Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Future Animals

Comickook

[61]Dec 4, 2005
    • level: 9

Names: Climate Kitty (aka Nikki), Air Strike (aka Ramone), Polaris Puss (aka Puff) and Battleship (aka Bo) aka the Ultra-Cats (the version of the group from the Squeaky and Blaze as Power Cat and Fire Hound timeline)

Species: Cats (all four)

Abilities:

Climate Kitty has the abilities to shoot powerful fireballs from her front paws and  powerful freeze-beams from her eyes plus she possesses an immunity to temperature extremes AND the power to completely control the weather within her immediate area. She also has a super-genius intellect, the ability to accurately sense incoming danger up to ten seconds in advance (but not what SPECIFIC KIND of danger) and a high enough level of leadership skill where she is the unquestioned leader of the Ultra-Cats when Power Cat and Fire Hound themselves aren't around.

Air Strike can fly at hypersonic speeds (top speed: 9600 miles per hour) and possesses highly accelerated reflexes and thought processes (his reflexes and thought processes are 9600 times faster than peak feline), the ability to shoot powerful whirlwind blasts from his front paws, the power of invisibility and laser vision (powerful enough to melt or cut through solid steel up to twelve feet thick). He is also highly skilled in various forms of unarmed combat, skills he learned from Ace the Bat Hound long before Air Strike got his powers.

Polaris Puss possesses the ability to weaken or strengthen gravity around any two areas within his line of sight at a time up to 500 fold for up to a half-hour at a time as well as the ability to absorb massive amounts of electricity into his own body and manipulate the absorbed electricity for a variety of effects (such as power zaps, personal strength increases [up to 500fold], flight, force fields and limited range control over electrically powered machines. Of course, he can't use his gravity-manipulating powers at the same time as his electricity absorbing/redirecting powers (since the gravity-manipulating powers by themselves require a lot of concentration). Also, when he's carrying an electrical charge, he has three further major weakneesses; 1. a definite water weakness 2. the fact that his electrical powers have little to no effect on any material that's naturally resistant to electricity (plastic, rubber, glass or wood, for example) and 3. the more elaborate the uses of his electrical powers, the more concentration the uses require and the quicker he uses up his charge.

Battleship possesses 4000 times greater than peak feline strength, a hide as tough as four feet of solid steel and the ability to morph his front paws into artillery cannons capable of firing menally-generated 250-millimeter shells at a rapid rate depending on how long he can maintain his concentration, but using the last power also greatly increases his vulnerability to magnetism  while it is in use.

Background: These four kittenhood friends of Squeaky and Blaze were once merely ordinary cats who co-chaired the Superdog/Supercat/Power Cat/Fire Hound fan club until one fateful day when they were bearing witness to part of a tremendous battle pitting Squeaky (aka Power Cat) and Blaze (aka Fire Hound) against a 60-foot robot powered by an only recently discovered radioactive material of immense power (I say only "part of a tremendous battle" because Squeaky and Blaze were trying very hard to lead the battle away from populated areas).   Eventually, the heroes managed to defeat the giant robot in an area well away from innocent bystanders, but not before the robot unleashed a massive energy beam that Squeaky and Blaze were only narrowly able to dodge. The beam shot out into space and bounced off the reflective panels of some satellites before the beam ended up nailing the four fan club co-chairs before Squeaky and Blaze were able to do anything about it.   Frantically checking on their childhood friends, the two super-animals descovered that Nikki, Ramone, Puff and Bo now all had super-powers of their own as a freak result of the beam. Indeed, these were powers Squeaky and Blaze felt they had to teach their friends how to use responsibly just as Krypto and Streaky did for THEM when they were first starting out.    On one of their first missions, the team ended up in battle against a familiar opponent, Snooky Wookums (a secret source of information for Squeaky,  as he still felt enough of a bond with the fan club members to occasionally help them) who was conflicted that  the cats he considered his friends were now a potential threat to his boss. Snooky was not willing to publicly defy Mechanikat and ended up facing off against his old friends, leading to very mixed feelings on both sides. Snooky also had a major crush on Nikki and was disappointed that Climate Kitty refused to leave her friends and join him in working for Mechanikat. However, it's those same feelings for Nikki, combined with the knowledge that Squeaky and company treated him far better than Mechanikat ever did that convinced him to give somewhat less than his all during the fight  and continue leak out information to the heroes when one of Mechanikat's schemes poses a clear threat to the Earth even after the fight.

