Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Episode Ideas 3

Comickook

[161]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 9

Well, here's part two of "Ring Around Rosie", the latest big adventure written by Catfan1 and myself..

Back at the Fritchs' yard, Rosie and Scout are still talking.

"You don't have to give me an answer right away, Rosie, just say you'll think about it," Scout is saying, showing her a small ring.

But as he finishes the statement, a huge shadow covers both dogs. "Oh, I'd say you both have other things to think about," an armor-clad Mackinley says in a gloating tone of voice, as his henchdogs smirk and nod in agreement.

"You really didn't think you could escape the League forever, did you? And I wouldn't count on that do-gooding canine demigod for back-up, traitors. Let's just say, he has an extremely busy day ahead of him" the Malamute replies with a sneer.

Alfred and Orson close in on Scout (quickly and easily overpowering Scout despite his best efforts) as Mackinley cautiously approaches Rosie.

Meanwhile, in the middle of Metropolis, Krypto, Streaky and Ace are, indeed, kept pretty well-occupied by the powerful robot that has just flown onto the scene. Equipped with powerful robotic strength, jet boosters, an incredibly durable alloy and a massive cache of built-in weapons, this is, indeed, one tough robot.

Suddenly the robot fires a powerful missile that Streaky barely dodges. The super-cat quickly regroups and flies after Krypto, and it's all they can do to grasp the missile and fling it far enough away where it won't hurt anything and get back in time to save Ace who is barely holding off the robot, as it seems impervious to just about all of the Bat Hound's utility collar gadgets.

Worse yet, when Streaky tries to sing, the robot seems to just absorb the sonic energy from the feline's super-bad-singing harmlessly into a battery and become even stronger. "Talk about a well-prepared robot. I even try resorting to the most powerful weapon in my arsenal and it absorbs the sonic vibrations like candy." Streaky grumbles.

It's just then then Ace gets a couple of megaphones and magnifying glasses out of his doggie jet as he continues to narrowly evade the stockpile of weapons built into the automaton.

"Focus your combined sonic attacks and heat vision through the megaphones and magnifying glasses respectively. They will be magnified a hundredfold and even the best built robot in the universe can't stand up to THAT MUCH punishment." Ace tells Krypto and Streaky, the the two super-pets nodding in agreement.

"But we are going to have to lead the robot far enough out to sea where we can launch this combo attack and minimize the damage to Metropolis." Krypto says as he and Streaky take the megaphones and magnifying glasses and prepare to lead the robot well clear of the city before they launch the attack Ace suggested.

Once the heroes are many miles out to sea, Krypto and Streaky, indeed, both focus their heat vision through the magnifying glass lenses and their sonic talents (Streaky's super-bad-singing and Krypto's super-howl) through the megaphones Ace provided.

With the combined attacks magnified a hundredfold by Ace's equipment, it isn't long before the robot is finally defeated, but the magnifying glasses and megaphones are burnt out beyond further use.

As she is bound and taken to the Metropolis headquarters of the League of the Paw, Rosie recalls how she was a once a street dog known as 'Carmen' who was recruited as a spy for the criminal organization. That was where she learned to read, (a talent that, ironically, later helped her reunite an amnesiac Krypto with his friends). But she soon realized how strongly she disagreed with the League's criminal aims and became a spy for the opposition. League agent Scout, then known as Pinkerton (and actually a spy for a group opposing the League), was sent to find her but, instead, he helped her escape and both faked their deaths, and she went on to a harsh life on the Metropolis streets before finally finding a good home. But somehow, the League had found them.

"So, Carmen, care to recant? Perhaps I could put in a good word for you and Augustin and Moses will spare your life. We could always use a good slave." Mackinley says with an almost lecherous leer.

Rosie/Carmen only glares in response. "Still saying 'no' to me I see," Mackinley says calmly but with a slight edge to his voice. "Perhaps your tune will change once I deal with your precious Superdog."

Rosie is clearly concerned about Krypto, but wills herself calm with great effort. "He's beaten tougher creeps than you before, Mackinley, so I wouldn't be getting too cocky." the female canine snaps.

"Yes. You are ALMOST right. He HAS triumphed over extremely tough opponents...." Mackinley concedes before adding "WHEN he knows who he's up against, which he doesn't in THIS case. As for "'tougher than me'", that I WILL have to respectfully disagree with. PHYSICALLY STRONGER opponents than me, yes, but I most definitely possess brains as well as brawn, which puts me a cut or two above most of the meta-animal riff-raff your precious super-mutt has tangled with in the past."

"Boss," Alfred says. "Our agents tell us those hero guys just defeated the robot."

Mackinley nods. "Ace should have us located in no more than 20 minutes if I know the Bat Hound," he smiles. "And then the fun begins."

Krypto, Streaky and Ace check out the scene at the Fritchs' backyard. As Streaky observes the mess the back yard is left in, he (with immense restraint [ESPECIALLY for HIM]) refrains from making any inappropriate cracks about the condition of the yard, recognizing the extremely obvious concern on Krypto's face concerning Rosie's well-being. Despite the mess the back yard is left in, there are no obvious trails of footprints or tire tracks, meaning that the culprits arrived either by flying or by teleporting.

Still, between Ace's detective skills and Krypto and Streaky's super-senses, the three heroes are still able to pick up the trail reasonably quickly

As the heroes pick up Rosie's trail, they come to a pet supplies building that Krypto and Streaky are unable to see into. Ace quickly yells, "Get down" as a powerful ray comes out of a window and the three narrowly avoid it, just as a smirking Mackinley comes walking calmly out of the building.

Ace lets out a growl of recognition concerning the canine, bitterly admitting that he knows from personal experience how tough the malamute is ("I've fought him twice before.... and barely escaped with my life both times." the Bat Hound confesses).

Streaky whispers to Krypto that, with his X-ray vision, he's noticed the dog's armor includes some kind of air conditioning, which seems odd.

"So good to see you, heroes. Greetings from Mackinley, the canine crime lord of Metropolis," he says in a smug manner, then adding dismissively, "I would warn the Bat Hound and the cat to just stay out of my way. It's the super-dog I'm interested in."

Mackinley explains that Pinkerton and Carmen ("Or, as you know them, Scout and Rosie") are traitors to his gang (he is still being careful, at this point, to avoid using any words that could cause the heroes to suspect the existence of the League of the Paw) and suggests Krypto mind his own business or face the consequences.

When Krypto comments that protecting others in need IS his business and then demands the release of Rosie and Scout, Mackinley offers a deal. He and Krypto will battle and if Krypto wins, Rosie and Scout are free of their obligations to his (still unnamed) group.

"One-on-one, just the two of us, that's the deal. Also in case you think I'm lying, allow me to assure you that, whatever else YOU may conceive as my faults, I DO live by a personal code of honor that prevents me from lying or breaking any of my promises," the large dog adds.

The heroic super-dog nods firmly, adding, "Just to be fair, I will still give you one more chance to surrender. I don't want to hurt you."

"That guy's nuts, K-Dog, wanting to fight you," Streaky says, but before he finishes, Alfred has hit a distracted Superdog from behind with a power disrupter ray, the impact knocking Krypto to the ground. The heroic super-dog is quick to get back to his feet, but he finds that, while he DOES still have SOME semblance of his super-strength and super-speed (albeit noticeably less than usual), his heat vision and flying ability are gone (Krypto lands flat on his face when he attempts to use the latter).

"Don't worry, Krypto," Mackinley smirks. "The effects won't last more than two hours, but I can't let you have an unfair advantage with your heat vision, flying powers and former strength and speed advantages. That power disrupter, unlike many cases when a villain has used such devices on you, WASN'T designed to remove your powers COMPLETELY as you have already noticed.... except for your aforementioned flying ability and heat vision, you STILL have TWO percent of your usual power. As I said before, I DO live by a personal code of honor and would never stoop to removing your powers entirely.... just enough so that you have no unfair advantages. Now, I've done my research on you and I'm quite well aware that, even at one-fiftieth your usual power, you're STILL 200 times stronger, faster, tougher and more agile than a normal dog your size. However, I TOO, possess the strength, speed, agility and endurance of 200 ordinary dogs... I just happen to be a larger dog than you, I'm nowhere near as exhausted as you are AND, as your friend Ace will vouch, I was a formidable fighter even BEFORE I got super-powers. Hence, I still have you at a disadvantage, but you've got JUST enough power left to give me a decent workout." Mackinley says, slowly approaching Krypto, who is now back on his feet, the large dog looking down smugly at his foe.

Ace and Streaky are unsure how to respond, but soon find themselves busy as a small army of 12 dogs from Mackinley's gang begin firing an assortment of weapons at the two, the Bat Hound warning Streaky that some of the dogs appear to be armed with power disrupters, prompting the super-cat to gulp nervously, even after Ace takes out one of the disrupters with a batarang, though Streaky calms down a little after he takes out another three with quick blasts of heat vision.

"We should be able to take these guys," Ace says. "I'll try to distract them so you can go and look for the captives."

"Gotcha." Streaky says as he quickly uses his super-breath to blow six of the dogs clear (leaving Ace to deal with the other six, which the Bat Hound DEFINITELY seems to be managing), flies a little further out and then starts to use his super-speed spinning to become a living drill, playing the hunch that the bad guys' lair is underground (he considers humming the James Bond theme as he does this, but he knows that, with HIS super-bad singing, that wouldn't be too advisable as that might cause a cave-in).

Meanwhile, Krypto is only narrowly holding his own against Mackinley, who proves that his claim of "possessing 200 times peak canine strength, speed, agility and endurance" is VERY true (the Malamute even rams the Kryptonian canine clear through one of the walls of the pet supply factory and implements a three-ton steel girder like a giant baseball bat). The Dog of (presently lesser) Steel tries to aim a couple of his head-on attacks at the air conditioning unit Streaky mentioned earlier, but Mackinley is smart enough to spot this tactic immediately and nixes Krypto's efforts, easily grabbing Krypto and throwing him well clear of the air conditioning unit.

