Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode ideas 2

Comickook

[21]Sep 19, 2005
    • level: 9
    Well, catfan1, you said I might have to do some edits here and there and I'll certainly do my best to oblige.

catfan1 wrote:
    I wondered what happened after Streaky and Princess met in 'Stray for a Day" so I decided to write something on that subject, explaining how they began a long-distance relationship. I consulted with Comickook and he offered some revisions and came up with the big climactic battle scene and also the quote from Prince Tomaz near the end. Thanks, Comickook, collaborating on these stories is a lot of fun.

Streaky's Royal Romance

This story begins just after the closing of "Stray for a Day." Princess is upset at Streaky for his behavior at his recognition ceremony. But instead of apologizing, the Supercat is angry at Princess because he believes she's
    taking the whole thing too seriously. Princess returns to Catalia and Streaky tells Krypto it's too bad she turned out to be such a snob.
    But a week later, Streaky finds he's thinking of the royal cat constantly and decides maybe he was at least somewhat wrong. After all, that day exploring the less glamorous side of Metropolis with Princess was one of the best times of Streaky's life. So he tells Krypto he's flying to Catalia to apologize to Princess and takes off (Krypto, meanwhile, comments about how thankful he is that Metropolis has been pretty quiet the past three days with most of the major trouble makers either behind bars or in hiding).

After about a half-hour of hypersonic flight, Streaky arrives in Catalia, but when he nears the royal compound he sees something very upsetting: Princess is with a tall, good-looking and extremely well-mannered tom cat in
    the park area outside the castle. Streaky touches down and in response to Princess's questioning look, says he just happened to be in the neighborhood and decided to drop in. Princess smiles briefly then politely, but somewhat coldly, introduces him to Prince Tomaz from the neighboring kingdom of Kitaya. The Prince respectfully extends his paw in friendship, a gesture Streaky half-grudgingly accepts (though he does give Tomaz a quick and quiet 'I'll be watching you like a hawk, buster' glare.)

Princess invites him to stay for a royal banquet that evening and Streaky promises to be on his best behavior this time. Streaky then begins to say there's something he has to tell Princess, but before he can finish, he hears barking behind them. But Princess tells him to relax, it's only the royal guards. They are three menacing Rottweilers: Bruto, Brutus and Butch.

'Watch your step, cat,' snarls Bruto. Princess replies, "Bruto, Streaky is a guest, he is welcome here." The dog stiffly bows to Princess and then they turn around, though Streaky can't help getting a very bad feeling about those three.

When Streaky asks Princess about Tomaz she will only say coyly she and the prince were planning to attend the royal reception together that evening, but Streaky is welcome to attend also. Streaky grits his teeth about the first part, but quickly calms down at the second part saying that the pleasure would be all his. After all, this allows him to spend more time with Princess.

At the same time, the prince is meeting with a veiled cat and asks if she has more advice on wooing the princess. Tomaz says he can see he now has competition for her affection. The veiled cat reminds him it's in the best interest of his country to woo Princess and asks if he has considered that Catalia has technology and wealth that could greatly benefit them. Tomaz stiffens and says he is offended by the suggestion that he has ulterior motives in courting the princess and he is starting to question the quality of the advice he is receiving. He leaves the room.

Deliah rips off the veil, an angry scowl on her face. Her plans for Mechanikat to gain a stronghold of power in this part of the world are threatened. Behind her, a red light begins flashing, the face of the lead dog guard appears on a screen and says there is a complication, Supercat has shown up.

After initially expressing anger that Streaky is again threatening her plans, Deliah says this might be fun at that (even if she now has to step up her time table) and she has an idea, explaining it to the the lead dog guard.

Meanwhile, Princess is explaining to Streaky that they should all be cautious because there are rumors of a plot to overthrow the king and suspicious events have been occurring around the palace. Streaky gives his solemn word to be on full alert for anything remotely suspicious looking.

Tomaz also offers to help and introduces Streaky to his own guards: Whiney, Tiny and Victory (bearing uncanny resemblances to the obscure Hanna-Barbera characters, Yippie, Yappie and Yahooie); a tall, skinny German Shepherd, a stout sheepdog and a diminutive Boston Terrier, respectively. They bow to Streaky and pledge their allegiance. Unfortunately the sword strapped to Tiny's waist pokes Victory in the stomach as Tiny bows. Victory leaps into the air and howls in pain. Tomaz sighs. They were his father's loyal guards and he wouldn't have
    the heart to fire them. Whiney is explaining to Streaky that they have looked after Tomaz since he was a very small kitten. "You know how long it took this guy to learn to use a litter box?" Whiney asks. Tomaz covers his face and groans in embarassment and both Streaky and Princess are having a hard time containing their laughter.

Princess leaves the room and Tomaz asks to speak to Streaky alone. Streaky, however, is still suspicious of Tomaz's motives, but before he can respond to his offer to help, there is more barking outside. Streaky goes out to investigate and sees the lead rottweiler guard pointing a weapon at Princess. She is frozen and can't move. Streaky flies to her aid but is also frozen by the weapon. The dog throws Streaky and Princess in the swimming pool as a diversionary tactic as the noise begins to attract attention in the palace. Bruto decides he can't risk being caught with the princess and takes off. Fortunately as a royal cat, Tomaz has had swimming lessons and gets the two to safety as the freezing effects begin to wear off. The lead dog grumbles about the insistence of their backer that they step up their time table.

Princess says the situation is more dangerous than she thought. Not only are the guards traitors, they must be dealing with a powerful opponent with access to alien technology. Tomaz groans and comments he might have some idea about who it might be and heads off, clearly intent (to us, anyway) on having a not-so-friendly talk with his "advisor".

