Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode Ideas 3

catfan1

[81]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 17

Ladsone wrote:
    As I've said before, the pleasure is all ours my friend.  I also want to congratulate you and Catfan1 for all the great stories you two have come up with in the past.  Keep up the GREAT work.

LADSONE

Thanks, I've enjoyed the recent stories from Ladsone and Casey and Isaac also.

Comickook and I are working on some ideas I hope we will be ready to share soon.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Comickook

[82]Sep 24, 2006
    • level: 9

Yeah, Catfan1. In fact, here's the first part of our latest tale. Fair warning: it's our most epic piece yet. This tale is set about a half-month after "The Bats and the Birds" and ELEVEN months after the time frame of the Krypto series. Major thanks are in order to KnightMysterio (who came up with a lot of the characters either used or alluded to in this story), DanSandwichBoy (you'll see later on why) and, of course Catfan1 (my good E-mail friend and writing partner).

Anyway... on with the show....

The Present and Future Dog Stars-Part One

It's a bright sunny day, about noon, in Metropolis and some familiar faces are enjoying an outing in the park. Kevin is throwing Krypto a Frisbee while a contented Streaky lies next to an EMPTY picnic basket, pats his full stomach (that's right; he's actually full for once) and yawns as he prepares for a nap, Andrea scratching him behind the ear.

"Don't overexert yourself, Streaky," a smiling Krypto says, after flinging the Frisbee back at Kevin.

"Don't worry, K-Dog. A day like this was made for just taking it easy and, given how busy the past three months have been, I'd say we've BOTH more than earned a day off. No crime fighting. No worries. Just good times," Streaky says.

Krypto reflects that the super-cat may be right. Most of the major bad guys are locked up, the Dog Stars have seen no sign of Mechanikat (or any other known space villains for that matter) in days and even Ignatius is away on a business trip with Luthor. Krypto's super-hearing is on the alert, but still.... the super-dog thinks, "With any luck, we will have most of the day for fun."

But events far in the future will greatly affect the heroes this very day. In the 23rd century, a puzzled Whizzy the Megacat is picking up strange readings on his monitors and it will take him a few minutes to realize what's happening. Elsewhere, Professor Niccolo Muttle; aka the Canine Chronometer ; is explaining his plans to a dull-looking henchdog. "I will finally settle my old score with that fourth-rate intellect, Tralfaz Coll'yer AND destroy his beloved superheroes of legend in the process," the professor says.

"Why do you have such a grudge against that guy?" the henchdog asks, in a tone that made it clear that he is NOT anywhere NEAR as dumb as he looks. "He offered to share his research and help you with that study of the Dog Star Patrol and you refused. It isn't his fault you made all those tiny mistakes, like getting their powers all wrong, saying Drooly was the most important member and getting Brainy Barker confused with Hot Dog. And as for when Reynaldo put you away for a few years before you got your job at the university, you WERE doing the whole "'mad scientist'" routine and the guy was just doing his job. Heck, it was Reynaldo vouching for your intellect and work ethic with the university board after you made parole that LANDED you your job at the university in the first place"

The professor gives the henchdog a furious scowl that shuts him up, before adding, "Of course that's not the only reason for this. The Dog Stars have continually interfered with my plans."

The henchdog seems nervous as he confirms the settings and punches a series of buttons. "I don't know if this is such a good idea, interfering with the past and in another universe actually. Maybe you're pushing your luck messing with these guys."

"Nonsense, these hooligans will be no match for my towering intellect," the professor says. "The field will neutralize their powers, besides, you know I don't like to get my own paws dirty."

As they watch on a monitor, a dog resembling Brainy Barker has four guard dogs immobilized and in her power, then, with an evil smile and callous ease, telekinetically flings all four of them senseless against a wall. Meanwhile, another dog; this one with a vague resemblance to Tail Terrier; grasps three guards at once in his tail and delivers a tremendous electrical shock and three more dogs; looking a lot like nastier versions of Bull Dog, Paw Pooch and Mammoth Mutt; were making incredibly sort work of yet another two dozen of the guards. During this battle, still three more dogs; these three looking somewhat like Hot Dog, Tusky Husky and Drooly; are easily breaking into the three vaults in front of them (the one resembling Hot Dog using a perfectly controlled blast of his heat powers to make very short work of the door of one of the vaults, the one resembling Tusky Husky using his super-tooth to bust open the lock on the second vault and the one resembling Drooly spewing out perfectly controlled blasts of a powerful acid on each edge of the third vault's door).

But before the canine crooks can make off with their stolen property, they see a bright light and find themselves being dematerialized. Behind a glowing force field, there is a flash of light and the group of eight, disoriented but fierce-looking dogs reappear in Niccolo's lab.

They are the members of the Cosmic Canine Cartel: Mind Hound, Behemoth, Minotaur, Claw Canine, Von Fang, Novaburst, Loose Wire and Spewer. As they regain their senses, they begin snarling and charge into the field, only to be knocked backwards. After some quick experimenting by Minotaur, Novaburst and Von Fang indicates that the canine's super-powers seem to be nullified inside this field, a furious Mind Hound snarls at her team to halt, which they do, albeit very reluctantly in a couple of cases. Following that, Mind Hound's cold eyes look directly at Niccolo and, with a barely contained growl, demands that he explain what they are doing here and now.

The professor grins coldly in return. "I have a little business proposition for you," he says. He explains that he has read about the criminal dogs who so closely resemble their counterparts, the original Dog Star Patrol. He knows they are at war with the Crime Syndicate pets and, with the futuristic technology available to him, Niccolo believes he could help if they will do something for him.

"The Cosmic Canine Cartel answers to no one," Mind Hound snarls. "The only job we will do for you is to slit your throat, fool."

"But," Niccolo explains, trying to hide his growing nervousness. "This is your kind of job. It involves maiming, killing and the utter destruction of a group of goody-four-paws heroes, our mutual enemies. Take a look" He then displays a picture of the 21st century Dog Star Patrol and provides the evil canines with some background on the group of dogs who so closely resemble the canine villains.

Mind Hound and her teammates exchange a smug look. "We're interested," the group's leader replies. "Tell us more."

Not long afterward, Whizzy has discovered that the disturbance he picked up was an interdimensional breach and it is soon followed by a breach of the time barrier. With some effort, he is able to get a picture of the criminal dogs as they left for the 21st century.

Professor Tralfaz, also known as Starhound, reveals that the dogs are vicious criminals, some of them more powerful than their heroic counterparts. "They are extremely bad news," he says, as the other Dog Stars look on in concern.

In his most serious voice, Air Dale tells his fellow canine (and feline) heroes, "Dog Stars, get ready for some time travel."

"Well, look at it this way, AD. At least we'll finally get to fight side-by-side with our most famous ancestors... AND the original Dog Star Patrol." Whizzy says, trying very hard to think positively as he sets to work activating the ship's built-in time travel circuitry.

"And I'm calling in the Sirius Patrol.... the Dog Star Patrol's counterparts from yet another alternate world.... just in case. I have a hunch that we .... and the original Patrol.... MIGHT need the extra help." Tralfaz says as HE works the transdimensional communication equipment also built into the ship.

Back in the 21st Century, it's been a quiet day for the Dog Star Patrol. Honorary member Drooly is even on board for a visit and training session with the Dog Stars. But the calm is interrupted when they receive a distress call from a nearby planet. It seems some young puppies are trapped under a collapsed building. They can't trace the origin of the call and Brainy Barker is suspicious of traps, especially after that incident where Mechanikat turned the starting line-up of the team into puppies (except for Tail Terrier and Paw Pooch, who were visiting friends and family on their home planets that day). Still, she says, they have to check out that call and so they head in the direction the call claims to be the source of the emergency (but they do it with a fair amount of caution).

As the ship heads toward the planet, looking on behind a holographic image of a collapsed building (which is giving off false readings to confuse the sensors on the Dog Stars' ship), Mind Hound sneers. "They are just as foolish as the professor said they were," she says. " In fact, " she adds, looking down contemptuously at the bound and gagged Canine Chronometer. "Almost as foolish as he was to trust us. "

A half-terrified, half-furious Niccolo is silently grumbling to himself about how he could have let the Cosmic Canine Cartel dog-pile him and make short work of him with their combined super-powers the very instant he dropped his force field to try to shake paws with Mind Hound concerning the deal he was offering them.

"I say we kill him now to warm up for the battle," says a snarling Minotaur.

"No," snaps Mind Hound. "The egotistical idiot may yet prove of use to us. I want to know more of the alternate universes he mentioned. It should be most enjoyable conquering these worlds.... to say nothing of the overwhelming advantage in resources that several enslaved universes would give us against that buffoon Ultradog and his Crime Pets rabble."

"Very well then, boss lady." Minotaur replies in a resigned tone..

"Hey, look at it this way, Minotaur... wailing on those saps we are luring in SHOULD be enough fun to more than make up for us not getting to ice that guy just yet." Spewer comments.

Brainy Barker looks as the readings again. Everything seems to check out, but still, her mental powers are giving her a vague intuition that something is wrong.

"Paw Pooch, Tail Terrier, Tusky Husky and Mammoth Mutt will beam down and check things out. The rest of us will remain here and keep the transporter locked in on you in case there's trouble," she says.

