Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode Ideas 3

Isaac6356

[121]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 15

Nicely done you guys.

Sorry I didn't get my story up the other day. I was halfway done, but I'm still having second thoughts on whether or not to end it this way or not. But it should be done soon.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Comickook

[122]Oct 8, 2006
    • level: 9
    Hey, I understand. Isaac. Just do the best job you CAN do. That's all we can ask. And thanks for your compliments, as usual. :-D

Isaac6356

[123]Oct 12, 2006

Conclusion time. Here's part 2!

The Power Snatcher, Cerebrus! Part 2

On Deathcon's ship, Moonspike, and Rin, return and enter Deathcon's control room. "I'm back Deathcon. I have much to tell." Deathcon and Dr. Metallo takes notice, "Oh, you're back. You're just in time. I am about to show you all a special surprise." He presses a key and the monitor's bring up the upcoming fight with Kirin and Cerebrus from Cerebrus's space pod. Moonspike is rather surprised, "Oh? What's Cerebrus doing on Earth?" Dr. Metallo explains, "That slacker thought it was smart to go ahead, without permission, to go to Earth and confront the Kirianian, all by himself." "Really? I must of missed something." Deathcon speaks, "No matter. He's there now, so we might as well see how he's improved. Rather, how they've both improved. Let's watch, shall we?" They stare into the monitor.

Back at the forest, they stare for a little bit longer. Then, Kirin looks at Para-Clone and gives her the okay to retreive Streaky. So as she does that, the two have a conversation. "So, Kirin. You decided to come face me after all." "What are you doing here Cerebrus?" Kirin asks. "You aren't due for another nine months." Cerebrus complains, "I don't need to follow no stinkin agreement. Besides it's only for Deathcon. The rest of us can come in anytime if we want. But Deathcon only wants us to stay on the ship, but I think a year is too long." "So you thought you'd wanna get your butt kicked now instead of later?" "Yes!" Cerebrus realizes the mistake, "I mean no! You're the one who's gonna get it! And once I beat you, I'll drag your sorry hide back to the ship, where Deathcon can have a peace of you." Kirin smirks, "You're the one who's gonna get it. You couldn't beat me before and you won't now." "That's where you're wrong! I've improved a lot since the last time! Look, I have more than five extra limbs now. Meaning I can take many more powers now. And I've been fighting that cat for several hours, with the same powers. Sure they're gonna expire soon, but it just goes to show, I'm more the man I was before!" His body glows with electricity, "So I'm going to enjoy taking you down." Kirin isn't phased.

Para-Clone drags the unconsious, yet funny looking way, Streaky to the side. She then turns back to the fight, "Careful Kirin."

Cerebrus makes the first move by charging in at Kirin with electricity on him. "Not even you can stand the jolt from my Lightning Storm Drill!" He comes in fast, but Kirin anticipates the move and quickly spins away, giving him a hard kick to the back, sending Cerebrus grinding across the ground. "Grr..." Kirin cracks his knuckles, "You know, you maybe able to take on someone like Supercat, but I'm totally different. I'm more than a match to you." Cerebrus scowls and gets back to him, filled with more electricity. He throws many punchs at fast speeds, but Kirin can predict them and dodge them. He does get cornered to a tree, but leaps above Cerebrus as he punches down a tree. "Hold still you!" He keeps going, "Why? And ruin all your effort? Well if you insist." Kirin grabs him, "Huh!?" And then he slams Cerebrus into the ground. "In case you're wondering why I haven't been fried to a crisp by your electricity, it's because the kind you have has to connect the opponent in an attack to really take hold."

Cerebrus is on his knees, and all but one of his extra limbs disappear. "Looks like times up on your extra power. All you have is that electrical ability, and it's hardly a use to your if you can't hit me." Cerebrus stands up. "Yeah? So what? From the looks of things, you have a lot nicer abilities than that pitiful excuse of a fighter. You're also fast, so I can really use it to my advantage." Kirin grins, "But if that's all you'll get, then you'll never get any of my other powers. Too bad." Kirin goes on the assault now, and starts to beat the crud out of Cerebrus. After many punches and kicks, Cerebrus is once again on his knees, in pain. He admits though, "I gotta admit, you've gotten a lot stronger. Stronger than that cat." Kirin replies, "You shouldn't underestimate him. He can be as strong as me if he wanted to." Cerebrus sprouts some arms, which represent Kirin's. "It seemed easier to get more power as he punched so weak. But getting your powers is worth it. Now I have your technique, your speed, and...more endurance." "Yes, but..." Cerebrus's one limb, the one with Streaky's power, disappears. "Huh?" "I called your bluff. You power copies don't last hours. I'm betting Streaky was just using the same moves over and over again on you. That just kept your copies alive longer. But wow, 10 minutes? That's longer than the 5 that you used to have." Cerebrus is intimedated. "I have other tricks you know."

Cerebrus dashes to Kirin, and they begin to punch at each other. Para-Clone from the sidelines, is impressed. "Woah. This is a truely awsome fight!" Streaky begins to wake up. "Ugh. What happened?" "You got your butt handed to and lost." "Really? Dang."

Cerebrus grabs onto Kirin's arm with one of his extra arms, "Gotcha. Power Absorption!" As he begins to suck power from Kirin, Kirin is in a pause. He breaks free, and then counters with Wind Blast. But Cerebrus catches on and puts up a wall of earth from the ground. "Huh?" Cerebrus brings down his wall, "Confused? It happened right after I grabbed you. If you haven't guessed yet, then I'll tell you. I can absorb powers by holding onto people now. And I got a good lot of power from you." More limbs appear on his body. Tons of them to match Kirin's every power. "You see here? Every one of these limbs has a bit of your powers. Now I can control the elements, so there's no way you can stop me!" Kirin grins, "Is that so?" Cerebrus is confused. "You're not impressed?" "Of course not. Cause now I can go all out on you without anything holding me back. In fact, it's about time I step things up a notch."

Commercial Break...

The fight continues. Cerebrus laughs. "Well even if you have nothing holding you back..." He shows off his limbs, "I have these babies. I have many arms that not only give me power, but an edge in hand to hand combat. Plus I have them all over my body, almost like a large shield! Try and attack me, and I promise to pummel you so hard, it can only be pain!" He then notices Kirin sitting down and pulling something from underneath his pant sleeves. "Huh? What are those?" Kirin stands up holding two plates of weights. "These are special Training Weights. I wore these on my ankles for just about a month. When removed, I get a stronger feel to my kicks. And, if long enough, my speed too." Cerebrus isn't impressed, "Oh please. Those things must be 50 pounds each!" Kirin smiles, and drops the weights. The impact to the ground is so loud and hard that it causes the ground to shake a bit. Cerebrus is shocked. "Try, 500."

Para-Clone and Streaky are both shocked. "500 pounds each!?" Streaky exclaims. Para-Clone agrees, "And he's had those longer than I had them."

Kirin gets into battle stance. "I said I wasn't gonna hold back on you, after copying all my powers like that. Therefore I'm gonna show you my latest little technique that I call...Flash Step." Cerebrus gets annoyed and throws fire from his arms. However, Kirin disappears in a flash just as the fire is about to hit him. "Where'd he go?" Kirin appears behind him but disappears before he can react. He keeps disappearing and reappearing in many places to confuse Cerebrus. He is getting dizzy from this, "Ahh...ahh..." Kirin appears underneath him and kicks him upward. He then Flash Steps above him and drop kicks him back into the ground.