Worse yet, Mackinley is also fast and agile enough to use his steel girder baseball bat to hit the large chunks of concrete Krypto manages to lift and throw toward the unit (the chunks of concrete were broken away from the wall the two super-canines went through and some of the chunks weigh as much as two tons [which Krypto can still lift and throw at a respectable speed with reasonable ease, even in his weakened state]), the girder strikes smashing the concrete chunks into powder before they can even come close to connecting with the unit.

"Still worried about hurting me?" Mackinley smirks, as a panting and rapidly tiring Krypto manages to pick himself up and cautiously resume his attack.

To Be Concluded

Edited on 12/16/2006 9:54pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Comickook

[162]Nov 19, 2006

And now, here's the third part/conclusion to "Ring Around Rosie", the latest story co-written by Catfan1 and myself. Just for the record, this part contains the reference to "the Royal Pain" I mentioned earlier (at the beginning of part one) and Streaky's second "Casablanca"-inspired wisecrack. :-D

"Scout, are you ok?" a concerned Rosie asks.

Scout tries to rub his head but can't as his forepaws are tied. After a quick groan, though, he says, "I'll live... for now anyway," eyeing the armed guards in front of their cage. Both are bound, surrounded by six large guard dogs and kept in a sturdy cage.

Just then a wall explodes and Streaky the Supercat enters the prison area. "Hey guys. Let me get you out of there," Streaky says. Rosie warns him to be careful as the guards begin firing. It's all the super-cat can do to avoid the rays, pick the cage lock and free both Rosie AND Scout, even at super speed (he can't even concentrate enough to use his heat vision to take out the weapons).

"Get him!" one of the dogs commands. "This weapon will drain his powers," but the armed dog is surprised when Rosie goes on the attack, flings him backwards and seizes the weapon before stepping on one of the hind paws of another guard.

Once Rosie darts out of the line of fire, Streaky is able to regroup enough to use quick blasts of his heat vision to take out the remaining weapons, grab the rope that had been holding Scout and Rosie, quicky tie up the six guard dogs and stick THEM in the cage that had once housed Rosie and Scout.

"This way," Rosie says. As they leave they are met by Ace who explains he came in through the front entrance.

"But what about those guard dogs at the front entrance?" Streaky asks.

"They won't be bothering us. Let's just say I left them gifted wrapped for the Metropolis authorities," Ace replies calmly.

Rosie leads them to a room that looks like a large laboratory, where they are greeted by the giant winged Chihuahua and mutant anteater Scout mentioned earlier, which seem to be guarding the lab. Despite the great strength made possible by the mutant dog's size AND its ability to fly, however, the massive mutant is still nothing Streaky can't handle with a lot of effort. Likewise, the anteater, despite his size (equal to the size of a Great Dane), electrified tongue and toxic chemical gas breath, is still within Ace's capacity to handle with considerable effort.

As Streaky and Ace keep the mutant guards busy, Rosie goes for a certain device. "Here's what I was looking for, Scout." She explains that Scout must have been hit with a power disrupting ray while he was fleeing yesterday and this device may be able to restore his powers.

"Ready to give up, 'super-dog'?" a sneering Mackinley asks after nailing Krypto with a couple of 200 mile per hour swings of the three-ton steel girder he's using as a baseball bat. "I promise to let you live. A somewhat super-dog will make far too valuable a slave to completely destroy even if you are my inferior."

But while Mackinley is gloating, a visibly pained, but not out, Krypto is focusing all his concentration on the circle in front of Mackinley's armor that holds the air conditioning unit (which he can see with his greatly diminished, but still functioning, X-ray vision at full power), noticing the dog's discomfort when his paws touch the hot street and having figured out that it keeps the large dog from succumbing to the heat.

"Come and get me, Mackinley," Krypto says, trying to keep from looking directly at the air conditioning control as he goes for a set of electrified cables that have been severed during his and Mackinley's heated battle. If he can't take out that cooling agent this time, he may not get another chance, Krypto thinks.

Streaky watches with dumbfounded sheepishness as Scout demonstrates his teleporting and shape-shifting abilities (using the former to teleport Rosie to safety before going back to help Streaky and Ace).

"Huh, so the guy really did have powers AND he was right about the mutant dog and anteater, although I still have my doubts about those giant insects," the super-cat says, "Anyway, with Scout powered up again, I'd say we're ..... yipe!"

Now the heroes are under attack by literally a hundred Doberman-sized mutant bees with "sonic buzz" powers and the ability to spit out a powerful acid. "Okay, so Scout was right about THEM too." the Cat of Steel admits as he prepares for battle with a gulp while Ace and Scout look for something to help even the odds against the mutant bees.

"Let's see, now. These laboratories are temperature controlled," Scout (staying focused with immense concentration) tells Ace quietly as Streaky is (only barely) holding his own against the mutant bees between his super-strength, super-speed, flying ability, heat vision and super-breath.

"Of course. Insects.... including bees (even MUTANT bees).... are cold blooded. If one of us can turn down the temperature to freezing while the other helps Streaky distract the bees.... we might be able to freeze them into submission." Ace comments simply, instantly catching on to what Scout is getting at.

Scout volunteers to teleport closer to the controls and Ace and Streaky provide the distraction (Streaky implementing his aforementioned super-strength, super-speed, flying ability, heat vision and super-breath while Ace uses his wits and agility as well as the cables and gas pellets from his utility collar). As the laboratory temperature drops considerably (Streaky is protected from the cold by his super-coat and Ace is braced for the cold simply because he's expecting it, but the bees aren't so fortunate AND they ARE cold-blooded), the bees end up frozen into inactivity barely in time.

“So, what's next? Giant snails with super-speed and super sliming powers?” an exhausted Streaky asks.

“Now you're just being silly,” Scout replies, as the heroes prepare to leave, finding their way blocked by only a few remaining guards who are easily outmatched and quickly subdued by the three heroes, even as exhausted as they are.

Meanwhile, Krypto, using every ounce of his reduced (but still super) speed and endurance, manages to hold out JUST long enough to jam the electrified cable up the area housing Mackinley's cooling system.

The large dog reacts in horror as sparks fly out and he begins to feel the full impact of the humid more than 100-degree temperatures. Mackinley tries to continue the attack but is quickly overcome by the heat. A grimacing and noticeably shaky Krypto puts everything he has left into a blow that knocks the gasping Malamute for a loop and the criminal super-canine lands hard on the hot sidewalk where he begins breathing hard, displaying a clearly abormal sensitivity to the summer weather.

Alfred and Orson, who managed to elude Ace earlier (in fact, THEY are the ones who secretly released the bees as a diversion for Streaky, Ace and Scout to make sure the heroes wouldn't be able to stop their and Mackinley's getaway just in case Krypto DID find a way to narrowly squeak out the victory), drag their boss to a street corner and the three are teleported away from the scene while Krypto is too exhausted to go after them.

The last thing the now COMPLETELY spent Krypto sees is a large dog with a thick coat of white corded fur looking down at him.

Krypto slowly regains consciousness and the first thing he sees is the concerned face of Streaky, along with Rosie, Ace and Scout. "K-Dog, buddy, you gonna be OK?" the super-cat asks.

Krypto nods (after which, he begins quickly testing to discover that he's back to full strength and once again has both his flying ability and heat vision); and sees the same white dog again.

"Greetings, Krypto. I am Piroska, and there are explanations to be made," says the dog, who Krypto now notices is clearly a female Komondor dog, accompanied by a tough-looking Doberman and a muscular Rottweiler. She explains that she is the Metropolis leader of a group of dogs who have banded together to battle the evil dogs who make up the League of the Paw. The League of the Paw (or LotP for short) is a mysterious worldwide organization of criminal dogs who have started to ally themselves with other criminals, including Mechanikat and most of Bat Hound's enemies. In fact, Ra's al Ghul's pet wolfhound, Moses, is one of the main leaders of the group. She explains about Scout's past and how Rosie aided her group, the Knights of the Komondor, by sharing information about the League's operations.

Krypto is impressed, saying he had no idea Rosie had such an adventurous and heroic past.

Piroska adds that the Knights are grateful to the heroes for dealing Mackinley a major blow and for saving Scout and Rosie. "Rosie and Scout said you three have proven yourselves worthy to be Knights of the Komondor and we would be honored if you would join us,” she says.

So Krypto, Ace and Streaky are presented collars with a small medallion shaped like a komondor in front. Streaky, in fact, is the first cat to be a member of the organization.

The super-cat is clearly delighted but still can't resist a wisecrack. “First I get to be a Dog Star, then I'm knighted by the king of Kelfano and now I'm a Komondor. Next thing you know, I'll have to start watching myself around fire hydrants.”

The seven dogs stare silently at Streaky and he adds, “Wow, tough crowd. I hope you at least acknowledge that I didn't mean any offense by that.”

Rosie says there is still one small piece of business to wrap up and gently clasps paws with Scout. "I have to go home to my new owners, Scout. I'll never forget you but that's where I belong now. And," she adds, looking at Krypto, "There are some things I'm not sure about that maybe I need to figure out."

Scout sighs, "I'm afraid I knew that's what your answer would be and I can't blame you. You have a comfortable home with good friends and my work with the Knights will take me far from Metropolis." After a few seconds of silence, Scout adds, "Things have changed for us, but I hope I can visit you again sometime."

"You're always welcome at my home," she replies and Krypto nods in agreement.

"And, as for me, I'd say this was the start of a pretty good friendship." Streaky cracks to Scout in a Humphrey Bogart-esqe tone, which earns a slight smirk from the Border Collie.

A fuming Mackinley is in one of his backup lairs with the air conditioning turned on high but he still feels as if he is burning. The angry face of Augustin is on a monitor.