Mind Hound is furious when she sees that only four of their enemies are beaming down to check things out. Obviously, they are SLIGHTLY smarter than she originally estimated. Not MUCH, but at least enough so to SOMEWHAT sense a trap.

"We'll have to act quickly to overcome these fools and then take their ship. Claw Canine, Loose Wire, Von Fang and Behemoth, you four will each attack your so-called counterparts. The rest of us will beam aboard their ship to take out the potential support staff," she tells her team, who are now baring their teeth in preparation for battle.

Back down on the planet, the four Dog Stars in the "away team" decide to split up into teams of two so that they can cover twice as much ground, but still be somewhat cautious. Tail Terrier and Paw Pooch would comprise one group, Tusky Husky and Mammoth Mutt would provide the other.

As the four pair off, however, they are unaware that they are being watched by four separate sets of sinister-looking eyes.

Back on the ship, Brainy Barker, Bull Dog, Hot Dog and Drooly are all caught by surprise by their own counterparts beaming aboard, but still try to fight bravely.

Bull Dog and Minotaur both sprout super-hard horns on their heads and prepare to charge each other, though Minotaur's superior speed and ability to enlarge himself to the size of an actual bull gives him a clear charging advantage over his heroic counterpart.

Drooly tries one of his slobber-whips, but it's no match for Spewer's acid spray. What's worse, Spewer's physical strength proves to be a good thirty times greater than Drooly's too, which is clearly demonstrated when the two sheepdogs try to slug it out physically. To add insult to injury, however, Spewer finishes subduing Drooly with a spewed out toxic cloud.

Novaburst and Hot Dog are evenly matched in terms of the heat they can generate, but, since Novaburst has learned how to convert his heat energy into temporary bursts of super-strength and super-speed, he still has the edge over his do-gooder double in direct combat (though Spewer makes sure absolutely sure that Novaburst makes extra-short work of Hot Dog by trapping the latter in spewed out ultra-strong glue).

Meanwhile, Mind Hound demonstrates a very clear edge in telekinetic power against Brainy Barker, managing an easy victory of her own against the heroine.

Back on the planet below, Tail Terrier and Paw Pooch approach what looks like it could be the accident site but fail to notice Loose Wire and Claw Canine behind them until it's too late. Tail Terrier is slapped hard by Loose Wire's tail, knocked for a loop and narrowly avoids a massive electrical shock. Paw Pooch confronts Claw Canine but it soon becomes clear he is no match for the martial arts master's superior fighting ability (i.e. Paw Pooch tries kicking a few rocks in Claw Canine's direction, but the latter is not only quick and agile enough to easily dodge the rocks, but also quick enough to use his retractable claws to slice the rocks to pieces just to prove a point and, when Paw Pooch tries to rush Claw Canine, the latter effortlessly dodges AND unleashes a powerful kick to both of the former's back legs).

Meanwhile Tusky Husky and Mammoth Mutt have been ambushed by Von Fang and Behemoth, which would actually be a pretty evenly matched fight aside from the fact that Von Fang and Behemoth are both much more ruthless than their heroic counterparts and Behemoth is an overall more skilled fighter than Mammoth Mutt. Tusky Husky and Von Fang's fight is very closely resembling something out of a classic swashbuckling movie and Tusky is actually holding his own reasonably well until the inflated Behemoth flips the equally inflated Mammoth Mutt onto Tusky Husky. Von Fang then grumbles about how "I would have had that guy on my own in a couple more minutes, Little Miss Show-Off. I mean just because you are the Cartel's second-in-command doesn't mean you have to hog all the fun." as his tooth drill cracks open the ground under Mammoth Mutt and the dazed Tusky, resulting in a fall that takes the last of the fight out of Tusky and leaves Mammoth Mutt stuck to the point of having the deflate herself to get loose. At this point, however, Behemoth literally steamrolls over her heroic counterpart.

A panting Tail Terrier, realizing he is near defeat, manages to reach his communicator and try to alert Brainy Barker to beam the Dog Stars back on board. Indeed they ARE beamed back aboard.... right along with their Cosmic Canine Cartel counterparts. The already spent and battered Dog Stars are alarmed to find the ship taken over by the other Cosmic Canine Cartel members, with Mind Hound at the controls. As she sets the controls to bring the ship a lot closer to Earth, the psionic-powered she-tyrant gloats at the battered, and now bound, Dog Stars. "I can't believe how easy it was. We shall conquer this world, Earth, with no difficulty at all."

She explains their plan as Spewer is busily disintegrating the ship's controls with his acid spray and Novaburst shoots a stream of flames across the ship's main bridge. "This ship is set to crash in a heavily populated city of Earth," she says. "And we have a special fate planned for you curs. You shall all perish with the destruction of your ship, which will likely also cause significant loss of life on this planet, a warning to all who would dare oppose us," Mind Hound adds, just as the Cosmic Canine Cartel members vanish, beaming back to their own ship (courtesy of the remote control units in their collars). The bound Dog Stars, having been fit with special collars designed to nullify their powers and being stuck in separate cages designed to keep them JUST far enough apart where they can't help each other out (as to keep them from using either their powers OR teamwork to escape), look on in horror as their damaged, already burning ship rapidly enters the Earth's atmosphere.

Krypto and Streaky are still in the park, taking in some sun, when Krypto's ears perk up. "Something's wrong overhead," he says, The super-dog and super-cat look up and are alarmed when, with their telescopic vision, they see the flaming remains of the Dog Star's fire hydrant-shaped craft headed straight for Metropolis.

After hurriedly explaining matters to Kevin and Andrea and discreetly; but quickly; changing into Superdog and Supercat, the two fly to the rescue. With great effort, Krypto and Streaky manage to put out the fire with their combined super-breath and use their combined super-strength and super-speed to, first, stop the charred and disintegrating craft before it makes impact with the ground and, then, set it down gently in a deserted area.

As they both use their X-ray and microscopic visions to look over the broken remnants of the burned ship, a visibly shaken Streaky has a paw over his mouth. "Krypto, there's no way anyone could have... I mean..., do you think they're...?"

Krypto tries to keep his cool as he responds, "I didn't see anything with my X-ray vision, except evidence that the craft was deliberately attacked. Maybe the Dog Stars escaped the attack somehow, Streaky. We have to think positive.....but," he adds grimly, not quite hiding his own distress, "This has to be the work of a very dangerous foe. As of now, we are on full emergency alert."

Streaky sighs glumly. "So much for our fun day in the park. Still, I can't help thinking this is partially our faults for not being there with the Dog Stars to help them against whoever did this to them. I mean, you and I were .... ARE the two most powerful members of that group. Okay, I'm only an honorary member, but you get the idea. With our help, the Dog Stars MIGHT have stood a chance."

Krypto nods at Streaky's combination of frustration and guilt. He, too, is half-thinking that they might be partially to blame for not being there to help their friends, before his more rational side reminds him that they have no way of knowing just how powerful their unknown enemy is and, even if he and Streaky WERE there, it might not have been enough to stop whoever did this. And, at least, this way, he and Streaky can be on alert for what is, obviously, one of their greatest challenges to date.

To Be Continued.....

Edited on 01/23/2007 1:32am
    Edited 5 total times.

Isaac6356

[83]Sep 25, 2006
    • level: 15

Wow...

That's the longest piece of work I've ever seen you do. And it's only one part! Thank you for your latest piece guys.

Comickook

[84]Sep 25, 2006
    You're quite welcome, Isaac. Part two will be sent either tonight or tomorrow and the wrap-up will be shared by the end of the week.

catfan1

[85]Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, hope everyone likes the story, it was fun to work on, even if it did get kind of long. 

And thanks, Comickook, for letting me write these with you.

Comickook

[86]Sep 25, 2006
    No problem, Catfan1. You're a fun writing partner to work WITH. :-D

Comickook

[89]Sep 25, 2006

Well here is part two of the most epic story to date Catfan1 and I worked together on. As I said in part one, thanks are definitely in order for KnightMysterio, DanSandwichBoy (who came up with a story alluded to BY Krypto and Streaky in this chapter  [I just expanded Dan's idea to  have Ace, Streaky, Wanda, Verdant Victory and Zipster sent along for the ride too and have the JLAnimals fighting both Merton and Presto Pooch at the same time in the referenced story {I hope DanSandwichBoy doesn't mind that fact}]) and, of course, my good E-mail friend and writing partner, Catfan1: Now, on with the show...

The Present and Future Dog Stars-Part Two

Back in the 23rd Century: Dash Hound is increasingly impatient, waiting for action as Whizzy continues looking at the time travel controls and monitors. "So this is going to be a snap, right, Whiz? We just set the wayback to right before the trouble started and then go kick the bad guys' butts before they have a chance to begin anything."

Whizzy looks up, scowling, indicating he has no time for Dash's questions, and gets back to work.

Equalizer explains, "From what I've read of time travel, it's not quite that easy, Dash. You have to deal with paradoxes and there's always the danger that, if you're not careful, you might unintentionally make things even worse."

Dash looks puzzled, so Whizzy finally stops work long enough to add, "The time line is already strained from someone else's interference. Thus, we need to make sure we delay entering until it's absolutely necessary so that we minimize further damage."