Streaky is impressed, "Wow. He's fast. I can barely keep up with him." "I can see him fine." He asks, "How's that?" "Well Flash Step is movement so fast that it's a blur to anyone who hasn't developed the ability to see this. Me and Krypto can see these kind of speeds cause we can achieve them. Though I can't say that you can't fully develop them." "Hmph."

While they talked, Kirin was continuously attacking Cerebrus with attack after attack. After a bit he stops and gives Cerebrus a breather. "Oh yeah!?" He tries to make another arm, but can't. "What's this?" Kirin remarks, "Looks like you've run out of room to sprout an arm. That, and that's as far as you go in copying." Cerebrus scowls, as Kirin gets in stance again. But then, he feels a strain in his leg. Cerebrus takes notice, "What's wrong? Your new technique wearing you down?" Kirin thinks in his head, "He's right. Using the technique takes energy, and using it upon removing the weights is a bad idea unless you want to get a strain."

Streaky is confused, "Huh? What's wrong with him?" Para-Clone explains. "He took the weights off, so he can Flash Step. But doing it so quickly can put a strain on you much quicker than normally. Using the technique requires tremendous energy, as you need it to keep your legs from pulling a muscle. Going fast like that isn't good for him unless he's used to it. And this is the first time he's used it." "He's going to be okay right?" "Well duh. He ain't like you, he can handle himself." Streaky feels insulted, "Yeah. Right."

Kirin goes in for another kick. He lands one on Cerebrus, but feels a little pain to his leg. Still, it sends Cerebrus grinding across the ground. Kirin squints a bit, over the pain. Cerebrus grins, "Heh. It was a mistake to try and beat me with speed alone." He puts his hand on the ground. "I've figured out how to beat you know. If your speed puts strain on you, then try getting away from this!" He sends a pulse into the ground. The ground shakes violently, freaking out Para-Clone and Streaky. A crack heads for Kirin. He instinctly leaps out of the way as a pillar of earth rises from the ground. One appears from behind and he lands on it, straining some more. He leaps again as another pillar tries to smash him in. Cerebrus yells as more appear and trying to destroy Kirin. This goes on for a while until..Kirin is tired out, and kneeing from the pain. Cerebrus laughs. "Mwahahahaha! The tables have turned." He turns one of his hands into a sharp earth blade. He begins to walk over to Kirin. "Time to end this." He begins to walk over to Kirin. Kirin tries to move, but he's in too much strain as it is. "Now hold still." He raises his arm to slice but...All his arms disappear, except for his regular ones. "No! Not now!" Kirin grins, "Just what I was waiting for." Kirin was hiding a ball of Light in his hands. Before Cerebrus can do anything..."Light Cannon!" Kirin blasts him skyward with the blast. Cerebrus takes a devestating hit. He is defeated at last. "No way!" He lands right on top of his space pod, destroying it in the process. He is out cold.

At Deathcon's ship, they see a blank screen. Deathcon walks away, "Oh well. Easy come easy go. I was going to fire him anyway." The others join him.

Kirin kneels again as Streaky and Para-Clone go to him. "You did it Kirin!" She says delightfully. "Yeah! You kicked his butt good!" Kirin manages to stand. Para-Clone asks, "You going to be okay?" "Yeah. I should be better now." He looks at Cerebrus, "Though I can't say the same for him." They go to his unconsious body. "I should call the Justice League. I'll make sure they keep him especially under lockdown." He puts him on his shoulder. "Streaky." "Yeah?" "Shouldn't you be getting home by now? Isn't Andrea waiting for you." Just hearing that makes him whiten with fright. "Doh."

Scene transition has him in the bath tub now being washed by Andrea. "I told you you would have to take a bath when you got home. Look what happened to you, you're all dirty and bruised. This should teach you not to go off fighting crime after dinner hours." Streaky sulks, as she nags and nags.

The End!

Comickook

[124]Oct 13, 2006
    Hey, Isaac. :-D Terrific job on the wrap-up to your latest story installment. Great action and drama. :-D

Ladsone

[125]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 13
    Hello my friends.  I've finally come up with an episode idea to introduce my character Janus (Two Face's pet Rottweiler).  Here's how it goes.

KRYPTO: THE SUPERDOG IN:  No Snow Job

Our story opens as we find the Whitney family loading up the family wagon for a weekend ski trip to Panther Mountain ski lodge.  One of Eddie's college classmates, named Steve, just recently bought the ski lodge and has invited Eddie and his family up for a weekend of skiing.  Krypto will be staying at the JLA compound while the family is gone (Kevin told his mom that Andrea would take care of him).  Our two friends are at the gate saying their good-byes with Andrea and Streaky waiting.  "Have a great time, Kevin" K-dog tells his boy. "I wish I could go with you" he continues.  "I do too, Krypto" Kevin says, "but dad checked and they don't allow pets".  Kevin and the family pile into the car and head out.  After they leave, Krypto and Streaky change into Superdog and Supercat and fly to the compound.

The scene changes to the ski lodge where Steve is waiting at the front desk to greet them.  He shows the family to their room and tells them that he will meet them for dinner at 7:00.  Kevin and his dad take their ski equipment and head down for a quick run while Mary and Melanie get settled in the room.  On the ski lift up to the top, Kevin and his dad make a friendly wager as to who will get to the base first, with the loser buying the hot chocolate.  Kevin wins the race and tells his dad that he ought to take up snowboarding.  His dad laughs as they head to the coffee shop for their hot chocolate.  The scene switches to Steve's office where we find Steve meeting with some very large gentlemen.  "Our boss is here to see you" one of the gentlemen says.  He goes to open the door and in walks Two Face and his pet Rottweiler, Janus.  "I understand you were a little short on your payment this month, Steve" Two Face says.  Steve explains that he had to replace some of the ski lift equipment in order to to meet safety standards.  "That is understandable, but unfortunate" Two face replies back.  "Since you gave me a valid reason, I'll let my lucky coin decide whether or not my associates here should take care of this situation.  Heads, you win, tails, you lose"  Two Face flips his coin and it comes up heads.  "Make sure your next payment includes what you owe me this month, plus a little extra" Two Face says as he and his associates leave the office.  They head out a back door to a waiting sedan.  Kevin is walking down the hall with his snowboard when he happens to look out a window and sees the villians getting into the car.  "That's Two Face" Kevin thinks to himself.  "I'd better let Krytpo know about this".  Kevin steps outside and behind the building to raise K-dog on the comlink, but the signal is so weak he can't get through.  Kevin decides to use his emergency signal watch and presses the button.  Back at the compound, K-dog and Ace are discussing matters when Superdog picks up the signal from Kevin's watch.  "Uh-oh, Kevin's in trouble" He goes to the comlink to raise Kevin, but the signal doesn't get through.  K-dog and Ace then head up towards the lodge.  They arrive and meet with Kevin.  Kevin tells them he saw Two Face here at the lodge about 20 minutes ago and he had a large dog with him.  "That can't be good" K-dog says.  "Yes" Ace adds.  "I've heard Two Face has a Rottweiler named Janus" Ace goes on to say.  "Let's stay up here for a little whie and see what happens" Ace tells K-dog.

--- TO BE CONTINUED ---

LADSONE

Comickook

[126]Oct 15, 2006
    Hey, Ladone. Thanks again for sharing your work. This DOES look like it's off to a pretty good start and I eagerly await the rest as soon as time, inspiration and circumstances will allow.

Isaac6356

[127]Oct 16, 2006

Very nice Ladsone. I'll try and get something tomorrow.