Personalities:

Climate Kitty is a warm and caring cat who is a touch flirtatious with her teammates (but she never takes it beyond flirting with any of them and this is usually just to playfully annoy Snooky, who she still has feelings for even though she's too embarrassed to openly admit it), but is still a natural leader who knows how to be serious in an emergency.

Air Strike has a bit of a tough guy attitude and something of a temper sometimes, but he DOES have a very good heart and a tremendous sense of responsibility.

Polaris Puss can occasionally come off as a bit of a show-off and is even a touch on the cocky and womanizing side when there isn't an emergency, but he is definitely a quick-thinking, highly resourceful hero who can definitely be counted on to come through in a tough spot and a fiecely loyal friend and teammate to Power Cat, Fire Hound and the other members of the Ultra Cats.

Battleship is always eager for some action and gets a touch paranoid whenever things get too quiet for too long, but he does have a geniune interest in helping out those in trouble, a major soft spot for orphaned kittens and puppies and a very strong sense of loyalty to his teammates (especially Nikki, whom he seems to have a slight crush on, much to Snooky's annoyance).    

Descriptions:

Nikki as an adult is a well-conditioned looking female cat with fur that is mostly grey with patches of black. As Climate Kitty, she wears an ice blue full-face mask, a golden yellow cape with a crimson lining and a medium green collar with a silver tag on it. The tag has a flame red "C". and an ice blue "K" infringed on it.

Ramone as an adult is a mostly dark brown furred male cat with black stripes. As Air Strike, he wears a sky blue domino mask with a matching collar. The collar has a white tornado-shaped tag on it.

Puff as an adult is an all white male cat. As Polaris Puss, he wears a royal purple helmet with a white visor, an electric blue cape and a bright silver collar. The collar has a golden yellow tag with one royal purple "P" infringed on one side, one electric blue "P" infringed on the other side and a bright silver lightning bolt infringed in the middle.

Bo is a mostly yellow furred male cat with white fur on his paws and belly fur. As Battleship, he wears a black full-face mask, a battleship grey cape with a black lining and a battleship grey collar. The collar has a black battleship-shaped tag on it.

Amount of time in the future: Three-and-a-half human years.    

Edited on 10/21/2006 1:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Comickook

[62]Dec 18, 2005
    Don't mind me. Just trying to keep this going until somebody comes up with another idea.

Comickook

[63]Dec 31, 2005
    Again, just trying to keep this going until somebody can come up with some more ideas for this.

3StarvingArtist

[64]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 10
    Comickook wrote:
    Again, just trying to keep this going until somebody can come up with some more ideas for this.

Trying to work on some new future-based chars right now. Hopefully I can get their profiles up here soon.

Comickook

[65]Jan 20, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:

Trying to work on some new future-based chars right now. Hopefully I can get their profiles up here soon.

Yeah. I understand, my friend. Thanks a great deal.

Mammal_Mage

[66]Jan 20, 2006
    • level: 24
    i was walking around thinking of animal counterparts for the independet super heros and villains(the ones that aren't owned by DC or Marval), and here's one of what i got.

Name: Ryu

species: dog(Akita)

powers: can turn into a dragon at will. in this form, he can fly, breath fire, has enhanced strength and agility. his powers get canceled out at the presants of sphinx hair.

personality: a little stubberin, thinks he can take on the world.

discription: as a dog, white. as a dragon, green scales, yellow under belly, and has large leather wings.

Comickook

[67]Jan 21, 2006
    Here's one for a future character in the KWLS-verse. And I have to thank dcfan1 for reminding me of this character's inspiration. (embarrassed grin) Sorry about the unintended slight, dcfan1.

