Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode ideas 2

Comickook

[1]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 9
    Okay, this is just a precautionary measure since the first "Episode ideas" thread is just twelve posts away from automatic locking. ANybody who can think of some episode ideas; please post them here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

catfan1

[2]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 17
    Here's the story of how Streaky's nephew Squeaky and firedog trainee Blaze become close friends and foil a criminal conspiracy against Superdog and Supercat (with a little help from Ace). Thanks to Comickook for suggesting the idea of Bat hound's villains getting together and for making some helpful suggestions and additions to this.

A Friendship is Forged

It's a routine day on patrol for Krypto and Streaky until they come across a huge building fire. They'd agreed to allow Squeaky to come along and watch them at work, as long as he stayed out of harm's way. He's a little older and wiser than he was the first time he accompanied them but he seems as thrilled as ever to see his uncle in super-action and he yells encouragement as Streaky brings out rescuees, the super-cat actually smiling a bit at the encouragement.
    The fire is almost out but there are still people left inside. Streaky tells the kitten to wait outside for them and emphasizes that he needs to stay out of the way; explaining in a rare display of seriousness that he's not going to chance Squeaky getting hurt.
    At the same time, Smokey is telling his young trainee, Blaze, to stay out of harm's way while he looks for more people to rescue. Blaze reluctantly nods at this.
    A bored Squeaky tires of waiting and begins looking around. He sees Blaze who is also bored. They've seen each other around but haven't formally met so they introduce themselves and Squeaky suggests they play Superdog and Supercat. Blaze laughs and says he'll be Superdog because everyone knows Krypto's the greatest hero ever. But Squeaky reminds him that Supercat has been known to save Superdog's life in a tight spot. Blaze replies that he can fly faster than Supercat, but Squeaky jumps up a stack of boxes onto an awning and jumps back down the same way, landing in front of Blaze. Blaze frowns and says Supercat can't outrun him and Squeaky chases him into the open window of a nearby building. Blaze hears something unusual and stops. Squeaky bumps into him. Squeaky also hears talking through the wall and his ears perk up as well.
    The sets of voices inside sounds like Isis, the hyenas and the Penguin's birds. They have located what may be the largest supply ever of Green Kryptonite, smuggled it into Metropolis and will distribute it to the city's underworld-- at a hefty profit of course. Squeaky says they have to warn Superdog and Supercat and Blaze agrees. But when they find Smokey, Krypto and Streaky, they are waiting angrily, wanting to know why they disobeyed, and disregard their story. Krypto even laughs off their tale and says they'll have to do better than that to get out of trouble. Finally Squeaky insists they're telling the truth but taking a quick look with their x-ray vision, Krypto and Streaky see no signs of the criminals in the building and disregard the kitten and pup's story.
    Later, Squeaky is sulking about not being believed, knowing that Krypto and Streaky would have found evidence of the criminals if they had really been looking. He decides to try again and goes to Krypto's house, but Kevin says there is a serious emergency in outer space (serious enough to necessitate the Dog Stars calling both Krypto AND Streaky off-planet) as Mechanikat is trying to start an interplanetary war, so the heroes may be gone awhile.
    On his way home, Squeaky walks by the fire station and Blaze waves at him so he stops. The dalmation pup says he needs to see something in that nearby building. Squeaky doesn't know what Blaze thought he saw, but he figured it could be important, so he agrees to accompany the pup.
    There's a trap door in the floor, lined with lead. Though the trap door is heavy because of that, the kitten and pup manage to pry it open with teamwork and a makeshift pulley system. The trap door open, the two youths quickly but cautiously enter and find a large room that looks like a warehouse stacked with boxes. Squeaky says, over here: Some of the boxes are unusually heavy. Squeaky thinks its being used to conceal the Kryptonite. Then they hear someone coming and they hide. A voice says Superdog and Supercat won't be able to interfere while they're away and now a guard will be in place. The kitten and pup make a harrowing escape and are almost caught, but the guard, a huge, menacing doberman pinscher named Dante, decides he must be hearing rats.
    Outside, Squeaky says that was close and turns around and bumps into another large dog. He looks up and sees Ace, who says they shouldn't be there, but he's impressed when Squeaky explains what the villains are up to, something Ace had been trying to learn.
    Any doubts that something really is up are erased when Ace's magnifying glass picks up minute particles of Kryptonite on the two and he becomes extremely concerned. He tells the two youngsters this is dangerous business and he wants them to stay out of it, running off before they could refuse.
    But Squeaky and Blaze decide they have to try to help. They watch the building and when it looks like the guard is gone, they sneak in and go to work, but as they prepare to leave, a shadow falls over them and a deep voice asks “What do you think you're doing?” Squeaky and Blaze look up in fright at a huge doberman pinscher.
    A few minutes later, the villains enter the room from a back entrance and Isis laughs when she sees Dante, with the young cat and dog. What their opponents lack in size they make up for in cuteness, she says. Isis looks at them and says 'much too little, too late.' Soon members of the animal underworld will be arriving and will pay dearly for the ability to defeat Superdog and Supercat, she adds. These two will be held captive for now and she tells Dante to tie them up.
    As he's being bound, the quick-thinking Squeaky asks how the criminals plan to divide the proceeds, since none of them seem very trustworthy, to which Blaze, catching on fast, nods and voices his agreement. Isis tells them to shut up and explains to her fellow criminals that the stupid kitten and pup are only trying to cause trouble. Bud says, he knows, but he was just wondering why Isis is getting a larger share than the rest of them? Her face flushes and she tries to stay calm as she explains that they had already decided to divide it three ways among the three groups of criminals. Isis says, remember, she discovered the Kryptonite source and was good enough to let the rest of them in on it in return for their assistance in smuggling it into Metropolis. But Artie speaks up angrily and says Isis is trying to cheat them, just what he should have expected from a cat. Why should the birds have to split one-third of the total three ways? Lou says that's right and why should he and Bud have to split another third of the proceeds two ways? Isis puts a paw over her face and mouths “idiots.” Soon the criminals are embroiled in an uncontrollable squabble.
    “Dante” winks at Blaze and Squeaky and undoes the rope he loosely tied around them. Ace pulls off his “Dante” mask and plows into the criminals while they are arguing, taking out Isis, Bud and Waddles. Lou and Griff turn around to attack Ace, but Lou feels Squeaky's claws impaling his front leg and Blaze biting into a back leg and he keels over in pain. Ace ropes Griff and forces him to the ground. Artie screams in terror as Squeaky pounces on him and holds him down while Blaze ties him up. Ace then finishes off Lou with a batarang and ties up the rest of the gang with assistance from his two helpers. Isis is up, trying to sneak away and is nearly at the door when she trips over thin wires in front of the entrance, the booby-trap set by earlier by Blaze and Squeaky. Isis groans about how embarrassing it is being outwitted by a blasted kitten and his puppy pal.
    Ace sternly tells Blaze and Squeaky they put themselves in grave danger. But he says he admires their desire to help as well as their resourcefulness and gives them both a high five. Squeaky and Blaze both thank Ace for the thanks just as Ace's ride, summoned by the remote control built into his utility collar, appears before the trio.
    After Krypto and Streaky return from space and learn what happened, both sincerely apologize to Squeaky and Blaze. Krypto says, in addition, that they'll have to pay more attention to those two youngsters from now on. Streaky tells Squeaky he has definite hero potential, but Squeaky says he couldn't have done it without his new friend, Blaze. Streaky says now even he has to admit he's glad they didn't take the pup to the pet store. Smokey gives Squeaky a badge and says he's now an honorary firedog and Squeaky and Blaze beam proudly as the story comes to a close.

