Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode Ideas 3

Isaac6356

[41]Aug 14, 2006
    • level: 15

Two stories in one night. . Anyway, this begins the Super Hero Arc. This is a filler arc in which it will introduce characters and such. Some episodes pretain to later arcs though. Some develop character. You'll see. Anyway, here's the first episode. It's a Streaky episode, in which Torrent is introduced. Enjoy!

Streaky the Supercat in...Catfish? Torrent the Swimming Cat Appears!

Streaky, in Supercat form, flies above the harbor, getting in the smell of the fish all around him. "Ah! I love the smell of fish in the morning." He flies down and snatches a fish that flies out of the water. He lands on some garbage barge nearby. "Mm mm. Yummy fish treat for me." Before he could eat it, "You better put down that fish now." Streaky looks down below and sees a blue cat in a blue suit and green gloves. "That was my catch of the day you stole just now." "Stole? I don't see your name on it. Besides, I could it, so it's mine. You got that?" Streaky again tries to eat, but a pillar of water comes out, which freaks Streaky out. "Eek!" He gets hit by the water and loses the fish. The mysterious cat devours it in one gulp. "Thanks a plenty. Gotta go!" He turns to leave, "Hey! Get back here you fish thief!" The cat dives into the water and disappears from sight. Streaky is bamboozled and confused, "Where'd he go?" He looks in the water. The cat's face comes out and squirts him in the face. "Hey!" "Ha ha ha. Try and catch me!" He dives back in the water and starts to leap out of the water constantly, like a dolphin. "Get back here!" Streaky is really intrigued, "Weird. A cat who lives in water. Is he a catfish?" He flies after him. He manages to catch up to him. "Not bad! But can you keep up?" "Keep up? Please, I can fly much faster than you anyway. Other than that..." The cat splashes him with water. "I hate water..." "You land cats just don't have the spirit. Water is fun! You should give it a chance!" Streaky is about to say something, but he hears a noise. "Well I don't know about you, but I got a bay to save. So you go swim back to where you came from, and leave things to me." He flies off back toward the bay.

Streaky reaches his destination and sees a large robot gathering a lot of fish from the water. Inside is...Mechanikat! "Mwahahahaha! Excellent. With all this fish, I can eat plenty tonight!" Streaky shows up, "Not so fast Mechanikat!" "Supercat! I should of known you'd come here." "Oh save it. If you wanted to fish, try using a fishing rod, not a robot. And, I think you're exceeding the catch limit here." Mechanikat pulls a lever, "Like I care for that. But here, try playing with this." His machine starts shooting harpoons at him. "Woah!" He dodges them a few times. "Watch it! You can poke someone's eye out!" "That's the point!" "Huh?" Streaky sees the harpoons heading for the workers of the docks. "Woah boy!" He starts to fly to them and save them. "Ah ha ha ha! Good luck with that, super fool!"

It looks like he can't make it, "I'm not gonna make it!" Then, a large wall of water comes out of the water and slows the harpoons down a bit in which they fall into the ocean before hitting the docks. The men cheer for this. "Who did that?" He then sees the cat from before heading to Mechanikat's robot. "It's that cat again."

Mechanikat is happy, "Fishy fishy, come into my robot. Fishy fishy, dinner you shall be." The cat yells, "Hey you! You in the robot!" Mechanikat looks out his robot. "Get your sorry robot out of my water, and gimme back our food supply!" "Or what?!" The cat's eyes glow blue. Then water gurgles underneath the robot. It bursts up like a spear through the entire robot. The fish fall out of it. "No! My dinner!" "Sorry to break up your dinner arrangement, but it's time for you to catch your flight." He swings his arms and a large wall of water comes and smacks the robot into the sky, "Ahhhh!!!!! Curses!!!!!" Streaky is awed. "Woah."

The cat walks onto the beach nearby, and Streaky lands in front of him. "Wow. You are amazing! I never seen a cat do that before! Just who are you!?" "Impressed eh? Well you can call me Torrent. I'm like the catfish of the bay." "Wow. Are you really a catfish? Cause..you don't really look like a fish." "It's an expression. Of course I'm a cat. I just happen to swim in the water." "Say, are you in anyway associated with Aquaman or anyone like that?" He replies, "Nah. I'm not one from Atlantis. I live in the wide open ocean." Streaky is awed, "The whole ocean?" "Yep. You see, when I was a kitten..." He begins to talk about his past, and we see it happen. "I got tossed off a boat and I ended up in a cataminated water area that had weird chemicals in it. Surely I would of drowned if a pod of dolphins hadn't showed up to save me." The flashback shows the dolphins gathering around him and making sure he doesn't sink. But the storm worsens and they have to go under with him. "I don't know what those chemicals were, but because of them, I was able to breathe underwater. The dolphins knew about it, and took me under." We see some more flashbacks of Torrent as a kitten learning to swim underwater and swim with the dolphins. "Ever since I've lived with that pod of dolphins, and they were like my family." "Do you ever go on land at all?" "You mean like now? Of course I do. The dolphins took me to land occasionally so I wouldn't forget my true origin. So I wouldn't get the wrong idea or anything." "Well that's cool and all, but..did you ever find your real family?" Torrent feels sad now, "Well I did find them but...They had already forgotten about me." Streaky feels bad for him. "Well it was nice knowing you Supercat, but I gotta go. I'm expected back with the pod." He goes back into the water. Streaky looks on with concern.

Commercial Break...

"A cat that swims underwater!?" Para-Clone exclaims. Streaky is chatting with Krypto and Para-Clone in the park. "It's true. He even lives with a pod of dolphins like a family." "That's crazy! I know cats hate water and all, but one that likes it? That's just crazy." Krypto speaks in, "Not true. There are cats that do like the water." "Really!?" Streaky continues, "That guy is really awsome too. He seems to be able to control water like a toy! Kinda like Kirin and his water spells." Para-Clone isn't impressed, "So he can control water, big deal. I could do that too if I was him." Krypto asks, "So why dolphins? What about his other family?" "Well..He said that his real family forgotten about him. He did seem upset after telling me though. I guess it's a personal matter." We see Torrent swimming underwater with the dolphins, feeling a bit sad. We return to Streaky and the others. Krypto gets an idea, "Say, why don't you ask him to join the League of Supercats? I believe they were looking for new recruits." Streaky perks up, "Yeah! I can definitely do that! I'll go ask him right now!" He flies off, leaving the two speechless. "League of Supercats?" Para-Clone asks. "It's a group of supercats who fight evil. Kinda like the Dog Stars, or the Justice League." Para-Clone ain't getting it, "You really need to fill me in on this stuff. I'm new to this world after all." "I thought you knew everything about us for being from the Dream World." "I was freshly created then, and I never had time to look deeper into your mind you know. I only got stuff on people, not special societies or groups or anything." Krypto smiles, "You'll learn."