Name: Slippo, the Phantom Pooch

Species: Half-Kryptonian canine, Half-mutant mixed breed canine (male)

Abilities: Can turn invisible and/or intangible at will; Can fly AND has super-speed whether in solid OR phantom form; Possesses a decided measure of super-strength as well as a super-tough coat when in solid form; Has the ability to mentally manipulate the elements of earth and air with a range of 100 yards. Unfortunately, Slippo IS vulnerable to Kryptonite in solid form and, while he might be able to safely be near it in PHANTOM form, he can't actually touch it in this form, so he has to rely on careful usage of his earth and air control powers in order to move the substance. In addition, Slippo loses his super-strength, flying ability, super-speed and super-tough coat with exposure to red sun radiation or gravity at least as heavy as Krypton's. Slippo is also vulnerable to magic in either solid OR phantom form (phantom form only protects him from physical attacks)

Background: One of the four pups in the first litter of KWLS-verse Krypto and Rosie and the first of the pups to develop super-powers (based on the mixture of his mother's mutant powers and his father's Kryptonian abilities [as well as powers based on the invisibility this Krypto once had {see the "Apollo" profile on the "Alternate Universe characters" thread}]). This puppy came to be called "Slippo" because of a partial pun by Robby concerning the pup's father AND because of the pup's tendency to slip along on his father's adventures with Lightning despite BOTH heroes warning him constantly that it was too dangerous for a pup... even WITH super-powers.

Eventually, Slippo went on to help Lightning and Krypto (and sometimes Lenny and Sparky as well [see Lenny's profile on the "Alternate Universe Characters" thread]) on quite a few adventures. This was especially true when Slippo had the help with the help of Lightning's first born son, Zeus (more on him later); who has also made a habit of tagging along with his dad on some of the older heroes' more dangerous adventures. Eventually, though, Zeus and Slippo would even end up sharing adventures all to themselves as full-fledged heroes in their own right.

Personality: Highly stubborn, but very good-hearted; Is actually a pretty friendly and energetic dog, but knows how to be serious in an emergency. In fact, he much more closely resembles the standard Kryptoverse Krypto than his father in terms of personality.

Desciption: Resembles your standard well-conditioned domestic dog with rose red fur coloring except for patches of white on his paws and ears. He wears a light blue collar and, when in action, wears a silver, ghost-shaped tag with a midnight blue "'P'" on it as well as a medium green Batmanx inspired mask and cape.

Amount of Time in the Future: Three years.

Edited on 01/22/2006 9:41am
    Edited 3 total times.

dcfan1

[68]Jan 22, 2006
    Isn't that just like Sneaky?

dcfan1 wrote:
    Name: Sneaky the Invisible Kitten

Species: Cat

Number of Years: 3

Abilities/Equipment: Sneaky has the power to become invisible and intangable at any given moment. He also has the power to jump against walls just like Batman/Bat-Hound.

Background: Sneaky was one of Streaky and Princess's kittens, who was only one out of two kittens that developed superpowers. When Krypto and Streaky noticed one kitten was missing, and then the same cat reappeared, they found out they had a cat with invisible powers. It was very useful when they were caught in a bad situation. (Explained in Episode Ideas II once I makeup a story for it) One year later, he joined the League of Supercats.

Personality: Sort of like Squeaky's.

Edited General Description: Orange Kitten with 2 Streaks.
    Edited on 01/22/2006 8:05am

Comickook

[69]Jan 22, 2006
    dcfan1 wrote:
    Isn't that just like Sneaky?

dcfan1 wrote:
    Name: Sneaky the Invisible Kitten

Species: Cat

Number of Years: 3

Abilities/Equipment: Sneaky has the power to become invisible and intangable at any given moment. He also has the power to jump against walls just like Batman/Bat-Hound.

Background: Sneaky was one of Streaky and Princess's kittens, who was only one out of two kittens that developed superpowers. When Krypto and Streaky noticed one kitten was missing, and then the same cat reappeared, they found out they had a cat with invisible powers. It was very useful when they were caught in a bad situation. (Explained in Episode Ideas II once I makeup a story for it) One year later, he joined the League of Supercats.

Personality: Sort of like Squeaky's.

Edited General Description: Orange Kitten with 2 Streaks.

Actually, Slippo WAS kind of inspired by Sneaky. In fact he's Sneaky's KWLS-verse counterpart in a sense... hence the similarities. Sorry I didn't give you credit, my friend.
    Edited on 01/22/2006 8:34am

catfan1

[70]Jan 22, 2006
    • level: 17

Actually, Slippo WAS kind of inspired by Sneaky. In fact he's Sneaky's KWLS-verse counterpart in a sense... hence the similarities. Sorry I didn't give you credit, my friend. [/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the way you built on the previously-created characters to come up with that, Comickook. I'm looking forward to learning more about Zeus.
    I'll have to come up with more information on Sparky some time.
    Edited on 01/22/2006 10:17am

Comickook

[71]Jan 22, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:

Actually, Slippo WAS kind of inspired by Sneaky. In fact he's Sneaky's KWLS-verse counterpart in a sense... hence the similarities. Sorry I didn't give you credit, my friend.