"Huh? Well, OK, whatever," Dash says, scratching his head in obvious puzzlement.

"Wait, I think I see where we come in," Whizzy says, looking closely at the monitor. "Hold on, Dog Stars, this might be a bit rough."

The ship is filled with light and shakes violently for a few seconds but soon stops and, their ship cloaked, the future Dog Stars enter the 21st Century just as the Cosmic Canine Cartel depart the burning Dog Star ship. "Prepare to beam eight subjects on board," Whizzy tells Prophetic Pup.

Prophetic Pup then says "Tralfaz, I'll need your help briefing our honored guests."

The ship's chamber briefly lights up and the members of the original Dog Star Patrol are beamed on board just as their ship bursts into flames in Earth's atmosphere.

"The good news is... all eight of you are all right. The bad news is ..... to put it in early 21st century terms .... your ride is going to need a MAJOR overhaul when this adventure is over." Dash Hound quips as he unties the Dog Stars and removes the collars nullifying their powers.

"You must excuse my teammate, Dash Hound. He IS a good hero when he makes the effort, but I'm afraid he DOES have a habit of making crude remarks at inappropriate times." Tralfaz says politely as he steps forward to greet the original Dog Star Patrol.

Back on Earth, Krypto and Streaky are still somewhat shaken by the sight of the Dog Stars' destroyed ship.. "Come on, Streaky, it's obvious our next step is to alert the JLAnimals," Krypto tells his partner. But when he tries to contact them on his communicator, there's only silence and, after nearly a minute, the sound of sneering laughter in a voice that sounds like a twisted distortion of Brainy Barker's pleasant tones (this also comes over STREAKY's JLAnimals' communicator).

"Sorry, Ultradog, Your friends won't be able to come out and play I'm afraid," the voice says. "We sent out our own little message and lured them into a power-disrupting field," she says, then plays the message in which what sounds like Krypto's voice tells all JLAnimals members to meet him just outside Metropolis. "Perhaps you could rescue them, Ultradog, but I believe you will soon have more important things to worry about. No, I think you and your speed-juice addled lackey are on your own," Mind Hound adds in a sneering tone of voice before signing off.

"Who is that?" Krypto asks "and why did she keep calling me Ultradog and YOU my "'speed-juice addled lackey'"?"

"Got me, K-Dog. Hey... wait a minute. Ultradog. Isn't that the name of that evil counterpart of yours over in that one alternate universe that you, Ace, Wanda, Verdant Victory, Zipster and I ended up accidentally travelling to about six months ago during that fight the JLAnimals had with both Merton and Presto Pooch? You know the one I mean; it's the one where those we generally think of as good guys here are bad guys and most of those we generally think of as villains are actually heroes (ESPECIALLY including that universe's versions of Mechanikat and Ignatius). And, come to think of it, THAT world's version of ME was a major league lunatic who's only power was chemically-induced super-speed," Streaky comments.

"Say.... you're right, Streaky. Ultradog WAS the name of my evil counterpart in that universe and YOUR counterpart WAS that crazed and seemed to only possess super-speed. Come to think of it, Ultradog DID allude to a "'Cosmic Canine Cartel'" in a manner indicating a fierce rivalry. We never actually encountered the Cartel, but from the way Ultradog described them when we fought him and his so-called "'Crime Pets'", we can safely assume this "'Cosmic Canine Cartel'" Ultradog alluded to are THAT universe's versions of the Dog Stars." Krypto further puts in.

"It's fortunate that the voice on that recording was JUST mechanical enough for me to be suspicious." Ace's voice says in the background as the Bat Hound steps out of the shadows to greet the super-pets.

"Yeah, and also lucky that MY communicator is in the shop." Stretch-O-Mutt comments as he comes bouncing in. "I saw the ship crash and bounced over here to investigate.... I also had my ears stretched out enough to hear everything you two said." the elastic canine hero commented, obviously taking the matter a lot more seriously than usual for him.

"Okay, since we know YOU TWO are still free, Ace and Stretch, I figure you two are the best qualified for finding a way to free the others. Between Ace's detective skills and Stretch's ability to reach many areas at the same time, I'm sure you two can figure out how to do it if anybody can." Krypto comments.

"Yes SIR, your Superdog hero-ship... SIR." Stretch says with an exaggerated salute as he morphs into the canine counterpart to a United States Marine. As Ace and Stretch-O-Mutt leave to try to free the others, however, Mind Hound's voice comes back on over Krypto and Streaky's JLAnimals' communicators.

"Okay, so Owlhound was smart enough to spot a trap immediately and that over-elastic imbecile was fortunate enough not to get captured. That SLIGHT stroke of luck with avail you not, Ultradog. I anticipated that at least ONE of your allies would be smart enough and/or lucky enough to not fall into my trap, so I took the precaution of putting fifty of my robotic canine stormtroopers on guard around said trap. And, even if Owlhound and your other ally DO find a way to defeat those stormtroopers, there is still the matter of eight twenty-digit combination locks that need to be unlocked simultaneously in order to get through that field. Even if Owlhound IS smart enough to figure out the combinations, he can't unlock eight locks all at the same time and, I doubt that malleable misfit accompanying him has enough wits about him to figure out an egg-timer, much less twenty-digit combinations on a series of eight incredibly intricate locks." the villainess says, laughing, as she signs off again.

Back on the Dog Star Squadron's ship, after the original Dog Stars have been freed, all introductions have been made and the original Patrol has been briefed on the natures of their opponent, Brainy Barker again voices her gratitude to her team's rescuers and the two groups begin discussing strategy.

"With any luck, my summons to the other back-up I had in mind got through and we'll have all the help we SHOULD need to defeat the villains with a good plan." Tralfaz comments, referring to the interdimensional radio message he sent to the Sirius Patrol.

"Yeah. Assuming the Cartel will give us TIME to come up with a workable plan." Air Dale adds grimly.

"As long as we are carefully cloaked, they don't know we're here. Still, we'll have to de-cloak to get the attention of Krypto and Streaky AND to make sure the last of our back-up will know where to find us." Tralfaz admits in an equally grim tone before adding "All the same, the situation is bad, but not hopeless." to which, all the other heroes nod in full agreement.

Meanwhile, over in the KWLS-verse, Lightning and that world's Krypto just get the call from the Sirius Patrol explaining that the presence of the two honorary members is required as soon as absolutely possible. Despite this Krypto's protests about one of the rare days off the two heroes actually manage to get being ruined, the two super-animals grab their space helmets and take off immediately on a direct course toward the Sirius Patrol's ship. It isn't long before the duo arrives at the ship and Lightning addresses that universe's Brainy Barker in a polite, but straight forward, manner asking what the situation is.

"All I know is that it is a call coming over our secure line from another universe.... whose coordinates HAVE been provided... and that the call explained that the situation was extremely serious." Brainy Barker-2 says frankly as she shows Lightning and Krypto-2 the coordinates, a look of definite recognition on the faces of both heroes.

"I know those universe coordinates.... only too well, in fact. Krypto and I have been there before... as a matter of fact, this trip will make literally the third time in two months we've visited that particular universe..... and the FOURTH time in EIGHT months." Lightning explains to Brainy-2. Krypto-2 interrupts the conversation.

"Uh... Lightning, he'd just arrived for a visit when we got the call and it couldn't hurt to have some extra help," he says, as his red 'cape' morphs into Elast-O-Lab, and the super-dog's actual cape pops out of his collar.

"Always glad to help out you mugs, after all ya done for me, savin' me from a life of crime and all. Admittedly, it took a lot of concentration maintaining that shape AND stretching out my lungs enough for me to hold my breath during a quick space flight DID take a lot of concentration, but it was worth it," the street-bred stretchable canine remarks, as Lightning glares at Krypto-2 for not telling him sooner. Still, in a resigned manner, Lightning nods at Elast-O-Lab in welcome.

"Excellent," Brainy Barker-2 says. "Your friend's shape-changing ability may be of benefit to us."

Meanwhile, Back on the Earth of the standard Kryptoverse, Krypto-1 and Streaky remain on alert; scanning every area they fly over with their X-ray, telescopic and microscopic visions and their super-hearing. "Krypto, I sure hope Ace and Stretch can rescue the other JLAnimals by themselves," a worried Streaky comments as he and Krypto-1 fly over Metropolis.

"They'll have to, Streaky. We're needed here as long as there's a danger the city will be attacked." Krypto-1 responds in a tone clearly showing that he DOES understand and even share his feline partner's concern for their friends.

Just then, the two heroes notice a huge craft overhead and head toward it. Krypto's expression turns grim as he considers this could be the attack they expected. "Surrender now," Krypto-1 says firmly.

"Superdog, Supercat, we're here to help," a female voice, Prophetic Pup, says.

Then, while the two heroes are discussing whether or not the voice is on the level, Brainy Barker's voice is heard, "Krypto, it's us, the Dog Stars."

Krypto-1 and Streaky inspect the craft with their X-ray vision. "It looks and sounds like them, but it could be a trap. After all, that voice we heard before sounded just like Brainy," Streaky says.

"I don't know. The other voice DID sound like Brainy's, but a lot nastier. This voice doesn't HAVE the nastiness of the one we heard over our JLAnimals communicators," Krypto1 responds before admitting "But we can't take chances" and the two head for the ship as two dogs appear outside. One is a sky blue Airedale terrier and the other is a collie with a blue collar and armor.