"Your egotism and arrogance have caused much damage to our Metropolis operations and we have lost the chance to punish Carmen for her betrayal," the scowling bulldog says in his upper-class tone and with only the subtlest tinge of a French accent (it would take an incredibly good ear to pick it up). "If it were not for your previously perfect record, the punishment would be most severe. However, consider yourself on a short leash. We will be watching closely," he concludes in a threatening manner and signs off.

Mackinley looks at a picture of Krypto and snarls as he thinks about his likely loss of standing with the League's leadership. "The next time, Superdog won't get away. Krypto will pay for this humiliation," Mackinley tells himself. It's just a matter of time: Winter will come and it will be HIS season. "That's right, Krypto. No warm weather to save you when winter time comes...... unless that blasted iguana of Luthor's tries another "'heat up Metropolis during the winter time'" stunt. I'm going to have to get some of the gang to take care of him when the time comes and make sure that doesn't happen this year," Mackinley says calmly, but with an obvious edge.

The End (for now)

Edited on 01/15/2007 12:46pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Ladsone

[163]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 13
    Well done my friends.  I could see the Super Dobes and the Alpha team working with this syndicate.

LADSONE

Comickook

[164]Nov 19, 2006
    Thanks, Ladsone. I never thought of that myself, but that could be a definite possibility. Thanks very much for sharing. :-D

Isaac6356

[165]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 15
    Very nice work as always guys. If only I wasn't so caught up in my work, I'd get up to date and get the next arc up. I really want to do your characters Comickook, but I just can't think of anything for the rest of this fight I'm doing. That...and I'm spending time with my new Wii.

catfan1

[166]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 17

Thanks, Ladsone and Isaac. Maybe sometime we can have our bad guys team up and give the JLAnimals a real workout.

Isaac6356

[167]Nov 19, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:

Thanks, Ladsone and Isaac. Maybe sometime we can have our bad guys team up and give the JLAnimals a real workout.

Now that'd be fun. I'll let you pick the villain.

Isaac6356

[168]Nov 19, 2006

The Manipulator of Metal, Dr. Metallo! Part 2

Getting back to where we left off, Para-Clone goes ahead and unties Kevin, so he can get off Krypto. "It's good to see you boy." Krypto replies, "Glad to see you're safe." Dr. Metallo grunts, "Pft. I wasn't expecting unwelcomed company from some meddling canine and some canary." Para-Clone is offended, "For your information, I'm a parakeet!" He grins, "Like it makes a difference?" He looks up at the ceiling, "Seems I was careless enough to not seal the windows too. My fault really. Might as well fix that." He covers the windows with metal, making it pitched black in the building. The lights turn on themselves, lighting the place up again. "There. Now there's no hope for you to escape. Your fates have all been sealed." He begins to sink into the metal floor again as he laughs evilly. Kirin drops down from the wall of hands. The others go to him and hold him up, "You okay Kirin?" Kevin asks. "Yeah. I'll be fine." Krypto tells Para-Clone, "Para-Clone, I want you to take Kevin somewhere where he won't get in the crossfire." "You got it!" She leads Kevin away.

Kirin and Krypto get tense. "Alright Kirin, tell me what you know about this guy." "His name is Dr. Metallo. He has a rather cunning and deadly ability. You already saw that he can control metal. And he can even fuse with the metal itself. Since this whole factory is made of metal, he could be anywhere and attack us from anywhere he wants. And because he can manipulate metal, anything is a weapon to him." They hear him laugh from below and spikes begin to rise up from the ground. They leap out of the way as the wave of spikes pass. "There doesn't seem to be anyway of stopping him once he sinks into the metal." Krypto thinks for a moment. Dr. Metallo rises behind him. "Behind you!" Kirin calls out, and Krypto heat rays at Metallo, only to miss as he sinks. Krypto gets a thought, "I wonder..." Dr. Metallo appears from behind Kirin. "Got you!" Kirin Flash Steps away as Kirin fires Light at him, but misses as he sinks into the metal again. There is debrie on the floor. "Darn it! He's just too fast! Nothing we do works!" Krypto uses Super Vision to try and locate Dr. Metallo. But from his vision, it seems that he is every where. And he discovers something rather interesting. "Hey Kirin." "Yeah?" He points at a crane above, "Aim for that crane up there. And I want you to use fire for your attacks." "Huh?"

In the corner, Para-Clone and Kevin watch. "I wonder what he's up to?" Kevin wonders. Para-Clone too, "He's thinking of something."

Kirin opens up the fire pocket of his belt and takes out some fire essence. "If you say so." He takes it and forms a lot of fire around his body. "I guess it's time to heat things up." He aims for the crane, "Fire Wave!" He sends a wave of fire to the crane and burns it up a bit. Nothing really happens. "Now what?" Krypto replies, "Wait for it." They wait a bit. Dr. Metallo comes from behind, but Kirin quickly side kicks him out of the floor and into the wall, causing more pain. "Well that was too easy. Huh?" He sees a burnt mark on his chest. "He got burned?" Krypto steps in, "When he's fused with the metal area, his whole body becomes the metal environment. His skin, his organs, his blood, everything is part of the metal now. Any hit on the area while he's in it will hurt him regardless of where he may pop up. He can move his vital parts around, but he can't avoid a direct attack." The others are amazed at this finding. Dr. Metallo isn't impressed, "So you found my weak point. So it's true, my body has to become one with the metal to get around, I'm still more powerful than you! I'll just make sure you don't get the chance to attack." He sinks into the metal again. "This time I'm going to be more aggressive than ever before." Krypto replies, "We'll see about that!" Metal spikes come from the wall. "Look out!" Kirin warns as they get out of the way. More and larger spikes start coming from the ground. Poor Para-Clone and Kevin are trying to avoid them as well as they are caught in the crossfire. Dr. Metallo just laughs. "That's right! Keep on running! You can't out run me forever!"

Commercial Break...

The fight continues, and it's getting harder to avoid the spikes. Then, Dr. Metallo, while still in the metal, rises up and aims for Kirin. "Kirin!" Krypto calls out, as Kirin, in mid air, sees Dr. Metallo but can't do a thing to dodge. Metallo forms a spear from his cane, "Now you die!" He thrusts forward, and just inches from his face he stops. He has just felt something...really painful. Whatever Kevin just kicked on accident, it causes Dr. Metallo to fall on the floor and clench his lower regions in agony. Everyone is rather disturbed, with sweat drops of embarrassment. Para-Clone remarks, "I'm rather..surprised."

Dr. Metallo finally gets up, still in a bit of pain. "You...rotten boy!" Kevin is in trouble, "Uh oh." Dr. Metallo sinks into the metal. "Run Kevin!" Krypto shouts, but Dr. Metallo gets in front of Kevin, with his spear. "You made a fool of me for the last time!" Kevin flinches, but just as Metallo slices down, Kirin steps in and takes the hit. He falls down on his back. "Kirin!" Para-Clone shouts. She throws feather darts at Metallo and causes him to back off. Kevin holds Kirin up, "Are you okay?" Kirin replies, "Yeah..I'm fine. Just a scratch. Really." Para-Clone is in tears, "You idiot! Why'd you have to take a full hit like that!?" She hugs his body, "You could of died just now!" He smiles, "Well I wouldn't worry about me." Dr. Metallo interrupts, "Oh how touching. Just be thankful I mostly need him alive. Killing him would be less effective, but bringing him back alive is best. But see, if you continue to aid this boy, you'll end up just like him. So why don't we settle on an agreement? You hand him over to me right now, and I'll spare your lives." Para-Clone throws a feather dart past his face, which he doesn't flinch from. "Go choke on a straw!" Dr. Metallo is displeased. Krypto agrees, "She's right. We won't simply let you have our friend. If you want him you're gonna have to take him from our cold dead paws!" Kevin agrees, "Mine too!" Dr. Metallo is aggitated, "Fine." He sinks into the floor. "Remember this. Everyone around that boy will experience death soon enough. He brings nothing but destruction, the coward."

Kirin tries to stand. "Don't strain yourself Kirin." Para-Clone says. "No. I got to prove him wrong. He claims that everyone who makes contact with me meets their end. Because Deathcon always chases me in order to fulfill his revenge, and I'm always on the run. Well not anymore! I need to show this guy that I'm not the scared boy who always ran away!" "Kirin." Kirin takes out his blade and turns it into a fire blade. "Go hide somewhere. It's going to be a bit rough." Krypto asks, "Are you sure?" "Hey, thanks to you we know his weakness. I can handle things from here. Now please, let me do this. It's something I gotta prove. Plus it could bring down the whole building." Kevin nervously agrees, "I think we better go hide now." Para-Clone agrees, "Right behind you!" They run off. Krypto tells him, "Just becareful." Kirin nods and Krypto leaves him. Kirin gets into stance.

"So, you're gonna fight alone?" Dr. Metallo asks. "Yeah." His aura glows brightly. "And you know what else? It's time I take you down, once and for all!" We see an image of Dr. Metallo's face beneath the metal, "Oh please. You alone can't change what is to eventually happen. You will die along with this entire planet!" Spikes fire at him from all directions. Kirin remains calm and..."You're wrong." A great surge of power deflects the spikes from hitting him. Dr. Metallo is shocked, "What's this?" Kirin's really charged up, "You think I can't change my future? Well how about I change your mind with this!" He prepares an attack, "Element Arts, Fire Tornado!" He spins rapidly and causes a large tornado of fire inside the factory. It spreads all around the place. Luckily the others are in a safe spot so they don't get burned. But the same can't be said for Dr. Metallo, he's getting burned badly. "Ahhhh!!!!! It's too much!" Kirin keeps going. "I got to get out of here!" He leaves the wall, just to have Kirin get in front of him all of a sudden, "What!?" Kirin fires a blast of fire at full power, sending Dr. Metallo right through the wall, rending him senseless and charred. Kirin is victorious! "He did it!" Kevin exclaims and the others cheer.