I enjoyed the way you built on the previously-created characters to come up with that, Comickook. I'm looking forward to learning more about Zeus.
    I'll have to come up with more information on Sparky some time.[/QUOTE]

Quite all right, catfan1. I just hope dcfan1 doesn't take any offense to my explanation and accepts my earlier apology.

Anyway, on to a previously mentioned KWLS-verse future character I was going to get to.

Name: Zeus aka Hypercat

Species: Mixed breed cat.

Abilities: Possesses the full range of super-powers his father, Lightning the Supercat, possesses after exposure to X-Kryptonite, though, as a beneficial side effect of the mystic energies he inherited from his mother, Zeus possesses those abilities at a five times greater level and HIS powers don't require recharging. Also, Zeus possesses the ability to telepathically communicate with up to ten others at a time within a range of 500 yards (as long as it's voluntarily on the parts of those he's trying to communicate with) and mentally sense when mystic forces are at work nearby and he is even immune to most conventional forms of mind control AND illusion-based attacks. Because of his mystic blood, Zeus has a five times higher resistance to magical attacks than his father (though he STILL isn't immune to it). Also, in addition to being immune to red sun radiation and standard forms of Kryptonite (though he can still be rendered immobile by strong enough gravity), Zeus ALSO has enough of a resistance to Kryptonite-Plus (the specially formulated super-potent variety of Kryptonite created by Apollo that can even harm somebody augmented by X-Kryptonite) where the worst the substance will do to him is temporarily weaken him down to the power level of a normal cat his size, age and level of physical conditioning. Even without super-powers, Zeus is a very quick, agile, tough and clever cat who should not be underestimated.

Background: The first born on Lightning and Empress's (see "Empress's" profile in the "Alternate Universe Characters" thread) kittens, this super-feline named Zeus possesses considerable abilities based primarily on his father's X-Kryptonite-induced powers, but with decided traces of his mother's mystic blood (as opposed to most of his siblings, whose powers more closely resemble their mother's) which make Zeus's powers permanent and quintuple-strength compared to those of his father.

Yet, despite these advantages, Lightning didn't want any of his kids running the risk of getting themselves hurt trying to help fight crime, so he seriously frowned on Zeus's efforts to tag along on his and Krypto's adventures. His father's refusals did NOT deter the super-willful Zeus in the slightest, however. In fact, he and Krypto's first-born, Slippo, not only went on to assist their dads (as well as Zeus's cousin Lenny and HIS pal Sparky), but also went on to have adventures all their own, becoming a highly regarded team in their own right.

Personality: A lot like Lightning's; Serious, stubborn and intelligent, but also courageous and good-hearted; but the prime difference between Lightning and Zeus (apart from Zeus being more powerful obviously) is that neither Zeus nor Slippo is the sidekick of the other; they both readily acknowledge that theirs is a completely equal partnership.

Description: Zeus's body type is identical to Lightning's except that his main body fur is silver rather than orange. He wears a medium purple collar and, when in action as Hypercat, a stylized golden yellow cape and crimson triangular tag. The tag has an golden yellow "H" infringed on it and the cape has a crimson red "H" infringed on the back.

Amount of Time in the Future: Three human years.

3StarvingArtist

[72]Mar 17, 2006

Don't mind me folks, just adding the final touches. Basically, the Insidous Three here are mutated farm animals with an axe to grind against humanity. I figure someone might like to use them as villains. The trio hails from Powercat and Firehound's timeline.

Name: Nero.

Species: Yorkshire pig.

Abilities/Equipment: Nero has several mental-based abilities. This includes a mind-draining ability, which allows him to rob his victim of their intelligence and usually leaves them in a weakened state (though, fortunately, the person’s own intelligence usually returns to normal an hour or so after the process, even if Nero DOES at least permanently retain a trace amount of added intelligence for the effort). Also, by maintaining eye contact with a target for at least twelve minutes, he can induce irrational fear in them. However, his mind drain and fear-induction powers require him to be in relatively close proximity to his intended targets. Thanks to his mind-draining ability, Nero has genius-level intelligence, and can create advanced tech and weaponry just by salvaging ordinary machinery and such lying around. Having powerful telekinetic abilities helps him with this, and with his telekinesis, he is capable of lifting up to half a ton in a 50 ft. range. He creates most of the trio’s equipment. Finally, he is a mid-level pyrokinetic, meaning that he can start and control fires with his mind. However, this requires intense concentration from him, and usually takes a lot out of him.