Out of Tomaz's earshot, Princess, as if sensing Streaky's suspicions, insists to the super-cat there is no way Tomaz could be involved (at least not knowingly). He has a deeply ingrained sense of honor, she says, and is extremely loyal. Streaky still has his doubts, but isn't about to start another argument with Princess before he has a chance to finally apologize. Still, he knows how serious the situation really is, so after promising Princess he'll be back as soon as he can, the super-cat takes off on a weapons' hunt.

Deliah is infuriated now. Her plans are unraveling quickly: Tomaz is catching on, her dog spies have blown their cover in the failed attempt to kidnap Princess and Streaky is still a threat. At least she still has a chance for revenge, she thinks. Deliah announces it's time for plan C and the lead guard dog shudders.
    A short time later as Streaky is flying over the palace grounds, scouring them with his X-ray vision, he spots a underground cache of alien weaponry.
    Using his super-speed to become like a living drill, he reaches the cache and then he uses his heat vision to destroy the weapons. Then, as he flies out of the hole he made, he sees something: a metallic cat. No, his telescopic vision confirms upon further examination; it's a cat in a suit of exo-armor. He flies in closer, focusing his telescopic vision a little bit more as he does so, and is shocked to see his old enemy, Deliah.

She is headed straight for Princess and Prince Tomaz. Streaky yells at Tomaz to take care of Princess while he deals with this threat. Streaky and Deliah face off and the villainous cat smirks and says she's waited a long time for this chance and, thanks to the exo-skeleton, lands a surprisingly powerful blow in Streaky's face, but Streaky is fast enough to dodge the second attempted blow before attempting one of his own. Unfortunately, the electro-defense shield Deliah installed in the exo-suit stops the attempted blow and momentarily fazes Streaky, who recovers just in time to avoid a blast from Deliah's left shoulder laser cannon.

The super-cat then makes a super-speedy dive for the ground directly in front of the exo-suit enhanced Deliah; the speed of the dive kicking up a decent-sized dust storm that temporarily disorients the villainess and gives him the chance to spin around her fast enough to create a very localized whirlwind to trap her. Unfortunately, a blast from the missile launcher Deliah installed in her exo-suit's right shoulder sends Streaky flying back a
    little and negates that tactic. In fact, it's all Streaky can do to recover from the missile shot in time to avoid the rapidly incoming Deliah, who is flying on heel jets she also thought to install in the exo-armor. Deliah
    tries firing a freeze ray blast from her exo-armor's chest plate, but Streaky narrowly dodges, grumbling about the weapons Deliah installed in that suit and the electro-defense shields the prevent him from attacking the
    suit directly.

But while the battle continues, the three evil guards surround Princess and Tomaz. Tomaz's guards are looking over the grounds on the roof of the castle and their leader, Whiney, points down. Princess and Tomaz are in trouble and it's up to them now. The three guards swing down on ropes and give their battle cry: "Whiny! Tiny! and Vict-oooory!" Unfortunately they all crash into one another and land on the ground in a heap.

The three rottweilers, after shaking off short bouts of laughter, menacingly turn their attention to the guards who are up now on their feet, but seem to be badly outmatched in size, brains and aggressiveness. The evil dogs charge, but two of them trip over the diminutive Victory. "Our secret weapon!" Whiney exclaims.

Whiney engages the lead dog, Bruto, in swordplay and is losing badly when Tiny throws his cape over the large dog, who bumps into a palace column and is knocked out. Victory and Tiny have tied up one of the dazed rottweilers.
    Their remaining opponent charges Whiney who runs, luring him behind a palace wall where Tiny and Victory are waiting, Victory smashing into the dog's paw with a mallet. The three jump on the rottweiler and, after a brief struggle in which Victory is nearly squashed, they tie up their opponent. The three dogs celebrate their victory with a high five.

Streaky, meanwhile, is continuing to battle Deliah over the Catalia skies and is starting to get the upper hand thanks to his speed and heat vision, which he uses to disable her exo-skeleton's heel jets, weapons' systems and, as the suit crashes, arms and legs. Finally, he has the villainess cornered, but she triggers a set of explosives directly over the roofed area where the Prince and Princess sought shelter.

Their opponents tied up, the good-guy guards hear the explosion and try to rush to their prince's aid, but Streaky's super speed gets him there first and he focuses on holding up the ceiling while the guards get Tomaz and Princess to safety. But unknown to Streaky, Deliah has planted a chunk of Green Kryptonite in the room just above the roof just in case she needed to use the 'collapsing the ceiling' tactic to escape. The Kryptonite falls from the cracks, leaving Streaky too weak to dig his way out of the wreckage when it completely collapses just after the guards get their prince and Princess clear.

Princess sees Streaky trapped and, after removing the Kryptonite a safe distance from Streaky, frantically works on digging him out while Victory works to get the Kryptonite further away from Streaky while the prince, Whiney and Tiny help dig Streaky out.

Freed from the rubble, Streaky learns that Deliah escaped, but her three spy dogs are in custody thanks to Tomaz's guards. Still recovering from the Kryptonite, Streaky says there's something he finally has to tell Princess. But she says she knew what had brought him there when she first saw him and admits maybe she was also a little in the wrong to overreact so strongly to his table manners.

The next day, as they prepare for the rescheduled royal banquet, prince sighs and tells Princess he sees that he couldn't have competed with Streaky for long in her eyes. "I figured that from the way I heard her talk about you, even when she was mad at you, and my suspicions were confirmed yesterday from how frantically she seemed to be trying to help you when you were trapped. She rushed to your side before I even had a chance to offer assistance." he adds to Streaky.

Streaky and Tomaz shake paws. Streaky says he had the prince all wrong. Tomaz is a real pal and his guards are okay, too. Later, as they stroll around the palace grounds, Streaky and Princess discuss their future. It won't be easy maintaining a long distance relationship, but the queen has a summer home and office in Metropolis she visits often and Streaky will try to get away to Catalia as often as he can.
    They celebrate at that evening's banquet. And when the fish eggs are served, Streaky, after coaching by Tomaz, displays perfect manners, eating slowly and carefully under Princess's watchful eyes.