Ladsone

[128]Oct 17, 2006
    Greetings my friends.  Well as promised, here is part two of my lastest episode introducing Janus:

KRYPTO: THE SUPERDOG IN:  NO SNOW JOB (Part 2)

The scene is the dining room of the ski lodge where we find the Whitney family and Steve enjoying a wonderful dinner.  "Everything taste so good Steve" Mary comments.  "Thanks Mary, I'll be sure to pass that on to our chef".  Eddie asks Steve what made him by the lodge in the first place.  Steve tells the story (in flashback mode) where as a youngster, he used to ski up here when his dad worked for the mining company that owned Panther Mountain.  The lodge was actually one of the workers' cabins.  After the gold mine was tapped out, the company closed everything down and it remained vacant for a number of years.  Steve finally had the opportunity to purchase the lodge with the help of several backers (unknown to Steve at the time, one of them being Two-Face).  Steve goes on to mention the rumor about there being another untapped vein of gold somewhere on the mountain, but he tells everyone that "it's been checked at least twice and no sign of gold".  After dinner, Kevin tells his parents that he wasn't tired and was going to walk around the area.  Eddie tells Kevin to be careful and not to wander off.  After Kevin goes outside, he meets up with Krypto and Ace (and brings them each a hamburger) and fills them in on what he learned.  "Is it possible that there's more gold in this mountain?" Kevin asks his two canine friends.  "Maybe" Ace exclaims, "but I'll need to check some information on the bat computer".  Ace then leaves our two friends to head back to the compound to check it out.  Krypto tells Kevin to go upstairs to his room that he will scan the area to see if Two-Face is nearby.  With that, Krypto takes to the air and uses his telescopic vision to look around.  He also uses his x-ray vision to scan the mountain for any hidden gold deposits.

Meanwhile, in a nearby hunting cabin, we find Two Face, Janus and his mignons eating dinner themselves.  "Boss, you sure there's gold still left in this mountain?" one of the henchmen asks.  "I wouldn't have sunk this much money in this worthless piece of rock if there wasn't" Two-Face answers back.  "After dinner, you three and Janus check the area for any caves" Two-Face orders.  One of the other henchmen asks what Two Face will do in the meantime.  He replies "I'm going to pay our friend another visit".

TO BE CONTINUED

LADSONE

Comickook

[129]Oct 17, 2006
    Whoa. Great continuation of this story. Gold? Uh-oh. That might mean Gold KRYPTONITE. K-Dog had definitely better watch his step or he might not be a SUPER dog much longer. :-D Anyway, please continue as soon as time and inspiration will allow.

Isaac6356

[130]Oct 17, 2006

Oh no! Not Gold Kryptonite! Anything but that!

Still...good chapter. Please keep going.

Ladsone

[131]Oct 18, 2006
    Sorry to leave you guys hanging - I had some business to take care of.  Here's where I left off:

KRYPTO: THE SUPERDOG IN:  No Snow Job (part 3)

We open the scene with Two-Face's henchmen and Janus searching the area for any caves.  Janus is up ahead and barks a signal for the henchmen to follow him.  The four of them come to an opening hidden by some tall grass and moss.  They go inside and turn on their flashlights.  "Guys, look over there!" one of the henchmen tells his co-horts.  Over in a nearby corner are shovels and pick-axes.  Janus goes sniffing around and comes across a case of dynamite.  "Hey, this could come in handy" another one of the henchmen says.  He goes to pick up the dynamite and notices a small opening.  He tells Janus to go inside and check it out.  Janus goes in and disappears.  The henchmen start getting nervous when Janus doesn't come out of the opening, but it's too small for them to go through.  "If the boss finds out we lost his dog, he won't be happy" the lead henchman says.  One of the other henmen grabs one of the pick-axes and starts making the opening big enough for them to go inside.

Meanwhile, back at the JLA compound, Ace is looking over some geological maps of Panther Mountain and makes an interesting find.  "Krypto will need to know about this" Ace says.  He goes to the comlink and raises K-dog.  "What's up Ace?" K-dog asks.  Ace goes on to explain that he ran some of the geological maps through the bat computer and the computer has determined that there's no gold in the mountain, but uranium.  "There's enough uranium in that mountain to run Metropolis for at least fifty years"  K-dog asks if the lodge is in any danger from the radiation.  Ace replies that "the lodge is at the base of the mountain and the uranium is about halfway up.  As long as someone doesn't try to blow the top of the mountain off, they should be fine".  Ace just realizes what he said and tells K-dog that he and the other members of the JLA are on their way to try and find two-face.  Meanwhile, back at the lodge, Kevin is looking out his window wondering where Superdog is.  Eddie notices Kevin staring out the window and asks if he's alright.  "I'm fine dad, I was er just looking at the stars tonight".  Eddie tells Kevin to come on back to bed and goes back to sleep.

--- break ---

Back in the cave, the henchmen are swinging their pick-axes but aren't making much progress.  The henchman (with few brains) grabs a stick of dynamite and lights the fuse.  "This will get that hole open" he says.  "Are you crazy?" the lead henchman says. "Let's get out of here" he says as they run out of the cave.  The dynamite explodes, but it does something no one expected.  The explosion is up high enough to trigger an avalanche that comes heading down the mountain fast.  "Now you've done it" the lead henchman says and the three of them start running for their lives.  "What about the dog?" the other henchman asks.  "Forget about him, let's save our own necks, even though the boss may do us in".  Up in the sky, K-dog hears the explosion and uses his telescopic vision to see the avalanche heading right for the lodge.  He quickly gets on the comlink to the other JLA members and tells them to get there fast "It's a PRIORITY ONE ALERT" K-dog tells them.  He quickly swoops down to an area just behind the lodge and, using his heat vision to melt the snow, digs at super speed.  He is able to dig a trench long enough and deep enough to stop the snow just before it hits the lodge.  Meanwhile, Ace and the others have located Two-Face and his henchmen and brought them to the lodge.  Two face sees his henchmen, but not Janus.  "Where's Janus?" Two-face demands to know.  The lead henchman tells Two-face that the dog was in a small cave when the explosion happened.  K-dog hears this and flies up the mountain.  He finds the cave and runs inside.  He finds Janus alive and well, chewing on some old bones.  "Superdog, what are you doing here?" Janus asks.  K-dog notices a large bump on Janus' head and deduces a rock must have fallen from the ceiling and hit Janus on the head, thus giving him the "police dog" character instead of the "two face" character.  K-dog carries Janus out of the cave and is taken to animal control while Wonderdog and VV take Two-face and associates to jail.

The next morning after things have quieted down, Steve wants to show his appreciation to the JLA members by having them stay for breakfast.  He then announces that pets will now be welcomed at the lodge.  Off in the background, we see Kevin and his family applauding along with everyone else and gives K-dog a wink of the eye.

LADSONE

Isaac6356

[132]Oct 18, 2006
    Good. It's not Gold Kryptonite. You had me going there for a second. Very nicely done.

Comickook

[133]Oct 19, 2006
    Yeah. Ditto for me, Ladsone. I also congratulate you on this place. Job well done. :-D

catfan1

[134]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 17
    I'm catching up on my reading this morning so let me agree that this was a most enjoyable story.

Comickook

[135]Oct 25, 2006

Here's part one of the Halloween adventure Catfan1 and I are working together on this year. It's a semi-sequel to "the Affair of the Malovolent Sparrow" as events at the end of THAT story lead into THIS tale. In addition to Catfan1, thanks are also in order for 3Starving Artist, who helped us come up with some of the characters (and IS helping us come up with some more); and KnightMysterio, who came up with the Justice League of Animals....