Personality: Nero is the true brains of the lot, thereby making him de-facto leader. He often acts as referee between Marco and Thunder if they start arguing. However, his true potential is limited by his laziness. He would also be more of a threat to the heroes if he didn’t have such a noticeable weakness for food – anything edible could potentially distract him from the task at hand (even Streaky has more self-control than this pig). While Nero can fight if he must and is not a coward, he prefers to leave the dirty work up to the other two (he isn’t as good a combatant as Thunder and Marco are either) and handle operations from behind the scenes. He honestly believes his intelligence makes him superior to other creatures.

Description: Nero looks like a regular Yorkshire boar, except for a darker flesh-colored flare marking on his forehead.

Voice: Maurice Le Marche.

Name: Marco.

Species: Merino ram.

Abilities/Equipment: Marco not only possesses a super-hard skull and horns (much like Bull Dog), but can also unleash a powerful kinetic pulse wave capable of moving and destroying loose objects (chairs, trashcans, etc.) or totally wrecking objects up to the size of a Hummer. The repeatability of his kinetic power depends on the number of times it's used (in other words, using it repeatedly for half an hour or more would exhaust him). He is also skilled in several combat styles.

Personality: Aggressive and hardheaded (literally as well as figuratively), Marco is the probably most warlike, but can be easily goaded into loosing his cool with a few well-placed insults, thereby causing him to make more mistakes he wouldn’t otherwise normally make. Strategy is not his strong suit, so the other two leave most of the dirty work and fighting to him (which he doesn’t mind). While he and Thunder can work together, Marco finds Thunder’s vanity and constant grooming an annoyance, and will not hesitate to say so.

Description: Marco is a merino sheep with ten times more proportionate muscle mass then a regular ram his own age and size would have, as well as long horns that spiral back and point upward. He is three times larger then a normal sheep as well, and has mostly beige/off-white fur, save for his face, which is white.

Voice: Clancy Brown.

Name: Thunder (short for Thunderbird, a name the farmer jokingly gave him).

Species: Rhode Island Red rooster.

Abilities/Equipment: Thunder is able to imitate nearly any voice he hears, and can create powerful gale-force winds just by flapping his wings. His vocal abilities also lend him the power to emit what can best be described as a greatly magnified version of a rooster’s crow (magnified enough to be a good limited range sonic attack). Unlike other chickens, Thunder actually has the ability of true flight, and possesses limited super-strength (he can only press 500 lbs. or less). Like Marco, Thunder can more then handle himself in close quarter combat.

Personality: Thunder is the most arrogant of the three (were that even possible). He honestly believes tht he’s the best looking bird this side of the hemisphere, and none had better tell him otherwise. An attractive female avian could easily distract him (what with him being a rooster and all), and on top of that, his ego can be easily exploited by enemies (I.E. overdosing him on flattery can make him so prone to overconfidence that he’ll grow careless enough to be easily defeated by a well-aimed sneak attack. That, and he has an even lower tolerance for insults than Marco).

Description: Thunder is a Rhode Island Red rooster who tries to keep himself meticulously groomed. Due to the effects of the chemical vapors that gave him (as well as the other two) his powers, his plumage has turned black, except for his tail feathers, which are deep green and black.

Voice: Jim Cummings.

History: The Insidious Trio were initially regular farm animals who always worried about becoming somebody’s meal one day. A fierce storm hit the farm, scattering several of the animals, including Nero, Marco, and Thunder. Nero was the first to suggest that they all should just run away and live in the woods. The other two agreed with this plan (albeit somewhat hesitantly at first, since they did enjoy the free food and lodgings the farmer give them), and they set off to find the forest. During their wanderings, the lost trio unknowingly found themselves subjected to chemical fumes, actually the by-products of the same pollutants that had given Sky Wraith his own powers. When the farmer and his handymen finally caught up with the three animals, they found themselves attacked with 100 mph winds and objects being telekinetically thrown at them, not to mention an angry Marco, and were lucky to escape with their lives. After chasing the men off, Nero declared that from now on, they would use their new powers to fight back against humanity and repay a millennium of the ill treatment of their kind at man’s hands.