3StarvingArtist

[3]Sep 12, 2005
    • level: 10
    I really like this; very cute, and I like the character interactions, especially between Blaze and Squeaky. If it were a real ep, it'd be jawsome.

Comickook

[4]Sep 12, 2005
    Indeed, catfan1. Rather well done. Then again, you caught that from me when you shared the story with me in our PMs. I'll say it here though, too.

Ladsone

[5]Sep 13, 2005
    • level: 13
    Hi Everyone. I had lunch with Scott this afternoon (while he's trying to put together a hurricane relief benefit concert). I have talked him into coming online with me and sending a few messages. This will take place sometime in mid to late October (after things quiet down around here and I get back from a much needed two week vacation). As soon as a firm date is set, I will let you all know.

Catfan1, I enjoyed your latest post the other day. Keep up the fantastic work.

LADSONE

catfan1

[6]Sep 13, 2005
    Ladsone wrote:
    Hi Everyone. I had lunch with Scott this afternoon (while he's trying to put together a hurricane relief benefit concert). I have talked him into coming online with me and sending a few messages. This will take place sometime in mid to late October (after things quiet down around here and I get back from a much needed two week vacation). As soon as a firm date is set, I will let you all know.

LADSONE

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm glad you liked the episode idea.

And thanks for the update, Ladsone. I'm looking forward to hearing from Mr. Innes.

Comickook

[7]Sep 13, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Comickook

[8]Sep 13, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    Ladsone wrote:

LADSONE

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm glad you liked the episode idea.

You are VERY welcome, catfan1.

And thanks for the update, Ladsone. I'm looking forward to hearing from Mr. Innes.

As am I, Ladsone; as am I.

catfan1

[9]Sep 14, 2005
    This one is a collaboration with Comickook. He had a plot idea that involved my Power Cat and Fire hound characters (Squeaky and Blaze as adults with super powers). We passed the text back and forth, making revisions and additions, and I'd say it's as much his story as mine. Streaky fans may be interested to know that the story involves an important milestone in the Supercat's life. Squeaky is also dealing with his own personal problems.

The Beast in Squeaky
    (It's about three years from now in one possible future for Krypto and company. In fact, this is actually something of a sequel to "Attack of the Green-Eyed Monster; taking place a full year after that story, which can still be found in the first "Episode Ideas" thread. Also, thanks to KnightMysterio for the "Justice League of Animals" idea and thanks to Isaac for his League of Super Cats idea.)
    As Krypto and Streaky finish patroling Metropolis for the night, Krypto asks if his partner wants to stop and get some salmon at the fish-canning plant. When Streaky says he's not in the mood to eat, Krypto is shocked and asks if he's okay. They set down at home and Krypto listens as Streaky explains Princess is due to give birth soon and everything feels different for him. Maybe, just maybe he needs to take things more seriously, like Krypto and Princess have both been telling him all this time.
    Krypto smiles and says it's nice that Streaky is so concerned about being a good father. He tells Streaky maybe he is finally becoming an adult. Streaky sighs and says he wishes he could have his carefree kittenhood back.
    Krypto says good-night and Streaky remains in his yard, lying down, thinking about his future. As he is deep in thought, the figure of a flying cat touches down in front of him and greets him, “Hi, Uncle Streaky.” Streaky replies, “Hi, Squeak,” but his thoughts are clearly elsewhere. Squeaky wants to talk about a society cat he has met while working on a case. They just finished their second date and Squeaky is interested in a long-term relationship, but he isn't sure if she feels the same about him. In fact, he thinks he just saw her with someone else.

Streaky just shrugs and says he and Princess always subconsciously knew their relatonship was right somehow (despite the occasional would-be rival on both ends he throws in) and never really gave it much thought (true, they both made a fair number of compromises and had occasional disputes they had to work through, but that's the same for any other long-term relationship he puts in as a further aside). Squeaky's a good kid and he'll figure it out, he adds. As Squeaky leaves, Streaky feels bad that he wasn't more helpful to his nephew, but all he can think of are those kittens he will soon be responsible for.

As Squeaky the Power Cat slumps down, depressed, his crimefighting partner and longtime friend, Blaze the Fire Hound drops by and invites him to come along on patrol. But Squeaky rudely tells him to go away. Blaze is shocked. Squeaky is normally one of the friendliest, most even-tempered cats imaginable. He tells Squeaky he hopes he's feeling better soon. As Blaze leaves, Squeaky DOES regret being in such a foul mood, but doesn't trust himself to go after Blaze and apologize because he's afraid that he could end up unintentionally saying something else that turns out offensive, given the mood he's in.