Streaky flies around the bay looking for Torrent, "Hey Torrent! Where are you!? I want to ask you something!" He hears something in the distance, like a call of help. "That don't sound good." He flies to where the cries were. It seems Mechanikat has another, even bigger robot. And he's captured Torrent, along with many aquatic creatures his his net. "Looks like I got the catch of the day!" He says with glee. "Just you wait until I get out of here, you metal freak!" He tries to use his powers, but can't for some reason. "Ah ha ha! Don't even try. This special material of a net is made from threads that block out any kind of mental kinesis. You can't use your water trick on me now." "Oh man!" "Now in you go!" He opens a hatch in the robot and puts the capture ones in. "And now for the rest." He begins to suck up more fish into his robot through the hands. Streaky is concerned, "Hang on dude! I'll save you!"

He flies quickly toward the robot. "You again! Well I have something just for you." He shoots out a net with Kryptonite, and it captures Streaky. "Ah! Not Kryptonite!" He feels weakened and can't fly. He falls into the water. However Mechanikat's robot picks him up and puts him into this robot. "I don't want you clogging up my robot, so have a nice swim inside. Ah ha ha!"

Inside, Torrent tries to break out of the net. He bites his way through and makes a small hole. He swims out, but the others can't get out. "Don't worry. I'll get you out soon! I hope." He sees Streaky drop in the water, still stuck in the net. "Uh oh." Streaky tries to break out, but he is too weak, and he loses consciousness. "Hang on, I'll get you out." He tries biting it, but it won't cut this time. "Metal wire. Looks like I'll have to cut it the hard way." He pulls out one of the fish scales in his suit, which magically replaces the one lost. He begins to cut away at the wire. "Don't die on me."

Outside, Mechanikat rejoices over his victory, "Finally! I have just enough fish to have the biggest fish buffet of my life!" "Not so fast Mechanikat!" Krypto and Para-Clone appear. "Superdog! And.....who are you?" She replies, "It's Para-Clone. Don't you forget it." She then asks Krypto, "Just who is this guy again? Mechaniwat or something?" Mechanikat replies angerly, "It's Mechanikat! For that, you're gonna taste my super harpoons." He pulls a lever and the harpoons fire away. They seem to be coated with Kryptonite. "Kryptonite covered harpoons!" Para-Clone shouts, "Look out!" They begin to dodge them. "Try and get close, you'll never stop my barrage of harpoons!"

Back in the robot, Torrent finally gets Streaky free. "And now to get out of here." He busts a hole in the robot with one punch, and he throws the net of his captured buddies outside, where they are able to swim out of the net and are free. Torrent takes Streaky up to the surface. Streaky coughs up water. "Thanks Torrent." They see Krypto and Para-Clone fighting off the robot. "I think it's about time we show this cat who owns this ocean." Torrent says. "Yeah!" Streaky picks up Torrent and flies behind the robot. He uses Heat Vision to open a hole in the back. "Here ya go." "Thanks!" Torrent's eyes glow blue and he begins to unleash his water attack. He sends water into the hole. Mechanikat doesn't notice a thing, "Ah ha ha ha!" He runs out of harpoons. "Blast! Open the second batch!" However there's no response as the water has short circuited the automated voice control unit. "What's wrong with this thing? Ahh!!" Water is flooding his compartment. "I'm flooding up!"

Streaky and Torrent rejoin Krypto, "He's all yours." Krypto flies in front of the robot, "Hey Mechanikat! How about a little spin?" He grabs the robots arms and spins him around really fast. He throws him high into the sky, "Ahhh!!! Not again!" A blink of light shows he's out of sight. Everyone cheers for victory.

Back on land, it seems Torrent is saying good bye to the dolphins. The dolphins leave and Torrent turns to his new friends. Streaky asks, "So they're really leaving for better waters?" "Yeah. They feel like this place has become too dangerous and wanted to leave." "You're not going with them though?" "Nah. I mean this place is my home. Sure I'll be lonely now without my family, but it's okay. I'm used to it. After all, they had to leave me sometimes for better waters, and I just..stayed here." Everyone feels bad for him. But Streaky cheers him up, "Hey, I got the perfect place for you."

Later on the LoSC ship. "Everyone! I want you to meet my friend Torrent!" Streaky is introducing him to the league. "He's great with water, can breathe underwater, can communicate with aquatic creatures, and has amazing strength on land!" Jin isn't impressed, "Amazing strength eh? Put it there then!" He offers a paw shake, and Torrent's grip is good. "Woah. Tight." Streaky adds, "He has to live in deep depths after all, so the pressure is always on him." The others are impressed. Diamond says, "Well then. All I say is that if he really wants to be part of our group he can." Torrent looks at Streaky who nods. "Yeah. Of course I'll join." "Then on behalf of the team, I officially welcome you to the League of Supercats." Everyone gathers around him and congratulate him on joining. Torrent turns to Streaky, "Hey thanks man. I think I'm going enjoy this." "Yeah. Just remember, you got friends in high places. And friends are family."

The End!

No more Krypto Cup until the next story arc begins. None will show up in the filler arc.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Comickook

[42]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 9
    Hey, Isacc. Thanks for getting this story up so quickly. This was some pretty good stuff. Just the right mixture of action, drama and humor. :-D Keep up the great work.

Ladsone

[43]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 13
    Well Done Isaac.  Great intro story for Torrent.  Hope to see him in future episodes.

LADSONE

dcfan1

[44]Aug 17, 2006
    Just to update everybody that I won't be on TV.com from now until September for a vacation in Anaheim, CA (www.laconiv.org)

--dc comics fan

Isaac6356

[45]Aug 17, 2006

I'm sad, cause no one is posting stories!

Anyway, I'm working on the next filler episode, and I need some help. Anyone know the names of all the kittens of the Supercat Fan Club? I know Squeaky and Niki are in it, but who were the others. Also, Snooky will not be in this episode.

BTW, I forgot to say this earlier, but you can now use Torrent for any of your stories, as well as anyone else I created.

Comickook

[46]Aug 17, 2006
    Isaac6356 wrote:

I'm sad, cause no one is posting stories!

Anyway, I'm working on the next filler episode, and I need some help. Anyone know the names of all the kittens of the Supercat Fan Club? I know Squeaky and Niki are in it, but who were the others. Also, Snooky will not be in this episode.

Okay, thanks for letting us know, Isaac. Anyway, the names of the other two kittens are Ramone and Puff.

BTW, I forgot to say this earlier, but you can now use Torrent for any of your stories, as well as anyone else I created.

(nods) As are any of the characters *I* created for this in case anybody is interested there too.