Thanks for the credit and thanks for getting this up, catfan1.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ladsone

[22]Sep 21, 2005
    • level: 13
    Hi Everyone. Casey and I have been conferring for about two and one-half hours this afternoon and he's finished the second half of Red Light, Yellow Light. I did get an e-mail from his writing teacher wanting to know a little bit more about the forum. She will be checking out the site to see what his uncle and his friends are writing about and where he gets these ideas. So without further adieu, here's the second part.

RED LIGHT, YELLOW LIGHT (Part 2)

The scene is the rocket sled station at the JLA compound. Wonder dog, K-dog, Streaky and Kevin are in the sled as it arrives. Krypto and Streaky are taken to a holding area where they are treated with intense beams of artificial yellow sunlight. This eases their pain and gives them limited use of their powers. Ace brings them up to speed and then goes over to the computer. The computer has processed the information and the computer determines that Ra's Al Ghoul is responsible for the changing of the sun's color. Krypto adds that Moses has to be involved in some way and Ace agrees. Ace tells Krypto that the other members of the JLA are at the Space Port looking for clues and the dog stars are monitoring the satellite to see if there is any way to shut down the beam.

Meanwhile, Ra's Al Ghoul and Moses are looking at the red sun and Ah Ghoul tells Moses "Now my pet, you and my legion will go to Metropolis and prepare for my arrival to take over the city. It is there that we will begin our new order." Moses bows before his master and he and the soldiers head to the airships for the trip. As the ships lift off, Ra's begins to wonder "It is strange that I have not heard from or seen "the Detective". Perhaps I am underestimating his ability." He looks again at the sun and walks away.

--- break ---

The scene is Bruce's office at the Space Port where he is on the phone with the Pentagon about the possibility of destroying the satellite with a missile. The generals agree that this is the only viable option. They will launch a missile from one of their bases within the hour. Ace has notified Bruce as to his findings and says the JLA and the dog stars (minus K-dog and Streaky) are ready to help if they are needed. Bruce has been in contact with the Justice League as well and informs them of the decision to destroy the satellite. Superman tells Bruce that once the satellite is destroyed and he and the others are able to return to Earth, they will personally take care of Ra's Al Ghoul once and for all.

Back at Ra's Al Ghoul's base, Ra's has been pacing back and forth rather nervously. He calls his Lieutenants together and tells them to recall the airships. He has decided that "The time is not right for the order to begin. I will decide later when this will take place." His lieutenants look at him, but Al Ghoul orders that the ships return and the beam be turned off immediately. The order is given and the ships turn around. The beam is then turned off as well. Both the JLA and the dog stars see the beam stop and the sun slowly turning back to yellow. After a few minutes, the sun is back to normal and K-dog and Streaky are looking at "the most beautiful site in the world." Bruce is on the phone to the Pentagon and tells them to stop the countdown. The dog stars offer to bring the satellite back to Earth and have Waynetech's scientists look at and remove the device. He then notifies the Justice League and tells Superman that "I'll go to Al Ghoul's compound tonight alone and find out what happened." The others agree to let Batman handle this himself.

That night, Ra's and Moses receive a visitor. "I was wondering when you would arrive detective" Al Ghoul says, not even looking at the balcony where Batman is standing. Moses growls and stands between Batman and his master, but Al Ghoul tells Moses to go lie down in the corner. After his explanation, Batman asks Ra's "what made you change your mind?" Al Ghoul replies "I felt a certain uneasiness about this and decided that the time was not right." Batman nods and tells him "You did me a favor Al Ghoul, but don't expect one in return." Batman then leaves the compound and returns to Wayne Manor where Ace is waiting.

K-dog and Streaky return home to a very happy Kevin, who gives them both a well deserved hug.

LADSONE AND CASEY TOO!

Comickook

[23]Sep 21, 2005
    Thanks for the wrap up to this story, Ladsone. This is pretty good stuff, actually. I've got a story idea lurking in my head, but it'll be a while before it's fully formed.

catfan1

[24]Sep 22, 2005
    • level: 17
    I enjoyed the story, Ladsone, interesting to see how you ended up handling the idea. I'm looking forward to reading more from everyone. It appears the forum members aren't out of ideas yet!
    I've got a few ideas and outlines in various stages of completion myself, but the hard part is turning them into coherent stories so we'll see what happens.

Ladsone

[25]Sep 22, 2005
    Hello all. Thanks to Comickook, Catfan1 and KM for their input. Casey seems pleased with the story, but I was a little disappointed (guess I'm just expecting too much out of my nephew -- guess I better tone it down a little). I'll be curious to see what kind of grade he gets. When he does, I'll let you all know.

LADSONE AND CASEY TOO!

Mammal_Mage

[26]Sep 22, 2005
    • level: 24
    here's an idea i got from an episode of the power rangers(a very old episode), and it seems good for the fall season.

kevin and krypto were watching horror movies and start to dream that mechanikat turned the dog stars into famous movies monsters.

ace: a vampire
    streaky: michel jackson's zombie
    tusky-husky: a werewolf
    tail-terrier: a mummy
    brainy-baker: a witch
    mechanikat: a mad scientist
    snooky: his asstint
    bulldog: frankinstein's monster

Comickook

[27]Sep 22, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    here's an idea i got from an episode of the power rangers(a very old episode), and it seems good for the fall season.

kevin and krypto were watching horror movies and start to dream that mechanikat turned the dog stars into famous movies monsters.

bulldog: Frankenstein's Monster

Cute idea for a Halloween episode. Heck, why not have it actually happen rather than it being a dream? (well, at least Ace andthe Dog Stars turning into movie monsters part) Heck, maybe Mammoth Mutt as one of those B-Movie giant ants, Hot Dog as a fire-breathing dragon, Paw Pooch as a swamp monster (you know how grabby THEY tend to get) and Krypto himself as King Kong.