Elsewhere in Metropolis, (more precisely, a non-descript abandoned building in one of the quieter sections of the city) ominous events are taking shape as Isis and Katie quietly, but evilly plot while looking at the strange trinket around the former's neck). Streaky has begun using his new powers and the villains are starting to catch on to what was going on. Isis and her criminal lackey, Katie, figure out that Squeaky may have the same abilities, but without Streaky's knowledge and ability to control them. They decide to exploit his powers by using a mystic amulet that will influence his psychic alter ego to help steal a collection of jewels on loan from the distant planet, Ganilefyx (thanks to the efforts of the Justice Leagues [both the human Justice League and the Justice League of Animals] interplanetary diplomacy is going full-swing and the jewels are on loan as a goodwill gesture), where cats are worshipped, much like ancient Egypt. Isis and Katie both cackle at the irony that it was the gallant off-world efforts of the greatest human and animal heroes on this planet that have indirectly made this whole caper possible.

The following evening, the collection is introduced to the upper crust of Metropolis at a huge dinner party hosted by the Secanabesses, owners of Francesca, a pedigree Persian and Squeaky's new love interest. The Secanabesses are the second-richest family in Metroplis, second only to the Luthor fortune (though the Secanabesses are A LOT more honest about their business affairs than Lex), and actually own the museum that the jewels are on loan TO.

Isis says Catwoman will be pleased by the first intergalactic addition to her collection as her plot goes into action: Katie infiltrates cat society and gathers information on how to steal the jewels with the help of one of Squeaky's mental manifestations. It takes the form of a snake that swallows the jewels and leaves through the house's ventilation system before anyone realizes what's happened.

The jewels gone, Francesca asks Squeaky to help investigate, they want as little publicity as possible. But Squeaky's mood sours when he meets his romantic rival, cat playboy Winston Prinzey. Winston tells Squeaky he likes to think of himself as the Bruce Wayne of the cat world. But unknown to Squeaky, 'Winston Prinzey' is an undercover space ranger, sent to look after the jewels. With the ongoing friendly rivalty between the space rangers and the animal superheroes, 'Prinzey' decides not to reveal himself to Squeaky, In fact, noticing the way Squeaky looks at Francesca, he decides this could be fun. Squeaky shoots him a look that would be of great concern if he knew of Squeaky's hidden power.
    The jewels gone, Francesca asks Squeaky to help investigate, they want as little publicity as possible. But Squeaky's mood sours when he meets his romantic rival, cat playboy Winston Prinzey. Winston tells Squeaky he likes to think of himself as the Bruce Wayne of the cat world. But unknown to Squeaky, 'Winston Prinzey' is an undercover space ranger, sent to look after the jewels. With the ongoing friendly rivalty between the space rangers and the animal superheroes, 'Prinzey' decides not to reveal himself to Squeaky, In fact, noticing the way Squeaky looks at Francesca, he decides this could be fun. Squeaky shoots him a look that would be of great concern if he knew of Squeaky's hidden power.

Streaky respectfully declines to accompany Krypto on patrol because he feels he has to check up on Princess, knowing how close she is to her due date. Krypto nods understandingly (making a mental note to get around to proposing to Rosie sometime soon) and agrees to fly patrol solo tonight. At least until he sees Blaze ALSO flying solo patrol. Blaze explains that Squeaky said he'd be at Francesca's mansion tonight and couldn't accompany him on patrol (though Blaze could tell that even though Squeaky said this in a tone that implied that he was TRYING to sound like his usual friendly self, he was still obviously distracted by his romantic issues) .

Soon after that, Krypto offers to let Blaze patrol with HIM tonight and the Fire Hound agrees. Along the way on their patrol, Krypto's X-ray vision and super-hearing pick up the distress at the Secanabesse mansion, which prompts them to stop to investigate. Noticing Squeaky's obvious distress, they try to focus him on the case and get his mind off his personal problems. Squeaky thanks them both for the concern but he's oviously angry and is letting his hatred of his rival get the better of him.
    Taking a break from the case, Squeaky decides to confront the issue and asks Francesca about their future. She giggles and tells Squeaky she's had laughs with him, but he's really not her type, and besides, he should be looking for the stolen jewels. Squeaky is crushed. Prinzey smiles smugly and waves at him. Squeaky clenches his paws. If he wasn't a good-natured cat, he would be using his powers to pummel the guy.
    Squeaky's emotions have gotten the better of him and he misses out on clues pointing to the plot. But outside, Blaze and Krypto see the trail left by the snake manifestation and proceed, not knowing that Isis is ready for them. Hearing something suspicious, 'Prinzey' excuses himself and also goes outside to investigate. Unfortunately, the space ranger is bushwhacked and hogtied by Isis (who was hiding in some nearby bushes and saw the officer head outside).
    Blaze and Krypto hear the struggle and rush to help, but are bushwhacked and captured themselves (this time by Katie), courtesy of a super-powerful freeze gas the criminal cats packed in case Fire Hound showed up (and made strong enough to do the job against Superdog and/or Supercat in case one or both of them ALSO showed up).
    Isis smirks as she notices the strange creature that is following the policeman. Look what Power Cat conjured up for us, she says. The smirk becomes even bigger when she sees Katie pointing to the ice block that clearly shows that Fire Hound and Superdog are captured too.

Ace learns of the plot from his informants too late, but shows up with his new trainee, Trump (Ace wants to make sure that, when the time comes to pass the mask, cape and utility collar on to another dog, he'll be ready), to warn Squeaky. Instead he is met by the green tiger Squeaky's jealousy has created. The tiger is headed for Prinzey, but Ace is just in time to save his life and ends up fighting Squeaky's mental manifestation to save the policeman, Krypto and Blaze. Squeaky is outside the mansion depressed, feeling sorry for himself and angry at his rival, still not realizing his rival was an undercover officer and unaware of Krypto and Blaze's plight. He's so depressed he doesn't notice the not-that far away commotion his super-hearing should be picking up. Meanwhile, Ace notices something familiar about the eyes of the creature he is battling and tells Trump to find Squeaky, who should be close by.
    Streaky, feeling quilty about letting his impending fatherhood distract him when Squeaky was trying to talk to him earlier, is looking for his nephew (having tenderly and politely excused himself from Princess long enough to do so with the solemn promise that he'd be back as soon as he had a chance to talk to Squeaky) and is just arriving at the mansion based on the commotion his super-hearing picked up. Streaky sees the green tiger and quickly picks up on what's happening with the help of his super-hearing and X-ray vision. As much as he wants to apologize to Squeaky, Streaky knows that Krypto, Blaze, Ace and the other cat need help desperately and are in the more immediate trouble.