Kirin pants as he begins to absorb the fire he's caused back into the fire pocket of his belt. He then almost begins to fall on his back again but is caught by Kevin. "Gotcha." Krypto goes to Kirin, "Good job." Para-Clone snuggles on Kirin's chest, "You did it! You really did it!" Kirin chuckles, "Thanks everyone." Dr. Metallo moans. "Curse...you....To think I be bested....by a mere Kirianian..." He finally falls unconsious. Krypto wonders, "Kirianian...Is that what you really are?" He nods, "Yeah. But it's best if I save the details for another time..."

The End!

Ladsone

[169]Nov 20, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:

Thanks, Ladsone and Isaac. Maybe sometime we can have our bad guys team up and give the JLAnimals a real workout.

Count me in!

catfan1

[170]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 17
    Ladsone wrote:
    catfan1 wrote:

Thanks, Ladsone and Isaac. Maybe sometime we can have our bad guys team up and give the JLAnimals a real workout.

Count me in!

Thanks, guys, I've probably got enough story stuff already to keep me busy through Christmas, but it would be cool to try that sometime. 

And good work on the latest story, Isaac.

Edited on 11/20/2006 9:58am

Ladsone

[171]Nov 22, 2006
    Hello my friends.  Greetings from a somewhat cool Tampa, Florida (54 degrees right now).  Had a wonderful dinner tonight with my family (and Casey).  We're here relaxing in the hotel lobby and talking about quite a few things.  I wanted to sign on and let Casey tell you all hello.  Take it away partner:

Hi everybody.  Happy Thanksgiving!  It's so great to be with my uncle Carl and while we're not going diving, he's taking me to a Tampa Bay Lightning game Friday night with rinkside seats (how COOL! is that?) Uncle has told me about some of the new story ideas and I'll be looking them over.  Hope you all don't eat too much tomorrow.

CASEY TOO! (and LADSONE)

Isaac6356

[172]Nov 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

And now the first of many episodes to my latest arc, the Black Talon Society Arc! *thanks to Comickook for letting me use Locksley and Gabrielle*

A Dark Conspiracy! Trouble in Star City!

Somewhere, in an old power plant facility outside of Star City, some dark figures have gathered. Their eyse glow within the dark. A tall bird like figure, wearing a mask covering his face and beak speaks with a british accent, "So how long until we get this plan into action?" Another figure next to him, short and sounds like there is gears in him says, "I'm getting tired of waiting. I want to cause some destruction." Not seen, someone important replies, "Patience my bretheren." He steps forward, still in shadow. He is rather large and seems to be the leader, "The plan will begin as soon as our key item comes within reach." A very small bird figure flutters in shadows asking, "But when? Surely she won't comply to us." "No. But once she comes within my grasp, she won't have a choice." His presses a button on a monitor with his talon, painted pure black. They show many shots of Para-Clone. Shots of her fighting, with Krypto, and babysitting. With a closeup of the big bird's face, "She'll have no choice at all..." He begins to laugh evilly.

In the suburbs of Metropolis..."So you two are going to Star City?" Kirin asks Krypto, as he and Streaky are at his front door. "Yep. We got word about some mysterious group who have some dangerous plan." Then Streaky remarks, "You know how it is. Evil group of villains wanting to take over something and all that jazz." Para-Clone, on Kirin's shoulder asks, "What's Star City?" Kirin explains, "Star City is one of the most popular tourist spots in the country. And...It's also home to my favorite superheros, Green Arrow and Black Canary." He holds up a small black book, "If I was going I could get their signatures into my Signature Book." "You have a autograph book?" Kirin asks embarrassed, "No! It's not an autograph book! Superman even gave it to me. He says that collecting hero signatures could be a hobby for me." She looks suspicious, "Right..." Krypto continues, "Well we just wanted to give you the heads up so you know where we be.." He gets a call on a bat communicator Ace gave him. He answers, "What is it Ace?" On Ace's side, he is in front of a raging fire. "I'll have to cancel my trip to Star City. There's a really bad fire caused by Joker. Me and my partner will be busy for quite awhile. You'll have to find someone else to go with you." Krypto replies, "Well where are we going to find a replacement in time? Everyone else is busy." Streaky interrupts, "Eh hem." He points out to Kirin and Para-Clone, who seem to go along with it. Krypto finishes talking, "Well you be careful now." He shuts off the communicator. "So you two want to go with us?" The two say, "Yeah sure." "In that case, follow us." He and Streaky take to the sky. Kirin presses a button on his watch and he changes into his hero clothes. He then pulls out his hover craft and hops on. "Glad I made that auto changer, huh?" He asks Para-Clone. "Just go." He takes off after the two.

Later in the evening, the gang arrives in Star City. Kirin and Para-Clone are amazed at the sound and beauty of the city. Kirin remarks, "I've always read about Star City, but never would of expected to see it like this." Para-Clone is mesmerized too. "Me either. This is amazing." Streaky tells them, "Yeah you can say that. Me and Krypto come by here often to help out some friends." The two are confused, "Friends?" "Yeah. We're gonna meet them at the park, right K-Dog?" "Yep." They walk on foot toward the park.

When they get to a certain tree they stop. Krypto begins to introduce, "Guys, meet our Star City friends." Kirin acts excitingly as he has his mind set on something, but as two small birds come out of the shadows, a dove with some of Green Arrows gear and arrows, and a yellow canary with a blue jacket, his hopes are shattered. "You're not Green Arrow, or Black Canary." Para-Clone gets rather influctiated with the dove, as he is cute. Kirin just mopes. Anyway, Krypto introduces, "Kirin and Para-Clone, meet Locksley and Gabrielle." Locksley offers his wing, "Nice to meet you." Kirin bends over and shakes hand with wing with him. "You must be Green Arrow's pet I assume?" He replies, "I wouldn't say, pet. I'm more of his partner." "Oh." Kirin smiles with his eyes clothes as he thinks, "He's worse than Ace!" Para-Clone and Gabrielle look over each other. Going around each other, inspecting the other. "So you're Black Canary's pet then?" Gabrielle replies, "Yep. And you're that guy's pet?" He's perferring to Kirin. "Not really. We're more housemates than what you consider me to be just a pet."

Moment later, she grabs Locksley from his conversation with Kirin and in her love look. "Hey handsome." "Umm...You're Para-Clone correct?" She likes that, "Oh...Where have you been all my life?"

Streaky chuckles as Krypto is rather disturbed. "Oh man! She sure fell for him quickly, eh K-Dog?" "I guess so."

Gabrielle pulls Para-Clone off him. "Easy girl. Locksley's already got a girl in his life." "Oh really? Who?" "Me of course. The two of us have been big time partners for as long as we can remember. Ain't that right Krypto?" Krypto studders, "Me? Umm..." "Oh come now. Whenever you're here you can see us together." "Well..." Para-Clone argues, "So what? I bet he would love to have me as his primary partner." Locksley doesn't know what to say, "Well..." Gabrielle argues again, "Look bug eye, I don't know where you going trying to make him your own, but no one is his primary partner but me!" "Oh yeah!?" "Yeah!" The two stare lightning bolts between each other. Streaky's like, "Chick fight!" Kirin asks, "Wouldn't it be a cat fight? They're both girls." "Now that doesn't make sense." Gabrielle tells Para-Clone, "If you want a fight, then meet back here in an hour and we'll see who's best cut out. And believe me, I know my way around more than you." "You're on!" Para-Clone replies, and the two walk off. Krypto tries to stop them, "Wait you two!" Kirin stops him, "Let them go. Once Para-Clone gets like this there's no stopping her." Locksley agrees, "Same with Gabrielle. Now why don't we go to our hideout and we'll go over what I know?" They agree and leave.

Commercial Break...

At the Power Plant..."Master!" A pure white seagull comes in. "What is it?" Asks the large bird in the shadows. "That Para-Clone character is in Star City, right now!" "Hmm...Is that so?" He steps forward, revealing that he is a large purple condor with an old looking face. "I told you she'd come eventually. Now the plan can commence." He turns around toward a bird, who we now see as a stork with a mask covering his face and beak, "You there. Take the new recruit and begin the operation." "Aie guvner." He walks with the seagull away. The condor speaks to himself, "Everything is falling into place..."

Meanwhile, Locksley takes Krypto, Streaky, and Kirin to his hideout. "Here we are." It is full of machines and computers, much to Kirin's amazement. "Wow. For a bird you certainly have a lot of tech." "Well most of this stuff is my partner's." He flutters up to a computer console and presses a few buttons. "Here's what I wanted to tell you about." He brings up a picture of the condor mentioned earlier. "This is Grandor. He is the leader of a secret society of birds known as the Black Talon Society. They're known to be ruthless and cruel, and all have one of their talons painted completely black to show their alligience. They are said to be rivaled against another powerful group of birds, the Five Wings of the Sky." "I remember them." Krypto says. So does Kirin, "Yeah. Four of those guys came just after Para-Clone beat one of them and offered her a spot in their group. They said they had to kick that other guy out. G-Hawk I think it was." Locksley speaks in, "As of now only four members exist within that group. I learned that the member G-Hawk, was in fact a member of the BTS." This sparks interest within the group. "Didn't know that..." Krypto asks, "So tell us more about the Black Talon Society. You mentioned that they were up to something."

Locksley continues, "According to what we were about to find, it seems that the BTS are recruiting strong and powerful birds. Mostly birds of prey. But before I met Gabrielle, she said that she was offered to join too. Of course she was also going undercover. The group didn't seem to be planning anything at that time. But with more sightings of the group in multiple cities, something is going on that could be bad." Streaky remarks, "This sort of thing reminds me of Hatchi and his problem with those super cats." Krypto answers to that, "Well I doubt they would be related. Similar maybe, but not the same." Locksley agrees, "I've been monitoring Boss's actions, and he has absolutely nothing to do with the BTS. Now like the BTS would want any help from outside parties. They despise just about any living creature not one of them." Kirin asks, "So what is it they do exactly?" "The BTS is known for hunting in a group. Like normal predators trying to catch their food, that's what they do. So do the Five Wings of the Sky, but these guys are more aggressive and not very honorable." The guys share looks.