Streaky, remembering the fate of the Dog Stars ship, reacts immediately. "Take this, you miscreant mutts," Streaky says angrily, flying toward the pair too fast for Tralfaz to get a force field up in time. The grief-blinded super-feline almost knocks Tralfaz for a loop, except that the terrier snatches his partner out of the way barely in time and responds with super-breath that forces Streaky back, nearly knocking him into Krypto.

"Two can play at THAT game, blowhard." Streaky says as he quickly gets up, only to be gently blocked by Krypto-1

"Streaky, wait. Don't you recognize him?" Krypto-1 asks.

The super-cat takes a closer look. "Oops... sorry, Professor Tralfaz," he says apologetically before asking "But what are YOU doing here... and in that getup?"

"Given what you two have already been through, your combination grief/paranoia fueled attempted attack WAS understandable, Streaky, and as for this "'get-up'" and why my teammates and I are here, explanations ARE most definitely in order." Tralfaz replies with a nod.

The explanations are made and soon the heroes are inside discussing plans, Krypto and Streaky both greatly relieved to see that their Dog Star colleagues are all alive and well.

"I can't believe your descendant is a super-genius," Krypto-1 remarks.

"Makes sense to me, K-Dog. Of course, it ALSO makes sense that YOUR descendant is this outfit's second-in-command." Streaky replies, as Krypto-1 greets his own descendant, Air Dale.

Equalizer seems particularly thrilled to have the legendary Krypto on board. "It's ... such an honor to meet you, Superdog," she says in a starstruck tone, somewhat to Air Dale's discomfort.

On board the CCC ship, Minotaur is looking at a monitor and is alarmed. "Boss, it's another team of heroes in another ship and it looks like they rescued those Dog Star saps." Mind Hound snarls.

"A minor annoyance. We shall deal with them AND their friends just as we did before and we'll finish the job this time," she says.

"I will gladly fight tooth and claw for the Cartel, but we ARE outnumbered now. Not insurmountably, given our combined talents, but still by enough for them to give us a good amount of trouble, ESPECIALLY since we have no real information on the new heroes and this fool refuses to provide any." Behemoth remarks as she snarls at the tied-up Canine Chronometer.

"True, and I DO seem to be unable to read his mind to GET the information, presumably due to some internal psi-blocks on his part." Mind Hound replies in a noticeably annoyed vocal tone. "But we DO still have use for him as a hostage, just as I rightfully predicted earlier," the criminal boss says smugly as she somewhat calms down, her teeth showing. "With the right diversions, we should be able to get rid of enough of them to make it an unfair fight-- in OUR favor of course."

To Be Continued

Edited on 01/10/2007 11:38pm
    Edited 14 total times.

Isaac6356

[90]Sep 25, 2006

Very nice. Except the messed up TV.com has made you triple post due to bad server. Oh well. It won't happen to me hopefully, as I introduce my latest chapter! This time it be an Ace chapter, as I've done everybody else. This should be fun.

Dangerous Ransom! Trade Off with a Clone!

Night time in Metropolis, as a robbery at a fish processing factory is underway. You can already guess who's robbing the fish from storage. It's the Penguin's birds! Artie, Griff, and Waddles! "Hurry up you two!" Artie calls out while holding a bag of fish as the others get their bags. "We'll be caught before we even get out of here if you don't hurry up!" However...Someone says, "Too late." Krypto and Ace are already here, standing in there way. Ace then says, "Drop the fish and come in quietly." Artie declines, "And miss out on the silver tuna they have locked up here? I don't think so. Griff, Waddles, make a break for it! I'll handle Bat Hound here." They nod and run off. Well, Waddles does, but Griff can fly.

"Want me to handle them?" Krypto asks Ace. "Go right ahead. I'll deal with this bird." Krypto flies away as Ace and Artie prepare to square off. "You made a big mistake trying to take me on Artie. It'll make this quick." He fires baterangs from his belt and they aim for Artie. Artie throws his two Ice Dice at them. They knock each other back. Artie catches his dice and the baterangs freeze up as they hit the ground. Ace is surprise. "You think these are the same ol dice I carry around all the time?" Artie says while tossing his dice up and down. "I've got these babies modified, so now they actually freeze anything they touch." He snags the dice. "Oh, and I have other tricks I can do with these babies." Ace isn't impressed, "Just try it then." Just then, Robbie comes out of nowhere in front of Ace. "What the?" "Leave this to me Bat Hound! I'll get him!" Robbie gets out one of his homemade baterangs. "Robbie, wait!" "Hiyah!" He throws them. Artie declares his attack, "Ice Roll!" He throws his dice, which reflect the baterangs back at Robbie. He panics and Ace steps in and knocks them away, just as they freeze to the ground. "Thanks Bat Hound." Ace yells, "You need to be more careful." Artie interupts, "Eh hem!" Ace turns around and sees the dice underneath him. Both die read one. "Snake eyes! Now watch this!" The Ice Dice launch ice pillars underneath Ace and send him flying. "What the?" The ice forms into a snake's head and ram into Ace. Artie shouts, "Strike of the Ice Serpent!" Ace gets rammed into the ceiling. Robbie shouts, "Bat Hound!"

The ice disappears and Ace begins to fall. Krypto, who was trying to catch the other two birds, sees Ace falling, and flies to his rescue. He catches him on his back and lands on some boxes. Robbie sighs in relief. "That was a close one." Artie throws his dice again and they land on fours. An ice cage forms around Robbie. "Hey! What the!?" Artie picks up the cage and laughs. "Boys. I just hatched a great idea." Krypto lands on the ground. "You okay Ace." He moans as he is barely conscious. Artie shouts out, "Listen up! I know how much this little bird friend of yours means to ya. Now Bat Hound here either comes to the Metropolis Docks by midnight with the Silver Tuna, or else this bird is swimming with the fishes. And you better come alone, or else!" They make a break for it, laughing. Krypto doesn't think so, "Oh no you don't!" Ace moans again. "Hang in there Ace. I'll get you some help..." The words are blurry as he falls unconscious.

Ace begins to wake up again. This time in Kirin's house. Para-Clone is in his face a bit, checking on him. "Hey guys! He's waking up!" Ace lifts his head, "Ugh...Where am I?" "Why my house of course. Krypto brought you here and you were in really bad shape." Krypto and Kirin are nearby as Kirin finishes getting the results. "So how is he Kirin?" He replies, "Well. His bones are shattered in many different places. He's definitely not going to be moving for quite awhile." Ace tries to move. Para-Clone tries to stop him, "Please, don't move. You're hurt!" "Can't. I..have to go to the docks. Robbie is in danger." "Huh?" Krypto answers, "He's right. Robbie was taking hostage. And they want Ace alone to bring them the Silver Tuna." Kirin speaks, "The Silver Tuna? You mean the one the Metropolis Fish Corporation uses for their famous Silver Tuna Meat Brand?" "That's right." Kirin goes to a cooler, "What a coincidence." He holds up a Silver Tuna. The others, excluding Para-Clone, are surprised. "I caught this baby off shore this morning." Para-Clone adds, "You wouldn't believe how long it took to catch it." A funny thought bubble is above her head depicting the event. "All morning no fish were biting. Until we were about to leave, his remaining fish line was snagging a bite. It was so strong, he was pulled straight into the water." The thought bubble disappears. "It was one of the proudest moments of his life. Catching one of the rarest fish in Metropolis bay."

"Good." Ace says. "Now all that's left is to get to the docks and.." He can't move. Krypto says, "You're too hurt to go anywhere. I'm afraid you have to sit this one out." "No. Those birds are clever. They'll know something is up and dispose of Robbie. I have to go! It's my fault for letting him get captured. I was careless for not anticipating those bird's actions." Krypto smiles, "We know. And we already have something planned for it. We're gonna send someone else in your place." "What? But they only want me. Who can possibly take my place?" Kirin and Krypto both point and Para-Clone, who giggles. "No. You are not sending here." She feels offended, "Aww. Why not? I'm great at doing people. I mean I can clone into them for crying out loud! Look!" She turns into Ace. Ace doesn't agree, "Yes, but you aren't perfect. Those birds won't be fooled by a fake, no matter how perfect you are." Para-Clone returns to normal. "What do you mean? I'm as perfect as I can be!" "There's more to being me than simply putting on a costume. If you're going to be my replacement, you have to do exactly as what I would do, and not what you would do." "So hand me a manual and some glasses, I can do it! Really!" Krypto and Kirin are embarrassed. "This is going to be a long night." Krypto says. Kirin nods in agreement. Ace says, "Alright. If we're going to pull this off, you're going to have to do as I say. Got it?" Para-Clone nods, "Got it!"

Commercial Break...