Trump quickly locates Power Cat and he explains the situation. Squeaky is extremely embarassed and immediately says he will do what he can to help.
    Meanwhile, Streaky is using his experience with his own powers to make mental contact with the manifestation so that he can subdue it without hurting it (since hurting it which would also injure Squeaky). Ace takes advantage of Streaky's distracting the manifestation to free the space ranger from his bonds and the two of them begin working to free Krypto and Blaze from their icy prison. The green creature becomes less aggressive as Streaky communicates with it. Just at the moment that Squeaky realizes what's happening, the tiger turns red and Ace is surprised when it turns around to give him a sheepish grin and disappears into the dark (which frees Streaky up to use his heat vision to speed up Ace and "Prinzey's" efforts to free Krypto and Blaze). Isis and Katie try to slip away while Ace, Streaky and the space cop are distracted and Krypto and Blaze are both still frozen, but Squeaky and Trump arrive just in time, thanks to the former's super-speed and X-ray vision. With the help of the space ranger's just arriving partner, they block off the two criminal cats' escape long enough for Krypto and Blaze's trio of rescuers to finish thawing out the two heroes. Isis tries to go for the other super-freeze-gas capsule they brought, but Ace, Krypto, Streaky, Blaze and the space ranger stop her from actually getting it (and Streaky super-speedily removes Isis's amulet to boot, giving Isis a stern, but controlled "nobody messes with my nephew" glare). Realizing they are badly outnumbered, totally surrounded and without weapons that could do them any good, the two villainesses surrender without further incident.
    As the villains are being led away, Streaky sincerely apologizes to Squeaky about letting himself get as distracted as he was and Squeaky, in kind, sincerely apologizes to "Prinzey", Krypto and Blaze for unintentionally causing this problem. However, he also notices that the intergalactic officer's female cat partner is a lot nicer than "Prinzey.” She winks at him and says her name translates to Mar-wei. She's busy now but she'd like to see him sometime and they trade contact information.
    With Isis and Katie securely in custody, Ace and Trump head back to Gotham City. With Krypto, Squeaky and Blaze accompanying him, Streaky, starts back to resume his vigil of Princess's bedside. On the way, Streaky once again, apologizes to his nephew, but he also adds that Squeaky will need to consult with Brainy Barker about controlling his powers. What's more, Streaky says he will try to be more supportive of his nephew in the future. Squeaky nods at this as they, Krypto and Blaze make it to Princess just in time to witness the birth of Streaky and Princess's kittens.

Later, much of the Krypto 'family' is assembled as Streaky glows with pride and Princess lies on a huge cat bed with her newborns. There are two white kittens, one grey kitten and one orange kitten with two streaks that encircle his body. Teenage Kevin and Andrea and some members of the Dog Stars, (Tail Terrier, Tusky Husky and Mammoth Mutt), the League of Super Cats (Diamond, Atomic Tom and, most surprisingly, Power Puss [actually a fair bit friendlier than the last time Streaky saw her; Tom grinningly accounts this to the fact he was able to eventually break through some of her emotional barriers, between the fact he's saved her life a fair number of times AND the fact they've even started dating on a semi-regularly basis {Streaky gives Tom a good natured nod and half-jokingly voices his pity for Tom} and even the Justice League of Animals (Zipster, Slick, Chameleon Collie, Tech-Hound and Verdant Victory [the latter three keeping a VERY close eye on the former two]) are also on hand.
    Streaky says he's given it a lot of thought and now, even though he knows it IS going to be hard work (especially considering the very definite possibility that those kittens could develop super-powers) he thinks fatherhood is going to be great in the long run, maybe even a lot of fun mixed in with the hard work. He also says he can't wait to take the kids prowling through trash cans, exploring the streets and patrolling for fish. Princess frowns at him and he gives her an appeasement smile. There's a time for fun and a time to be serious, he tells her. The kids will learn royal manners too, he says, and Princess seems mollified, not noticing Streaky's crossed paws. But he uncrosses them as he promises Princess he'll always be there for her and the family. Squeaky tenderly nods at this and adds he'll definitely be there for his uncle, aunt and new cousins when needed too.

Comickook

[10]Sep 14, 2005
    Thanks for getting this up, catfan1. Very much appreciated. I hope you don't mind me making some VERY slight last minutes VERY final revisions based on some things I just spotted. My sincerest apologies.

catfan1 wrote:
    This one is a collaboration with Comickook. He had a plot idea that involved my Power Cat and Fire hound characters (Squeaky and Blaze as adults with super powers). We passed the text back and forth, making revisions and additions, and I'd say it's as much his story as mine. Streaky fans may be interested to know that the story involves an important milestone in the Supercat's life. Squeaky is also dealing with his own personal problems.

The Beast in Squeaky
    (It's about three years from now in one possible future for Krypto and company. In fact, this is actually something of a sequel to "Attack of the Green-Eyed Monster"; taking place a full year after that story; which can still be found in the first "Episode Ideas" thread. Also, thanks to KnightMysterio for the "Justice League of Animals" idea and thanks to Isaac for his League of Super Cats idea.)

As Krypto and Streaky finish patroling Metropolis for the night, Krypto asks if his partner wants to stop and get some salmon at the fish-canning plant. When Streaky says he's not in the mood to eat, Krypto is shocked and asks if he's okay. They set down at home and Krypto listens as Streaky explains Princess is due to give birth soon and everything feels different for him. Maybe, just maybe he needs to take things more seriously, like Krypto and Princess have both been telling him all this time.
    Krypto smiles and says it's nice that Streaky is so concerned about being a good father. He tells Streaky maybe he is finally becoming an adult. Streaky sighs and says he wishes he could have his carefree kittenhood back.

Krypto says good-night and Streaky remains in his yard, lying down, thinking about his future. As he is deep in thought, the figure of a flying cat touches down in front of him and greets him, “Hi, Uncle Streaky.” Streaky replies, “Hi, Squeak,” but his thoughts are clearly elsewhere. Squeaky wants to talk about a society cat he has met while working on a case. They just finished their second date and Squeaky is interested in a long-term relationship, but he isn't sure if she feels the same about him. In fact, he thinks he just saw her with someone else.