As he continues talking, we see what Para-Clone is doing. She sees a kitten stuck up in a tree. She also spots Gabrielle go up and save it. Para-Clone is moved that Gabrielle is a nice person. Anyway, during this time, Locksley speaks, "Each member has his or her own history as to be in the group. Some because their life was hard and cannot get by without the group. Others because they were treated badly by previous owners who took care of them. But each one is unique in their own way."

We return to seeing them again. "Which is why I have come to a conclusion on what they are doing. Based on the evidence I have recently discovered, such as missing documents from office buildings, machines from several labs, and unexplained disappearances involving birds, it's clear to me that...." He now has a serious look, "They're planning for world domination!" The others are rather shocked by this. Krypto asks, "You sure?" "I haven't been more positive than anything. The way they are constantly gathering powerful birds to join their side is a sure way of knowing that they want to become a more powerful group than the Five Wings of the Sky. G-Hawk wouldn't of been in that group if he wasn't up to status with them."

Meanwhile, Para-Clone and Gabrielle meet in front of the park statue. "So you ready to take me on?" Gabrielle asks. Para-Clone prepares with some feather darts. "Oh it's on." They stare each other down.

Back with the others...Krypto wonders, "If that's true, then G-Hawk must of been an elite within the Black Talon Society." Kirin adds, "And if someone like Para-Clone could beat one like that then..." He gets a scared look in his face, and his eyes. A pan shot of Para-Clone and Gabrielle beginning their fight is shown as he says, "Then their target is Para-Clone!"

To Be Continued...

Comickook

[173]Nov 26, 2006
    Sorry I took a while to respond to this, Isaac, but I DO have to say that this looks like a great start to your story. Definitely plenty of humor and a good build-up to the upcoming action. You're doing a great job and I'll be eagerly awaiting more as soon as time and inspiration allow. :-D

3StarvingArtist

[174]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 10
    *L* Pretty good story here, Isaac. Looks like Kirin is something of a fanboy. I also like Gabrielle and Paraclone's interaction.

Comickook

[175]Dec 5, 2006

Hey there. Just getting the first part of the latest finished story co-written by Catfan1 and myself. This involves the Power Cat and Fire Hound time line's version of the Ultra-Cats and is set three-and-a-half human years from the time frame of the Krypto series (for more information on the Power Cat and Fire Hound time-line's version of the Ultra-Cats, check post 61 of the "Future Animals" thread. Anyway, thanks immensely to Catfan1 for his help on this as usual (and further thanks to Catfan1 for coming up with Power Cat and Fire Hound in the first place) and to KnightMysterio for coming up with the Justice League of Animals, who ARE alluded to in this chapter. And.... without further ado....

Snooky's Dilemma-Part One

A fall day sees Squeaky and Blaze, as Power Cat and Fire Hound, responding to an emergency call. They are accompanied by four clearly super-powered adult cats bearing very strong resemblances to costumed adult versions of Nikki, Ramone, Puff and Bo.

It seems there is a small army of street dogs and cats stirring up a great deal of trouble throughout six separate areas of the city. That wouldn't be THAT big of an emergency except for two details:

The first is that 150 of the stray cats and dogs (split up into six groups of 25) have all underwent a measure of genetic enhancement... as evidenced by the fact that they are all displaying thirty times greater than normal physical prowess. The other thing is that the remaining six of the stray cats and dogs (each is the leader of one of the six groups of attacking strays), in addition to possessing the aforementioned enhanced physical prowess (in fact, they've each had TWICE the amount of genetic enhancement that the other troops did), are also sporting suits of high-tech battle armor (and, even without the armor, their physical prowess would still be sixty times peak species).

It's pretty clear that this is the handiwork of Viola and Horatio, but with Krypto and Streaky busy on a JLAnimals' mission and most of the other major super-animals ALSO similarly occupied, Power Cat and Fire Hound acknowledge that they are just going to have to trust that their newly super-powered old friends are equal to the challenge as the six heroes split up to each tackle a different group. With each of the six heroes taking one armored foe and 25 of the non-armored but still genetically enhanced cats and dogs, the battle is most definitely on. Despite the odds against them, however, the heroes all perform quite admirably.

Power Cat, for example, makes use of his super-strength, super-speed, super-breath, heat vision and flying ability to make short work of his foes (the one sporting high-tech battle armor is packing a Kryptonite ray in the armor, but the experienced super-feline is able to dodge it pretty easily between his aforementioned flying ability and super-speed).

Fire Hound might not have quite the same range of powers as his Kryptonian-powered feline partner and his armored foe is equipped with a freeze ray, but the pyro-powered pooch is a pretty experienced hero in his own right and is able to make maximum use of his fire powers and the maneuverability afforded him by his flying ability to defeat his foes as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Nikki (aka Climate Kitty) isn't anywhere near as experienced with her powers as Squeaky and Blaze are with theirs (she, Ramone, Puff and Bo have only had their super-powers for a couple of weeks), but her danger sense allows her to easily outmaneuver her group of non-armored foes and make very good use of her abilities to control the weather withing her immediate area, shoot out optic freeze beams and forepaw-generated fireballs to make short work of them. And, despite her last foe's armor being provided with temperature regulation systems to protect against both extreme heat and extreme cold, Climate Kitty manages to easily outsmart him with her super-genius intellect and some bits and pieces of anti-armor technology.

Ramone (aka Air Strike) makes good use of his invisibility power, hypersonic flying ability (with his reflexes and thought processes sped up accordingly, laser vision, ability to shoot out forepaw generated whirlwinds AND martial arts skills to easily best his squad of foes (even his armored opponent, who is equipped with laser shielding, wind-compensators and infra-red sighting to see the hero even when he's invisible [Air Strike kayos him with a good super-swift strike in one of his few non-armored areas.... his lower muzzle]) .

Puff (aka Polaris Puss) makes terrific use of his electrical powers to best the 25 non-armored troopers, but the armored foe is insulated enough for the electrical attacks to not be effective. However, despite the fact that the armored foe is also equipped with gravity compensators so that Polaris Puss can't make his foe too heavy to move or so light that one step could end up resulting in a half-mile leap, the feline hero knows that his foe's gravity compensation equipment DOESN'T extend to the roof above him. Thus, by making a good chunk of the roof super-heavy, Polaris Puss manages to drop a load on his armored foe that kayos him despite the armor, but is JUST light enough for the armor to take the vast majority of the impact).

Bo (aka Battleship) makes full use of his super-strength and incredibly tough hide to outlast and overpower the non-armored troopers and his ability to convert his forelegs into rapid-fire artillery cannons to overload his armored opponent's personal force field with rapid-fire twin barrages of "concentration generated" 250-millimeter artillery shells at point-blank range.... which allows the hero his own decisive victory. Despite the Ultra-Cats' victory, however, all of the defeated minions (ESPECIALLY the six that had been augmented by both genetic enhancement AND battle armor) are keeping their mouths tightly shut concerning Viola's involvement, the "Street Sovereigns" clearly still being a well-feared power among Metropolis's street animals.

On the following afternoon, Krypto, Streaky, Squeaky and Blaze are completing a patrol and discussing the latest threat from Mechanikat when they see an odd flashing light on a Metropolis skyscraper.

"Uh... I'm sure it's nothing, guys. Let me check it out," Squeaky says. "I'll do it myself."

Krypto and Streaky exchange a look, but Krypto replies, "Alright, Squeaky, but let us know if you need help."

As Squeaky flies off, Krypto asks Blaze if he knows anything about this, but the firedog shrugs and says he trusts Squeaky (he's known the feline for years after all).

Streaky notes that it's odd that Squeaky often seems to know so much about Mechanikat's plans that it's almost as if he has a secret source.

Power Cat enters a dark parking garage (though he can still see just fine thanks to his enhanced feline night vision) and looks around. A deep voice comes out of the dark and greets him.

The face of the adult Snooky Wookums is revealed in the light. Since that time he met the fan club members as a kitten, Snooky had become a secret confidante of Squeaky and his friends. They were frightened, of course, the first time he returned and and asked to join them for milk and cookies more than three-and-a-half human years ago, but they eventually got used to the alien cat's visits and accepted him. Still, the members agreed it was best not to let Superdog and Supercat in on the secret. After all, Snooky was still the servant of one of their heroes' worst enemies.

As Squeaky steps forward, the two meet in front of a security wall made of lead in case Krypto or Streaky tries to check up on them.

"Greetings fellow Supercat Fan Club member," Snooky says.

"Greetings to you too, Snooky," Squeaky replies.

However, Snooky adds, this is not a social visit. He explains that after a year of dealing with other matters (such getting his claws on some advanced nano-technology that has increased all of his pre-existing cybernetic abilities AT LEAST a hundredfold AND given him some NEW abilities to add to that), Mechanikat had once again set his sights on Earth.

"I really don't want to see any of you guys get hurt," Snooky says sincerely.

Squeaky nods but has to admit to himself he's not entirely sure he trusts his old friend. Snooky is quick to add that he doesn't want to oppose his master, Mechanikat, but he won't let him do anything that would harm Squeaky or the Ultra-Cats.

Squeaky sighs. "Snooky, I don't like this. Why can't you give up this super-villain madness? You know Superdog and Supercat would help you."

Snooky shakes his head and replies truthfully that, while he does appreciate the offer, he thinks it's too late for him to completely change his ways now.

Snooky says he says he knows it's difficult for a heroic type like Squeaky to understand, but his work for Mechanikat actually serves a purpose. "You see, Squeaky, the worlds he has successfully conquered were in chaos from years of war. And, despite his ruthless reputation, Mechanikat generally reserves the lethal measures for his REAL enemies since he wants to CONQUER the universe, not DESTROY it. By bringing order to these worlds, we've actually saved trillions OF trillions of lives."

"At the cost of freedom for those worlds' inhabitants," Squeaky responds firmly.

