down. She looks at him and says his name and passes out, exhausted.
    Krypto promises Streaky they will help Spunkie learn to control her powers and find her a good home. They will need to keep tabs on her because they still don't know the full extent of what she can do. She says she doesn't know if she is up to being a superhero but tells Streaky they can call her if it's an emergency.
    Later, Streaky watches as she and Squeaky embrace. Streaky wipes back a tear and says he's a sucker for happy endings

Comickook

[167]Jun 25, 2005
    Yeah, catfan1. I'm a sucker for a happy ending too. And, as always, I am liking how this show is inspiring so many fan ideas.

Anyway, I kind of thought of an episode idea (plot only, though) where Paw Pooch returns to his home planet to help out his parents and some of his puppyhood friends, who are being menaced by a gang of giant gophers. The episode title is tenatively "Digging Deeper", but I'm still more than happy to welcome further ideas for this story.

Also, I put some thought into Mechanikat's origins and thought of "One Terrible Day Away..." in which Mechanikat recalls his own dark origins and explains, sometimes, all it takes to turn a normal animal into a super-villain is one particularly bad day.... well, in his case, one particularly bad day and getting have his body replaced by robotic parts. Nothing beyond the plot though. Again, any help on this subject would be immensely appreciated.

Comickook

[168]Jun 25, 2005
    Don't worry, Mammal_Mage. You're more than excused. After all, I've made my share of typos too.

Mammal_Mage

[169]Jun 25, 2005
    you took that line off of todays episode of "the batman".

joker: all it takes is one bad day. well, in my case, a bad day and a chemical bath.

Isaac6356

[170]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 15
    I have a neat idea for Streaky. But before I can get down to it, I need some clarification.

I don't read the comics, so I am wonder. Are there any other super heros in the world that are cats like Streaky? I'm curious. Cause as of now, the only super hero, who is a cat, is Streaky. All the other heros are dogs. Heck, this makes me mad knowing there are more evil cats than of any other animal. I mean only one dog villian. Come on! Isn't there at least one other dog out there who is evil? Seriously, everyone perfers dogs to be heros *well that's what I think*.

My point. If there is an absence of super cats like Streaky, this can go into my next episode idea. It doesn't make a difference to me if there are others like him. If there aren't, I think I can make it more better.

X-626

[171]Jun 25, 2005
    • level: 51
    Krypto's Nightmare

Krypto has dream one night about him failing to save Kevin from falling off of a tall structure because he was too busy saving other people. Unfortunately, Kevin died in the process. Krypto wakes up and notices that it was just a nightmare, so he goes back to sleep. The next day, he takes Kevin with him on his patrol. Soon, a car crash happens on a bridge and one of the cars begin to go over the freeway. Krypto notices the problem and sets Kevin down on the bridge. Meanwhile, he saves the car that's going over the edge and sets it back on track. Another car comes out of nowhere, nearly hits Kevin, and crashes into the other two, sending both over the edge. Kevin freaks out and walks backwards. He trips over the rail on the edge of the freeway and grabs onto it, hoping not to fall. While Krypto is saving the other two cars, he realizes that this is exactly what happened in his dream. With Kevin's hands slipping, and Krypto occupied with the two cars, Krypto fears the worst. As Kevin falls, Krypto realizes he has to do something or Kevin will be killed. Krypto gets an idea and grabs the person in one of the cars and throws them on his back. He then tosses the car underneath Kevin. The airbag finally opens, because it didn't during the crash, and cushions Kevin's fall, saving his life. After Krypto deals with his current problem he walks goes over to Kevin and is glad that he's safe.

catfan1

[172]Jun 25, 2005
    Someone else might be able to answer better than me. If you mean the Superboy-Krypto DC Comics from the 1960s that the characters come from, I think the existence of a Cat Space Patrol Agency, (sort of an answer to the Dog group the Dog Stars are based on)was at least briefly alluded to, so I guess there might be other good guy cat heroes out in space somewhere even if they haven't appeared on the TV show. Don't know of any other cat heroes based on earth other than Streaky. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Isaac6356

[173]Jun 25, 2005
    Well...I'm gonna have to do with that for now. I'll just go on with the fact that there aren't any other cat heros like Streaky, and that if there are, they wouldn't be known to anyone in the show. Expect my episode tomorrow.

Comickook

[174]Jun 25, 2005
    Actually, Mammal_Mage, I got the line you're alluding to from the now-classic Batman novel "The Killing Joke", the episode you're referencing just happened to copy that line.

Comickook

[175]Jun 25, 2005
    Actually, there are SEVERAL cat super-heroes out there. It's just most of them are pretty obscure.

There was Courageous Cat, who was sort of a feline Batman parody.

Then there's Spot, Hong Kong Phooey's pet cat/sidekick. Okay, so he's not a super-hero proper, but he WAS HKP's success secret (so secret that even Hong Kong Phooey himself didn't know).

Then there's Zoo Crew member Alley-Kat-Abra. She's sort of the sorceress of that group and she happens to be a cat.

Then, probably the most famous examples (and even THEY aren't THAT famous any more); the ThunderCats.

Then there's Power Pooch's (much smarter) sidekick, Little Buddy. He too, was a cat.

As I said, they're all pretty obscure now, but all of them are felines that were involved with super-heroics.

Comickook

[176]Jun 25, 2005
    Whoops. Silly me. Forgot about the SWAT Kats. Blasted memory.

catfan1

[177]Jun 25, 2005
    Aw, yes, forgot Ally-Kat-Abra! Should have known there was at least one other DC Comics cat hero, but I don't think she was ever really in the same continuity with Krypto, Streaky etc. Still she'd make a cool character for the 'Krypto' TV show.

Isaac6356

[178]Jun 25, 2005
    Well...Half of them don't seem like they are from the DC world. But I'll go ahead and say that Streaky is the only cat super hero, for now. Perhaps I'll just say something like it's possible that there are others out there, or something. Besides, something like that can be introduced after this, so that it makes sense. Anyway, I already have half of the thing done.

catfan1

[179]Jun 25, 2005
    I can't rule out entirely that there are some, but I still don't see any other cat heroes in that list that I think exist in the same continuity-DC Universe with the Krypto, Streaky and Bathound characters. If there are, they must be very obscure so I'd say you're safe.

Comickook

[180]Jun 25, 2005
    Yeah. You're right, isaac. Half of them AREN'T DC Comics' characters (and the only reason Spot might almost qualify is the fact that Hanna-Barbera is run by Warner Communications [which also owns DC Comics] now). I guess I was trying so hard to think up examples of cat super-heroes that I forgot about the DC part. My bad. (embarrassed grin)