Where we left off..."Alright. First put on your game face." Para-Clone nods and turns into Ace. "First things first. Can you mimic my voice?" Ace asks and she replies in his voice, "Yes." "Good. Now show me your walk." Para-Ace *I'll just call Para-Clone as Para-Whatever she is* walks around in the way Ace would. "Good. Now show me which belt compartment holds my baterangs." Para-Ace accidently presses a button and baterang with rope comes out and ties her up. "He he." "Argh. That's not it." Krypto watches them as Kirin reads the newspaper. "Okay. Now say something serious." Para-Ace speaks, "End of the line bub." "No no. I would never say bub. Try again." She speaks again, "Looks like this case is all wrapped up." "Not bad. But we're not solving a crime, we're saving someone." "Release the prisoner at once, or feel my wrath!" "No." As they continue on, Krypto and Kirin continue doing what they were doing. Watching and reading. Kirin looks at his watch, "It's now 11:30. You might wanna wrap this up." Ace agrees, "Very well. Just one last thing. What are we doing?" Para-Ace replies, "We're saving Robbie." "That's right. And don't forget it."

Later at the docks, the Penguin's birds wait impatiently. Griff asks, "Are you sure that dude will show?" Artie replies, "Well if he doesn't someone is going to have a unpleasent dip into the ocean." Robbie is dangling in the ice cage on rope, over the water. Waddles is eating some of the fish they stole. "Waddles, get out of there!"

Just out of sight, the gang is prepared to step in. Ace is on Krypto's back. "You ready Para-Clone." She nods. "Ready." Kirin lifts up the bag holding his fish. "Here's the fish. But are you sure we really want to ditch this fish? It was going to be tomorrow's dinner." Ace replies, "I'm sure you'll have something better." Para-Clone gets to the ground, "Right then." She transforms into Ace.

Para-Ace drags the bag over to where the birds are. "There you are." She comes closer. "That's close enough! Now, did you bring the goods?" Para-Ace simply drops the bag and the head of the Silver Tuna is exposed. Artie is delighted, "Excellent!" Para-Ace speaks, "Now in exchanged you must release Robbie immediately!" "Why of course. Just throw the bag over, and Waddles here.." He notices Waddles isn't at his station. he snaps at him and he responds. "Waddles here will open the cage. Got it?" "Good." As they prepare to exchange, Robbie sees Ace in the distance and shouts, "Hey! You're not Bat Hound!" Everyone is surprised, and Krypto and the others are even more surprised. "Shoot!" He explains, "The real Bat Hound would never steal a rare fish from a fish factory! He would come up with a clever plan to get me out and catch these guys at the same time!" Para-Ace snarls at him and Robbie shuts up. Artie is suspicious, "Yeah. And last I checked, my dice made work of you. In fact, you shouldn't even be standing." Para-Ace is sweating.

Kirin asks, "We're busted aren't we?" Ace nods, "Unfortunately. Now we go to plan B." Krypto asks, "And that would be?" "Simple. Attack!"

Kirin and Krypto *with Ace still on back* charge in. "So it was a trick!" Para-Clone reverts to normal, "Got that right!" "Gah! Cut the line!" Griff bite the rope. "Uh oh. Waahhhhhh!!!" Robbie falls into the water, still in the cage. Ace shouts, "Hurry, before he drowns!" Artie steps in their way, "You're not going anywhere." The gang can't go further. Para-Clone says, "You guys get to Robbie, while I kick this guy's butt!" "Becareful of his dice." Krypto warns her. "They have strange powers." "Gotcha." They take off as the two square off. "So a little girl wants to take me on? You are unlucky to coem against me." "Oh please. This girl made a complete fool out of you easy." Krypto and Ace, and Kirin are cut off by Griff and Waddles. "No where to go dudes!" Kirin puts his hands to the ground, "Wind Pillar!" They are confused, but then they are sent flying into the air from a wind blast from the ground. "Get Robbie while I tie these guys up!" "Got it!" Krypto and Ace head for the water and go under. Kirin grabs a net and ties several ends to hooks as the two birds land into the net. They are ensnared easily. Kirin puts his foot down, "Looks like I caught my catch of the day."

Artie tosses his dice up and down, "Let's see how lucky you are." He throws his dice and they both land on six. "Perfect." The ice dice make a large wave of ice appear, heading toward Para-Clone. "Ha! Just try and escape my Icy Tidal Wave!" The wave begins to fall down on her. But Para-Clone simply flies over it. "My turn!" She launches feather darts at him, "Dance of the Soaring Phoenix!" Many feathers rain down and knock Artie back a bit. "Oh yeah?" He throws his dice again, and she throws more feathers. This time, the feathers pierce through the dice, breaking them. "No way! My dice!" Artie gets hit by the feathers and is defeated. He has the swirly eyes of defeat. Para-Clone lands on her feet. "And this girl, kicked your icy butt." Back with Krypto and Ace, they emerge from the water, as Ace holds the cage with his teeth. Robbie is fine. "Yay!"

The birds are all tied up as everyone rejoices. "You were amazing! I thought I was a goner! Sorry I kinda ruined the rescue mission though." Ace speaks, "Well next time, don't jump into action unless I really need it." Robbie frowns, "Yes. I'm sorry for that too." Ace smiles too, "Well I'm just glad you're okay." Para-Clone acts like, "Awww. That's so cute." "Watch it." "Oh come on. You got to admit I did good. And I didn't mess things up." Kirin agrees, "Indeed. And the best part is, I didn't have to lose tomorrows dinner." He checks the bag, but it's empty. "Huh?" He runs to the end of the dock and sees the tuna swimming away. Kirin has waterfall tears down his face in disappointment, "Aww...There goes my fish." Everyone else laughs at his misfortune.

The End!

Edited on 09/26/2006 10:51am

Comickook

[91]Sep 26, 2006
    Hey, pretty darn good stuff, Isaac. Glad to see you didn't have anywahere near the posting problems *I* did. :-D The next part of the latest epic done by Catfan1 and myself will be posted either tonight or tomorrow night. :-D

Isaac6356

[92]Sep 26, 2006

Thanks. BTW, I did make a slight change to Para-Clone's attack as it sounded dull to me. I have troubles coming up with attack names that I forget to realize there is something better than a bird. . So I changed Dance of the Soaring Bird to Dance of the Soaring Phoenix.

Also, did you happen to catch the X-Men reference I made?

Comickook

[93]Sep 26, 2006
    Yeah, I DID. Cute little nod to the fact that Ace and Wolverine have both been voiced by the same individual. :-D

Comickook

[94]Sep 27, 2006

If this looks double-posted again, it's because the lousy computer is STILL giving me trouble.

Grrrrr. Anyway, here is part three of the latest story written by Catfan1 and myself. Naturally, all of the aforementioned (in the previous two chapters) thanks to KnightMysterio, DanSandwichBoy and, of course, Catfan1 himself, still very much apply and, now, on with the show....

The Present and Future Dog Stars-Part Three

As the Cartel are planning their diversions, however, yet another ship emerges..... crossing over from the dimensional barrier. This is the ship of the Sirius Patrol..

"With any luck, that's the added back-up I called in earlier." Tralfaz observes.

"I believe it IS, Tral. the bio-readings I've picked up on the ship indicate that there are TWELVE beings on board that ship.... INCLUDING non-Terran versions of a Saint Bernard and a saber tooth tiger AND different versions of Krypto and Streaky.... two individuals we KNOW the Cosmic Canine Cartel DON'T have on their team." Whizzy comments as his scanning equipment finishes its job.

"Different versions of us? Different HOW?" Streaky asks

"The version of YOU is larger and more muscular; according to the scanner; and the version of Krypto is pudgier." Whizzy explains.

"Lightning and HIS universe's Krypto." Krypto-1 and Streaky reply in unison.

"Which means that the others with them must be the "'Sirius Patrol'" that Lightning alluded to when we visited HIS universe three months ago." Krypto-1 says to Streaky.

Ace and Stretch-O-Mutt finally locate the trapped JLAnimals in a deserted area outside Metropolis.

Looking at the robotic stormtroopers, Ace notes that this will be a serious challenge. They decide Stretch will diguise himself as one of the mechanical beasts and look for weaknesses, Ace noting there has to be power source for the robots. "Well, hello there, tall, shiny and gruesome," Stretch, in a vaguely feminine robot form, tells one of the bots in a mock-flirtatious tone as he puts an arm around one, trying to get close enough to see how the stormtroopers are powered.

Ace is finally able to determine that the bots are powered out of a well-protected source near the head, but Stretch-O notices tiny slot openings on the bots just large enough for him to infiltrate. To prove the point he forms a stream of liquid plastic and enters, changes into a wrench that jams up the controls of one bot, but Ace will have to hold off the stormtroopers while Stretch is disabling them, something that will be risky and time consuming. A frustrated Ace, dodging blasts from two troopers who take each other out, notes this is still taking too long, as he narrowly avoids attacks from the remaining 47 robots...... just as Chameleon Collie, Zipster and Tech-Hound all arrive at the same time.

"Sorry we're running a bit late, but Tech-Hound and Chameleon Collie were helping me out dealing with one of Gorilla Grodd and Magnum Max's schemes." Zipster explains to Ace and Stretch while Tech Hound takes out one robot from behind with a precisely aimed blast from one of his shoulder mounted laser cannons (though the shielding manages to keep out a good 95% of the laser's power) and Chameleon Collie makes herself intangible long enough to gain entry into another of the robots (the shielding provides a shock making the entry more difficult, but the Martian canine manages to succeed with supreme concentration) and take out THAT robot too.