Streaky just shrugs and says he and Princess always subconsciously knew their relatonship was right somehow ('despite the occasional would-be rival on both ends' he throws in) and never really gave it much thought ('true, they both made a fair number of compromises and had occasional disputes they had to work through, but that's the same for any other long-term relationship he puts' in as a further aside). Squeaky's a good kid and he'll figure it out, he adds. As Squeaky leaves, Streaky feels bad that he wasn't more helpful to his nephew, but all he can think of are those kittens he will soon be responsible for.

As Squeaky the Power Cat slumps down, depressed, his crimefighting partner and longtime friend, Blaze the Fire Hound drops by and invites him to come along on patrol. But Squeaky rudely tells him to go away. Blaze is shocked. Squeaky is normally one of the friendliest, most even-tempered cats imaginable. He tells Squeaky he hopes he's feeling better soon. As Blaze leaves, Squeaky DOES regret being in such a foul mood, but doesn't trust himself to go after Blaze and apologize because he's afraid that he could end up unintentionally saying something else that turns out offensive, given the mood he's in.

Elsewhere in Metropolis, (more precisely, a non-descript abandoned building in one of the quieter sections of the city) ominous events are taking shape as Isis and Katie quietly, but evilly plot while looking at the strange trinket around the former's neck). Streaky has begun using his new powers and the villains are starting to catch on to what was going on. Isis and her criminal lackey, Katie, figure out that Squeaky may have the same abilities, but without Streaky's knowledge and ability to control them. They decide to exploit his powers by using a mystic amulet that will influence his psychic alter ego to help steal a collection of jewels on loan from the distant planet, Ganilefyx (thanks to the efforts of the Justice Leagues [both the human Justice League and the Justice League of Animals] interplanetary diplomacy is going full-swing and the jewels are on loan as a goodwill gesture). Ganilefyx is a planet where cats are worshipped, much like ancient Egypt. Isis and Katie both cackle at the irony that it was the gallant off-world efforts of the greatest human and animal heroes on this planet that have indirectly made this whole caper possible.

The following evening, the collection is introduced to the upper crust of Metropolis at a huge dinner party hosted by the Secanabesses, owners of Francesca, a pedigree Persian and Squeaky's new love interest. The Secanabesses are the second-richest family in Metroplis, second only to the Luthor fortune (though the Secanabesses are A LOT more honest about their business affairs than Lex), and actually own the museum that the jewels are on loan TO.

Isis says Catwoman will be pleased by the first intergalactic addition to her collection as her plot goes into action: Katie infiltrates cat society and gathers information on how to steal the jewels with the help of one of Squeaky's mental manifestations. It takes the form of a snake that swallows the jewels and leaves through the house's ventilation system before anyone realizes what's happened.

Streaky respectfully declines to accompany Krypto on patrol because he feels he has to check up on Princess, knowing how close she is to her due date. Krypto nods understandingly (making a mental note to get around to proposing to Rosie sometime soon) and agrees to fly patrol solo tonight. At least until he sees Blaze ALSO flying solo patrol. Blaze explains that Squeaky said he'd be at Francesca's mansion tonight and couldn't accompany him on patrol (though Blaze could tell that even though Squeaky said this in a tone that implied that he was TRYING to sound like his usual friendly self, he was still obviously distracted by his romantic issues).

Soon after that, Krypto offers to let Blaze patrol with HIM tonight and the Fire Hound agrees. Along the way on their patrol, Krypto's X-ray vision and super-hearing pick up the distress at the Secanabesse mansion, which prompts them to stop to investigate. Noticing Squeaky's obvious distress, they try to focus him on the case and get his mind off his personal problems. Squeaky thanks them both for the concern but he's oviously angry and is letting his hatred of his rival get the better of him.

Taking a break from the case, Squeaky decides to confront the issue and asks Francesca about their future. She giggles and tells Squeaky she's had laughs with him, but he's really not her type, and besides, he should be looking for the stolen jewels. Squeaky is crushed. Prinzey smiles smugly and waves at him. Squeaky clenches his paws. If he wasn't a good-natured cat, he would be using his powers to pummel the guy.

Squeaky's emotions have gotten the better of him and he misses out on clues pointing to the plot. But outside, Blaze and Krypto see the trail left by the snake manifestation and proceed, not knowing that Isis is ready for them. Hearing something suspicious, 'Prinzey' excuses himself and also goes outside to investigate.

Unfortunately, the space ranger is bushwhacked and hogtied by Isis (who was hiding in some nearby bushes and saw the officer head outside). Blaze and Krypto hear the struggle and rush to help, but are bushwhacked and captured themselves (this time by Katie), courtesy of a super-powerful freeze gas the criminal cats packed in case Fire Hound showed up (and made strong enough to do the job against Superdog and/or Supercat in case one or both of them ALSO showed up).

Isis smirks as she notices the strange creature that is following the policeman. Look what Power Cat conjured up for us, she says. The smirk becomes even bigger when she sees Katie pointing to the ice block that clearly shows that Fire Hound and Superdog are captured too.

Ace learns of the plot from his informants too late, but shows up with his new trainee, Trump (Ace wants to make sure that, when the time comes to pass the mask, cape and utility collar on to another dog, he'll be ready), to warn Squeaky. Instead he is met by the green tiger Squeaky's jealousy has created. The tiger is headed for Prinzey, but Ace is just in time to save his life and ends up fighting Squeaky's mental manifestation to save the policeman, Krypto and Blaze. Squeaky is outside the mansion depressed, feeling sorry for himself and angry at his rival, still not realizing his rival was an undercover officer and unaware of Krypto and Blaze's plight. He's so depressed he doesn't notice the not-that far away commotion his super-hearing should be picking up. Meanwhile, Ace notices something familiar about the eyes of the creature he is battling and tells Trump to find Squeaky, who should be close by.

Streaky, feeling quilty about letting his impending fatherhood distract him when Squeaky was trying to talk to him earlier, is looking for his nephew (having tenderly and politely excused himself from Princess long enough to do so with the solemn promise that he'd be back as soon as he had a chance to talk to Squeaky) and is just arriving at the mansion based on the commotion his super-hearing picked up. Streaky sees the green tiger and quickly picks up on what's happening with the help of his super-hearing and X-ray vision. As much as he wants to apologize to Squeaky, Streaky knows that Krypto, Blaze, Ace and the other cat need help desperately and are in the more immediate trouble.

Trump quickly locates Power Cat and he explains the situation. Squeaky is extremely embarassed and immediately says he will do what he can to help.