Isaac6356

[47]Aug 17, 2006

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Ladsone

[48]Aug 19, 2006

Greetings my friends.  I came up with this little story idea while thinking about Casey going back to school next week.  It goes something like this:

KRYPTO: THE SUPERDOG IN:  School Daze

The scene opens at the Whitney household.  Inside we find Kevin and Krypto up in their room.  Kevin is getting dressed for the first day of school.  "Man, summer vacation seems to get shorter every year" Kevin is telling Krypto as he finished getting dressed.  We then hear Mary's voice from downstairs, "Kevin, your breakfast is getting cold and the bus will be hear in 15 minutes".  Kevin starts making his way downstairs to the kitchen where we find his mom and Melanie (in her high chair).  "Kevin go to school today?" Melanie asks her mom.  "Yes dear, and soon you'll be able to go with him" mom tells her.  Meanwhile, Krypto is on his way downstairs.  He stops at the table, hoping for a piece or two of bacon.  "Don't worry Kevin, I'll meet you when school lets out today and we can head to the park" krypto tells his best friend.  Just then there's a knock on the door.  Mary answers it and we see Andrea standing in the door telling Kevin the bus has turned the corner.  Kevin grabs his backpack and kisses his mom bye and gives K-dog a hug and it's off to school.

Later on, we find K-dog and Streaky flying on patrol when Krypto says he wants to head over to the harbor area today to check on a few things.  "While you're doing that, I'll be more than happy to guard the tuna factory" Streaky adds licking his chops afterwards.  "That's our streaky" K-dog says jokingly and our two friends head for the shore.  Back at school, Kevin is already thinking about 3 o'clock and the final bell.  "Wonder what Krypto is doing right now?" Kevin thinks to himself.  "he's got to be having more fun than I am".  Back at the harbor, K-dog is scanning the harbor while streaky is eyeing the tuna boat unloading nearby.  Suddenly, there is a scream for help coming from the docks.  K-dog and streaky land and learn that there was a sudden jolt on the pier and a forklift fell into the water and sank.  The operator was still in the enclosed cab trying to get out when it sank.  Krypto then leaps into the water and heads down.  He quickly finds the forklift and notices the operator is still in the cab, but it's filling up with water. Superdog then swims under the forklift and raises it up towards the surface.  The forklift breaks the surface and Supercat decides its safe to help now and joins Krypto to lift the forklift back onto the dock.

Suddenly, a loud splash is heard and before our two friends can look down, something grabs Krypto by the cape and pulls him down into the water, leaving streaky to carry the forklift back up.  After the forklift is safely back on the dock, streaky yells out "hold on K-dog, I'm coming!" with that, Streaky dives underwater.  After he gets his bearings, his super hearing picks up on the sound of quite a battle nearby.  He swims over and finds K-dog being dragged deeper underwater by the powerful jaws of Poseidon.  Krypto tries to break free, but the leopard seal's jaws have K-dog's cape in a vise-grip like hold.  Krypto then has an idea.  He starts chasing himself underwater (and spinning Poseidon around with him at super speed). Superdog then changes back to Krypto (without the cape) and makes a break for the surface.  Streaky swims over to K-dog and our two friends head topside.  Just then, a firece ROAR! gets their attention and here comes Poseidon after both of them.  K-dog then motions for streaky to follow him and they dive down with Poseidon hot on their tail.  They then quickly u-turn and head for the surface.  When they break the surface they fly up and wait for the leopard seal.  Poseidon is travelling so fast he breaks the surface and literally leaps hundreds of feet in the air.  It is there that K-dog and Streaky fly underneath him and carry him to the Metropolis Aquarium where scientists have built a special cold room just for Poseidon.  Afterwards, Krypto notices the time and says he has to go meet Kevin.  Streaky says he'll head home and grab a "cat nap" before Andrea gets home.

LADSONE

Edited on 08/19/2006 10:05am

Isaac6356

[49]Aug 19, 2006
    Nice work you two. But one question...what happened to that Eskimo? Didn't he have control of Poseidon? Or am I talking about someone else?

Comickook

[50]Aug 19, 2006
    Hey there, Ladsone. I, too, have to agree that, once more, you did a pretty good job on this but am ALSO curious about what happened to that one Frozen North native who supposedly gained control over Poseidon. Or am *I* thinking of somebody else too?
    Edited on 08/19/2006 2:27pm

Ladsone

[51]Aug 19, 2006

No, the eskimo (I believe Nanchuk was his name) was not involved with this episode.  This was strictly Poseidon in a solo.  However, 3starvingartist had PM'd me about doing an episode at the point where Nanchuk and Poseidon were to start their reign of terror in the arctic.  I will check with her and see if she has made any progress with it and let you all know.

LADSONE

Comickook

[52]Aug 19, 2006

Here's another story that Catfan1 and I pooled our talents on. The story idea was his too, so that's something else I have to thank him for. Incidentally, this story takes place just over a week after "Andrea Finds Out" and more than two months BEFORE the story that had Squeaky and Blaze teaming up for the first time, the story of which can be found on the first row in the "Episode Ideas 2" thread  (and it's even set a fair amount before "Streakface" [which can still be found in the original "Episode Ideas" thread] in case you are wondering).... Anyway without further ado.

Supercat's twin trouble-Part One 

Streaky and Andrea are in her room, involved in a conversation. It's very shortly (as in just over a week) after Andrea learned that her pet was Supercat and she's still somewhat surprised by the turn of events as Streaky explains how he gained his power

"So Superdog's powers were copied onto you?" she asks.

"You got it, 'Dray," Streaky replies, explaining about some of his past adventures with Krypto (though, mainly because he feels awkward talking about either one of them to his owner, he leaves out the details about his nephew Squeaky and his first meeting with Princess just a couple of months earlier) and then adds that a super-cat needs to eat well, and its just about supper time.

Andrea sighs. Sometimes Streaky is so helpful to Krypto and heroic, but other times he just seems like a super-powered clown. "I swear, Streaky, sometimes I think you're two different cats." Streaky smiles: "Heh, two pets in one, 'Dray. Hey, that means you need to feed me double portions."

But Andrea has one more question for her pet. She heads for a storage cabinet and comes back into her room with a red rock she discovered that afternoon. "I remember I found one of these before. When I showed it to Kevin, he acted really strange and made me get rid of it," she starts to say, but stops as Streaky excitedly tells her to put it back. Unfortunately, it's too late and an odd sensation comes over the super-cat as he notices Andrea staring at him in astonishment. Streaky turns around and sees he has an exact double standing next to him. The super-cat sighs and, in a serious but patient tone, explains to a startled Andrea about Red Kryptonite.

So, Andrea replies, "That's why Kevin was acting so weird at my party that time." upon hearing her pet explain what Kevin and Krypto said about THEIR first exposure to Red Kryptonite before recalling "AND why Kevin and I both got super-powers for a few hours that one time."

Streaky 1 nods and says Andrea will need to be more careful about Red K.

"Nice lecture, professor, " the second super-cat says sarcastically.