Anyway... without further ado....

Trick, treat and turmoil-Part One

On a dark, foggy London street, three unusual figures make their way. It's nearly midnight and there is an unusually strong trail of mystical forces concentrated in an abandoned building. As the Drac Pack cats make their way toward the building, Lon notes that the mystical energy is too strong to be the work of Professor Morley, the mystic-skilled evil avian the three recently helped defeat (as slippery as he is, he's really only a medium-level mystic). " The forces of the supernatural, " Chaney adds, "are, according to my extensive paranormal research, always particularly strong as Halloween nears and tomorrow night is Oct. 31.

The building seems dark from the outside but its clear to the cats that something unusual is going on inside. Then a transparent ghost dog, a Doberman with very pointy ears, appears, obviously seeing the trio. "Funny. You three definitely have the tell-tale scent of our kind, but I don't remember seeing you guys at any of the union meetings." After pausing for a little bit (something that gives Lon a somewhat uneasy feeling at first), The ghost dog shrugs, however, saying, "Oh well. you three MIGHT just be new" as he opens a formerly invisible door and invites them in. The trio sighs somewhat in relief, but are still on the alert as they enter (well, Lon and Chaney are... Junior is quietly making goo-goo eyes from a distance at an attractive female feline vampire).

Even inside, fog obscures the scene and a tall, pale caped figure, is reciting incantations as an assortment of ghouls, monsters, ghosts and their pets nod in approval. Suddenly, he stops. "I detect an irregular presence," the caped figure comments.

"Uh oh." all three monster-powered hero cats silently think.

Flying at hypersonic speed, Krypto and Streaky are making their way to London.

Streaky, smiling and in a sarcastic tone of voice, says, " Y' know, K-Dog, it's such a shame that I'll have to miss all the fun and excitement of Andrea's Halloween party this year."

Krypto smiles and nods. "Yeah, I remember how much you enjoy the holiday."

"Yep, so here we are in London, thousands of miles away from all that trick or treat torture," Streaky responds as the two land right in front of Ace. Ace said they were to meet the Drac Pack Cats in this area while he was briefly in Gotham with the London detectives Tobias and Stratford just the previous night.

(flashing back to bits and pieces of the previous night)

It seems that Catwoman and Isis had stolen the crown jewels of London at about the same time that Ace was using his JLAnimals' communicator to call the two super-pets in on another matter anyway. So, by the time Isis made it back to Gotham City, Krypto and Streaky were already waiting for her and, between the combined efforts of all five animal heroes, Isis proved to be an almost embarrassingly easy collar (the easiest time Krypto, Streaky and Ace EVER had capturing Isis [in fact, Ace said that the only reason Isis even made it to Gotham was because Stratford let Isis sweet talk him into letting her escape before the feline detective even found out who she was]) and the stolen crown jewels were quickly recovered.

However, as Tobias and Stratford were preparing the recovered crown jewels for transport back to London, Ace simply told the super-dog and super-cat that they would be needed in London by the next day. "In fact, I'm telling you this in advance so that you can make all the arrangements needed to make sure Metropolis and Gotham are being carefully looked after in our combined absences." the Bat Hound replied.

Thus, after explaining matters to Kevin and Andrea and making arrangements with the Dog Star Patrol and Stretch-O-Mutt (split up into two teams of four) to make sure Gotham and Metropolis are carefully looked after, the two heroes started on their way to London.

(end flashback)

"Okay, so where ARE Lon and his pals? Ace said it was EXTREMELY important and it's not like Lon, Chaney and Junior to keep us waiting at an appointment." Streaky wonders out loud as he looks around, with Ace nodding in agreement.

Krypto begins sniffing the air. "Between my nose, our other super senses and Ace's detective skills, we've got a pretty good chance of finding them. Come on." So Krypto and Streaky take to the air again while Ace takes to his doggie-jet.

"Looks like we lost them in the confusion," Lon notes, as the three find an exit. but outside their way is blocked by three creatures, dimly seen in the darkness: an oversized wolf-rat, a Frankenstein-type monkey and a vampire wolf.

"We can take them. There's only three," Lon whispers. Just then the monkey begins growling, then starts growing until it is the size of a six-story building and begins beating its chest.

"Definitely not good," Chaney comments grimly.

"Okay, each of us just pick an opponent and hope for the best." Lon said hopefully.

"Streaky, you hear something? Snarling and..." The ground begins to shake before Krypto can finish the sentence.

"Hey, K-Dog, I didn't know they had quakes here," Streaky responds, also noticing the sound and shaking.

"We better look into it. Let's go" Krypto says as he and Streaky fly closer to investigate, with Ace not far behind on his doggie-jet.

"Errr, Krypt, I don't suppose you or Ace would happen to have an extra-EXTRA-large banana on you?" Streaky says nervously, seeing the size of the presently super-sized tall Frankenstein Monster-like monkey. However, the monstrous monkey ALSO sees Superdog and Supercat and is starting to swat at the super-pets (Bat Hound is sticking to the shadows and analyzing the situation carefully before he goes charging in).

Fortunately, Krypto and Streaky are both able to dodge the monkey's massive paws pretty easily between their flying ability and super-speed. In fact, Streaky is fast and maneuverable enough on his own where, on full alert, he can dodge the giant primate's paws long enough to come up with a plan, leaving Krypto and Ace free to deal with at least one of the other monsters. The Wolf-rat, however, hears and smells Krypto coming and uses his werewolf agility and reflexes to launch an offensive. Though Krypto is clearly the much stronger of the two and JUST fast enough to dodge the mystical claws and teeth, the wolf-rat has the speed and agility to, mixed with his mystical claws and teeth, keep K-Dog on the defensive and, worse yet, the wolf-rat appears to be invulnerable to Krypto's heat vision.... "Which makes sense because werewolves ARE only vulnerable to silver and magic," Krypto bitterly reminds himself as he narrowly avoids the Wolf-rat's attacks, only for the Wolf-rat to get nailed from behind with some silver-vapor-laced tear gas.

"Well, it's a good thing I remembered to lace my tear gas with silver vapor." Ace comments.

In addition, the World's Finest Canines are also leaving the Drac Pack Cats enough of an opening to triple-team the last of the three monsters.... but the vampire wolf proves to be strong, fast and agile enough to even be a match for all three of the Drac Pack Cats working together.

"As much as I hate wasting perfectly good trash." Streaky says as he spots an open dumpster and sets some of the trash on fire with his heat vision before lifting up the dumpster and flying it straight up to the monkey's face..... which causes the monkey a major panic attack. The monkey begins to stumble aimlessy (well, that's not ENTIRELY true; Streaky is keeping tabs on his friends' battles and is maneuvering the flaming dumpster positioned so that the monkey's stumbles are aimed at the Wolf-rat and vampire wolf), only narrowly avoiding crushing his companions until he slowly shrinks back to his normal size. At this point, Streaky simply swats the monkey with all his might using his free forepaw while still holding up the flaming dumpster with the other forepaw.

Meanwhile, Krypto takes advantage of the Wolf-rat's briefly distracted state to blow the werewolf-powered rodent back a respectable distance with his super-breath. Following this, the Dog of Steel then uses super-speed to trap the Wolf-rat in some steel-and-silver alloy cable (provided by Ace). After that, the super-dog sticks the Wolf-rat a trash can and continuously spins that can around to take the last of the fight out of the werewolf-powered rodent.