"Yeah, and we also had to stop to recharge my armor on the way back to Metropolis when we picked up that message that Chameleon Collie and I could BOTH tell was fake." Tech Hound adds as Zipster speeds up to the neck of one of the robot stormtroopers.

"However, we knew we had to come to the aid of our teammates, so I had to do a telepathic scan to track YOU down as I knew YOU wouldn't be fooled by it either." Chameleon Collie says to Ace and points out that she is also telepathically keeping track of Stretch-O-Mutt to make sure neither she, nor Tech-Hound nor Zipster take down any robots that HE is still inside. As Zipster tricks two more into taking themselves out with a lot of super-speed maneuvering, the super-speedster squirrel comments "Okay, that's seven down, 43 to go."

Back on the Dog Star Squadron's ship, the last of the introductions have been made and the Sirius Patrol members agree they'll do their best to help out.

"With all of our combined efforts, we should be able to handle those otherdimensional villains," Lightning is commenting, "Has anyone been able to track their whereabouts?"

Whizzy says he is trying to, but the CCC ship seems to be securely cloaked. Just then the ship's monitor is hijacked and the voice of Mind Hound is heard, warning the heroes that they are about to get very busy and advises they check prominent locations around Metropolis.

At City Hall, Claw Canine digs underneath the building base and Spewer launches an attack on the structure, dangerously weakening the supports. As Loose Wire threatens guards with his electrified tail, Von Fang drills huge holes in the city prison, freeing several of Metropolis's worst villains and Novaburst has started a huge fire in the city park. In the center of the city, Minotaur has battered and strewn automobiles into a heap in the center of the street and destroyed a main bridge through Metropolis as citizens flee in terror, creating a scene of chaos. And then the screen shows: on a huge Bank of Metropolis clock, hanging from the second-hand is Canine Chronometer, connected to an explosive and screaming for help. "Appropriate fate for that foolish one, don't you agree?" Mind Hound says with an evil laugh. "Good luck," she sneers, "And remember, you never know where we might be, ready to ambush you."

"Dog Stars, we'll split into teams of members best equipped to deal with the emergencies," both Brainy Barkers say simultaneously, then stop; somewhat embarrassed; and then continue assigning heroes to deal with the crises. It is agreed that each Brainy will lead a different team (Brainy-1 will lead the team protecting the park while Brainy-2 leads the team stopping the escapees), as will Krypto-1 (he will lead the team protecting City Hall [he wants to lead the one protecting the park {not to mention Kevin, Andrea and their families}, but it is pointed out that his particular powers might be needed more at City Hall]) , Air Dale (he will lead the team saving the Canine Chronometer as well as the bank he is hanging over) and Bull Dog-2 (he will lead the team assigned to stop Minotaur).

Air Dale approaches Tralfaz. "Whizzy and I are both needed out there. I need you to stay here and help Prophetic Pup with strategy. Your knowledge of these villains might be our best bet to defeat them."

Brainy 2 adds, "And I'd like Lightning and our universe's Krypto to remain and provide security for our two ships" and the two heroes nod in agreement, understanding that they could be at great risk if the ships are attacked.

Thus, the five teams separate with Krypto-1 leading Equalizer (much to Air Dale's discomfort, but he knows she's needed the most there), Arachi-Kitty, Dragon Dog, Fireball and Elast-O-Lab on the City Hall protection team; Brainy-1 leading Drooly, Streaky, Paw Pooch and Snowshoe on the city park protection team; Brainy-2 leading Tusky Husky, Twinblades, Bull Dog-1 and Tail Terrier on the escapee-stopping team; Air Dale leading Dash Hound, Micro Mutt, Mammoth Mutt and Tail Tabby on the team assigned to save the Canine Chronometer; and Bull Dog-2 leading Macro Mutt, Whizzy, Laser Labrador, Hot Dog and Cobra Canine on the team assigned to stop Minotaur.

Meanwhile, back at the scene with the robots and the trapped JLAnimals, an exhausted Ace and Zipster are dodging two remaining robots when one of them finally falls. "One to go, team. Pretty good, huh? Wait a minute... team? Man, the things you don't notice right away when you are extremely busy." Stretch-O-Mutt says excitedly as he notices that quite a few more robots than he thought he took down, pausing only to actually see Chameleon Collie, Zipster and Tech-Hound. for the first time this battle (he's been so busy with the robots he was sabotaging that he didn't notice Chameleon Collie, Zipster and Tech-Hound arriving until now).

"Just hurry up and finish that last one off," Ace says, not bothering to hide his irritation as he and Zipster dodges yet another attack. Zipster tells Stetch to not even bother as the super-speedster squirrel; somehow finding the strength to manage this stunt; runs around the last robot so fast as to trap it in a temporary vortex, which holds just long enough for Chameleon Collie to disable it and Tech-Hound to look over the series of locks alongside Ace and Stretch.

The animal heroes then ponder what their next move should be. "I can stretch out my paws enough so that each paw can easily reach one of the locks and there are four of you to handle the other four locks, so there's no need for me to stretch out my neck, ears and tail to handle the others like I would have to if I were on my own, but the locks themselves ARE tough to figure out." Stretch-O-Mutt admits in a surprisingly serious tone as he looks at Ace, Zipster, Chameleon Collie and Tech-Hound.

"Unfortunately, Mind Hound isn't here for me to POSSIBLY read her mind for the information," Chameleon Collie comments.

"I've got a series of eight high-speed, high-tech lock decoders that MIGHT be able to decipher the combinations to these locks, but, with all the possible combinations, it could still take as long as two hours to figure out all the combinations and there would STILL be no guarantee that it would all be simultaneously, as required." Tech Hound admits.

"It might STILL be our ONLY chance." Ace says with a sigh as Zipster zooms around the area holding his imprisoned teammates and slaps one of Tech Hound's lock decoders on EACH of the eight different locks. After the last lock decoder is put in place, Zipster gives Tech Hound the salute indicating that it's okay to start.

All over the city, the heroes are dealing with the emergencies and, so far, there's no sign of the CCC members.

Equalizer uses her strength (geometrically increased temporarily because she duplicates Krypto-1's powers) to try to hold up City Hall while Elast-O-Lab tries to help her out by stretching and inflating himself into a giant airbag to provide extra bottom padding for the beleaguered building. Up above, Arachi-Kitty is using his forepaw-generated spider-webbing to provide some extra support for the support beams while Krypto-1 uses his super-speed and super-senses to gather as much sturdy surplus building material as possible for Dragon Dog and Fireball to weld into place as make shift supports with their combined fire powers. Once Krypto-1 and the others are finished taking care of the "make shift supports" problem, they all set to work filling in the hole dug up by Claw Canine as further reinforcement. Although, the six heroes are glad they managed to successfully save City Hall, they are a bit bewildered about why there weren't any Cartel members waiting in ambush.... unless you count the fifty robot stormtroopers lying in wait at the beginning that gave the six heroes a noticeable measure of difficulty, but were still managable thanks to the teamwork of all six super-animals.

At the park, following an admittedly rough, but still not impossible, fight with another fifty of the Cartel's robotic stormtroopers, Brainy-1's team goes right to work on the fire. Though the fire is definitely raging, it is still handled pretty well by Brainy-1's use of telekinetically lifted boulders as stomping tools, Drooly's ability to spout out wet slobber like a fire hose (both for use on the fire directly AND in filling the make-shift moat Paw Pooch is digging up), Streaky's super-breath and super-speed (the feline employing the latter to fly around patches of fire fast enough in the right direction to produce a vacuum), Paw Pooch's aforementioned rapid digging of a make shift moat (and hitting the fire with a sand shower by means of that same digging) and Snowshoe's cold powers (employed at a reasonably safe distance to make sure the flames don't snuff his powers, of course). In fact (VERY fortunately), the five heroes are able to put the fire out before anybody gets hurt. After the fire is out, Streaky checks back in on Kevin, Andrea (who are acting, to their parents, just like two kids who happen to be extremely concerned about their pets) and their families. After plenty of words of concerns and well wishes on both sides, the super-cat flies back off to rejoin Brainy-1's team, who are all wondering why there were no signs of a Cartel ambush aside from the robots that were seen early on.

Brainy-2's team doesn't have too much trouble re-capturing the majority of the escaped criminals apart from the initial hassles from fifty of the Cartel's robot troops. In fact, between Brainy-2's telepathy and telekinesis, Twinblades's detective skills and physical prowess and Bull Dog-1, Tail Terrier AND Tusky Husky all having the element of surprise on the human criminals with which to make maximum use of their own abilities and teamwork, a good number of the villains are back in their cells within minutes of the breakout, but the heroes are left pondering why the Cartel didn't show any signs of resistance aside from those robots used early on..

Air Dale's team has an even harder time with the fifty robots placed at the scene of the Canine Chronometer's peril than the other teams have had with THEIR fifty robot welcoming committees. Still, between Micro Mutt's shrinking ability and scientific skills, Dash Hound's speed, Air Dale's aerial agility, Mammoth Mutt's steam roll attacks and Tail Tabby's well-timed fancy roping, they are still able to very narrowly pull out the victory. All the same, by the time they manage to get through the last of the robots, the Canine Chronometer literally vanishes. The bomb that WAS attached to him, though, still remains and is falling to the ground. Thankfully, Air Dale catches the bomb easily and Micro Mutt manages to shrink herself down enough to fit inside the bomb and safely deactivate it, meaning that the bank IS saved.