Streaky 1 turns to Andrea and whispers in a more serious tone (but just loud enough for Streaky 2 to hear him without super-hearing), "I don't like the look of this."

"Yeah, well, neither do I. It's much too close to bath time for my tastes. Time for this super-cat to take in a night on the town," Streaky 2 says as he changes to Supercat. Andrea says maybe he should wait, but Supercat 2 is already out the window (jumping onto the nearest tree branch [he tries to fly, but finds he can't, though he IS able to catch himself on the aforementioned nearest branch] and climbing down at super-speed).

A concerned Streaky 1 (who ALSO changes into Supercat) says they better keep an eye on him. "Fortunately, I know all of my own favorite hang-outs, and I have a hunch this other me is going to be starting his "'night on the town'" with one of those areas." the super-cat further comments.

Andrea nods, replying that it's too bad Krypto and Kevin are visiting some of their relatives with the rest of the former's family today.... they could use the help "Oh well," Andrea sighs, "I always wanted two cats."

As they head downtown, Streaky 1 notices he can still fly, but doesn't have his usual super speed (he's fast enough to easily keep up with Andrea on her bike, but a well-conditioned, but  normal, cat would also be able to keep up with many humans on bicycles if said normal cat didn't have to stop to rest) .... the reverse of his other self, who still has super-speed, but didn't seem to be able to fly.

Andrea comments that the second Streaky is more like how she usually thought of her pet and Streaky 1 seems a little more heroically inclined. "I'm sorry, Streaky, but sometimes you can be so..."

"Hold that thought." Streaky 1 says as his super-ears painfully pick up an all-too-familiar sound.... his own super-bad-singing... which seems to be coming from the docks ("What a way to find out my super-hearing still works" Streaky 1 grumbles as he is covering his ears). A quick scan of his telescopic vision aimed at the dock areas verifies that there are more than a dozen dock workers also covering their ears in pain and several cranes around the tuna fleet vessel slowly shaking apart from the sonic vibrations. And, worse yet, his other self is getting away at super-speed with a small bag filled with what he can only surmise to be tuna (he still has his telescopic vision, but NOT his X-RAY vision). In the confusion of the vibrating cranes, Streaky 1 initially doesn't notice that Streaky 2 is having JUST enough trouble with that loaded up small bag to indicate that he DOESN'T have super-strength.

Fortunately, Streaky 1 and Andrea are JUST close enough to the docks to get there before the cranes collapse completely, even with the former possessing no greater than normal feline speed. Distracted by flying dock workers to safety and trying to minimize the damage caused by the wrecked cranes, Streaky 1 can only grumble in frustration as his other self gets further away while HE's stuck trying to help out the dock workers and repair the cranes (work that, at least, proves he still has his super-strength and heat vision).

The work finally completed, Streaky 1 grumbles to Andrea that HE had to do all the work but that other Streaky got a nice haul of fish to eat. "I'm getting a pretty good idea of what K-Dog must feel when he works with me.... except *I* usually come through in the end when I really need to," the super-feline adds.

Andrea points out that at least they should be able to locate the other super-cat with Streaky's telescopic vision and super hearing.

The super-cat responds that he always enjoys eating at his favorite hangout, the Dumpster of Streakitude.

*****************************************************************************************

Elsewhere, two figures step out of the dark. "Batsy caught the boss after that heist but the boss still  managed to hide the stuff in that shipment of tuna," Bud says.

But Lou notes, "Looks like that meddling moron, Supercat, took it."

Lou pulls out a small jar labeled "Kryptonite" and replies, "I think a certain fish-napping super-cat is going to be a little green around the gills," and both laugh maniacally.

After two other mishaps (Streaky 1 having to save a runaway milk truck that had its brakes cut when Streaky 2 was super-speeding too close to the brake lines with two bottles of milk in tow [for a delicious drink to go with his fish dinner] and having to help down a pair of animal control officers Streaky 2 blew into the top of a tall tree with his super-breath when they got too close to him WHILE he was heading for the Dumpster of Streakitude), Streaky 1 is finally closing in on his other self. But Bud and Lou get there first.

Inside the bag, covered in fish, is a gem shaped and colored like a clown fish.

"No one interrupts me at snack time, especially tuna snack time," Streaky 2 says, trying to sound menacing as he notices Bud and Lou outside his favorite dumpster with his X-ray vision. But as the hyenas approach, he notices he doesn't have either his usual super-strength (as he tries, in vain, to push the dumpster into the hyenas) OR his heat vision (as he tries, in vain, to try to blast Bud and Lou) . As he prepares to launch a super-speed attack, Bud points to a flower on his collar and says to get ready for a blast of Kryptonite powder.

Streaky 2 gets sprayed by the powder and, even though he only has a few of his usual powers, it's still enough for the Kryptonite to have a quick effect on him, much to the hyenas' delight as they move in to finish the feline off.

"Hey, leave my cat alone." Andrea says to the two hyenas who start to attack her, only to get blasted from behind by light blasts of Streaky 1's heat vision, with a third heat vision blast removing Bud's Kryptonite powder flower collar.

As Andrea makes a desperate dive for the collar, Streaky 1 makes short work of the two hyenas and leaves them tied up in a steel lamp post for the incoming animal control officers.

"How could that super-pest have recovered from the Kryptonite powder so quickly?" a perplexed Bud wonders aloud as Andrea and Streaky 1 check on the just starting to recover Streaky 2.

"Worse yet. I think I'm seeing double here." an equally perplexed Lou says as he looks at the scene with Andrea and the two Streakys and he and Bud are trying, in vain, to slip free of the lamp post before the animal control officers arrive.

*********************************************************************************

"We've got to return this fish AND the milk to its rightful owners." Streaky 1 says to his counterpart (who is struggling in Andrea's grip but can't break it). "It's one thing to accept fish and milk as a show of gratitude, but to flat out steal it is wrong."

"Sheesh, you sound like Krypto. Then again, it shouldn't surprise me, since you're usually the one keeping me... us... you get the idea... from taking anything that isn't offered to us flat-out when we're sharing the same body," Streaky 2 grumbles as he uses his super-breath to blow Andrea right into Streaky 1's grip and grabs all the stolen fish and milk (though he leaves the gem Bud and Lou were after behind) before taking off again at super-speed.

"It's finally happened, 'Dray .... I'm getting on my own nerves," Streaky 1 says as he gently puts his owner down and, as she suggested earlier, uses his telescopic vision and super-hearing to try to find his counterpart again.

*************************************************************************************************

But as they take off to look for Streaky 2, they fail to notice three sets of eyes are watching from a distance.

"Of all the rotten luck. First the Joker beats the Penguin to that jewel heist AND Batman nabs them BOTH (as well as Catwoman)..... then Supercat steals the tuna the jewel is stashed in before WE can get to it.... THEN Bud and Lou track down the pesky puss before WE do." Artie grumbles out loud from where he, Griff and Waddles are hiding

"Yeah, dude, but at least the jewel is out of the fish now." Griff adds as he looks at the gem on top of the dumpster.