As Streaky uses his own super-breath to blow out the dumpster fire he started, the super-feline admits that he's glad he remembered that Frankenstein Monster types tend to hate fire. Following that, Krypto and Streaky fly to the aid of the Drac Pack Cats. While Lon keeps Chaney and Junior a safe distance away from the fire that the Pets of Steel are starting with their heat vision, the vampire wolf is being driven off BY the flames. As he turns into a bat and starts to fly away, however, the vampire wolf comments that none of the heroes have seen the last of him.

Krypto and Streaky can definitely fly fast enough to easily keep up, but the vampire wolf turns into mist before either of the two super-pets can grab him and then escapes into the sewers, correctly assuming that 1. all the lead-lined pipes down there would render Krypto and Streaky's X-ray vision useless..... 2. the sewers would have enough of a maze of tunnels to keep the heroes searching for hours, even WITH Krypto and Streaky's super-speed and .... 3. the sewers would be a foul enough odor where they would the one place in London where Krypto and Streaky's super-senses of smell would actually most work AGAINST them.

The battle over, Krypto, Streaky and Ace are surprised to see that the old building, where the strange meeting was taking place, has vanished.

"Of course," notes Chaney, "They're holding off until they're more powerful, but by tomorrow night, we might not be so lucky." Chaney explains his conclusions to his fellow heroes. Based on his extensive paranormal studies, he has found that this year on Halloween the conditions will be most favorable for the world's monsters to generate enough mystical energy to gain full corporeal form and retain their full powers all times of the day and year. This is very worrisome since Dracula has long made plans to take over the world from mortals. A series of recent minor thefts, when added up, show a list of ingredients needed for the vampire to overcome his current weaknesses.

"So it's up to us to stop those monsters," Krypto says before adding, "From what we saw last night, it won't be easy.... ESPECIALLY with the JLAnimals' more mystically inclined members all already unavoidably occupied with missions of their own."

"Oh well. I STILL prefer fighting REAL monsters to Andrea's Halloween party. At least real monsters give me something I can fight back against and take my frustrations out on guilt-free." Streaky comments half-smart-aleckly, half-seriously. Four more figures enter a nearby deserted building where the heroes are conferring.

"Sorry Toby, Peeper, Squeaker and I are a touch late, but we were following up on some potential leads to a big case on the other side of the city. Given that we lack both super-speed AND jet-propelled high-tech transportation, well, I think we're all intelligent enough to get the idea. If you'll allow me to help repay the debt I owe you, mates, I have a feeling there might be just a little more to this," Stratford says.

"Indeed, as my partner stated, we will do anything within our power to aid in your efforts," Tobias adds.

"We're happy to have your help," Krypto comments.

Later, Stratford is closely examining the now empty lot where the heroes encountered the monsters. "Hmmmm. a black animal hair."

"Yes yes," Tobias replies impatiently, "But there were many beasts here."

"That's what we were told. Still, they're no hairs from those strange creatures our colleagues described, but the only hairs remaining are black, most interesting," Stratford says as Ace and Peeper look over the hair themselves and nod their agreement.

After that, Stratford, Peeper and Bat Hound all simultaneously say, "And there are two sets of prints here that did not entirely disappear until they reached the sidewalk."

"Sheesh. Super-sleuths in triplicate." Streaky quietly cracks.

From across the street, two dark figures are watching. "Those nosy ninnies could ruin everything," one says.

"Patience. After tonight, their kind will be of no concern to us," the other figure replies. "This monster mash will generate much mystical energy and the one who can harness it will be unstoppable... EVEN to the likes of THEM." eyeing Krypto, Streaky and the Drac Pack Cats in particular in the closing of that statement.

To Be Continued

Edited on 01/15/2007 9:00pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Isaac6356

[136]Oct 25, 2006

It's a monster mash! The monster mash! That song is so great. So is this chapter. I need to get my halloween special up soon.

Ladsone

[137]Oct 25, 2006

Jolly good show you two.  I didn't think it possible to beat your haloween story last year, but I maybe wrong.  Can't wait to see part two.

LADSONE

Comickook

[138]Oct 25, 2006

Thanks, Isaac and Ladsone. I'm glad you liked part one.... and don't worry about waiting for Part Two.... because here it is now. The thanks I made last installment to Catfan1, 3StarvingArtist AND KnightMysterio ALL still apply here, naturally.....

Trick, Treat and Turmoil-Part Two

It is decided amongst the ten heroes that they need to split up into pairs (each consisting one detective type teamed with one-super-powered type) to most properly investigate this case in the quickest and most efficient time possible.

Tobias is going to be teamed with Chaney (Toby reasoning that he can finally put his unearned reputation to good use by accompanying Chaney [figuring that Chaney might be a lot more likely to be invited into areas they need to investigate if the vampire-powered cat is with the local dog detective]).

Krypto is going to be teamed with Ace (as the two are quite used to working together anyway).

Streaky will be teamed with Peeper (since Peeper IS a detective from HIS territory, they've worked together before [even if it's a lot rarer than Krypto and Ace's team-ups] and Peeper is just enough more serious than Streaky to keep the super-cat focused on the case).

Stratford will be teamed with Junior (reasoning that Stratford's intellect will be a good enough counterbalance to Junior's simple-mindedness for the Frankenstein Monster-powered feline to make the best use of his physical talents).

Finally, Squeaker will be teamed with Lon (since they figure the werewolf-powered cat who happens to be the leader of the Drac Pack Cats will be well-suited to keep the mouse's more wiseacre tendencies in check).

As night begins to fall, two dark figures again come out of hiding. "We'll make our move when both sides are at their weakest point. One step closer to obtaining the mystical energy I need." one says.

The other adds, "And I am closer to my revenge."

As Peeper and Streaky follow one possible mystical trail down a dark street. They both stop as a small, cute golden retriever puppy wags his tail barking out happily, looking up at them with large eyes. "Awww, the kid's cute, but kinda' young to be out on his own on a night like this," Streaky comments seriously.

"Careful, kid" Peeper says calmly but cautiously as he checks out the ground in front of him with a small monitor which starts beeping loudly..

"Wait, Streaky! I detect something on this spectrometer," Peeper says, turning to look at Streaky, but when he turns around the device is gone. Then it flies in the air and smashes against the pavement.

Suddenly the puppy transforms and Streaky has his paws full battling a large golden wolf who seems to be just as strong as Krypto himself and possesses tremendous physical toughness (though the super-speed and flying ability possessed by Streaky [who nervously quips that now he knows how Little Red Riding Hood felt] at least give the super-cat the maneuverability advantage [even though, to be fair, the wolf IS pretty fast in his own right {just not QUITE as fast as Streaky, fortunately for the super-cat}] AND Streaky also has the distance attack advantages thanks to his heat vision and super-breath) while Peeper fights off the claws of the Invisible Cat.

Peeper puts up good fight against the invisible creature and finally has a good grasp just as Streaky is finally overcoming the super-powerful wolf by making maximum use of the maneuverability and distance attack advantages he has over his physically stronger foe ("Looks like I'm starting to kick your doggie hide... Hyde." Streaky quips as he keeps up his attack). Though the two felines are ultimately victorious, they fail to get any info out of the stubborn monsters.

Thus, Peeper and Streaky decide to purposely let the duo go (without it LOOKING like they let the creatures go on purpose) so Streaky can track the monsters with a combination of his telescopic and infra-red visions (since infra-red vision allows him to see body heat, this allows him to, in a way, see the Invisible Cat even though he IS, well, invisible).