Number of Years In The Future Character Happens To Be From: Two human years in the future.

Edited on 04/05/2006 7:43am
    Edited 4 total times.

Comickook

[73]Mar 17, 2006
    Hey, these sound like they could be pretty fun villains, 3StarvingArtist. :-D Thanks very much for sharing them. I'll certainly see what I can do about helping out on the details.

For example, for Nero, perhaps he could also have telekinetic powers (up to a half-ton within a range of 50 feet or so). That could probably come in handy for building the villains' gear. And, something about his name and the mind powers also brings up the possibility of medium-level pyrokinetic powers (i.e. the ability to start and control fires with his mind... well, to a point). I love the touch about him being lazy and food-obsessed (possibly even to the point of making Streaky almost look like Ace by comparison in those departments).

And Thunder could, in addition to the sound mimicking talent, could also have the ability to emit a powerful sonic blast in the form of a magnified version of the classic "rooster crow" as well as, unlike most chickens, the ability to fly for a respectable distance (almost certainly not as fast as Krypto or Streaky, but still, the fact that his wings can flap strong enough to produce gale force winds seems to suggest that true flight would not be an illogical ability for this rooster to have) and a limited measure of super-strength (probably not even close to Krypto's level but, again, not an illogical ability judging by the amount of force he can put into his wing flaps). Has for weaknesses, he could be easily distracted by any attractive female avian he happens to observe (the rooster instincts, after all). On top of that, his ego could also be easily exploited (i.e. overdosing him on flattery makes him so prone to overconfidence as to cause him to grow careless enough to be easily defeated by a well-aimed sneak attack and he has an even lower tolerance for insults than Marco).

Anyway, yeah, these villains definitely show some pretty good potential.
    Edited on 03/17/2006 5:06pm
    Edited 5 total times.

3StarvingArtist

[74]Mar 17, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    Hey, these sound like they could be pretty fun villains, 3StarvingArtist. :-D Thanks very much for sharing them. I'll certainly see what I can do about helping out on the details."

For example, for Nero, perhaps he could also have telekinetic powers (up to a half-ton within a range of 50 feet or so). That could probably come in handy for building the villains' gear. And, something about his name and the mind powers also brings up the possibility of medium-level pyrokinetic powers (i.e. the ability to start and control fires with his mind... well, to a point). I love the touch about him being lazy and food-obsessed (possibly even to the point of making Streaky almost look like Ace by comparison in those departments).

And Thunder could, in addition to the sound mimicking talent, could also have the ability to emit a powerful sonic blast in the form of a magnified version of the classic "rooster crow" as well as, unlike most chickens, the ability to fly for a respectable distance (almost certainly not as fast as Krypto or Streaky, but still, the fact that his wings can flap strong enough to produce gale force winds seems to suggest that true flight would not be an illogical ability for this rooster to have) and a limited measure of super-strength (probably not even close to Krypto's level but, again, not an illogical ability judging by the amount of force he can put into his wing flaps). Has for weaknesses, he could be easily distracted by any attractive female avian he happens to observe (the rooster instincts, after all). On top of that, his ego could also be easily exploited (i.e. overdosing him on flattery makes him so prone to overconfidence as to cause him to grow careless enough to be easily defeated by a well-aimed sneak attack and he has an even lower tolerance for insults than Marco).

First off, thanks. I think these guys might be able to give our future good guys a little workout. Wow, those are all very good ideas. Much appreciated.

On Nero: I especially like the little nod to history with his pyro ability. I didn't have any good ideas on how Nero (still being a normal pig appearance-wise) could succesfully build stuff, but the TK powers would take care of that. And yeah, I figured that even tho Nero is a powerful psionic, he's, well... still a pig at heart (he is a little worse then Streaky in that aspect).

On Thunder: You're right on the flight thing; I totally missed that. Also, those are all very fitting abilities for a super rooster. And his being a narcissistic lady's man (heh, it'd be kinda funny to see him encounter Gabrielle, Black Canary's canary) was very close to what I was thinking what his personality would be like.
    Edited on 03/17/2006 8:53pm

Comickook

[75]Mar 18, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    Hey, these sound like they could be pretty fun villains, 3StarvingArtist. :-D Thanks very much for sharing them. I'll certainly see what I can do about helping out on the details."