"And it's ours for the taking." Artie finishes with a sneer.

"What gem?" Waddles asks. Looking again, Griff and Artie can just barely make out a small shadowy figure darting down the alley and disappearing into the dark.

************************************************************************************************

"This jewel will be the purrfect addition to Catwoman's collection," Isis thinks.

Disappearing down a sewer hole, the cat criminal makes several twists and turns and after a few minutes, she comes up out of a far away sewer entrance. But as she turns around, she hears throats clearing and sees she is surrounded by the Penguin's birds.

"Looks like you didn't know about the tracking device on the jewel," Artie gloats. "Something the boss saw to before the Bat interfered."

Isis hisses furiously but realizes she is badly outnumbered. Then the figure of another cat shows up. "Hey gorgeous, what's a girl like you doing on this street? Good thing I just happened to be in the neighborhood," Streaky 2 says as he steps in. Isis is momentarily startled but quickly decides to play along, rubbing up next to Streaky 2; who, without his more responsible side (that's Streaky 1), doesn't have the willpower to refuse the feline thief's advances OR enough personal responsibility to keep something like already being otherwise involved (even if it is a long distance relationship) in mind..

"Supercat," Isis purrs seductively, "I've always thought you were wonderful. Think you could lend me a paw here?"

"These guys bothering you? We'll just blow them off," Streaky 2 says, and uses his super-breath to fling the evil birds into the hard facade of a downtown building, knocking them senseless.

Isis continues to rub against Streaky 2, telling him he is her hero.

Then, Streaky 2 replies happily, maybe they can have some fun out on the town. Isis groans inwardly. Somehow, she has to ditch this fool and get that jewel to Catwoman, who must have escaped from custody by now. She tells Streaky 2 she knows a really fun place and they head down the street and out of sight just as Streaky 1 flies overhead.

To Be Continued

Edited on 01/16/2007 4:55pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Comickook

[53]Aug 19, 2006

And now here's part two of "Supercat's Twin Trouble"

But Streaky 1 stops his pursuit of his twin very briefly as he notices something: the three evil birds, moaning, and starting to come to. "What happened here?" Streaky 1 asks, as the birds stare at him in shock.

"You should know, Romeo. You trashed the three of us with those super-lungs of yours while you were trying to make time with Isis.... after she beat us to that gem the Joker ALSO beat Penguin to earlier." Artie said indignantly.

"Yeah, super-feline dude. It wasn't even two minutes ago. The only way you wouldn't remember something that happened so recently would be if you were to .... like .... have your personality completely split by Red Kryptonite," Griff adds as the animal control wagon starts to come into view.

"I just hope Isis's lair isn't too far from here, because I have a hunch that my double might be in some serious trouble now," Streaky 1 comments to Andrea as he lifts Griff and Waddles (each with one forepaw) and slams their heads into Artie's just hard enough to make sure the three birds DON'T get away from the arriving animal control officers.

Following that, the more serious super-feline focuses his super-ears and telescopic vision on trying to pin-point which direction Isis and Streaky 2 went in.

"Let's go. I can't let anything happen to you... uhh.. him, my OTHER pet," Andrea replies.

As Isis and Streaky 2 arrive in the former's current hideout, Isis is considering unleashing the death trap she set up just in case one of the super-types tracked her down, but decides against it. After all, Catwoman tends to frown on her harming fellow cats unless they specifically at least try to make trouble for her and, for right now, this super-cat ISN'T making trouble for her. In fact, he just HELPED her out of some serious trouble, so at least SOME gratitude is in order here. She still has to get away, but she can do that WITHOUT eliminating this smitten simpleton.

"Now that you've been enough of a gentlecat to see me home, I'll play the game I promised," Isis purrs alluringly at Streaky 2, who gleams excitedly. "I'll tie a lead-lined blindfold around your eyes and you give me a twenty second headstart. If you can track me down while blindfolded, I'll award you with a goodnight kiss." Isis says in her most convincingly faked sweet tone.

Streaky 2 nods eagerly as Isis prepares to tie the lead-lined blindfold around his eyes and prepares to give her, as promised, a twenty-second headstart.

Just as Isis is about to leave, however, Streaky 1 and Andrea enter the hideout. Needless to say, Isis shocked to see a second Supercat.

"Okay, Isis. I've had a busy night already and I'm not in the mood for games. I'd ask you to surrender and make this easier on yourself, but I know you too well to assume you'd go for it," Streaky 1 tells her seriously and the feline thief dodges not just HIS efforts to grab her, but Andrea's as well.

Isis's mind, again reflects on the special trap she set up in preparation for super-types sticking their noses in, but somehow suspects that the girl won't give her time to implement it, so she decides to think of something else... such as pitting ONE Supercat against the other. Instantly removing Streaky 2's blindfold (JUST as the promised "twenty second headstart" ends), the wily feline thief tells the super-powered clown that those two want to put a premature end to the fun, pointing at Streaky 1 and Andrea.

"Why can't you two just leave me alone and let me have my fun?" Streaky 2 comments as Isis prepares to make her getaway.

"You handle the other Streaky. I'LL handle the bad cat who's getting away." Andrea tells Streaky 1 before adding "Just remember...."

"Stop him WITHOUT hurting him. No need to tell me twice there, 'Dray. Just be very careful dealing with Isis; she can be a VERY tricky sort," Streaky 1 says in fair caution as he prepares for Streaky 2's attack.

"Come here, bad kitty," Andrea says. But she is startled when Isis stops and turns around confidently.

"Silly girl. Why did you think Catwoman and I wanted this jewel so badly? It's no mere pretty bauble, watch." Isis aims the jewel and a thin beam comes out and begins burning a hole in the wall. "All it takes is mental concentration," Isis gloats.

"Then you're finished, Isis," Andrea says confidently, pulling a roll of Streaky's catnip-filled toys out of her pocket and dangling them on a string. Isis is obviously struggling but can't take her eyes off the toys. She manages to recover herself, but distracted by the toys, can't concentrate on the gem's power.

"Clever, but even if I can't use the jewel, I have other means of dealing with you," Isis says, leaping out of Andrea's way, pushing a paw against a hidden button as Andrea comes toward her and the girl sees a door shut in front of her and gas slowly seeps from a vent in the floor.

The youth does her best to keep her cool, but the look on her face, mixed with her slightly accelerated breathing and heart rate, makes her understandable fear pretty obvious.

Meanwhile, Streaky 1 is having his paws full with Streaky 2, but it's true the other way around too. Streaky 2 may be faster, but Streaky 1 is enough more agile for it to balance out, meaning that the more serious super-cat can dodge his goofball counterpart's fairly clumsy super-speed attacks (and the super-speed claw swipes Streaky 2 IS able to get in don't do much damage to Streaky 1 thanks to the latter's super-coat).