Krypto and Ace catch sight of two creatures: a crocodile mummy and a female part-fish, part-mink creature. Ace suggests following from a safe distance to see where the two are going, which Krypto nods at, flying Ace up into the higher shadows just before the crocodile mummy and the mer-mutant mink can spot them.

Ultimately, after a careful look (though NOT careful ENOUGH, as they neglect to look up any higher than 40 feet), both monsters are convinced that they aren't being tailed. While the creatures continue on to the meeting, Krypto uses his telescopic vision and super-hearing to keep tabs on the canine heroes' quarry.

Meanwhile, each of the other three teams teams encounters one of the monsters from the previous night (Lon and Squeaker encounter the Wolf-rat, Chaney and Tobias encounter the vampire wolf and Junior and Stratford encounter the Frankenstein Monster like monkey that can increase his size all the way up to to the size of a six story building).

Oddly enough, Junior and Squeaker have the easiest time out of the three avoiding the detection of their quarry... the other two groups enough up in fights with theirs after getting spotted (albeit through no fault of the heroes' own... the Wolf-rat and the vampire wolf are just that sharp).

Lon has the clear physical edge against the Wolf-rat and Squeaker's pea-shooter is loaded with silver pellets, so the two as a team are more than able to set the Wolf-rat on the run.

Chaney and Tobias's foe, on the other hand, is the one with the clear physical advantage and it's only thanks to Chaney keeping enough of his wits about him to be a distraction and Tobias finding and using a silver staff that the heroes are able to survive the vampire-wolf's attack.

The two shadowy figures who were watching the heroes earlier are coming closer.

"Soon all three of those cat monstrosities should be here and I will have my revenge, on THEM as well as on that smart-alec Supercat," says Countess Astorina as her face is revealed in the light.

"First things first," replies Presto Pooch firmly. "I must absorb the mystical energy before we are noticed. Fortunately, the do-gooders are keeping the monstrous creatures occupied. Then you may do as you wish with the fools."

Eventually, the heroes all meet back up after following (and, in three cases, fighting) the monsters to the monsters' headquarters, but not before an extremely embarrassing near-incident. Streaky sees a witch and ghost and prepares to go on the attack. He remembers just in time to check with his X-ray vision, however, and the super-cat notices that the two are merely a couple of youngsters out trick-or-treating... leaving no harm done, but still one sheepish super-feline.

From across the street of said headquarters, Ace, Peeper and Strat, in unison, begin explaining the plot all three of them had figured out independently. While the monsters plan to take over the world, the sorcerer known as Presto Pooch is trying to capture their mystic energy for his own advantage; probably because he plans to conquer the world himself. Ace notes that the black fur spotted by Stratford was obviously shed by Astorina, as Stratford adds that the fur of the supernatural beings disappeared along with their surroundings which is why nothing else was found, as Peeper nods.

"Sheesh. Maybe you guys should think of forming some sort of international animal detectives' club." Streaky comments half-jokingly, half-seriously before admitting that the only reason he didn't see it earlier himself was the fact that he was VERY honestly hoping (beyond hope) that he was wrong about that fur being from Astorina. Off the looks of the other heroes, Streaky further comments "Hey, I, admittedly, might not be anywhere near as good a detective as those guys," eyeing Ace, Stratford, Peeper and Squeaker in particular before adding "but I HAVE tangled with Astorina twice already. I was just subconsciously ignoring that clue because we already had enough on our plates dealing with these monsters."

As the monsters travel to their headquarters, Astorina and Presto Pooch are massaging a dark crystal and repeating an incantation, as a pot of herbs and mystical ingredients boils. The canine sorcerer can't help gloating, noting that he has outwitted Dracula and managed to steal much of his power into a silver-colored mystical sphere that is draining the monsters' energy..... though the vampire wolf, at least, is growling angrily and trying extremely hard to get to his feet.

There is a flash of light through the dark as the loud, chilling laugh of Astoria fills the air. "Astrorina, just as Stratford, Peeper and I thought," Ace notes, seeing the evil feline sorceress attack the Drac Pack Cats with her most intense mystical energy.

"At last I will have my revenge," Astorina says stepping out of the shadows.

"You ruined my chances of taking my rightful place as ruler this Valentine's Day, so it's only fitting that you pay for it on Halloween." She waves and a ring of flames surround the Drac Pack Cats (and uses a gravity-enhancing spell to trap Streaky in that same ring to make sure he can't fly his monster-powered friends to safety).

"And DON'T think I've forgotten about YOU either, not-so-Super-cat. I have TWO scores to settle with you, after all," Astorina comments.

Junior is panicking and Streaky's super-breath is useless against the flames (since they ARE magic) but, fortunately, Chaney is prepared. Using a vial of mystical anti-fire potion, Chaney diminishes the fire, while Streaky actually puts the increased gravity holding him down to good use by pounding on the ground with all of his strength and (immensely increased) weight. As they fall into the sewers and Astorina gets shaken up by Streaky's blow (which cracks open a huge hole into the sewers for himself and the Drac Pack Cats), the Kryptonian-powered cat gets free from Astorina's heavy gravity spell. The evil feline sorceress comes back just as Streaky finishes flying all three Drac Pack Cats back to the surface, however and, with a sneer, Astorina conjures up a Clydesdale-sized bulldog empowered with freezing breath to attack the heroes.

"I'll handle the massive mystic mutt. You three keep the Whiskered Witch of the Worst busy. I'll be there as soon as I can," Streaky says to Lon, Chaney and Junior in an unusually bold and authoritative tone more similar to that of his KWLS-verse counterpart Lightning than his normal voice as he starts to fly toward the created canine.

Fortunately, the super-feline has the obvious edge in speed here; even given that this creature is magic; and, while admittedly huge, the creature is still JUST small enough for the Cat of Steel to lift under his own power with a lot of effort.

It is also fortunate for Streaky that Lon, Chaney and Junior as a team are demanding enough of Astorina's attention where she can't focus on handicapping the super-cat (who presently has the giant ice-breathing bulldog by the tail and is starting to spin it around at best possible speed).

Ace, Strat and Tobias stay behind to try to help Streaky, Lon, Chaney and Junior, while Krypto, Peeper and Squeaker head for the monster meeting and Presto Pooch. But the latter three heroes are met by a wave of light that freezes them in their tracks.

"With that little annoyance out of the way, it's back to work," the canine sorcerer says smugly.

"Funny. I was thinking the same thing." a voice behind Presto Pooch comments, the canine sorcerer turning around JUST quickly enough to observe the vampire wolf, who slams right into Presto Pooch with tremendous force... not as much as the wolf usually has, but still enough to put a VERY distracting pain on the canine sorcerer.

"Figures your ego wouldn't allow you to accept defeat graciously, Lugosi." Presto Pooch comments as he gets grabbed by some undead animal zombies controlled by the crocodile mummy.

"Good job, Kek." the vampire wolf comments simply just before the Frankenstein-Monster-like monkey grows to three times his normal size (about one-fifth of what he can normally manage, but still enough to put some definite force behind his kick).

"I'll say this... you monsters are sure gluttons for punishment." Presto Pooch snarls as he gets up from the monkey's kick, just as Lugosi fiercely pounces on the canine sorcerer and the swats him right into a position where the crocodile mummy can get in a bite on Presto Pooch's tail.

Eventually, the desperation fight that the monsters are putting up is enough to free Krypto, Peeper and Squeaker from Presto Pooch's earlier spell.