At the site of the destroyed bridge, Bull Dog-2 is clearly puzzled as to why there are no Cartel members around to ambush them (as are the other five heroes on his team), despite the fact there ARE fifty robot stormtroopers present clearly waiting for them (though, as with all of the other teams,, these still aren't anything the heroes' combined abilities and gear can't handle with a lot of effort). They DO, however, manage to set the knocked over vehicles up right AND, with teamwork, perform just enough bridge repair work before they are forced to leave to save the construction crew a few weeks' work (Whizzy and Hot Dog getting the idea to use the leftover parts from the fifty defeated robots as "makeshift bridge repair work material").

While the battles rage all over the city, Mind Hound, Loose Wire and Minotaur materialize on the future Dog Star ship and have Prophetic Pup and Tralfaz cornered while Novaburst, Behemoth, Von Fang, Spewer and Claw Canine materialize OUTSIDE the ships of the Squadron AND the Sirius Patrol, keeping Lightning and Krypto-2 occupied in a fairly heated battle.

With their super-speed, Lightning and Krypto-2 manage to dodge Spewer's ultra-glue shots (which end up trapping Von Fang, Behemoth and Claw Canine instead) until the sheepdog gets tired of trying this and attempts to blast out a toxic cloud while Novaburst is busy fighting Krypto-2.

Lightning sees in his mind's eye what is happening and, after blowing Spewer's toxic cloud right back at him with a swift blast of super-breath and kayoing the alien sheepdog with a quick uppercut while Spewer  is temporarily disoriented by his own toxic cloud, quickly makes sure Krypto-2 can handle Novaburst.

Fortunately, while Krypto-2 is pudgier than his normal Kryptoverse counterpart, he still has the SLIGHT advantage over the heat-powered Cartel member in terms of raw strength and speed (when the latter is converting his heat energy INTO strength and speed anyway) AND the DEFINITE edge in terms of how long said strength and speed lasts, so Krypto-2 can, indeed, handle it.

Once he's certain Krypto-2 has the Novaburst situation well in paw, the super-feline uses his X-ray vision and super-hearing to check right back in on the two ships and quickly zips in to the Squadron's ship. Seeing Mind Hound's on-screen image, however, Lightning stops and proceeds cautiously.

"One wrong move and we ice your friends," Minotaur says smugly.

Mind Hound can't resist a slight chuckle as she adds, "This ship, equipped with weaponry from the future, is just what we need to complete our plans for conquest."

To Be Continued

Edited on 01/23/2007 2:04am
    Edited 6 total times.

Isaac6356

[95]Sep 27, 2006
    Wow. I was expecting this to end this chapter. Boy was I wrong. This is just about the best story I've ever read from you guys. I simply enjoyed it. I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Comickook

[96]Sep 27, 2006
    Thanks, Isaac. But, of course, you're going to HAVE TO wait until AT LEAST tomorrow night. (circumstances permitting, of course)

Ladsone

[97]Sep 27, 2006
    • level: 13

Hello my friends.  I think that my dear friend Catfan1 will appreciate this Streaky story that I came up with.  Here's how it goes:

STREAKY: THE SUPERCAT IN:  A Friend In Need

Our story opens on a Saturday morning down in the rocket  where we find Kevin and Krypto.  Krypto is preparing to leave to spend the weekend on the Dog Star's ship (his regular patrol shift).  Kevin is of course sad that his best friend won't be there, but he knows that he has to share Krypto.  Just then, Andrea and Streaky enter the rocket.  Andrea tells Kevin that she and her mom are going out of town for the weekend and asks if Kevin can watch Streaky.  Kevin agrees and Andrea gives Streaky a big hug.  "Now be good Streaky Weeky and maybe I'll bring you something".  K-dog grabs his space helmet and after a good-bye hug, Krypto leaves Streaky and Kevin down in the rocket.  "Well, Kevin, what's for breakfast?" Streaky asks.  "I'm sure we can find something in the kitchen for you Streaky" Kevin says as he and Streaky head back up to the house.

The scene now switches to the Dog Star's ship where we find Krypto and Brainy discussing superhero matters.  They are soon joined by the other members.  Suddenly, there is a low pitched humming noise and everyone is put into a trance.  Brainy then goes to the controls of the ship and heads it to follow the sound.  After a while, the ship pulls up alongside Mechanikat's ship.  The two ships dock and the dog stars walk into Mechanikat's control center.  "At last, I have the dog stars right where I want them" The dog stars are completely helpless and are forced to obey the mechanical menace.  After putting them through some silly commands to test them, he commands Superdog to lead the dog stars to a nearby asteroid where they will mine felinium to power Mechanikat's ship.  Superdog replies with "Yes, Master" and leads his charges to the mines.

--- break ---

The scene is Kevin's bedroom where he's getting ready for bed.  He starts thinking about Krypto and decides to reach him on the comlink.  He and Streaky head down to the rocket and radio K-dog.  "Kevin to Krypto, Kevin to Krypto" However, there's nothing but static coming over.  He tries again, but still no answer.  "I'm worried Streaky, Krypto always answers his comlink" Kevin tells Supercat.  "Maybe they're just out of range right now" Streaky replies, trying to reassure Kevin.  Kevin decies to head over to the compound and see if he can find the dog star's ship on the computer's tracking system.  Streaky changes into Supercat and he and Kevin climb into the rocket sled for the quick ride to the JLA compound.  They arrive and are greeted by Verdant Victory, who is on monitoring duty.  "Hello Supercat, Hello Kevin" VV says as our two friends enter the situation room.  Kevin explains the situation to VV and the three of them head over to the computer.  Kevin enters the commands and the computer that controls the space telescope goes into action.  It quickly locates the two ships and sends the picture back.  "Now I'm really worried guys" Kevin tells the two cats.  Kevin tells his friends that they've got to find a way to get to those ships.  VV offers to help and says that she can get them there.  She uses her powers to form a pressurized bubble around Streaky and Kevin and the three of them take off into space.  They arrive aboard the Dog Star's ship and quickly discover Mechanikat's catbots all over the ship.  "We've got to get over to Mechanikat's ship and find out where the others are.  Streaky, can you keep the catbots busy while VV and I search Mechanikat's ship.  Streaky flies up to a group of catbots and tells them "hey you tin cans, betcha can't catch me!" he then turns and flies off leaving the opening between the two ships unguarded.  Kevin and VV quickly run into Mechanicat's ship and sneak into the command room.  "I see my new miners are filling up my felinium tanks nicely" Mechanikat gloats.  Kevin notices one of the monitors behind Mechanikat and sees Krypto and the Dog Stars digging in the mines.  "We've got to help them" Kevin tells VV.  "Let's go get Supercat and head down to that mine".  Just then, Kevin notices the sound of the hypnotic tone through his communicator and he goes into a trance.  "Kevin?" VV says looking at the blank look on Kevin's face.  VV radios Supercat and tells him to get over here NOW!.  Streaky flies into the command room and notices Kevin just standing there.  "Kevin, you OK?" Streaky asks.  VV explains that Kevin and the dogs are in some kind of hypnotic trance.  Streaky uses his x-ray vision and finds the tone generator.  Just then, Mechanikat finds our friends.  "What are you doing here?" Mechanikat screams.  He calls for more catbots to the control room, but VV generates a force field to block the door.  Streaky then uses his heat vision to destroy the tone generator.  With that done, Kevin snaps out of his trance.  "What happened?" Kevin asks.

Meanwhile down in the mines, the dog stars snap out of their trance.  "Where are we?" Krypto asks.  Just then, K-dog is getting a call on his comlink.  "Kevin to Superdog, Kevin to Superdog, come in" Krypto answers and learns his boy, Supercat and VV are on Mechanikat's ship.  Come on guys, Kevin and the others need our help.  They grab their space helmets and fly up to the ship.  Mechanikat notices the reinforcements coming and decides to make a hasty exit.  The dog stars take care of the catbots and a happy reunion ensues.  Everyone then goes on board the dog stars ship and head for home.

LADSONE

Comickook

[98]Sep 27, 2006
    Hey there, Ladsone. Great story, as usual. As usual, Mechanikat missed a key detail... in this case, cats were immune to his felinium-powered mind control device (and he was up against two of the most powerful cat heroes in this universe). I DEFINITELY loved this Streaky/Verdant Victory spotlight piece.

catfan1

[99]Sep 27, 2006

Ladsone, thanks for giving Streaky and Verdant Victory a chance to save the day. 

The latest story from Isaac was pretty entertaining, too. Good work, guys.

Edited on 09/28/2006 4:43am

Isaac6356

[100]Sep 27, 2006

Pop up that popcorn, cause it's time for another Para-Clone episode! Yay! Two-parter ftw!