On the other hand, Streaky 2's super-bad-singing is putting Streaky 1 in some serious pain (especially since the latter has the super-hearing), and Streaky 2's super-breath pushes the more serious super-cat back WHILE he's in pain. Thinking fast, Streaky 1 manages to scoop up two paws full of concrete and crush them up into powder.

Tossing ONE paw full of the powder, Streaky 1 watches as his double dodges the attack and then tosses the second one where Streaky 2 WILL be rather than where he IS. With Streaky 2 temporarily disoriented, Streaky 1 is able to fly up and grab his goofball counterpart, keeping his left forepaw firmly, but gently, over Streaky 2's mouth to ensure he can't use his super-breath OR super-bad-singing.

Streaky 2 mumbles out an apology. Streaky 1 glares and, picking up Andrea's distress with his super-hearing (based on the sound of the gas jets and his owner's slightly increased breathing and heart rate) replies, "Come one, we gotta help 'Dray."

"'Dray's in trouble? I mean, yeah, I used a light blast of my super-breath on her, but I KNEW you were there to catch her, so she wouldn't be in any real trouble." Streaky 2 says as Streaky 1 very carefully removes his paw from around Streaky 2's mouth, actually sounding quite concerned.

"Yes. That may well be, but she IS in real trouble now." Streaky 1 replies as he nods.

"You're right, let's hurry," Streaky 2 says, actually sounding serious for once, then adding, "After all, if anything happens to her, who's going to feed us?" Streaky 1 shakes his head and sighs in exasperation.

The two come upon Isis (Streaky 1 using a blast of his heat vision to disable Isis's control panel before the wily feline thief can activate any more traps) and Streaky 2, scanning the area with his X-ray vision (not to mention his super-sense of smell picked up the odor of the gas), says Andrea is behind the wall.

Streaky 1 rips out the wall with some effort and Streaky 2 blows some of the gas into the path of Isis; enough to irritate but not seriously injure her. Almost instantly afterwards, Streaky 1 crashes through the roof to create a hole to let the gas out of the building.

While Andrea gets a strong grip on the just recovering Isis, Streaky 2 uses his super-speed to create a whirlwind to trap the remaining gas and send it shooting up high enough where it can disperse harmlessly.

"How about that? Even my goofball side has some hero in him," Streaky 1 comments as he makes sure Isis is left securely bound for animal control.

"You're both heroes to me," Andrea says after she pick, picking up and cuddling both Streakys.

"Thanks, 'Dray, but we still have to return all that stolen fish and milk AND that recovered gem. There will be plenty of time for hugs later." Streaky 1 comments seriously.

"Yeah. I suppose it's a good thing I DIDN'T get a chance to start digging in on that fish and milk I grabbed yet," Streaky 2 admits.

"That's okay. Once we're done with this business, I'll take you home and treat you both to a special dinner fit for a pair of super-cats. You've MORE than earned it." Andrea says affectionately... though she makes it a point to put in the anonymous call to animal control before she and the two super-cats leave to make sure animal control arrives to pick up the still bound Isis.

Eventually, after Andrea and the two Streakys return the stolen fish, milk and gem, Andrea is as good as her word and does, indeed treat both Streakys to a delicious meal. (though Streaky 2 is kept on a steel leash to make sure he can't escape again).

"And what were you THINKING trying to make time with Isis? You KNOW there is a certain royal cat over in Katalia that would take major offense to your dallying like that if she ever found out... ESPECIALLY dallying with somebody we should already KNOW can't be trusted?" Streaky 1 comments, verbally chewing out his twin.

"Hey, YOU'RE the one that got the sense of responsibility out of the two of us.... Kitty Do-Right. What you are referring to is a serious relationship and serious is supposed to be YOUR deal. Besides which, her next visit won't be for at least another month. What Princess doesn't know won't hurt US," Streaky 2 retorts to his more serious counterpart.

"In this case, it could have done A LOT worse than hurt US." Streaky 1 points out.

"Forget what I said earlier about you sounding like Krypto.... you're sounding like ACE." Streaky 2 snaps back, even though he mentally concedes that his double is right.

"The Red Kryptonite can't be wearing off too soon for MY tastes" both Streakys silently think simultaneously.

"Now, what's this you two are saying about a "'royal cat in Katalia'" and "'Princess"'?" Andrea asks the more serious of the two Streakys.

"Awwwwkward." Streaky 2 says with a grin as he observes Streaky 1's obvious embarrassment.

The End

Edited on 01/29/2007 11:48pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Isaac6356

[54]Aug 19, 2006

Nice work as always. Here's the next filler episode for my current arc. This is a Para-Clone episode! Yay!

Calling Para-Clone! Babysitter Gal of Justice!

It's a nice sunny day at the park. And Para-Clone is enjoying her time talking with her new girl friends. They talk in a tree. "No way! And what he say then?" She asked. One of them replies, "Well then he said, "If you're not gonna do your fair share, then we should just be slobs." And I said, "Hey. At least you didn't have to lay the egg when our nest was made!"" The girls agree. Para-Clone too, "You're right. If only boys knew how hard it is we girls have than we do." They agree, "Oh yeah." "Totally." She continues, "I mean we're the ones who look after chicks and each other's chicks. And what are they doing? They're just off to feed themselves while they come home with hardly anything." The others agree, "You said it." One of them speaks to her, "Now this is why I like you. You got spunk, beauty, and powers to boot. I mean the ability to be anyone or anything? That's something else." Another one says, "I know! The only kind of powers we see in this city are from Superdog and Supercat, and they practically have the same power. You bring a unique gift to the table, and that's totally awsome." Para-Clone blushes, "Gosh, that's so nice. But a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do." The other one asks, "So I heard you actually took care of a litter of kittens recently. Is it true?" The others gather around her, "Well I guess you can say that." "Oh shut up! That's so cool!" "Yeah. No one's ever taken care of cats before." Para-Clone continues, "Yeah well..I did it for a friend." "Oh do tell!" Another speaks, "Yes! Tell us it all!" And she does, "Well okay. It all happened the other day.."

Now we go into flashback. We see Para-Clone at the breakfest table. "Thanks again for teaching me how to make an omelette Pirin. That's one more food item I could make without it being nasty." Kirin puts the plate down, "Want a bite?" She shakes her head, "Uh uh." "Fine. More for me." He eats it and one of the girls interrupts in the background, "You taught him how to make an omelette?" Para-Clone replies in the background, "Relax. These eggs come from the supermarket. Their not the kind that hatch. Anyway, where was I?"