And of course, the heroes will have to figure out a way to turn themselves back to normal while getting the hang of their new bodies.

Mammal_Mage

[28]Sep 22, 2005
    • level: 24
    Comickook wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:

Cute idea for a Halloween episode. Heck, why not have it actually happen rather than it being a dream? (well, at least Ace andthe Dog Stars turning into movie monsters part) Heck, maybe Mammoth Mutt as one of those B-Movie giant ants, Hot Dog as a fire-breathing dragon, Paw Pooch as a swamp monster (you know how grabby THEY tend to get) and Krypto himself as King Kong.

And of course, the heroes will have to figure out a way to turn themselves back to normal while getting the hang of their new bodies.

i really meant the'll be evil, and krypto and kevin has to find a cure. though i like the monster froms of mammoth-mutt, hotdog(i was dunna make him a devil), and paw-pouch(b-movie alien).

Comickook

[29]Sep 22, 2005
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:

streaky: Micheal Jackson's zombie
    snooky: his assistant

Cute idea for a Halloween episode. Heck, why not have it actually happen rather than it being a dream? (well, at least Ace and the Dog Stars turning into movie monsters part) Heck, maybe Mammoth Mutt as one of those B-Movie giant ants, Hot Dog as a fire-breathing dragon, Paw Pooch as a swamp monster (you know how grabby THEY tend to get) and Krypto himself as King Kong.

i really meant they'll be evil, and krypto and kevin has to find a cure. Though I like the monster forms of Mammoth-Mutt, Hot Dog(I was going make him a devil), and paw-pooch(B-movie alien).

Or, better yet, if Kevin had to find the cure completely on his own based solely on his own courage and wits because KRYPTO was affected too (i.e. the King Kong idea). That'd add a little more drama to it. Still, sorry about the misunderstanding.

3StarvingArtist

[30]Sep 23, 2005
    • level: 10
    Comickook wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    Mammal_Mage wrote:

streaky: Micheal Jackson's zombie
    snooky: his assistant

Cute idea for a Halloween episode. Heck, why not have it actually happen rather than it being a dream? (well, at least Ace and the Dog Stars turning into movie monsters part) Heck, maybe Mammoth Mutt as one of those B-Movie giant ants, Hot Dog as a fire-breathing dragon, Paw Pooch as a swamp monster (you know how grabby THEY tend to get) and Krypto himself as King Kong.

i really meant they'll be evil, and krypto and kevin has to find a cure. Though I like the monster forms of Mammoth-Mutt, Hot Dog(I was going make him a devil), and paw-pooch(B-movie alien).

Or, better yet, if Kevin had to find the cure completely on his own based solely on his own courage and wits because KRYPTO was affected too (i.e. the King Kong idea). That'd add a little more drama to it. Still, sorry about the misunderstanding.

I like the idea, reminds me of that one Buffy The Vampire Slayer ep where pple were affected by magical Halloween costumes that made them act like whatever/whoever they were dressed as. Kevin getting to shine (altho it should be done in a believable way) would be pretty interesting too.

catfan1

[31]Sep 25, 2005
    This was originally planned as part of another story I was writing, then it expanded into its own story, following Streaky's adventures as he does some last-minute shopping for Squeaky's birthday present. Thanks again to Comickook for his help and suggestions.