Now Snooky sighs. "We'll just have to agree to disagree. However, give my respectful regards to your uncle Streaky, Aunt Princess and your little cousins.... without telling them that they're MY regards, naturally." Snooky finishes as he turns to leave. Just outside, Deliah is hiding and smiles smugly. When Mechanikat finds out about this, SHE will be the criminal cat's second in command.

Squeaky greets the Ultra-Cats at their underground headquarters, under the old Superdog/Supercat/Power Cat/Fire Hound fan club building. The complex includes well-kept offices, a high-tech training area and computers with detailed files on all of the world's known animal criminals.

Power Cat tells his fellow heroes they may be in for some rough times. He explains that Snooky told him Mechanikat will try to corner the criminal market on Kryptonite. Nikki and Puff roll their eyes.

"Well, Snooky only said Mechanikat has gotten more POWERFUL than he used to be.... NOT more IMAGINATIVE." Ramone comments.

"And so," says Mechanikat, "With you disguised as Supercat and me as Superdog, everyone will think they've gone bad. Ahahahahaahaha!"

It's all Snooky can do to keep from covering his face in disgust. It had taken enough effort to talk the criminal cat out of that silly Kryptonite idea (fortunately, he did this by playing upon Mechanikat's rather massive ego [i.e. convincing the cosmic cyborg cat that he is powerful enough now where he doesn't NEED Kryptonite to handle Superdog anymore {the worst part is that it actually COULD be ALMOST true now, even if Snooky DID only say it to talk Mechanikat out of the Kryptonite idea}]). His boss's plans have definitely NOT improved over the years, he thinks.

Then unexpectedly, Deliah speaks up. "I have an idea, oh great criminal mastermind. Snooky is such a skilled fighter and weapon master. Why not send him to destroy the Ultra-Cats with our new miniaturized disintegrator ray guns?"

Snooky gulps. "Uhhh... With Deliah's viciousness and strategic ability, perhaps she should have the honor, oh great metallic one."

Mechanikat says he is touched by his underlings' loyalty and has an idea. "It's obvious that you have such great respect for one another. You will work together to destroy the Ultra-Cats AND Power Cat and Firehound."

Deliah is grinning broadly. "Excellent idea, great Mechanikat. I'm sure Snooky looks forward to seeing the demise of our newest enemies," she says. "And remember we will be in video contact with our master so he can observe how we successfully carry out the mission," she adds, sneering at Snooky. "And I will be watching you carefully, Snooky. I'm sure I have so much to learn from you," she adds with just enough sarcasm for Snooky to pick up on while Mechanikat remains oblivious.

Snooky groans. He silently thinks that it would be easy enough to subtly sabotage Deliah and fool Mechanikat into thinking the attempt to eliminate the Ultra-Cats simply failed due to bad luck ("bad-luck-based" failure would result in some severe punishment, admittedly, but he would, at least, have the satisfaction of seeing Deliah in the same boat). However, he ALSO silently realizes that Deliah will be specifically looking for him to try that, just so she'll have a legitimate excuse to eliminate him. Snooky also silently acknowledges that Squeaky and his friends MIGHT be able to handle the attempt against them without him subtly sabotaging Deliah (given that the six of them ARE far from helpless), but he, in turn, would end up truly losing the only real friends he's ever had, even if his gamble DID pay off. And Snooky is well aware that, if he acts against Deliah directly, Mechanikat would then be on to him and, at best, Snooky would lose all usefulness he has to Squeaky and his friends. At worst.... that is something he doesn't even want to consider.

Ultimately, Snooky realizes his best option is to go with option one: subtly sabotaging Deliah and making it look like their failure to eliminate the Ultra-Cats is nothing more than bad luck (while trusting that the Ultra-Cats can handle Deliah before she can lash out against him).

The next day, Krypto and Streaky are away on a mission with the Dog Stars, giving the villains a chance to deal directly with the junior heroes.

A sneering Deliah is toying with Snooky. "You will get first shot at Power Cat, Snooky. Mechanikat will be pleased by your loyalty, I'm sure."

An irritated Snooky is reminded of why he does enjoy being a villain. He won't have to worry about playing by the rules when he turns the tables on her.

"Snooky, let's stage a raid on STAR Labs, that should draw out the fools. Or would you prefer targetting Power Cat's mentor's wife and kittens to get your prey fighting mad in the hopes that he'll be mad enough to get careless before you finish him off?" Deliah says.

Snooky glares and replies coldly: "I have an idea. Deliah. Let's send you out as bait to face the heroes alone. Then I'll come along and destroy the saps."

Deliah smirks. "No, I don't believe I will, Snooky. Someone has to keep an eye on you, after all."

To Be Continued

Edited on 02/03/2007 10:36pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Isaac6356

[176]Dec 5, 2006

Awww crud! I just finished a chapter and just when I was posting it something happens and I lose it! Stupid TV.com for making me have to relog! Now I have to start over. Bah...I'll do it tomorrow.

Very good as always Comickook.

Comickook

[177]Dec 5, 2006

Well, he's part two of "Snooky's Dilemma". There will be a reasonably brief epilogue at the end of this story. Once again, major thanks to Catfan1 and KnightMysterio AND a reminder that this IS set three-and-a-half human years after the time frame of the Krypto series. Incidentally for those of you that are curious, Squeaky's ability to generate a mental energy tiger (shown in this chapter) is a reference to "the Beast In Squeaky"... a story that is in either the first row or the second row in the second "Episode Ideas" thread. and was, in itself, a semi-sequel to "Attack of the Green-Eyed Monster" (a story in the FIRST "Episode Ideas" thread that explains the origin of that ability).  Squeaky's just had six months to develop that ability since then by the time frame of THIS story.

Because of Snooky's warning, Squeaky, Blaze and the Ultra-Cats are on full alert and it doesn't take long for them to see Snooky and Deliah's craft over Metropolis (Deliah tried to use the craft's invisibility device to maintain the element of stealth until they reached S.T.A.R. Labs, but Snooky subtly sabotaged the invisibility device and made it LOOK LIKE [to Mechanikat anyway] Deliah shut off the invisibility field herself with a clumsy gesture).

"Whatever they're up to, we have to stop them now," Squeaky says.

"What about Snooky?," Climate Kitty asks, concern obvious in her voice.

"I hope he knows what he's doing. We'll have to do what we can to keep the city safe," Squeaky replies, also clearly somewhat concerned, but still just as clearly looking at the big picture.

The heroes confront the craft that two Mechanikat agents happen to be employing. "Hold it right there." Squeaky says firmly. A ray blast comes out of the craft, but Squeaky notes that it's an obviously half-hearted (well, obviously to him and the other heroes; NOT to Mechanikat) effort which the heroes are all able to easily dodge.

"Give me those controls,' an angry Deliah snarls. "Your little game is almost up, Snooky, " Deliah snarls, suddenly hitting the ray blasting control, but Snooky 'accidentally' bumps into her and the aim is way off. The heroes all dart out of the way, much to Snooky's relief.

The angry face of Mechanikat comes on the ship's screen. "Deliah! I've had enough of your bungling! One more foul-up and Snooky does this mission solo!"

"Yes, great Mechanikat." Deliah says, gulping nervously and the ship's outer weapons and engines get quickly disabled by the combined efforts of the six heroes before the two Mechanikat agents can get off another shot or fly any further. Deliah and Snooky, however, take to their four-engine jet packs, grabbing their paw-held weapons as they leave their damaged craft. While Squeaky is focusing on using his super-strength to safely guide the damaged craft to the ground, a sneering Deliah is targeting Nikki with her disintegrator ray.

A quick-thinking Snooky, however, while pretending to draw careful aim at the distracted Squeaky, makes subtle use of a pocket mirror to deflect some bright light into Deliah's eyes so that she, instead, ends up hitting only the first engine on her own jet pack.

Angrily, Deliah flies at Snooky while she still has three good engines left on her jet pack... just as Snooky planned. Firing the blast JUST as Deliah hits him, the ray easily misses Power Cat, bounces off a mirror displayed in a department store window (which is what Snooky was REALLY aiming for) and hits another engine on Deliah's jet pack.

Following this, Snooky clubs Deliah over the head with the butt of his disintegrator pistol (since it will look like he's acting in clear-cut self defense now, even Mechanikat isn't going to fault him for doing this at present). Fire Hound and Climate Kitty then use fireballs and a freeze vision blast respectively to take out the two Mechanikat agents' paw held weapons, while Air Strike removes their jet packs and Polaris Puss uses his ability to reduce gravity to cushion the landings of both Snooky and Deliah.

"Give it up. You two are outnumbered and without weapons." Battleship comments, trying to phrase it in a way that will keep Snooky's secret. Snooky is discreetly sending their coordinates to Mechanikat and the two are quickly beamed back aboard their main ship.

Back on the main ship, Deliah is boiling over with rage at this point. "Mechanikat! Isn't it obvious to you that Snooky has betrayed us? He wasn't even trying. Traitor!"

Mechanikat eyes Deliah analytically. "Actually, it seems to me as if you are trying to shift the blame for your failures onto your colleague. You are hereby reduced in rank, but you may have the honor of continuing to work as Snooky's assistant."

Snooky is relieved but then remembers the backup plan.

"Snooky! Prepare to beam down with me to my personal craft. I have been eager to put my enhanced abilities to the test against those foolish Earth heroes."

Snooky nods, inwardly feeling a good deal of dread, but managing to keep this dread from showing on the outside with a good deal of acting skill.

"Go ahead, fool," Deliah thinks. "I'll be right behind you and I'll destroy your friends AND show Mechanikat who the chief agent should be."

As the villains approach, Snooky lands their ship a little more clumsily than usual (albeit in a manner that looks like the slightly clumsy landing is purely the fault of sabotaged engines, so Deliah will once again get the blame [ESPECIALLY if Snooky read Deliah right as he and Mechanikat were leaving]). As a result of the clumsier-than-usual landing, the Ultra-Cats are given enough time to organize their attack.