The Master of the Sky! Part 1

At the Metropolis city park, Para-Clone and some of her bird friends are relaxing in a bird bath. "Ahh. Now this is the life." She comments. Though the water isn't that deep at all. One of her friends agree, "Yeah." Para-Clone wonders, "I wonder what makes bird baths so relaxing. But it just feels so good." Another of her friends points out toward a building, "Oh oh! Look girls!" They all look. There they see a hawk, wearing a mask and wearing leather on his legs, looking all stylish while looking for something. The girls go heart eyed, "Awwww....He's so dreamy!" Para-Clone doesn't get it. "Who's he?" The girls are surprised, "You mean you never heard of Sky Master G-Hawk?" "Well, duh." Another one fills her in, "G-Hawk is only the most powerful hawk in the entire city." "Yeah. He's so fast, he makes dogs look slow." Para-Clone looks at him, "He doesn't look all that special."

G-Hawk disappears in a flash, much to Para-Clone's surprise. "Woah!" G-Hawk appears in a tree just near them, with a flower bud in his beak. The girls are falling for him. G-Hawk makes his way to the bird bath and takes the bud from his beak with his wing. "Why hello there. You must be Para-Clone. I've heard about you." Para-Clone is swayed by him. The background turns all pink and flowery, like she's falling for him. He gives her the flower bud and she accepts it. "It was nice meeting you." He disappears and the background returns to normal. Para-Clone now feels like in love, "Ohh...I felt like I was struck by an arrow of love." Her friends comment, "You're so lucky Pirin!" "Yeah. He rarely gives flowers to us girls. He must find you attractive." Para-Clone asks, "You think so?" "Yeah! If a guy like that digs you, he must really like you." She puts her wing to her cheek, "Wow..."

In a dark alley, a small rat is scavaging for food. We see G-Hawk's demon eyes in the shadows. Before the rat can think, G-Hawk swiftly snags him out of sight. Almost an instant, they're gone.

Later, we change scene to Kirin's house. Kirin is watching Krypto train with Streaky in the Training Simulator. "Look out K-Dog! I call this my Crazy Cat Fury Attack! Hiiieeeeeeyaaaaahhh!!!" He leaps in at Krypto while swiping the air many times with his claws. But Krypto simply catches him with his paw, and flings him into the wall. "Ow." The simulation ends and they begin to exit. "Nice work you two." Kirin comments. "Thanks again for letting us use your Training Simulator. Maybe now I can get Streaky some real time training." Kirin replies, "It's my pleasure. I always love to try out this baby." Streaky comes out rubbing his head. "Hey, maybe next time you might want to try going a little easy on me." "But I was going easy on you. You probably was just holding back." Streaky grins in embarassment. "Heh heh."

Then, Para-Clone enters the room, still holding the flower bud she got. The others take notice as she twirls around the room all happy like. Kirin is the first to say something, "Well. Looks like somebody's in a good mood. Anything happen today?" She replies in a happy way, "Ohh yeaahhhhh...I just met the dreamiest guy a gal can ask for. He's so cool, and fast....and charming." Streaky don't get it, "What is it with girl birds and guy birds?" Kirin pinches her cheek, "You lucky gal you. Who's the lucky bird?" "I've only just met, but his name..is G-Hawk." "G-Hawk?" Krypto asks curiously. "Yeah. He's this hawk who came to the bird bath, all cool and handsome..." He explains, "Pirin, G-Hawk is someone you really shouldn't be around." She asks, "Why not?" "I've heard that guy is bad news. At least to other animals. I know for a fact he won't hunt a bird unless one challenges him, but otherwise he'll go after anything he can get his claws on." Para-Clone doesn't believe it, "No." Streaky kinda goes along with Krypto, "Well why not? He's a hawk. Hawks will eat anything they can get." Krypto adds to it, "Yep. And his motto is that "If it's small enough to grab, it's up for grabs!" He's not normal to go after just anyone, even for a normal hawk." She still doesn't accept it, "Well even if it's true, it's not like it's anyone I know. He wouldn't dare attack anyone if I was with them." "You're not listening." "Whatever. I'm going to sort my nest. I got to make room for my new flower." She begins to leave the room. "She'll be fine." Kirin says. Streaky calls out, "You're still up for babysitting duty at the park tomorrow right!?" She answers, "Yeah!"

On top a radio tower, G-Hawk is there perched on top. A close-up of his talons reveal one of them is colored black. A really large bird, looks like a condor, flies and perches next to him. "Have you met with any of the other Wings of the Sky today?" G-Hawk shakes his head, "Not today I'm afraid. However a messenger did tell me they would be coming here soon for an evaluation." "Excellent. Once they arrive, you will bring them to the roundevu point, where we shall strike." "Yes, master.."

Commercial Break...

The next day, we're back at the park. Para-Clone is perched up on a tree, chatting with her friends, while at the same time keeping an eye on the kittens of the Supercat Fan Club. "It was nice of you girls to come help babysit with me today." They reply, "It's no problem." "I've always wanted to take care of a liter of kittens." "How do you do it? I could never take care of one." Para-Clone smiles, "You just got to know the right method, and the right people." One of them asks, "Hey, when I have chicklings of my own, would you babysit on occasion?" "Hmm..depends. Would you babysit mine on occasion?" They laugh.

Squeaky and his friends play around, wrestling and that kind of stuff. They also run around too. While up in the sky, G-Hawk spots them. "Perfect."

One of Para-Clone's friends spots G-Hawk. "Hey, isn't that G-Hawk?" They look up and see them. They get excited, "Hey it is!" Para-Clone replies, "Let's call him and see if he comes." They begin waving and calling for him. But in a flash, he swoops down and grabs Squeaky! They girls are in shock, especially Para-Clone. Squeaky cries, "Hellllllpppppp!!!" As G-Hawk takes him away. Para-Clone reacts, "Hang on Squeaky! I'll save you!" "Pirin wait!" Before they could stop her she takes off into the sky. "Oh this is bad. If she interferes with his hunt, then I'm afraid she's a goner." They nod in agreement.

Para-Clone flies faster to try and catch up. As she does, she calls out to him. "Let him go! He's not on your menu today!" G-Hawk hears her, "Para-Clone?" He then goes and drops Squeaky. "Ahhhhh!!!!" "Squeaky!" She swoops down and grabs her with one wing. She flaps harder with the other. G-Hawk is impressed. "Interesting." The other girls show up with the other kittens as she lands to the ground with him. "Take the kittens and find Superdog or Supercat. Tell them they need to get home safely." They nod and they take off. Para-Clone flies back up into the sky and lands on a building that G-Hawk is on. He asks her, "Para-Clone, what was up with that? That was my lunch you just made me drop. Is something wrong?" She goes up to him, "Darn right there is! You can't just on and grab a poor helpless kitten when someone was watching them! That's just plain mean!" "But I'm a hawk. What am I supposed to eat, worms?" Para-Clone tries to rephrase, "Well no...But you can't take someone who belongs to somebody. And they were under my care, under my watch, under my responsibility!" "You were watching that liter? I must of not of seen you." She is offended, "Why, I can't believe this! Superdog was right, you are a creep. I can't believe I actually liked you. This relationship is over!"

She begins to walk away. "That's too bad." She stops walking. "I was hoping for a longer companionship, but it looks like that isn't the case." "Hmph. Got that right." She heads for the edge of the building. "But..." He disappears and reappears in front of her, surprising her. "You just interfered with my hunt. Nobody does that and lives to tell about it. Not even you, Para-Clone." She gets angry, "What's that supposed to mean?" "It means, that I need something to replace that meal. And that would be you." She is shocked. "You see, when you stopped the hunt, I considered it a challenge. And I will take any challenge, even from a bird. I generally don't hunt birds, unless they come at me. And you made the big mistake in challenging me. So now, it's time for you to say your prayers." She snarls, "I don't think so!"

She takes off into the air again. G-Hawk can only grin as he flashes right in front of her. She stops in shock. She goes another direction but he only appears in front of her again. She tries again and again, but no luck. "Ho..how are you doing that!?" "It's called Flash Wing. It's a technique that allows me to travel at fast speeds in an instant. For short distances, I can appear right in front of you, in just a flash. Or even go right through you, like a speeding bullet. For example..." He disappears and in one flash, appears behind her, like if passed her. She is shakened up in fright as some of her feathers fall off. Then, a bit of her skirt is torn and has a scratch. There is some blood on her and she didn't even noticed it. "It's like you never see it, until it's too late." She shakes some more and spins around, "Feather Dart!" She throws some feathers at him, but he just knocks them away with his wing. "Grrrr....Multiplication!" Para-Clone clones more of herself until G-Hawk is surrounded. He isn't intimidated. All the clones begin to fly around in a circle formation, and they keep getting faster. "Feather Dart Swirl!" In a circular line, the clones fire Feather Darts at G-Hawk. But they all miss and hit the other clones, until all that remains is Para-Clone. "No way!"

G-Hawk prepares an attack, "My turn." He disappears and reappears in another spot. Before she can catch it, he disappears again and reappears in another spot. This keeps going and going at fast speeds until he ends up behind her. Her eyes in shock, and G-Hawk smiling. We hear many sounds of ripping flesh and cuts, as Para-Clone is ripped to shreds from the aftershock of the attack. "Death Wave, Demon Hawk." He says, as Para-Clone is all bloody and hurt. She falls unconscious and begins to fall to the ground, head first. She's falling from such a high height.

To Be Continued...

EDIT: Nice story Ladsone. To think I almost missed it after writing this.

Edited on 09/27/2006 8:26pm