A very Squeaky birthday

Krypto and Streaky drop off a couple of tied-up bank robbers in front of the main police station as they finish patrol for the day. Streaky says he's sorry to leave in such a hurry but he has to go shopping now. It's Squeaky's birthday, the party is in a half-hour and he just realized he forgot to get a present. He admits that he planned on getting a present two weeks earlier, but this has been a busy two weeks for both super-pets.
    Krypto nods in agreement and says, speaking of which, he has an errand to run for Superman and asks if Streaky can also keep an eye open for emergencies while he's out. Streaky agrees and Krypto starts to say something else, but before he can open his mouth, Streaky is headed for the
    Metropolis retail center so Krypto flies off in the other direction.
    Streaky quickly reaches his destination, the Metropolis Kitty Korner, a small store, but very upscale and the best place in the city to pick up good cat toys. As he nears the door, two men come running out with bags of money.
    Streaky is indignant. Robbing the cat toy store? "Is nothing sacred?" he asks.
    He flies inside and picks up a ball of yarn off the shelf,
    chases after the robbers, begins winding yarn around them at super-speed and soon the robbers are tied up in one of the cat's favorite play items.
    They try to continue fleeing and trip over a small yellow kitten who crosses their path. "A fitting punishment, huh?" Streaky asks the audience.
    The grateful owner approaches Streaky and says Supercat can pick out whatever he wants from the store free of charge. But the police arrive and the owner apologizes, saying he'll be busy with police reports and has to close for the day. Streaky will have to come back tomorrow. Streaky
    grumbles, but at least there are other places in the city to pick up cat toys.
    Meanwhile at the fan club headquarters, Squeaky's party is beginning. Nicki, Puff, Ramone, Blaze and a few other kittens and puppies are present. The cake is Squeaky's favorite, angel food with tuna frosting, and for the puppies, beef gravy topping. Puff asks, "where's Supercat?," but Squeaky tells everyone not to worry. He knows his uncle will be there.
    Streaky walks across the street to another pet store, but he sees the yellow kitten again. It is about to walk right in the path of a car. Streaky swoops down and scoops him up, momentarily blocking the vision of the driver, who hits a light pole. Streaky gives an embarrassed smile: "Whoopsie," he says, though his X-ray vision verifies that the driver and passengers are unharmed.
    Streaky sets the kitten, who is named "Bo", down and does his best to adopt a serious demeanor as he gives him a stern lecture about looking both ways before he crosses the street. The kitten nods, "OK, sorry, Mr. Supercat."
    Meanwhile, Squeaky is getting concerned. The party started 20 minutes ago and still no sign of his uncle. Maybe he got busy fighting some big crime, Squeaky thinks. After all, he tells himself, Supercat has bigger responsibilities than just attending a little birthday party. He knows Streaky will make it if he can.
    At that time, Streaky is finally about to make it to the Metropolis Pet Mart but he hears an alarm sounding. He thinks about ignoring it, but he sees a vision of Krypto's stern face frowning at him, so he sighs and turns around to investigate. His super-hearing picks up something. It's Isis, Catwoman's cat.
    "Robbing the jewelry store will be no problem. My special amulet has hypnotized the employees and if Superdog or Stuporcat show up, they will walk directly into the Kryptonite trap I've planted just inside the front
    door," she says to Katie. Streaky can't help smiling at this, convenient how the villains always seem compelled to brag about their plans. He notes that avoiding these traps
    is a lot easier when you use super-hearing and x-ray vision, something he's learned from experience.
    Inside the jewelry store, there is suddenly a heavy wind, it blows the chunk out of Kryptonite out of Isis's paw and then the Kryptonite trap goes up in flames and the remains are blown out the now-open front door by Streaky's
    super-breath. She turns around and Streaky has entered the store from the back. "Sorry, I didn't have time for the old 'escape from the trap' routine. I'm in a hurry today, Isis," he says. She is still hissing and struggling as
    he picks her up and flies her to the nearest animal control location.
    Streaky again heads for the nearest pet store but as he's almost there, he hears barking and a kitten meowing. He looks down and he sees the same small yellow kitten again, this time he's running for his life, pursued by Streaky's old enemies, the Downtown Dogs. As they round a corner the chase reaches a dead end in front of Streaky who is in the alley, arms folded, and he looks very angry, thinking of how this is putting him behind schedule.
    The dogs come to a sudden halt and all bump into each other as the kitten hides behind Streaky, who's giving the dogs a very harsh and impatient look.
    A nervous Muttsy explains they were just giving the kitten a scare and it was all in fun. Streaky replies, "Hmmm, a scare, all in fun, that's a good idea." He zips out of the alley and is immediately back with a pile of items
    in a plastic bag. He says since he's been juggling crime-fighting and other responsibilities, why not some dopey dogs as well? The dogs look puzzled, but then Streaky grabs them by their tails, flings them in the air and begins juggling. Then he adds items to his juggling act: a large sword, a knife, a mace and a chainsaw as the dogs howl in terror. Finally he lets them all drop to the ground and it turns out the 'sharp-edged' items are all made of soft plastic and are from a nearby novelty store. Streaky winks, we didn't think he was really going to endanger those dumb mutts again, did we?
    The dogs are still in a heap on the ground, crying and howling as Streaky offers Bo a ride home. But when they arrive, there is no one there and a note on the door says 'back in two hours.' Streaky shrugs and asks if the
    kitten wants to attend a birthday party.
    Then he remembers: Squeaky's gift! But it's too late, the pet stores are now already closed for the day.
    Streaky finally arrives at the party and he's warmly greeted by his nephew. Streaky introduces him to Bo and says he hopes it's OK to bring a visitor. Squeaky says of course, there's plenty of cake and tuna and he and Bo shake paws.
    Streaky sighs. As much as he dreads the thought of the disappointed look on his nephew's face, he will still have to tell Squeaky he doesn't have a gift for him. He begins, "Look, Squeak, I'm sorry..." as Krypto walks in behind him, a small box hanging from a string around his neck.
    Krypto says, "Yeah, Squeaky, we're sorry we were late getting your present here." Squeaky asks if it's from both of them. Krypto nods and says Superman had a hand in it too.
    Squeaky is really excited now and has to see what it is. He opens the box and it's a fancy looking collar. Krypto tells him to look closely. The collar includes a signal that he can use to alert Superdog and Supercat whenever there is trouble. Squeaky is jumping up and down with excitement and Streaky helps him put the collar on.
    Out of Squeaky's earshot, Streaky asks how? Krypto explains that the errand he had to run for Superman was to travel to the Fortress of Solitude to pick up Squeaky's present, while Streaky was keeping an eye on Metropolis. Krypto says he and Superman planned the collar as a surprise.
    Superman has been very busy with Justice League duties lately and it probably seems like he doesn't know Streaky exists, but he appreciates the Supercat's efforts and this is one way of saying thanks.
    "You're a great guy, Krypster, you saved Squeaky's birthday," Streaky says.
    "Nahhh, just did my part to make it better," Krypto says.
    "Hey guys, have some cake," Squeaky says, and they do, Streaky especially; though he is careful to only take a couple of carefully cut good-sized pieces.

Ladsone

[32]Sep 25, 2005
    Very enjoyable Catfan1. Once again, Streaky is a hero to his nephew. Made it through this latest hurricane with no problems (just a few limbs down). I have an episode idea i'm working on right now that involves Streaky. I think you will enjoy this one. As soon as I put it down on paper, I'll be sure to post it (especially since i'm going on a two-week vacation next week and the laptop is staying home).

LADSONE

Comickook

[33]Sep 25, 2005
    Ladsone wrote:
    Very enjoyable Catfan1. Once again, Streaky is a hero to his nephew.

Indeed, I thank you for sharing the idea with me earlier, catfan1.

Made it through this latest hurricane with no problems (just a few limbs down).

Glad to hear you're doing all right, Ladsone.

I have an episode idea i'm working on right now that involves Streaky. I think you will enjoy this one. As soon as I put it down on paper, I'll be sure to post it (especially since i'm going on a two-week vacation next week and the laptop is staying home).

I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing it Ladsone.

LADSONE

Well, glad to hear from you again, Ladsone.

catfan1

[34]Sep 25, 2005
    [QUOTE="Comickook"]
    Ladsone wrote:
    Very enjoyable Catfan1. Once again, Streaky is a hero to his nephew.