Meanwhile, Streaky is using his experience with his own powers to make mental contact with the manifestation so that he can subdue it without hurting it (since hurting it which would also injure Squeaky). Ace takes advantage of Streaky's distracting the manifestation to free the space ranger from his bonds and the two of them begin working to free Krypto and Blaze from their icy prison. The green creature becomes less aggressive as Streaky communicates with it. Just at the moment that Squeaky realizes what's happening, the tiger turns red and Ace is surprised when it turns around to give him a sheepish grin and disappears into the dark (which frees Streaky up to use his heat vision to speed up Ace and "Prinzey's" efforts to free Krypto and Blaze).

Isis and Katie try to slip away while Ace, Streaky and the space cop are distracted and Krypto and Blaze are both still frozen, but Squeaky and Trump arrive just in time, thanks to the former's super-speed and X-ray vision. With the help of the space ranger's just arriving partner, they block off the two criminal cats' escape long enough for Krypto and Blaze's trio of rescuers to finish thawing out the two heroes. Isis tries to go for the other super-freeze-gas capsule they brought, but Ace, Krypto, Streaky, Blaze and the space ranger stop her from actually getting it (and Streaky super-speedily removes Isis's amulet to boot, giving Isis a stern, but controlled "nobody messes with my nephew" glare). Realizing they are badly outnumbered, totally surrounded and without weapons that could do them any good, the two villainesses surrender without further incident.

As the villains are being led away, Streaky sincerely apologizes to Squeaky about letting himself get as distracted as he was and Squeaky, in kind, sincerely apologizes to "Prinzey", Krypto and Blaze for unintentionally causing this problem. However, he also notices that the intergalactic officer's female cat partner is a lot nicer than "Prinzey.” She winks at him and says her name translates to Mar-wei. She's busy now but she'd like to see him sometime and they trade contact information.

With Isis and Katie securely in custody, Ace and Trump head back to Gotham City. With Krypto, Squeaky and Blaze accompanying him, Streaky starts back to resume his vigil of Princess's bedside. On the way, Streaky once again, apologizes to his nephew, but he also adds that Squeaky will need to consult with Brainy Barker about controlling his powers. What's more, Streaky says he will try to be more supportive of his nephew in the future. Squeaky nods at this as they, Krypto and Blaze make it to Princess just in time to witness the birth of Streaky and Princess's kittens.

Later, much of the Krypto 'family' is assembled as Streaky glows with pride and Princess lies on a huge cat bed with her newborns. There are two white kittens, one grey kitten and one orange kitten with two streaks that encircle his body. Teenage Kevin and Andrea and some members of the Dog Stars, (Tail Terrier, Tusky Husky and Mammoth Mutt), the League of Super Cats (Diamond, Atomic Tom and, most surprisingly, Power Puss [actually a fair bit friendlier than the last time Streaky saw her; Tom grinningly accounts this to the fact he was able to eventually break through some of her emotional barriers, between the fact he's saved her life a fair number of times AND the fact they've even started dating on a semi-regularly basis {Streaky gives Tom a good natured nod and half-jokingly voices his pity for Tom}]) and even the Justice League of Animals (Zipster, Slick, Chameleon Collie, Tech-Hound and Verdant Victory [the latter three keeping a VERY close eye on the former two]) are also on hand.

Streaky says he's given it a lot of thought and now, even though he knows it IS going to be hard work (especially considering the very definite possibility that those kittens could develop super-powers) he thinks fatherhood is going to be great in the long run, maybe even a lot of fun mixed in with the hard work. He also says he can't wait to take the kids prowling through trash cans, exploring the streets and patrolling for fish. Princess frowns at him and he gives her an appeasement smile. There's a time for fun and a time to be serious, he tells her. The kids will learn royal manners too, he says, and Princess seems mollified, not noticing Streaky's crossed paws. But he uncrosses them as he promises Princess he'll always be there for her and the family. Squeaky tenderly nods at this and adds he'll definitely be there for his uncle, aunt and new cousins when needed too.

Once again, catfan1. Sorry to do this to you. I just spotted some minor goofs that slipped my notice before now and was trying to correct them. My bad for putting you in this spot (embarrassed grin)

catfan1

[11]Sep 14, 2005
    Once again, catfan1. Sorry to do this to you. I just spotted some minor goofs that slipped my notice before now and was trying to correct them. My bad for putting you in this spot (embarrassed grin)[/QUOTE]

No problem at all, thanks for making the corrections. I enjoyed working with you on this by the way.

Comickook

[12]Sep 14, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    Once again, catfan1. Sorry to do this to you. I just spotted some minor goofs that slipped my notice before now and was trying to correct them. My bad for putting you in this spot (embarrassed grin)

No problem at all, thanks for making the corrections. I enjoyed working with you on this by the way.[/QUOTE]

Same here, catfan1. Same here.

KnightMysterio

[13]Sep 16, 2005
    • level: 3
    Now, onto business.

The Justice League of Animals in... Dogs Of War

Krypto, Zipster, Verdant Victory, Ace, and Wanda are monitoring things from the JLA's base, watching through the monitoring devices Ace set up throughout several different cities. Krypto comments on the whereabouts of the other League members to Wanda, while Ace just looks dramatic and stoic, watching the monitors. Zipster is bored, and tries to play a prank on VV, but she counters without even moving a muscle, surrounding Zipster in a green energy ball and bouncing him a couple dozen times. Krypto and Wanda laugh, as VV just smirks, her tail swishing back and forth. Zipster grumbles something and offers to go get lunch for everyone, when Ace calls for everyone's attention.

In Metropolis, a massive boom is heard, forming into a massive tube of energy. Two powerful-looking, armored dogs come through, one gold-furred, one blue-furred, with high-tech collars. They glare at everyone and fly off. The League mobilizes, and meet up with the two new dogs. The gold-furred male tells them to get out of the way, his collar making pinging noises as he fights to keep himself calm. The blue-furred female silences him with a glance and introduces them as Wargod and Big Adria, pets to Orion and Big Barda. Zipster introduces himself in usual manner and immediately makes a bad impression, getting forced back by Astro-Force eyebeams from Wargod. He starts to say a smart remark, but a glare from Big Adria shuts him up. They tell the JLA not to interfere, that they're on a mission to stop Darkseid's pet, the golem hound Shadowen. Krypto protests, claiming they can help, but Wargod snaps at them, telling them that Shadowen is beyond anything they've ever faced. They go into detail about his evil, and the atrocities he's committed in the name of his master.