The flashback now shows her flying, "So after Kirin's breakfest I set off to find my own breakfest. I spotted a nice little berry bush down on some farm land." She flies down into the bush and starts to eat the berries, "I was enjoying my meal when..." Streaky appears, "Hey Pirin!" She freaks out for a second, "Streaky! Don't scare me like that! You want me to have a heart attack!?" "Sorry. I was just looking for you and I wanted to ask you something." "If it's to scratch your back, then the answer is no. I don't want to get any of the stinky fish smell on my feathers." He feels insulted, "Hey! I do not smell like fish! And anyway, that's not what I came here for." "Then what then?" "I wanted to know if you could babysit some kids for me." She is surprised, "Hm? Kids?" "Yeah. See I got this fanclub, and.." "Since when did you have a fanclub?" He feels annoyed by that comment, "Longer than you were living. So anyway, their parents were going out on the town and can't be left alone. I'm kinda busy so I can't stay, and since you're in the neighborhood, I was thinking maybe you could do it?" "What's in it for me?" "Well..I dunno. What do you want?" She sighs, "I'm only kidding. I really got nothing to do today, so of course I'll babysit for ya." He feels delighted, "Really?" "Yeah. Especially since my motherly instincts tell me that I simply can't let some cute bunch of kitties alone, and that this bird is somewhat wanting to babysit and...That didn't come out right." "Great! See ya later!" He flies off. Para-Clone in the background says, "With that I went over to where they should be."

Para-Clone arrives at the Supercat Fanclub place. "Well, this must be the place." She goes inside. The entire club is busy talking away about how cool Streaky *Supercat* is. Para-Clone steps up on some podium thing they made and speaks to them, "Eh hem. Hello everyone! The babysitter is here!" They stop and look at her funny. "Oh boy! Lunch!" Squeaky says, and Para-Clone freaks out. Ramone and Puff tackle her. "Yay!" Para-Clone pushes them off, "Get off me! I'm not your lunch, I'm your babysitter!" Ramone is disappointed, "You're out babysitter?" Puff says, "But you're a bird." Para-Clone socks them on the head and they both go, "Ow!" She returns to her stand, "Now as I was saying, I am your babysitter. Supercat told me all about you guys and how you needed a sitter. And as such, I am in charge of babysitting you until...umm...When do your parents get back?" Squeaky says, "About mid sunset." "Mid sunset it is! ....When exactly is that?" The kittens are clueless. "Nevermind. I'm sure they won't be gone for long. Now, let's begin by introducing ourselves. I am called Para-Clone, but you can call me by my nickname, Pirin." Each of the kittens says their name. "I'm Squeaky." "Ramone's the name." "I'm Puff." "I'm Niki." Para-Clone continues, "Very good. Now that that's settled, I guess I can let you go and play.." Everyone cheerfully goes outside, leaving Para-Clone inside. "Out..side?" She sighs. "At least they're cute." She walks outside.

Commercial Break...

Outside, the kittens are playing with each other. Doing whatever kittens usually do. Para-Clone steps outside. "You know it's rude to leave when someone is trying to talk. That's no way to treat your babysitter!"

As she talks, the Junkyard dogs stick their heads out of the fields and see the group. One of his lackeys *I forgot the names of the two lackeys, if any* asks, "Umm...what are we doing out here boss?" Mutsy replies, "Quiet! We're looking for food remember?" The other lackey says, "But there isn't anything here but straw." Mutsy points out, "No. But that bird over there looks tasty." The other lackey says, "Hey. I don't recall ever seeing a bird like that before." "And wearing clothes?" Mutsy says, "It doesn't matter! A bird is still as tasty as what's inside. Now let's go get it." They duck back down.

Para-Clone finishes speaking but is mad that they ignored her, "Hey! Are you even listening to me!?" They stop. "Huh? Did you say something?" Squeaky asks. Para-Clone gets agitated, "Argh! It's a good thing you four are so cute, cause now I have nothing to take my rage out now!" The junkyard dogs make their ambush, "Get her!" Para-Clone sees this with a sharp eye and counters, "Big mistake!!!!" She starts beating the crud out of them. "Sneak up on me will ya!? Well take this! And that! And a little more of this!" The kittens are rather frightened. Para-Clone finishes up and leaves the dogs dizzied eyed. She looks at the kittens who are now shocked. She blushes, "Oops. Sorry you had to see that. I can get quite scary at times huh? But don't worry, the rage is gone. I'm happy again. He he." The kittens go over to her happily and chat about her being so tough. "That was amazing Pirin! You beat up those dogs like they were nothing!" Squeaky says. "That's nothing. After all, I am...The Babysitter Gal of Justice!" She makes a pose. "Really?" "Well not really. I'm more of a kick butt kind of gal." "Show us some more of your powers!" They all beg, "Please please please!" "Okay okay. Let's go over there." She leads them to another spot. Mutsy is mad, "Dohh....Lucky bird got the better of us. She won't be so lucky next time."

On top a mound of dirt, Para-Clone begins to show off her powers. "Okay! Watch this! Duplicate!" She creates more clones of herself. The kittens are delighted. She clones disappear. "That's nothing. Watch this!" She transforms into Streaky, "Now I'm Supercat!" Squeaky shouts, "Look! It's uncle Streaky!" "Yay!" They begin to laugh as she transforms into silly looking forms, but they are enjoying it. Just nearby, the dogs are rather surprised. "She can be anything she wants." A lackey says. "So what. She's still small and easy pickings. Let's get her." Para-Clone finishes, "Ta da!" Mutsy shouts, "Hey bird!" Everyone turns their attention to the dogs. "You may of gotten the better of us earlier, but now it's our turn to get the better of you! Surround her boys!" They do so and Para-Clone is surrounded. The kittens are worried. Para-Clone smirks, "Oh please." The dogs jump on her, but all they got was a clone as it disappears. "What the?" Mutsy exclaims as more clones and Para-Clone surround them, "Who's surrounded who?" The dogs whimper, "This ain't good boss!" "We're surrounded boss!" Para-Clone says, "You boys should really stick to the city, it's much more fun there." She turns herself into a cannon, while the other clones stuff the dogs into her. "Cannon Express! Now boarding for Metropolis! Estimated time of arrival, five seconds!" "This ain't good!" Mutsy says to himself." "And fire!" She fires away and they fly into the sky with a flash. She returns to normal and the clones disappear. The kittens cheer for her. "That was awsome! You are amazing!" Squeaky says, and the others comment too. Para-Clone blushes, "I am pretty amazing huh?"

Later that day, the parents return home and see that the kittens have curled up around Para-Clone, who was reading them a story but they fell asleep. She waves hello to the parents. Para-Clone in real time says, "And that's what happened." The flashback ends. Her friends are impressed, "Wow. You are a good parent, and a superhero." She blushes, "Yep. I'm an awsome bird."

The End!