"NOBODY double crosses me and my master and lives, canine archmage." Lugosi growls at Presto Pooch as the vampire wolf (still backed up by the crocodile mummy, the size-shifting Frankenstein Monster-monkey and now, by the Wolfrat, the mer-mutant mink and the Jekyll and Hyde-type canine too) continues to press his attack on the canine sorcerer.

Meanwhile, Astorina begins to realize she is using up too much mystical energy trying to fight off the combined efforts of Streaky, Lon, Chaney, Junior, Ace, Tobias and Stratford (who are splitting her focus in as many directions as possible while also coordinating their attacks in a way that makes it impossible for her to just focus on one hero and ignore the rest).

Thus, she is most definitely facing defeat. She decides her last chance is to help Presto Pooch in his battle. So she conjures up a huge spitting cobra (capable of spitting magically enhanced acid) that will, hopefully, keep the heroes busy for a few minutes. After that, Astorina  leaves to aid her canine sorcerer mentor.

"You guys go help K-Dog, Peeper and Squeaker. I've got this big snake." Streaky says in, again, a surprisingly bold and authoritative tone. Off the looks of the Ace, Tobias, Stratford and the Drat Pack Cats, Streaky pauses only to add "Like I said before... at least fighting real monsters gives me a target I can take my Halloween frustrations out on guilt-free.... though, after this caper, I'm never complaining about Andrea's Halloween parties again." as he starts flying around the huge cobra at top speed, which eventually starts to lift the snake off the ground due to the small vortex that is created by the effort.

Freed from Presto Pooch's spell, Krypto, Peeper and Squeaker notice the mystical ball he was massaging before he became preoccupied in battle.

"That has the mystical energy," Peeper notes."We have to destroy it." But Krypto's heat vision and attempts to crush the device with his super-strength have no effect (even when Krypto carves out a five-ton chunk out of the roof with his heat vision and is trying to use that five-ton chunk as a sledgehammer).... and Squeaker's attempts to use his slingshot to send stones flying toward the device have no better luck.

Peeper then has an idea ("Maybe WE can't destroy this ball, but HE can." the feline detective explains as he points to the distracted Presto Pooch) and rolls the sphere like a bowling ball toward Presto Pooch's attackers (Krypto adding his super-breath to the effort to increase the "bowling ball's" rolling speed [he might not be able to DESTROY the ball, but he CAN, at least, use his super-breath to MOVE it]) and it's blasted by one of the canine sorcerer's own magical attacks.

The energy begins leaking out, much to Presto Pooch's horror. He and Astoria try to stop the leaking, but to no avail. The sorcerers find themselves surrounded by a group of angry (and fully repowered) monsters as well as ten equally upset heroes (Streaky has just caught up from literally flying circles around Astoria's giant spitting cobra and then kayoing the massive serpent by clubbing it over the head with a half-ton piece of ground fragment [created from when the super-cat pounded the ground to shake up Astorina a fair amount earlier] while it was too dizzy to put up a fight).

Just then, Astoria looks at both Streaky and the Drat Pack Cats and exclaims angrily, "This is only a brief reprieve, feline freaks. The next time we meet, I swear I WILL, at last, destroy you!" There is a huge flash of light and the sorcerers are nowhere to be found (and neither are the required items the monsters stole, but THOSE were moved out of position by Krypto and Streaky at super-speed).

"Who is she calling "'freaks'"? It's not like SHE'S the poster child for normal cats herself," Streaky observes after the flash of light fades.

Lugosi, meanwhile; realizing that the items he and his allies need to complete their master spell are out of position now AND the window of opportunity is closed for the time being; has to concede defeat for now but says the monsters will soon have another chance, giving a glance to a few of the most mystically skilled monsters in the crowd as he says this. "Count on it, heroes," Lugosi finishes as, in another flash, all the monsters (except, obviously, the Drat Pack Cats) are gone.

Well, with the villains' plots defeated, Krypto and Streaky are free to head back to Metropolis now, so the super-pets says their good-byes and take off.

"You know, Ace. Something Streaky said earlier... about us forming an international squad of detectives.... sounds like it COULD actually be a pretty good idea. There ARE a lot of baffling cases out there in the world and a lot of rather ingenious animal criminals, yet, with many of the greatest animal detectives on the planet all putting their proverbial heads together... well, it's something to seriously consider, anyway." Stratford comments honestly.

At the same time, Krypto and Streaky are having a friendly chat as they head for home.

"Well. K-Dog, at least Halloween's over and I didn't have to endure one of Andrea's parties this year," Streaky notes.

Krypto responds with a sly smile, asking, "Streaky, what time is it in Metropolis right now?"

"Uh, lessee," the super-cat replies. "It's about 12:30 a.m. here in London so subtract five hours .... uh oh."

"Yep," says Krypto. "At hypersonic speed, we should be back just in time for apple-bobbing. You wouldn't want to disappoint Andrea, now would you?"

Streaky sighs, but actually seems kind of happy. "Well, I did say I'd never complain about her parties again.... Say, maybe I can talk her into trying fish bobbing this year," the super-cat adds, licking his chops before adding, "Or at least letting me wear that Musketeer outfit she made for me just after our first encounter with Deliah. That was one of the extremely few dress-up outfits she made for me that I kind of liked."

Krypto smiles, looking forward to a fun evening with Kevin, as the two super-pets continue on home to Metropolis through the dark Halloween night, leaving the fog of London behind, a wolf howling in the far distance.

The End.

Edited on 01/15/2007 9:21pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Isaac6356

[139]Oct 25, 2006

Very well done. Here's my special.

Rise of the Pumpkin King!

It's Halloween Night! Everyone is out and about in their costumes, going Trick or Treating. We join Kevin, who is in a Superman costume, with Krypto in Superdog form. "Boy I love Halloween. Costumes, candy, scary movies.." "And it's the only night where I can go about as Superdog without anyone suspecting a thing." Some kid passes by, "Hey, nice Superman and Superdog costumes." Kevin replies, "Thanks!" Andrea, dresses as Supergirl, and Streaky in Supercat form come up. "Hey guys. Ready to go Trick or Treating?" "You bet! Let's go." They walk together. Streaky chats with Krypto, "You know what I like about Halloween? It's when we get to eat all the candy we can eat." "But isn't eating all you do anyway?" Krypto asks. "Yeah. But this is the only night I get candy made for pets. And boy are they delicious."

They stop at Kirin's house. "Let's see if Kirin's got any candy." Andrea thinks otherwise, "I don't know. He might not even have any candy. After all, isn't he from outer space?" Kevin ponders, "Well.." "Besides, I bet he doesn't even know what Halloween is."

Inside his house though, he and Para-Clone are cuddled together as they watch scary movies. Something scary happens to make them freak and scream.

The four go about, going house to house for candy. At one house they go to, an old man answers the door. "Trick or Treat!" The old man replies, "If you should fancy a stroll through the graveyard, do not feed the pumpkins your candy! Or they will rise up and devour us all! Oh, and here's some candy." He gives them candy, and they leave. "Happy Halloween! Eh heh heh." He goes back inside.

They walk along the street. "Boy Kevin, did you hear that guy? What is he talking about? Pumpkins rising up, what a laugh." "Hey, wanna go to the graveyard and see if it really works?" She thinks, "Well..Okay!" They run ahead, leaving the two pets behind. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Krypto asks. "Ah it's the candy aroma getting to you. Let's go feed the pumpkins!" He runs ahead. Krypto sighs and hurries up.