And then there is a shuddering of the Earth, and the sound of the police, first yelling, and then screaming in fear in pain. There is a bright red light that temporarily blinds everyone save for Wargod and Adria. Zipster had zipped off to see when the light started up, and came back, fear in his manner, reporting that a dog that looked like he was carved out of stone had done SOMETHING to some policemen he was fighting, something horrible and beyond description. Wargod growls, and Big Adria shivers.

"The Omega Effect... They are gone forever now, beyond time and space, beyond even what the gods now..."

Everyone is horrified at this. And then Shadowen appears on every monitor in the city square, smirking down at Adria and Wargod.

---commercial break---

Shadowen comments that he's surprised that the two of them are here, and says that it won't matter, that he'll bring order to this world for Darkseid. Wargod snarls angrily, declaring that Shadowen will be sent back to Darkseid as dust. Shadowen just chuckles and dares them to come after him.

The image shuts off, and Big Adria demands to know what that place was in the background. Krypto tells them (the city park), and Adria admonishes them to stay put, warning them of Shadowen's power. Wargod says that they're too weak, and they wouldn't matter anyway, and they fly off.

Zipster, insulted, thinks they should just leave. VV (VERY reluctantly) agrees, but for different reasons. She's heard of Darkseid from the two GLs she partners with, and is more than a little nervous. Krypto, Ace, and Wanda each say something inspirational and then go off to fight Shadowen. VV just shakes her head, admiring their courage.

"The world's finest..." she says, flying off after them. Zipster, cursing them and himself as fools, follows.

Meanwhile, at the park, Big Adria and Wargod are fighting Shadowen. The earth shakes from their blows, Adria's Mega Rod fetchstick creating shockwaves and gravitic waves, and actually cracking Shadowen's face when she smashes him in the face with it. Wargod is more physical, grapping with Shadowen and hitting him pointblank with Astro Force eyelasers. But Shadowen's power proves to be greater, and he blasts them aside. He then wraps them in lasers from his eyes, and says something that chills the two battle-hardened warriors.

"These are merely finder beams. Next comes the OMEGA EFFECT."

Wargod howls in raging protest, while Big Adria just glares at Shadowen, as he powers up to finish them off. But before that happens, a massive green hammer slams down on Shadowen, dispersing the beams. Krypto, once the hammer retracts, fires a powerful blast of heat vision that drives Shadowen back. Ace runs up to Shadowen, distracting him with a couple Batarangs, and blinds him with a flashbomb. As Shadowen staggers back, snarling angrily, Wanda tackles him, and uses the lariat attached to her hip. She wraps the loop around his neck and flies upward, strangling Shadowen as she flings him hard. VV moves in again, catching him and throwing him to Krypto and Wanda, who ram him HARD, sending him down into a bomb set up by Ace. Zipster then attacks, his attacks not doing any damage but annoying him, distracting him long enough for Wargod and Adria to recover, the two hitting him with a combination of a thrown Mega Rod and Astro Force blast.

The two god dogs admit that the JLA do seem capable of holding their own, and agree to let them help. Zipster starts to make a scathing remark, but a glare from Ace AND Adria shuts him up. Shadowen recovers, annoyed, and calls for Parademons. The assembled pets all start fighting them, Adria and Wanda trading friendly banter and eventually daring each other to see who can knock out the most Parademons. VV, Zipster, Krypto, Wargod, and Ace fight hard as well, taking out many Parademons as Shadowen watches with growing fury. Wargod is VERY impressed with Wanda, smiling as he admires her Amazonian ferocity in battle. Adria sees this and is more than a little surprised, but not displeased, that Wargod knows HOW to smile. She herself is becoming impressed with Ace whom, despite having no powers, is holding is own against the Parademons.

Eventually, Krypto and Wargod break free of the crowd of Parademons and fire their eyeblasts at Shadowen. He counters with an Omega Beam that creates an explosion powerful enough to knock down all the competitors. He then uses the Omega Effect on the Parademons, saying that their failure is inexcusable, and that the real reason for his mission has failed with the damaging of their battlesuits and weapons, which he needed to intigrate with a weapon he was making. He creates a Boom Tube, promising Wargod, Adria, and the JLA that they would pay for opposing him, and in the end, they would all die for Darkseid. He leaves, the Boom Tube closing behind him.

The heroes all take time to recover, resting in the shade of a tree, Ace making sure to stay deeper in the shadows than the others. Wargod and Adria thank the JLA for their help, complimenting their abilities and saying that their estimate of Earth heroes has gone up. They would be returning home soon, to make their report, but would be glad to work with them again. At least, Adria would be. Wargod comments that the jury's still out on his opinion of them. As Krypto converses with the two god dogs, Ace comments to Wanda that he might have a way to make her lasso easier to use.

All in all, it's a peaceful moment for the heroes.

Then Zipster ruins it by getting Wargod angry. Wargod chases Zipster, his Mother Box collar pinging over and over as it tries in vain to calm him down. Adria just shakes her head, irritated, promising to stop him before he kills Zipster. The others laugh after she explains the reason for the pinging, and watch as Wargod works out his anger.

---The End---

KnightMysterio

[14]Sep 17, 2005
    • level: 3
    Ace the Bathound in... Stalker

It starts out with Bathound on patrol. He finds hears someone calling for help, and finds one of his usual informants, a street thug cat named Rufus. Only he's been beaten up badly, with claw scars on him. Bathound questions him, and he tells him that he was attacked by some cat in a purple costume, that she was looking for the Penguin's birds. Bathound tells him to head off for a vet and heads off. He eventually comes to an abandoned ice cream factory, finding a cat in purple costume and cape beating the living daylights out of Griff, Artie, and Waddles. Bathound makes a dramatic entrance, crashing through the window and scaring the daylights out of the already frightened birds, leaving them open for a grapple line to imprison them. The cat snarls at Bathound, saying that she had it covered. Bathound says that she must be with the Huntress, and the cat agrees, introducing herself as Huntress's pet, Stalker. She then moves to finish off the birds for good, but Bathound gets in her way. The two fight, an intense battle that Bathound easily manages to win. He sends out a signal for Animal Control to come pick up the birds, and orders Stalker to follow him. He heads to the roof with her, and demands to know what she thinks she's doing. Stalker, albiet reluctantly, tells him her story, about how she witnessed the murder of Huntress's family with her, and trained alongside her. She swore herself to the same mission as her mistress that day. Bathound, being not entirely unsympathetic, looked thoughtful for a moment and said that she had potential to do a lot of good. However, if she killed, she would be no better than the criminals she fought.