Mechanikat glares at Snooky and is about to chew out the sky blue-furred cat about the landing, but Snooky is quick to point out "apparent engine sabotage, oh magnificently merciless metallic one."

"Deliah." Mechanikat growls as he and Snooky exit the ship and observe the obvious damage to a few of the craft's engines.

Snooky LOOKS upset, but inwardly, he's glad his ruse of using undetectable time-delay explosives to secretly sabotaging the engines himself for greater authenticity concerning his planned ruse worked. And, since the timing was perfectly coincided with Deliah's accusations, it will get Deliah in deeper with Mechanikat.

Power Cat leads the attack on Mechanikat, but the cosmic feline cyborg's new force field proves strong enough to even resist the combined assault of Squeaky's super-strength, super-speed and heat vision mixed with Blaze's fire blasts and Bo's rapid fire artillery shells.

After a while, the cosmic cat cyborg then drops his force field and unleashes an explosive ray blast from his bionic eyepiece that knocks Squeaky back a good fifty feet (though, thanks to his incredibly tough coat, he's still conscious). Mechanikat then uses his improved jet pack to dodge Blaze's and Bo's attacks before using his boosted strength to use a twenty-ton slab of stone like a baseball bat against Blaze (swatting the pyro powered pooch back quite a good distance, which distracts the recovered Squeaky with the task of checking on his canine friend).

Before Mechanikat can use the stone slab again, however, one of Bo's artillery shells shatters it. However, the feline space villain unleashes a blast from his right wrist super-taser and the cables generate a potent enough shock to Battleship to stun him despite his incredibly tough hide. Power Cat, however, after making sure Fire Hound and Battleship are both all right (they are; they're just temporarily stunned), goes back on the offensive, adding the sonic blast of the super-bad-singing power he got from his uncle AND a mental energy tiger to his combination heat vision/super-strength/super-speed assault.

Snooky, meanwhile, is under clear attack from the just arriving Deliah, as are Nikki, Ramone and Puff (though THEIR attackers are six dozen of Mechanikat's catbots operating under Deliah's control). The villainous alien cat laughs, "Your friend, Snooky, can't help you now and I will show Mechanikat who the most competent agent is. And don't think I haven't taken your numbers and super-powers into account. The fact I brought all those catbots means that I HAVE taken those factors into account."

As Snooky struggles against Deliah, he tries very hard to keep from blowing his secret. "Me? Friends with THOSE do-gooders? Deliah, you couldn't be any more wrong. You're trying to sabotage me simply because you're jealous."

"Go ahead and say that now, Snooky. I'll ring the truth from you before this battle is done.... just before I finish you." Deliah growls as she presses her attack on Snooky, who is narrowly able to dodge as Climate Kitty, Polaris Puss and Air Strike are pre-occupied with the catbots.

As Snooky continues battling it out with Deliah, he makes a conscious attempt to help Nikki, Puff and Ramone WITHOUT it looking like he's trying to help them (in fact, he's trying to make it look like DELIAH is the one helping the heroes). During the battle, Snooky secretly tampers with the villainess's remote control unit so that the catbots his super-hero friends haven't already taken care of (all two dozen of the remainders), instead, begin targetting Mechanikat while HE'S occupied with Power Cat (just as Polaris Puss and Air Strike are also targeting Mechanikat [Climate Kitty decides to help Snooky out {being careful to do it in a way that makes sure Snooky's secret stays secret to Mechanikat}]).

Between the onslaught of three heroes (Fire Hound and Battleship are still recovering from Mechanikat's earlier attacks, but they are starting to slowly stir back to consciousness) and two dozen catbots, Mechanikat has plenty on his plate to keep him busy... even WITH his augmentations (though he IS holding his own pretty well). Growling fiercely, Mechanikat can't resist commenting that Deliah will pay for letting her jealousy of Snooky lead her to try to sabotage the mission.

While trying to dodge Climate Kitty's fireballs and freeze vision blasts (though NOT Snooky's sucker-uppercut, which the sky blue cat gets in while the villainess isn't looking [it isn't enough to knock her out, but it does send her flying back a couple of feet]), Deliah is snarling/yelling "THAT'S RIGHT, MISSY! PROVE THAT SNOOKY IS IN LEAGUE WITH YOU!!"

"You are delusional, Deliah. I'm a heroine. That means I help ANYONE who needs it... even slime like Snooky." Climate Kitty says, only managing to hide her disgust at actually saying the last part with a great deal of acting skill, as she uses her weather control powers to cook up a VERY localized storm which SEEMS to be aimed at both Mechanikat lackies (but Snooky is A LOT less hindered by it).

Though he, with a good measure of acting skill of his own, manages to refrain from outwardly showing it, Snooky is inwardly hurt VERY briefly AT FIRST by Nikki's comment. He quickly calms down, though, after realizing that she is just acting herself to help him keep his secret from Mechanikat.

"This is it, Snooky," Deliah comments coldly as Mechanikat is still occupied in battle with Squeaky, Blaze, Ramone, Puff, Bo and the last three of the Catbots Deliah brought (but Snooky took secret control of), "I brought along my new improved, miniaturized disintegrator. Even your pal Power Cat has no chance against it," she says, pulling out the aforementioned weapon and trying to aim it at Snooky and Nikki. Snooky sneers in response.

"Actually, THIS is what I'VE been waiting for, Deliah. About those gloves you're wearing with your uniform, you may find they have a mind of their own," Snooky says as he takes out his wiggle worm remote control and presses a button. Deliah can only watch in horror as her gloves shift the blaster's aim away from Snooky and Nikki and she, unable the control the finger lying over her blaster, begins firing at Mechanikat and the Ultra-Cats, warned by Nikki's "Fire in the Hole" warning, quickly scatter out of the way.

Mechanikat dodges most of the blasts, but his force field, the last three catbots and all of his weapons except for his energy claws and the explosive ray in his eyepiece (one of which he can't get in close enough to use and the other he's not being given TIME to use) are each instantly taken out upon impact.. The villainous cat begins swearing vengeance on Deliah as he is forced to retreat (his nano-tech enhancements may include a self-repairing ability along with the other improvements to his cybernetics, but that doesn't exactly do much good if he's disintegrated).

Snooky rushes to his aid, though. "Do not worry, oh great valorous one," he says, as he pushes a button that self-destructs Deliah's weapon and then beams both him and Mechanikat to their ship.

Deliah, however, is not so fortunate as she finds herself surrounded by Power Cat, Fire Hound, Climate Kitty, Air Strike, Polaris Puss AND Battleship and, without her weapons, is easily overpowered despite her respectable fighting skills.

To Be Concluded

Edited on 01/15/2007 12:12pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Comickook

[178]Dec 5, 2006

Well, here it is. The epilogue to "Snooky's Dilemma". Once more, major thanks to Catfan1 and KnightMysterio. Plus, as I said, this IS set three-and-a-half years after the time frame of the Krypto series. For more information on the Power Cat and Fire Hound time line's version of the Ultra-Cats, check post 61 of the "Future Animals" thread. Well, without further adu...

Fifteen minutes after their escape, Mechanikat's self-repairing nano-technology has done its work on the systems that got damaged by Deliah's disintegrator. After a few quick tests of Mechanikat's repaired weapons' systems, he and Snooky are planning their next move.

"It is most regretful that Deliah escaped my punishment but I am sure we can find a much better agent to replace her," the evil feline warlord says.

"Yes, oh magnificent long-tailed one," Snooky replies. "And I have our next conquest mapped out."

"Excellent idea, Snooky. While the Ultra-Cats provided us with a good workout, it is evident we could conquer Earth anytime, but this uncivilized planet circling Alpha Centauri is a much greater challenge for my talents and we may find resources to aid in our future conquests," Mechanikat says. Snooky nods, but, inwardly, he wishes he'd had a chance to say farewell to his friends back on Earth.

Soon afterwards, after the Ultra-Cats return to their headquarters following their turning Deliah over to Metropolis Animal Control (unaware that the now former Mechanikat agent escapes from Animal Control just five minutes after she gets turned over to them), they start to talk about how they are wondering if they'll ever see Snooky again.

"Oh, I think you guys will be hearing from Snooky again all too quickly." Krypto's voice calls out, the super-dog clearly back from his Dog Stars' mission against Manxmillion and his forces.... as is Streaky.

Upon the six younger heroes' half-surprised/half-worried looks, the Kryptonian canine puts in that "Well, super-villains ARE extremely persistent, after all."

"And you guys did a terrific job against Mechanikat and his forces today, even if you DID have some... unexpected help" Streaky adds just after the six younger heroes all nod at Krypto's comment.

As the six members of the Ultra-Cats team start to exchange nervous glances again, the elder super-cat quickly puts in "I mean, because Deliah got a little too ambitious and decided to double-cross Mechanikat, right?"

"Well, yeah. That IS right, Uncle Streaky." Squeaky says with a nod (inwardly sighing with relief).

Eventually, after some conversation between the senior and junior heroes, Krypto and Streaky take their leave.

"So, K-Dog, when are we going to tell them that we already know about Snooky being their secret informant?" Streaky asks his canine partner in a quiet tone once they are our of the range of Squeaky's super-hearing.

"When THEY feel ready to tell US, Streaky. They aren't kittens anymore (or a puppy anymore in Blaze's case) and we need to respect their judgement on those matters." Krypto answers.

"If you say so, K-Dog. Still, speaking of kittens, I'd better head for home and provide Princess with some relief. I'm sure the kittens have probably been running her ragged back home." Streaky says as he flies home.

In an alley on Earth, a snarling Deliah, having just escaped from animal control almost immediately after getting sent there by the Ultra-Cats, is swearing revenge on the aforementioned heroes and Snooky.

"Yes, Snooky, I will seek out other enemies of Earth's heroes and let them know of your traitorous ways. The time will come when you will pay for your treachery," she says.