Made it through this latest hurricane with no problems (just a few limbs down).

Glad to hear you're doing all right, Ladsone.

I have an episode idea i'm working on right now that involves Streaky. I think you will enjoy this one. As soon as I put it down on paper, I'll be sure to post it (especially since i'm going on a two-week vacation next week and the laptop is staying home).

I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing it Ladsone.

LADSONE

Thanks, guys. I'm also glad you're okay, Ladsone, and I'm also looking forward to your next story, Streaky's a neat character and I'll be interested in seeing what you have planned for him. I've got a few more ideas of my own if I can just find time to finish them.

Comickook

[35]Sep 26, 2005
    I've still got some episode ideas roving about in my head, but this is just a little something to share other than commentary. First, I'll have to thank KnightMysterio for Wanda, Zipster and Magnum Max. This is also the debut of my version of the Silver Age comics character, Beppo the Super Monkey. I should also note that this story is actually Krypto's first meeting with Wanda, so this is set sometime before KM's "World Without Humans" tale. This is also my first two-part adventure.

Krypto the Superdog in: "Monkeying Around" Part One

The story starts out in Central City as Zipster is speeding about on routine patrol when he gets attacked by Gorilla Grodd's cybernetically enhanced "pet" human, Magnum Max; the villain unleashing an attack that the super-fast squirrel is only narrowly able to dodge. As he's about to launch a super-speedy strike against Max, however, a mass of bannana peels ends up littering the area at super-speed, slicking up the sidewalk and leaving Zipster wide open for a powerful gust coming out of nowhere. Max chuckles cruelly concerning Zipster's misfortune in front of a shadowy figure but doesn't make any other sound.

The figure literally flies out of the shadows and floats revealed as a small brown monkey wearing a blue armored chest plate and a red cape. This monkey comments that he doesn't have anything personally against Zipster, but he's the pet of the greatest enemy of one of his mommy's friends, which makes HIM an enemy too, which is why he tossed those bannana peels at super-speed and used his super-breath to blow Zipster away with he was still disoriented from the peels. Magnum Max (understanding the monkey thanks to a "universal communicator" built into his cybernetics) gives a "whatever" shrug and the pair continue after Zipster.

Between the monkey's super-powers and Magnum Max's cybernetic abilities, they've pretty much got the super-speedster squirrel on the ropes until Wanda tha Wonderdog comes flying in and clobbers Magnum Max at great speed and strength from behind. The monkey comments that Wanda is the pet of his mommy's worst enemy and fires off a blast of heat vision at the Wonder Woman-powered canine; who narrowly deflects the heat vision blast with her braclets.

Wanda comments that she doesn't know who the monkey means by "mommy", but she arrived in Central City in pursuit of Giganta. At this point, the monkey wallops Wanda with a super-strong and super-fast punch (which sends her flying through about three walls) and says Giganta IS his mommy (at which point, Wanda comes flying back and nails the monkey with a hit of her own). At this point, Wanda and the mysterious monkey slug it out looking pretty evenly matched until Magnum Max hits Wanda from behind with a sonic blast, which also knocks her back clear into the still recovering Zipster. The monkey then proceeds to use his heat vision to cause the piece of ground directly under the two animal heroes to cave in. From there, the small, but super-powered, primate lifts Max back up and heads them for the errand they were supposed to run for Grodd and Giganta.

By the time Wanda and Zipster recover, Max and his monkey ally make a clean getaway with the items they were sent to take (as well as a good-sized fortune in gold and jewels). Wanda comments that the powers displayed so far (flight, super-strength, super-speed, super-breath and heat vision) remind her of what Ace commented about Kryptonians under a yellow sun. She's sure she could handle the monkey without Magnum Max around and she feels the she could handle Magnum Max if the monkey wasn't around, but they were going to need help to deal with both of them at the same time. Thus, Wanda starts the flight to Metropolis to try to enlist Krypto's help.

As luck would have it, Krypto and Streaky are on routine patrol at this point in the day and Wanda has next to no trouble finding them. Streaky was flabbergasted upon seeing Wanda for the first time. Until now, he thought Krypto was the only dog that could fly without a jet pack. Wanda explained herself and said she was on a mission for Wonder Woman tracking down Giganta while she took care of another emergency. The trail led her to Central City, when she intervened upon a scene with a super-speedster squirrel getting double-teamed and hopelessly outmatched by a human sporting powerful cybernetics and a monkey that appears to have Kryptonian powers. She admits that she thinks she could handle either one seperately, but she still admits to being no match for both of them at the same time and she doubts the squirrel she was helping, even as fast as he appeared to be, would be a match for EITHER one of them. Thus, her reason for coming to see Krypto. Krypto nods and tells Streaky that he'll have to hold down the fort on his own for a few hours while he deals with this problem in Central City. Streaky salutes loyally as Krypto flies off with Wanda.

Meanwhile, Magnum Max and his primate ally return to their masters with the loot they were sent to get (and then some). Giganta affectionately congratulates the monkey, referring to him as "Beppo" (based on what she understood his name to be thanks to the intergalactic communicator Beppo brought with him when he first arrived on Earth and was adopted by Giganta). Grodd looks over the loot bags with satisfaction as he pulls out a series of computer chips (being kept in a durable and carefully padded container), chemical vials (also kept in a durable and carfully padded container) and even some omnious looking gold-and-black meteorite chunk being kept in a lead box as well as the gold and jewels.

Grodd refers to the meteorite chunk as Olympium because it was found in Greece (specifically around the Mount Olympus ruins) and comments that it's one of the most powerful radioactive materials on Earth... perfect for powering his latest world domination weapon., just as the formulas and computer chips are perfect for controlling the weapon. In fact, according to Grodd, the one thing they need to actually BUILD the device that isn't right there at the hideout is a massive magnifying lens.