Comickook

[55]Aug 19, 2006
    Hey there, Isaac. LOL! Cute story. I definitely have to admit that. Just a few things come to mind. First, it's the DOWNTOWN DOgs, NOT the JUNKYARD Dogs. Second, Muttsey's henchdogs are named BEAZLE AND BEANE. That's just for future reference though. As I said, this WAS a pretty entertaining short story.

Isaac6356

[56]Aug 20, 2006

Comickook wrote:
    Hey there, Isaac. LOL! Cute story. I definitely have to admit that. Just a few things come to mind. First, it's the DOWNTOWN DOgs, NOT the JUNKYARD Dogs. Second, Muttsey's henchdogs are named BEAZLE AND BEANE. That's just for future reference though. As I said, this WAS a pretty entertaining short story.

Thank you. And I somewhat knew they were Downtown Dogs, but in one of the episodes in the episode list *was looking for names*, they were mentioned as Junkyard Dogs.

kryptofan

[57]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 6

just to let you guys know that Krypto The Superdog will move back to the 1:00 PM timeslot on cartoon network sometime soon.

kryptofan

[58]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    Why isnt there any new stories in here I've been waiting for a whole week.

Ladsone

[59]Aug 30, 2006

Hello my friends.  Inspiration has struck once again as I was visiting with some old classmates over lunch today.  Here's what I was able to come up with:

KRYPTO: THE SUPERDOG IN:  How to be a Millionaire

Our story opens at Superman Elementary School.  We walk inside to Kevin and Andrea's classroom where the class is about to leave to go on a field trip to the Metropolis Stock Exchange.  The next scene shows the class standing on the balcony overlooking the trading floor.  The floor is abuzz with its usual activity.  Kevin's teacher is explaining to the class how the exchange works and how to read the ticker that displays information.  After lunch, the class is returning to the school when the teacher announces that the class will be given a special project.  Everyone will be divided up into teams of two and will be given ten thousand dollars to invest and the team that makes the most of their initial investment will win.  Kevin is teamed up with Andrea and the two of them make plans after school to hit the computer and the Daily Planet financial pages.

The kids arrive home and head for the computer.  "What stocks should we buy to make a lot of money?" Kevin asks Andrea.  Just then K-dog and Streaky land from their daily patrol and head up to Kevin's room.  "Hey Kevin, what's up?" Krypto asks his young master.  "Hi, Krypto, Andrea and I are working on a class project about making money in the stock market.  Any ideas?" Streaky tells them they should invest in the fish market instead of the stock market.  Kevin is looking over the financial section of the paper when he notices an article about a new company whose chairman will be ringing the opening bell at the exchange tomorrow to celebrate its Initial Public Offering (IPO).  The name of the company is Laughing Novelties, Inc.  Kevin goes on to read that the company will be featuring amusement park games and rides among its products.  "This looks like a good company to invest in" Kevin tells Andrea.  "Alright, lets put half in that and the other half in both Lexcorp and Waynetech" Andrea says.  "That way, we know Lexcorp and Waynetech will counter any losses we might have with this new company".  Kevin agrees and they make their order slip out to give to the teacher tomorrow.  Unknown to our young friends, Laughing Novelties, Inc. is actually a front set up by the Joker.  His plan is to get enough capital to fund his next big crime spree.  He's even put Bud and Lou on the Board of Directors.

The next morning arrives and Kevin and Andrea turn their order in for the stock purchase to their teacher.  The teacher looks at it for a second and tells the kids, "you're taking a chance here on a new company, but good luck".  The teacher then tells them that the class will be able to monitor the ticker on the TV which is set to the Metropolis Financial News Channel.  The TV shows the live opening of the exchange and the Joker (in disguise) ringing the opening bell.  "Let the fun begin" Joker says as his henchmen pass out goodies to everyone on the trading floor.  Outside, Bud and Lou are waiting in the Joker's limo.  "Boy are these guys in for a surprise!" Bud tells Lou.  "Yeah, just wait till the boss pushes the button on his cane".  Meanwhile, Superdog and Supercat are on patrol over the city when they see Ace coming in on his racer.  The super pair land and Ace informs them that the Joker and his hyenas are in town and Ace needs their help in finding them.  Krypto tells Ace that they'll be more than glad to help and the superpets take off in separate directions.

--- break ---

Kevin and Andrea are checking on their stocks after school and Kevin comes up with a major surprise, "WOW!, Andrea, look at our stock in Laughing Novelties".  Andrea looks at the computer screen and her mouth drops open.  The stock went from $20 a share to over $100 a share on its first day, while Lexcorp and Waynetech stayed right where they were when the market opened.  "Kevin, that's impossible" Andrea says.  At the Joker's hidout, even the Clown Prince of Crime can't believe the news" "Bud, Lou, we're RICH! It's almost a shame to have to do this" Joker tells his pets.  Meanwhile, K-dog lands in Kevin's room and Kevin tells K-dog the news.  "Are you sure, Kevin?" Krypto asks.  "Come see for yourself". Kevin answers back.  Krypto goes to the computer and literally does a double-take.  "Kevin, what do you know about this company?" K-dog asks.  Kevin explains that he saw the article in the paper about the company, but doesn't know much more.  After dinner, K-dog and Kevin go down to the rocket to do some research.  K-dog enters the data and the rocket's computer comes up empty.  "No such company exists" the compter tells them.  "But how can they be listed on the MSE if they don't exist?" Kevin says thinking out loud.  "Wait a second" Krypto says as the light bulb seems to come on above his head.  "That's it! K-dog then gets on the comlink to Ace and asks him to check the Bat Computer for the company.  Ace enters the info and the bat computer gives him the same info that Krypto's computer gave him.  "Are you thinking what I'm thinking" Krypto asks Ace.  "I sure am" Ace replies.  Ace shows the information to Bruce and even Bruce has to laugh. "I've got to hand it to the Joker on this one, Ace" Bruce tells his pet.  "Now, lets see what we can do to burst his bubble"

The next morning, Joker, Bud and Lou are at their hideout going over plans to disrupt the stock exchange today.   In the background we hear the financial channel while Joker is telling his henchmen how the plan is going down.  Just then, something catches Joker's attention and he quickly turns the volume up on the TV.  The business reporter is talking about how the stock in Laughing Novelties, Inc. which went through the roof yesterday, is going through the floor today.  "Apparently, the Securities Commission is investigating the company about some "questionable practices" in their accounting.  Joker looks at the stock ticker and he starts screaming.  His stock went from $100 a share to 20 cents a share.  "How did this happen?" Joker starts asking everyone in the room.  Meanwhile, Kevin was told by K-dog to sell his stock while it was still high enough to show a nice profit.  Andrea wants to know how he did that. Kevin tells her that "some secrets are best left untold" and they get ready to go to class.

LADSONE

Edited on 08/30/2006 7:23pm

Isaac6356

[60]Aug 31, 2006

Yay! Good work Ladsone!