They arrive at the graveyard, which is full of pumpkins. "Wow." Kevin is amazed, "Look at all the pumpkins." They stop and look through their candy, "If we're gonna feed them, we should give them candy we don't need. How about this peppermint?" "Sure. And we can give them these sour sticks too!" "Let's do it." They start throwing the unwanted candy at the pumpkins. Krypto asks, "You sure you should be doing that?" "Don't worry boy. We'll pick up the candy when we're done." They keep throwing. Unbeknownst to them, one of the Pumpkin vines begin to move. "See? Feeding the pumpkins don't do anything." Andrea says. "Yeah. Let's go grab our candy and.." The pumpkin vines begin to move in their site. Streaky is getting spooked, "Ah! They're moving! That's not a good thing!" The vines grab the candy, and the pumpkins grow faces. They begin to eat the candy as the others are spooked out. "They really are alive!" She freaks out. Kevin wonders, "But how is it possible? They're just pumpkins!" Krypto suggests, "Well it is Halloween. Anything can happen!" The ground quakes as a crack streaks across the ground, and a large orange figure comes out of the ground. It resembles a giant pumpkin, wearing a gold crown on his head. It shrieks, "I have returned!"

The others scream in fright as the pumpkins begin to gather round and worship the large pumpkin. He looks on toward the group and says, "Thank you for feeding my children. If you hadn't, we would of never had the strength to bring about my resurrection." Andrea doesn't get it, "Wait a minute. What does candy have to do with any of this?" "It's Halloween, sister. Anything can happen. Now, gimme all your candy!" He grabs them with his vines, much to their objection. And he gobbles it all up in one bite. "Ah! That hit the spot." Andrea shouts, "That's our candy! Give it back!" The king gets angry. Kevin reminds her, "Bad idea. You remember what the old man said about them devouring us?" The king commands the pumpkins, "Get them!" They begin to go toward them. Kevin and Andrea freak and hide behind their pets. They both say, "Get him boy!" Krypto and Streaky be like, huh? Anyway, the pumpkins are coming! "Guess it's time for a pumpkin harvest." Krypto says. Streaky agrees, "When I'm done with them, they'll be pumpkin pie!" They begin to attack the pumpkins, destroying each one with ease until no more remain. "Well that was easy." But Streaky be wrong, as the pumpkins begin to regenerate. The king laughs, "Ah ha ha ha! You mortals cannot stop my army that easily! Attack!" The pumpkins continue to attack. Krypto and Streaky try to hold them off, but no luck. "These things won't stay squashed!" Krypto agrees, "We're gonna need backup if we can't hold them off!" Kevin has an idea, "I got it!" He pulls out a cell phone and dials a number.

Commercial Break...

At Kirin's house, he and Para-Clone continue to watch the movie. They scream again as Kirin's phone goes off. He answers, "Hello?" Kevin is on the line, "Kirin! We need your help!" "What's wrong Kevin?" At the scene, "You're not gonna believe this. Man eating pumpkins have come alive, and some giant pumpkin is trying to eat us! We can't stop it ourselves, we need help!" He loses connection. "Hello? Kevin?" He hangs up. Para-Clone asks, having heard the conversation, "Giant pumpkins? Oh my. What do we do?" "Well...only one thing to do. Let's go Pirin." He gets up and walks away. "Aww...Can't we just stay here? Ohh..." She goes too.

Back with Kevin, he has lost connection. "Hello? Kirin?" He turns off his phone. "Well?" He replies, "I lost the connection somehow. And I didn't tell him where we are." "That's just great! What do we do now?" Streaky is thrown into a tree. "Ow." He goes back into the fray.

Krypto beats up more pumpkins, but they just keep regenerating. "These things just won't quit! No matter what we do.." He blasts some with Heat Vision, "They just come back!" More pumpkins return. Streaky suggests, "Well I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry from this!" He has his eye on a pumpkin, "Hmm..." He grabs one and begins to eat it. Krypto shouts, "Streaky! Now's not the time to be..." Streaky finishes eating, and burps. "That's it! That's how we beat them! Streaky! Start eating!" "Wha?" "Eat the pumpkins! They can't come back if we eat them!" Streaky is excited, "Sweet! For once, eating has it's benefits!" He swoops in and plucks a pumpkin. He starts eating it. Krypto does the same.

A pumpkin begins to head for Kevin and Andrea. Kevin smashes it with his foot. "Quick! Start eating!" They begin to devour the remains.

The Pumpkin King only laughs. "Ah ha ha ha! Even if you devour a few of my children, you can only eat so much!" He is right, as everyone is getting full from eating pumpkin. Even Streaky, too fat from eating, had enough. "Ugh...too..much...pumpkin." The Pumpkin King picks up both Krypto and Streaky with his vines. "Now that you're plump enough to eat..." He drops them into his mouth. Kevin and Andrea shout, "Krypto! Streaky!" Then the Pumpkin King picks up the two of them. "And now for you!" They squirm to no avail. "Help!" They shout. The king laughs as he begins to pull them in. But then...something cuts the vines and the king squeals in pain. "Yeow!" The two shout as they fall, only to be saved by Kirin. "Kirin!"

He lands on the ground as Para-Clone gets on his shoulder. "Man. You weren't kidding about the pumpkins." Kirin says, as the king regenerates his vines. "Where's Krypto and Streaky?" Kevin points to the king, "In him!" Para-Clone freaks, "Ah! That thing ate my poor Krypto? He'll pay!" Kirin says, "Well I wouldn't worry too much. It's not like pumpkins can digest anything." Andrea asks, "You sure about that?" "Nope." The king gets closer. "We have to act fast. Pirin, you know what to do." She nods, "Right!" She turns herself into a flute. Kirin plays the flute for a bit. "What are you doing?" Kevin asks. "Calling for backup." Just then, everyone stops moving as the ground shakes to the thunder of oncoming rats! They arrive and stop before Kirin. He points toward the pumpkins, "Sick him boys!" The king is scared, "Uh oh." The rats begin to charge and devour all of the pumpkins. They then begin to swarm the king, "Noooooooo!!!!!!! I'll be back!!!!!!" He is devoured to the point where only Krypto and Streaky remain. The rats leave with their work done. "Ewww!" Streaky remarks. "I'm all juicy!" He begins to lick himself. "Mm..I'm tasty." Kevin and Andrea are glad they're okay and go hug their respective pets.

Kirin goes over to them. "Well I think we had enough fun for tonight eh?" Krypto agrees, "It's a good thing you two showed up while you did. Otherwise we would of had man eating pumpkins on our hands." Para-Clone leeches herself onto Krypto. "Oh Krypto, I'm so glad you are okay. Did that mean ol pumpkin hurt you?" Streaky is offended, "What about me?"

Andrea checks her bag, "Oh no. Those pumpkins ate all our candy!" Kevin finds none either, "Oh man. And we've gone to every house on our block." Kirin steps in, "Have you been to mine?" They shake their heads. "Well why not? I would of filled half your bags full of different kinds of jumbo sized candy." They are rather surprised, "Did you say, jumbo sized?" "Well yeah. What? You think that because I'm from outer space means that I wouldn't get the idea on what Halloween is?" They shake their heads. "Well you can eat your candy at my place while we watch some scary movies." They cheer, "Hurray!" They all walk together. Streaky asks, "You wouldn't have any jumbo size candy fit for a cat, would you?" "Maybe. But for you, it's sugar free." "Aww.." They all laugh.

The End!

Comickook

[140]Oct 26, 2006
    Thanks Isaac. Your Halloween special was pretty good too. Definitely some great action and just the right mixture between chills and humor. :-D