Along the way back to Central City with Krypto, Wanda is initially a bit embarrassed by Krypto's seeming naivete` (i.e. silently thinking that, if she didn't need him to take care of the monkey while she focused on the cyborg, she wouldn't even be putting up with him). However, as the two super-animals make many stops along the way to help out somebody in trouble, Wanda gradually develops a fair amount of respect for Krypto's geniune dedication to helping others in need. Upon, finally arriving in Central City, Wanda and Krypto see Zipster at the observatory trying to keep Magnum Max and the super-monkey busy.

(commerical break)

Krypto agrees to see what he could do about the monkey while Wanda deals with Max. Krypto flies down to talk to Beppo face to face while Wanda uses her lasso to snag Magnum Max by his right arm and start flying him up. Beppo tells Krypto he's sorry, but his mommy and her friend really want that big lens at the end of the telescope and hits Krypto with a super-speedy sucker punch followed by a gust of super-breath. Krypto recovers and keeps the monkey away from the telescope with a VERY carefully aimed heat vision blast. Beppo counters with his own heat vision and the two Kryptonian-powered animals are only able to achieve a stalemate with each other until Streaky comes flying in, taking the mighty monkey from behind.

Krypto comments that he thought he told Streaky to stay in Metropolis. Streaky admits that Krypto did, but Superman returned from his Justice League mission earlier than expected and Streaky figured Superman could probably handle things in Metropolis for a few hours. Besides, the super-cat added, it makes good tactical sense to have the opposition outnumbered two Kryptonian-powered animals to one. Krypto nods at this and joins Streaky in a double-team against the super-monkey.

Magnum Max, meanwhile, is pretty easily defeated by Wanda without Beppo to help him out. Unfortunately, Krypto, Streaky and Wanda all get bushwhacked by Giganta growing large enough to swat them clear of Max and Beppo with the element of surprise on her side. Giganta then gets Krypto, Streaky and Wanda with a super-stun-zapper while Beppo gets the mirror. Zipster barely escapes from the just recovered Magnum Max and proceeds to follow the villains and his captured comrades.

Krypto, Streaky and Wanda wake up in incredibly strong restraints designed by Grodd and see a half-finished, but still very fearsome-looking weapon (one with a threefold purpose [1. put every animal on Earth under his absolute control while increasing their size and proportionate physical abilities 500fold. 2. completely manipulating gravity {even to the point of being able to levitate an entire city or make a mere pin weigh literally twenty tons} and 3. completely control every electronic device on the planet] but none of the villains tells them this). Grodd is peeved that Zipster wasn't captured too, but realizes that he probably will be since Zipster will undoubtedly come for his three fellow heroes.

Zipster, indeed, successfully tracks the villains to their hideout, but is having a terrible time evading Grodd's prepared traps long enough to see the other heroes' situation. However, in the process, the super-fast rodent gets noticed by the villains. Zipster, for his part, holds his own as well as can be expected. He super-speedily runs up Giganta's back and starts tickling her. Magnum Max tries to blast the speedy rodent, but the blast hits Giganta, bringing HER down instead of Zipster. Beppo, infuriated by this perceived attack on his "mommy", starts attacking Max, making pretty short work of him. Unfortunately, Grodd's force of mind powers manage to subdue Zipster and calm down Beppo before the situation gets any worse.

Krypto, Streaky and Wanda, meanwhile take advantage of the distraction Zipster's creating and decide to use teamwork to escape. These bonds might be strong enough to hold them individually, but Grodd neglected to design the restraints to nullify their powers. Thus, Krypto and Streaky use their combined heat vision on one of Wanda's restraints while the Amazon-powered canine employs every ounce of her great strength. This combo proves just enough to break the first bond. The process is repeated three more times until Wanda is finally freed. Wanda is about to free Krypto and Streaky, but she sees that Grodd and the super-monkey (the latter of whom is carrying an unconscious Giganta AND Magnum Max) have defeated and just captured Zipster. Sensing Zipster's in the more immediate danger, she flies to the squirrel's aid. Krypto and Streaky use the "double-heat-vision blast and super-strength simultaneously" tactics to free themselves so they can go help Wanda and Zipster.

Krypto and Streaky, again, double-team Beppo while Wanda takes care of Grodd as Zipster recovers from Grodd's "force of mind" attack. The fights end in victories for the here, but Grodd had the presence of mind to pre-program a teleporter in an alternate hideout to teleport himself, Giganta, Max and Beppo as well as the weapon to said alternate hideout, leaving four exhausted heroes with a sense of dread. This time, it was all they could do to escape with their lives. Now Grodd had access to some mysterious weapon that made finding him and stopping him all the more necessary.

To Be Continued.....

Okay, what did you all think of part one of this adventure (especially you, KM)?

catfan1

[36]Sep 26, 2005
    Now that is one action-packed episode idea! I'll be interested to see if you can keep up that pace in part two, Comickook. Good work.

Comickook

[37]Sep 26, 2005
    catfan1 wrote:
    Now that is one action-packed episode idea! I'll be interested to see if you can keep up that pace in part two, Comickook. Good work.

Thanks catfan1. I'm glad you liked it. I'll try very hard to keep up the pace for part two.

KnightMysterio

[38]Sep 29, 2005
    • level: 3
    Good stuff, Comickook, on your latest episode idea. Sadly, I seem to have hit a creative wall on my own ideas...

Comickook

[39]Sep 29, 2005
    KnightMysterio wrote:
    Good stuff, Comickook, on your latest episode idea. Sadly, I seem to have hit a creative wall on my own ideas...

Understood, KM, that sort of thing happens. And thanks for your comments.

Anyway, onto part two of my latest episode idea.