"What are YOU doing on OUR turf, Goldie? I thought I already told Mechanikat AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES that I WASN'T interested in signing on as an agent of his organization. And my answer still hasn't changed from the last time he asked me a little over one human year ago. Horatio and I work for nobody but ourselves." Viola Belle's upset voice calls out, calling the former Mechanikat's agent's attention to the super-powered stray cat and her canine cohort, Horatio.

Deliah; inwardly glad for the stroke of luck of having a chance encounter with two fellow super-villain animals WHILE she was trying to hide out so soon after her escape; smiles coldly, "I no longer work for that mechanical moron, but perhaps we could come to an understanding."

Viola Belle looks on skeptically, but listens as Deliah explains her plan for revenge against the Ultra-Cats.

The End... For Now

Edited on 12/05/2006 9:07pm

Isaac6356

[179]Dec 6, 2006

Again, very good work as always Comickook. And now here's my second attempt of getting this chapter up without something stupid happening. Again, thanks for letting me use your characters Comickook.

Star City Rumble! The Evil Talon Creeps Forward!

At the park, the fight between Para-Clone and Gabrielle has now begun. Para-Clone throws many feather darts at such a fast pace. However, Gabrielle is so quick on her feet, she barely has to move to avoid the attacks. But Para-Clone keeps throwing and moving at the same time. It's like watching a dance between the two. "Careful now!" Gabrielle says while dodging the feathers, "You could end up going bald!" Para-Clone replies while throwing feathers, "I can never run out of feathers! I can always produce more!" She throws one really hard and it scaves Gabrielle's chin a bit. Now serious, she gets tense as Para-Clone throws one at her again. Gabrielle then unleashes one of her Sonic Chirp blasts, which catch Para-Clone off guard, sending the attack right back and knocking Para-Clone down. "Woah! You really are Black Canary's pet. Your attack patterns are equally alike!" "Well we do have a bit of a different attack pattern. But I guess you can say we're alike. One thing different about us..." She disappears in a blink of an eye and reappears to punch Para-Clone in the chin, into the air. She shrugs it off of course as Gabrielle finishes, "I'm a lot faster than her. And I can really throw a punch here and there." "Oh really? But can you do this?" She begins to multiply clones of herself, until she surrounds Gabrielle. They say at the same time, "Bet you weren't expecting that!" They all take out feather darts and throw them at the same time. Gabrielle leaps into the air, as the clones begin to go after her. Off in the distance, the masked stork and pure white seagull watch them. "Can we go after them now?" Asks the seagull. "Patience lad. We'll strike when they tire themselves out. After all, we don't need any resistance from this lot."

Meanwhile, elsewhere, Krypto and gang arrive back in the city. "Alright guys, let's split up from here." Streaky asks, "Why? We're just heading for the park right?" "But they probably won't be there when we arrive." Kirin agrees, "He's right. Para-Clone doesn't really tend to stay in one spot during a fight." "Yeah." Locksley too agrees, "Gabrielle is just like that." Krypto adds, "It'll be better if we cover more ground. If anyone finds them, bring them back to the hideout." Locksley adds, "There's a small spotlight switch you can pull to call us when you have found the girls. So we'll all meet back there, got it?" They all nod, and they split up.

Krypto takes to the air and begins to use his Super Vision, to see if they had gone inside a building. Locksley begins flying toward places where he might find Gabrielle, such as the Star City Stadium. Streaky, well, he finds a small fish market. "Sweet! A little snack will make things go a lot smoother." He goes down to go eat. Kirin runs past several buildings, including a bank robbery. He stops after seeing something interesting. "Oooh." He goes over to check it out.

Back with the girls, they continue to fight. Now they are fist, or wing rather, fighting each other. They are throwing punches, kicks, and pecks at each other. While at the same time running around the tops of buildings. Para-Clone throws more feathers, and Gabrielle Sonic Chirps. Leaving a small trail of destruction in their path. Gabrielle gets knocked down by one of Para-Clone's punches, but rebounds and knocks her down to the ground. "You throw punches like a little chickling." Para-Clone slips away and kicks her upward, "You fight like a little chickling!" They continue fighting in the clouds above the city. Their ferocity is so intense, that it's like watching lightning crash down. They get into a gridlock. "Give it up! I've been Locksley's partner for a long time, so I know a lot more about him than you do!" Para-Clone replies, "Well move over, cause this gal's gonna take the spotlight now!" They back off for a moment. Then they charge at each other, as a bolt of lightning strikes in the background. One of them, in a ball of smoke falls toward the ground, where the harbor is. It is Gabrielle. Para-Clone lands on the ground. She goes in for another attack, but Gabrielle blows her into some boxes with another chirp. Para-Clone gets out and begins to go at her again.

We see their shadows fight for awhile, and after awhile they come to a stalemate, as they are both tired and exhausted. "Is that all you got?" Gabrielle is near collapsing. "You kidding? I could go all day!" But let's face it, they both fall down, next to each other. "Wanna just call a draw?" Gabrielle asks. "Okay." "You know...You're pretty good, for a newbie." "Watch it sister, I have plenty of fight in me." Just then, a gust of wind begins blowing in, and they become frozen to the ground. Their lower halfs are frozen in solid ice, leaving just their heads. "Hey! I can't move!" Gabrielle tries to break free, "What is this?" The seagull from earlier comes in, "Well well well. It looks like you've been iced."

Commercial Break...

Back with Locksley, he comes into a dark alley where a dog and cat are fighting over some food. Locksley interrupts by asking, "Excuse me." They ignore him. After enough tolerance, he shoots an arrow at the food between them, stopping them and now acting scared toward him, as he aims another arrow at them. "Now, have either of you seen my partner, Gabrielle anywhere?" They shake their heads, as they haven't. "Pity." He aims higher and fires away. The arrow bounces off the walls and hits a box, revealing a lot of leftover food. The two strays go for it without fighting. "Next time, try looking in the box."

On Krypto's side, he is using Super Vision and still can't find anything. "They don't seem to be anywhere." He lands on the ground in an alley, and a ball bounces next to him. "Excuse us sir." Some puppies appear. "Can we have our ball back?" Krypto smiles, "Sure." He passes it back to them. Then, a big mean bull dog appears. "Hey you mutts." The puppies act scared as he takes the ball away. He laughs greedily. Krypto goes over to him and knocks him hard in the head, causing him to drop the ball. "Ooogh." The bull dog runs away. The puppies cheer for Krypto. And on Kirin's half, he is waving good bye to someone, while holding his Signature Book in one hand. "Thanks again!" He looks in his book and finds the signatures for Green Arrow and Black Canary. "Heh. Score one for the Element."

Streaky is now flying in the sky again after filling his belly, "Ah. Star City certainly knows how to cook a mean fish. Now to find those girls." He uses Super Vision toward the harbor and spots them, "There they are! Boy that was quick. Go me!" He bolts on over. Without any consideration toward their situation he begins talking, "Hey girls! Glad to finally find you. We've been looking for you all throughout the city. I mean I thought to find you in the park, but you girls take your fight so seriously, you take it everywhere..." As he talks, they just look at him until they both yell, "Just get us free!" "Oh! Sorry. But hey, how'd you get frozen in the first place?" They yell again, "Ask him!"

Streaky looks forward and sees the seagull, who is rather confused as to what this guy is. "Say uh...Do you know how these two got frozen?" The seagull replies, "Hmm...I dunno...Maybe it's because I froze them there!? Geez, are all mammals this stupid?" Streaky is offended, "Hey! Just who do you think you are calling me stupid!?" "My name is Igull. Master of all things cold and icy." Streaky sees one of his talons is black. "Hey, you must be one of those Black Talon Society guys, you have that black talon, just like that G-Hawk guy." "So you've heard of us. Not many mammals do." Para-Clone asks, "What's this about, and G-Hawk?" Gabrielle explains, "The Black Talon Society is a group of predatorial birds who are rivaled with the Five Wings of the Sky. We've been tracking them for awhile now in case they try something. And it seems that they are up to something." "Right you are my duckies." The stork steps in.

Igull says, "Drill Beak, is it alright if I freeze the mammal now? I'm sure he'll make a nice meal for Grandor!" He replies, "Now now lad. Let's not overdo things. Besides, he's more worthy of a catsicle than a meal." Streaky is offended again, "Hey!" "But enough of this foolishness. Igull, I leave things in your talons, while we escort the girls to the master." Streaky is confused, "We?" A hole appears underneath the girls and they fall in. They are now in a net, being carried away by a swallow with blue lightning strips on his wings, "Let's get going Drill Beak!" Streaky shouts, "Oh no you don't!" But he gets blocked by Igull, "Hold it kitty!" Drill Beak and the swallow get away. "Out of my way! Don't make me have to hurt you!" Streaky shouts. "Ha! You and what army? Bring it on, kitty!" The two square off for a fight.

To Be Continued...

And now..back by popular demand it's time for...Krypto Cup! Golden!

Kirin arrives at the bank robbery scene just as Green Arrow and Black Canary finishes up things. "Oh my gosh! It's really you! Green Arrow and Black Canary!" Green Arrow replies, "Yeah it's us. And you are?" "I'm the Element. You might know me from Metropolis. I'm one of Superman's friends. Will you sign my signature book?" He holds it out, "Sure." He signs his name and hands it to Black Canary. "So, doing anything in particular?" He asks. "Nope. I'm not doing anything in particular." Green Arrow replies, "Other than collecting autographs for your little book? Heh heh." Kirin freaks, "It's not an Autograph Book!"

Edited on 12/06/2006 7:45pm

Comickook

[180]Dec 7, 2006
    Yeeowch. That was one good fight scene... and some amusing extra scenes. I'm definitely going to eagerly await the next installment of this tale. After all, Streaky and Igull can both fly, Streaky's heat vision and Igull's cold powers could at least cancel each other out, and Streaky has super-speed, super-strength and super-breath, so that should be enough to AT LEAST give Igull an EXTREMELY good fight.... VERY possibly even DEFEAT the bird on his own (though, admittedly, probably not easily).... as long as he keeps focused. :-D