This, needless to say, struck a nerve with her.

Bathound continued, saying that he would take her in and train her, even give her a probationary JLA membership, on the single condition that she NOT use overly brutal tactics against her adversaries. He swore that if she didn't, he would drive her away from Gotham forever. Stalker, reluctantly, agrees, knowing that this is a tremendous opportunity, and the two go their seperate ways, agreeing to meet later on to begin training.

The episode ends with a shot of the Batsignal in the sky...

Comickook

[15]Sep 17, 2005
    Very good ones, KM. Both of them. I'm definitely going to be eagerly awaiting your next two "introduction episode" ideas for the remaining members of the Justice League of Animals B-Team.

Ladsone

[16]Sep 18, 2005
    • level: 13
    OK Guys and Gals, Casey has come up with this idea (with a little input from his uncle, Comickook, Catfan1 and KM - thanks to all of you for the input) for his first Creative Writing project. I'll let all of you judge this and see if it has potential. I got to hand it to the little guy, he's now a devoted Krypto superfan (and No you can't have that yellow lab in the pet store yet!)

The JLA in "Red Light, Yellow Light"

The scene opens at the Metropolis Space Port, which is operated by Waynetech Industries. Security is especially tight this evening because a new military satellite is being launched in the morning. A tanker truck containing liquid nitrogen pulls up to the gate and the driver tells the guard that it is a delivery for the launch site. The guard visually inspects the truck and allows it to pass. A few minutes later, the truck arrives and the driver and his helper get out of the truck and start to connect the hoses to the rocket to load the fuel. The driver then flips a switch under the truck and the back panel of the tanker opens to reveal Moses and two followers of Ra's Al Ghoul. They have been ordered by Ra's to install a "special device" to the satellite. The henchmen set up a video of normal activity around the rocket and plug it into the security system so all the security people see are the tanker off-loading its supply and then take the elevator to the top of the rocket. They install the device into the satellite, remove the video from the security system, and go back into the tanker where the others are waiting. The truck then leaves as if nothing happened.

The next morning, Bruce Wayne and Ace are at the Command Center to watch the launch with members of the military (who are paying a pretty penny to launch this satellite). The launch goes without a hitch and everyone appears pleased (especially Ra's Al Ghoul, who's watching the launch on TV). "Phase One of our plan to eliminate three of our enemies is now complete" he proudly announces to Moses and his followers. "In twenty-four hours, Superman, Superdog and Supercat will bother us no more my beloved pet." Ra's and Moses then leave the room and retire to their quarters.

Meanwhile, at the command center, the satellite is being placed in its established orbit and all seems to go as normal, until a hatch pops off the top of the satellite and a dish comes out and emits a red light aimed directly at the sun. The light reaches its target and suddenly, the sun turns from yellow to red. Technicians try to shut the satellite down, but the beam seems to have its own power source (ironically, solar power). The decision is made to contact Bruce Wayne and inform him of the situation. This is happening in the middle of the night so its full effect will not be seen until the next morning. Mr. Wayne is at his hotel when he is notified and he says he will return to the spaceport immediately. He switches the TV on in his suite and the story has already hit the news channels. Bruce knows that Superman is with the Justice League in another galaxy so he will not be affected by this, but Ace realizes that Krypto and Streaky will be. After Bruce leaves, Ace leaves the hotel and goes to Kevin's backyard where Krypto is sleeping. Krypto is horrified by the announcement and quickly changes to Superdog. He flies over to Steaky's house and wakes Streaky up (in the middle of a dream about Princess and fish). Krypto tells Streaky about the problem and Streaky climbs out the window and changes to Supercat. Our three heroes then go down to the rocket and contact the JLA.

--- break ---

The JLA is already on the case when Krypto contacts them. They know they only have a few minutes before sunrise. Ace has a copy of the microfilm that has the satellite plans on it (that was in Bruce's briefcase) and will take the underground rocket sled from Kevin's house to the JLA compound. Meanwhile, K-dog and Streaky try to figure out who did this and why. They fly to Lexcorp and wake up Ignatius to see if Luthor had anything to do with this. Iggy says that he was not aware of any plans to do in the super pets (though he wouldn't exactly miss them). Krypto tells Iggy that if he hears of anything to get word to him. Iggy promises to do so "and an iguana always keeps his word" and the two fly back to the rocket. The first rays of daybreak are on the horizon and Krpto and Streaky land just before dawn. As they watch the sunrise, they begin to feel weaker. K-dog calls for Kevin to come outside quick. Kevin hears this and runs outside and finds the two literally lying on the ground in pain. Kevin asks what's wrong and K-dog tells him to look at the sun. Kevin sees it's red and realizes that Superdog gets his powers because of earth's yellow sun. Meanwhile, at the JLA, Ace has arrived and he and others are going over the plans to the satellite when the dog stars call. Brainy says she saw the red sun and was worried about Krypto and Streaky. Ace tells them that he had not heard from them and does not know how they are, but knows it can't be good. Just then, the JLA comlink goes off. It's Kevin calling from the rocket telling them that K-dog and streaky are hurt. Ace tells Kevin that K-dog and Streaky are now vulnerable to pain and that they must get to the compound immediately for their own protection. Kevin tells Ace that he will need some help getting them down to the rocket sled. Wonderdog says she will go to help them and will be there shortly with the sled.

TO BE CONTINUED

Comickook

[17]Sep 18, 2005
    Hey, this is pretty darn good so far. I also have to thank KM and catfan1 for their contributions.

3StarvingArtist

[18]Sep 18, 2005
    • level: 10
    Agreed. Everyone's IC, plus, nice pacing and action. I'll be awaiting the 2nd half. :-D

catfan1

[19]Sep 18, 2005
    That is a good plot idea and I like the way it's been developed. I'll be interested to see what happens next.

catfan1

[20]Sep 19, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]