Once again, I have to thank KM for the characters of Magnum Max, Zipster and Wanda. And, of course this is set some time before "World Without Humans". Now, without further ado, on with

"Krypto the Superdog in: Monkeying Around: Part Two"

Krypto, Streaky, Wanda and Zipster all split up to search everywhere they can think of for any clues as to where Grodd and his cronies have gone off to. Zipster used his super-speed and city knowledge to handle to ground search, while the other three animal heroes handled the air search, Krypto and Streaky using their X-ray, telescopic and microscopic visions, super-hearing and super-smell and Wanda employing the hunters' skills taught to her by Wonder Woman.

None of the heroes had any real luck, which they admit to when they meet back up. Grodd definitely covered his tracks well. Heck, given that it WAS obviously a fairly advanced teleporter (advanced enough to be programmed to teleport him and his cronies away if HE fell unconscious) AND that Grodd IS a world-player gorilla, he might not be IN Central City anymore. Krypto acknowledges the fact, but it still made sense to search the city first, just in case. Wanda considers bringing Ace in on this, in case his detective skills could prove useful, but she doubts even he could track already-used teleporter energy more than an hour old when they didn't even know where the actual teleporter was.

Meanwhile, in the villains' alternate lair (which is soundproofed and lined with lead) Grodd finishes his latest world domination weapon and decides to test it out on eight field mice that he grows into powerful 60-foot monsters, something the four heroes definitely see.

Streaky gulps and comments about karma being a major killjoy sometimes (only the network censor issues keep him from using stronger language than that). Krypto asks what Streaky means and Streaky explains that, well, he IS a cat after all. Just because he hasn't done worse than scare any mice since getting his powers (primarily because he doesn't want arouse Krypto's wrath over such an obvious abuse of those powers) doesn't mean he doesn't major scares into them (primarily around the Sussman household to earn his keep on occasion).

Wanda glares at Streaky to shut the heck up, and the super-cat nervously nods, before they, Krypto and Zipster head off to try to stop the monster mice.

Krypto tries to talk to the mice, but the first mouse, in a very surly manner, swats down the super-dog with a swift and powerful blow. Zipster's super-speed tornado and Streaky's super-breath, however, kick up enough of a dust storm to disorient the giant mice enough for Krypto to get clear and Wanda to tie one end of her lasso around the front leg of one of the mice to try to get the truth out of that one. The mouse can't give any answers, but the combined strength of Krypto, Streaky and Wanda manage to whip that mouse into the other seven with a crack that scattered them like bowling pins and left all of them dazed.

Grodd then tests the gravity control beam on Central City, causing it to start floating into the air. On top of that, he also tests the electronics control device on all the vehicles in the now-floating city AND expands the range of the weapons' animal growth/control function to include every single animal in the city, except Krypto, Streaky, Wanda and Zipster. It's very clear to the heroes that they still have a pretty busy day ahead of them.

(commerical break)

While Zipster and Streaky are working themselves to exhaustion handling the electronics' revolution and Krypto and Wanda are likewise, trying feverishly to fend off hordes of souped-up giant animals, they slowly start to notice the city floating off uncontrollably. It doesn't take much to figure out that this is ALL most likely the work of Grodd's newest super-weapon, which makes the situation more serious, but, as Krypto concludes, might also be a blessing in disguise.

Streaky asks what K-Dog means and the super-canine explains that the weapon HAS to be using a LOT of power to do something like this all at once. And that leaves an energy signature that can be tracked by their super-senses and then they could stop the chaos at its source. Streaky nods at this, panting profusely from his labors thus far as are all three of the other heroes. Wanda inward applauds Krypto's logic as as she carefully picks up Zipster and all four heroes head off, Krypto and Streaky leading the way with their super-senses.

Eventually, they come to the lead-lined and sound-proofed alternate hideout of Grodd, Giganta, Max and Beppo, miles outside of Central City and, thus outside of the range of the floating city. Of course, the sight of a giant cannon with a telescope sized magnifying mirror sticking out the roof (that's the one design flaw to the weapon; it needs to be aimed outside the building when not being used on anything in the building) is practically a dead giveaway that this is the place. Wanda, a little bit more rested from the breather she had on the flight here, flies in first and socks Grodd. Zipster speeds in second and traps Giganta in a cyclone that sends her flying right toward the ceiling before she even has a chance to use her growth powers. Beppo flies after Zipster, but the super-speedster squirrel sly zips out of the way JUST in time to avoid the impact Magnum Max couldn't. While Wanda is dealing with Grodd (rough going because of the fact that, though most of her muscles had SOME rest time on the flight over here, she still worked herself pretty hard so far and was still somewhat exhausted), Krypto and Streaky fly in and double-team tackle Beppo with a speed and strength that carries him right back into Max and finishes subduing him; though Beppo still has some fight left in him, which he shows by given the still weary super-dog and super-cat one heck of a fight.

While all this is going on, Zipster is examining Grodd's controls at super-speed trying to figure them out enough to reverse the effects of the weapon. Eventually, just as Grodd finally goes down, Zipster does figure it out and instantly undoes the effects of the animal enlarging/controlling function and the electronics-controlling function (though he settles for only gradually increasing Central City's gravity enough for it to lower back to the ground gently). Beppo, though, manages to break away from Krypto and Streaky, grab Giganta and fly off, neither Krypto nor Streaky having the energy to keep after him.

After Krypto, Streaky and Wanda help Zipster make sure Grodd and Magnum Max are both safely locked up at present, return the stolen goods to their rightful owners and help repair the damage done to Central City, all three of them are so exhausted it's all they can do just to fly back to their respective territories and recall the tremendous adventure they were just on. Wanda, of course, acknowledges that she'll have to settle for trying catch Giganta and her pet super-monkey later, but definitely gaining a high degree of respect for Krypto after this caper.

THE END

catfan1

[40]Sep 29, 2005
    Whew! That was quite an action-packed conclusion. I applaud the imagination that went into your story, Comickook. Excellent work.