For example, for Nero, perhaps he could also have telekinetic powers (up to a half-ton within a range of 50 feet or so). That could probably come in handy for building the villains' gear. And, something about his name and the mind powers also brings up the possibility of medium-level pyrokinetic powers (i.e. the ability to start and control fires with his mind... well, to a point). I definitely love the touch about him being lazy and food-obsessed (possibly even to the point of making Streaky almost look like Ace by comparison in those departments).

And Thunder could, in addition to the sound mimicking talent, could also have the ability to emit a powerful sonic blast in the form of a magnified version of the classic "rooster crow" as well as, unlike most chickens, the ability to fly for a respectable distance (almost certainly not as fast as Krypto or Streaky, but still, the fact that his wings can flap strong enough to produce gale force winds seems to suggest that true flight would not be an illogical ability for this rooster to have) and a limited measure of super-strength (probably not even close to Krypto's level but, again, not an illogical ability judging by the amount of force he can put into his wing flaps). As for weaknesses, he could be easily distracted by any attractive female avian he happens to observe (the rooster instincts, after all). On top of that, his ego could also be easily exploited (i.e. overdosing him on flattery makes him so prone to overconfidence as to cause him to grow careless enough to be easily defeated by a well-aimed sneak attack and he has an even lower tolerance for insults than Marco).

First off, thanks. I think these guys might be able to give our future good guys a little workout. Wow, those are all very good ideas. Much appreciated.

Not a problem, 3StarvingArtist. :-D I'm glad you liked the ideas. :-D

On Nero: I especially like the little nod to history with his pyro ability. I didn't have any good ideas on how Nero (still being a normal pig appearance-wise) could succesfully build stuff, but the TK powers would take care of that. And yeah, I figured that even though Nero is a powerful psionic, he's, well... still a pig at heart (he is a little worse than Streaky in that aspect).

Yeah. That would be a pretty logical thought at that. :-D

On Thunder: You're right on the flight thing; I totally missed that. Also, those are all very fitting abilities for a super rooster. And his being a narcissistic lady's man (heh, it'd be kinda funny to see him encounter Gabrielle, Black Canary's canary) was very close to what I was thinking what his personality would be like.

Once more, 3StarvingArtist, thanks immensely. And yeah, I could also imagine it would be amusing seeing him encounter Gabrielle at that (especially if he had to contend with Locksley, Green Arrow's dove in the process [:-D]; Locksley might not have super-powers, but he's got plenty of nerve [and Gabrielle isn't exactly lacking in that department either {:-D}]).

Comickook

[76]Apr 4, 2006
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Finally updated the insidous three. Basically, they're mutated farm animals with an axe to grind against humanity. I figure someone might like to use them as villains. I'm still trying to decide if they should hail from Powercat's and Firehound's timeline or the Ultracats' one.

Go with the Power Cat and Fire Hound timeline. :-D

Abilities/Equipment: Nero has several mental-based abilities. This includes a mind-draining ability, which allows him to rob his victim of their intelligence and usually leaves them in a weakened state (though, fortunately, the person’s own intelligence usually returns to normal an hour or so after the process, even if Nero DOES at least permanently retain a trace amount of added intelligence for the effort). Also, by maintaining eye contact with a target for at least twelve minutes, he can induce irrational fear in them. However, his mind drain and fear-induction powers require him to be in relatively close proximity to his intended targets. Thanks to his mind-draining ability, Nero has genius-level intelligence, and can create advanced tech and weaponry just by salvaging ordinary machinery and such lying around. Having powerful telekinetic abilities helps him with this, and with his telekinesis, he is capable of lifting up to half a ton in a 50 ft. range. He creates most of the trio’s equipment. Finally, he is a mid-level pyrokinetic, meaning that he can start and control fires with his mind. However, this requires intense concentration from him, and usually takes a lot out of him.

Personality: Nero is the true brains of the lot, thereby making him de-facto leader. He often acts as referee between Marco and Thunder if they start arguing. However, his true potential is limited by his laziness. He would also be more of a threat to the heroes if he didn’t have such a noticeable weakness for food – anything edible could potentially distract him from the task at hand (even Streaky has more self-control than this pig). While Nero can fight if he must and is not a coward, he prefers to leave the dirty work up to the other two (he isn’t as good a combatant as Thunder and Marco are either) and handle operations from behind the scenes.

Description: Nero looks like a regular Yorkshire boar, except for a darker flesh-colored flare marking on his forehead.

Abilities/Equipment: Marco not only possesses a super-hard skull and horns (much like Bull Dog), but can also unleash a powerful kinetic pulse wave capable of moving and destroying loose objects (chairs, trashcans, etc.) or totally wrecking objects up to the size of a Hummer. The repeatability of his kinetic power depends on the number of times it's used (in other words, using it repeatedly for half an hour or more would exhaust him). He is also skilled in several combat styles.

Personality: Aggressive and hardheaded (literally as well as figuratively), Marco is the probably most warlike, but can be easily goaded into loosing his cool with a few well-placed insults, thereby causing him to make more mistakes he wouldn’t otherwise normally make. Strategy is not his strong suit, so the other two leave most of the dirty work and fighting to him (which he doesn’t mind). While he and Thunder can work together, Marco finds Thunder’s vanity and constant grooming an annoyance, and will not hesitate to say so.

Description: Marco is a merino ram with ten times more proportionate muscle mass then a regular ram his own age and size would have, as well as long horns that spiral back and point upward. He is slightly larger then most his of own breed as well.

Abilities/Equipment: Thunder is able to imitate nearly any voice he hears, and can create powerful gale-force winds just by flapping his wings. His vocal abilities also lend him the power to emit what can best be described as a greatly magnified version of a rooster’s crow (magnified enough to be a good limited range sonic attack). Unlike other chickens, Thunder actually has the ability of true flight, and possesses limited super-strength (he can only press 500 lbs. or less). Like Marco, Thunder can more then handle himself in close quarter combat.

Personality: Thunder is the most arrogant of the three (were that even possible). He honestly believes tht he’s the best looking bird this side of the hemisphere, and none had better tell him otherwise. An attractive female avian could easily distract him (what with him being a rooster and all), and on top of that, his ego can be easily exploited by enemies (I.E. overdosing him on flattery can make him so prone to overconfidence that he’ll grow careless enough to be easily defeated by a well-aimed sneak attack. That, and he has an even lower tolerance for insults than Marco).

Description: Thunder is a Rhode Island Red rooster who tries to keep himself meticulously groomed. Due to the effects of the chemical vapors that gave him (as well as the other two) his powers, his plumage has turned black, except for his tail feathers, which are deep green and black.

Number of Years In The Future Character Happens To Be From:

Voices:

Don't mind me, 3StarvingArtist. Just correcting some typos for the most part. :-D Otherwise, this is pretty good stuff.

catfan1

[77]Apr 4, 2006
    • level: 17
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Finally updated the insidous three. Basically, they're mutated farm animals with an axe to grind against humanity. I figure someone might like to use them as villains. I'm still trying to decide if they should hail from Powercat's and Firehound's timeline or the Ultracats' one.

Personality: Nero is the true brains of the lot, thereby making him de-facto leader. He often acts as referee between Marco and Thunder if they start arguing. However, his true potential is limited by his laziness. He would also be more of a threat to the heroes if he didn’t have such a noticeable weakness for food – anything edible could potentially distract him from the task at hand (even Streaky has more self-control than this pig). While Nero can fight if he must and is not a coward, he prefers to leave the dirty work up to the other two (he isn’t as good a combatant as Thunder and Marco are either) and handle operations from behind the scenes.

Description: Marco is a merino ram with ten times more proportionate muscle mass then a regular ram his own age and size would have, as well as long horns that spiral back and point upward. He is slightly larger then most his of own breed as well.

Voices:

Don't mind me, 3StarvingArtist. Just correcting some typos for the most part. :-D Otherwise, this is pretty good stuff.

Pretty promising villains, it might be interesting to see them in a Powercat-firehound timeline story sometime, maybe with some other heroes involved as well.
    Edited on 04/04/2006 7:06pm

Comickook

[78]Apr 4, 2006
    Couldn't agree more, catfan1. :-D. Couldn't agree more. :-D

3StarvingArtist

[79]Apr 5, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:

Voices:

Thanks for catching those mistakes for me, Comickook. Hope you don't mind my using your cleaned-up version here (as well as adding a history for the gang). I'm glad you guys like them.

Comickook

[80]Apr 5, 2006
    Not a problem, 3StarvingArtist. You definitely have a talent for this stuff. :-D