Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Future Animals

3StarvingArtist

[81]Apr 11, 2006
    • level: 10
    Comickook wrote:
    Once more, 3StarvingArtist, thanks immensely. And yeah, I could also imagine it would be amusing seeing him encounter Gabrielle at that (especially if he had to contend with Locksley, Green Arrow's dove in the process [:-D]; Locksley might not have super-powers, but he's got plenty of nerve [and Gabrielle isn't exactly lacking in that department either {:-D}]).

Y'know.. the whole Locksley/Thunder/Gabrielle thing would make a funny short story or something, except I'm wondering exactly how that could work, what with Thunder being a future villain and all. *ponders*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Comickook

[82]Apr 11, 2006
    • level: 9
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    Once more, 3StarvingArtist, thanks immensely. And yeah, I could also imagine it would be amusing seeing him encounter Gabrielle at that (especially if he had to contend with Locksley, Green Arrow's dove, in the process [:-D]; Locksley might not have super-powers, but he's got plenty of nerve [and Gabrielle isn't exactly lacking in that department either {:-D}]).

Y'know.. the whole Locksley/Thunder/Gabrielle thing would make a funny short story or something, except I'm wondering exactly how that could work, what with Thunder being a future villain and all. *ponders*

Perhaps the Trio could use a time machine cooked up by Nero to try time-travelling back into the recent past to try to eliminate Squeaky and Blaze before they grow up to be Power Cat and Firehound (as well as maybe the two or so (human) years less experienced versions of Krypto and Streaky as an added bonus), but there could be a glitch in the time machine (presumably due to some side effect of one of Thunder and Marco's squabbles) and the villains end up in Star City instead of Metropolis. This causes them to run afoul Locksley and Gabrielle. :-D Of course, this means that two relatively small and non-super-powered birds will have to find a way to defeat three super-powered animal villians, but that could be fun to see if done right.

3StarvingArtist

[83]Apr 12, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Comickook wrote:
    Once more, 3StarvingArtist, thanks immensely. And yeah, I could also imagine it would be amusing seeing him encounter Gabrielle at that (especially if he had to contend with Locksley, Green Arrow's dove, in the process [:-D]; Locksley might not have super-powers, but he's got plenty of nerve [and Gabrielle isn't exactly lacking in that department either {:-D}]).

Perhaps the Trio could use a time machine cooked up by Nero to try time-travelling back into the recent past to try to eliminate Squeaky and Blaze before they grow up to be Power Cat and Firehound (as well as maybe the two or so (human) years less experienced versions of Krypto and Streaky as an added bonus), but there could be a glitch in the time machine (presumably due to some side effect of one of Thunder and Marco's squabbles) and the villains end up in Star City instead of Metropolis. This causes them to run afoul Locksley and Gabrielle. :-D Of course, this means that two relatively small and non-super-powered birds will have to find a way to defeat three super-powered animal villians, but that could be fun to see if done right.

Hmm... I definately like this idea. I can work with it (though you're definately right about the most challenging part being how two 'regular' [so to speak] heroes would go about deafeating the trio). *ponders*

catfan1

[84]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 17

Here are two companion files for post no. 23 in this forum. The characters are the brother and father respectively of Tralfaz the Starhound, a member of the 23rd Century Dog Star Squadron and all play a role in upcoming stories set in the future. Thanks once again to Comickook for his contributions to these files.

Starhound (II) Valiant Coll'yer

Era: mid 23rd century

Universe: Standard Krypto-verse

Abilities/Equipment: Although he had no powers himself, he wore the cosmic collar; a device that focuses cosmic radiation in a variety of useful manners; such as allowing him to fly, manipulate gravity to a certain degree, generate powerful force fields and emit powerful blasts that serve as an offensive weapon. He was also extremely agile and athletic, excellent at paw to paw combat and a capable detective and tactician.

Species: alien collie, partly descended from earth dogs

Appearance: Large, powerfully-built collie wearing blue armor and collar.

Personality: Very confident, sometimes to the point of cockiness, but also very determined, brave and loyal and an extremely dedicated hero as shown by the act of self-sacrifice that cost him his life. Usually serious on the job, but warm and friendly off-duty, Valiant was very fond of his brother Tralfaz, although he also enjoyed playing practical jokes on him and they did have the normal sibling conflicts. He had been close to his father but they had a minor falling out later because of Reynaldo's demanding nature and well-meaning but constant criticism of his son's performance as a superhero.

Background: Valiant was the oldest son of the first Kryptoverse-born Starhound, Reynaldo, and had been groomed by his father as his logical successor. He grew up spending much of his vacation time on his father's estate, learning about the superhero business, while his brother Tralfaz preferred exploring archaeological sites with their famed historian mother. A natural athlete and Frisbee champion, Valiant gave up an opportunity to become a highly-paid athlete to become a space ranger and carry on his family's tradition of heroism. After a distinguished space ranger career, working much of that time as partner to future Dog Star, Air Dale, his father decided the time was right to retire and passed the cosmic collar on to his son who already had a vast amount of experience dealing with space criminals. He had an excellent start, bringing several top Cat Cartel leaders to justice and working with the Dog Star Squadron and his old partner, Air Dale. Valiant was a natural as a superhero and it seemed he had a long crime fighting career ahead of him.

But not long after, Valiant was killed protecting his home planet from an extortion attempt by the Cat Crime Cartel, giving his life to save the planet from a nuclear attack. The cosmic collar was taken up by Valiant's brother, Tralfaz, who has struggled to live up to the legacy of his father and brother. After a rough start, Tralfaz has been managing pretty well so far, with the help of his Dog Star Squadron friends. Still, Valiant is well remembered as an inspiration to the other heroes and the Coll'yer family makes charitable contributions to promote peace in the galaxy through the Valiant Foundation, partially funded by the profits from Tralfaz's book sales and movie rights deals.

Starhound (Reynaldo Coll'yer)

Species: alien collie, descended in part from dogs who originated on Earth.

Era: mid 23rd century

Universe: standard Krypto-verse

Abilities/Equipment: Although he has no powers himself, the cosmic collar; a device that focuses cosmic radiation in a variety of useful manners; allowing him to fly, manipulate gravity to a certain degree, generate powerful force fields and emit powerful blasts that serve as an offensive weapon. He has become very skilled in its use, able to hit far away targets with impressive accuracy and (being that he likes to keep himself in top shape for his age, both physically and mentally) is still pretty good at paw to paw combat, possessing above-average agility and reflexes (though he grudgingly admits that he isn't as quick and agile as he was in his prime and no longer has as much stamina as he used to either), and is still a very capable detective, strategist and tactician.

Appearance: Looks much like a standard, somewhat elderly, but still pretty physically fit, medium-sized collie who wears a light blue collar and protective blue armor.

Background: Reynaldo Coll'yer was a noted 23rd century archaeologist and explorer who made an amazing discovery while tracing his family history: notes and gear used by the Starhound of the 21st century on Earth. He took the findings to his friend, the noted scientist, Dr. Allistair Burma, a cat, who also had roots on Earth. Together, they deciphered the information and designed a new collar and protective armor that Coll'yer, inspired by his family history, donned to become the era's first Starhound. Eventually, Coll'yer learned that his ancestor, the original Starhound, Connie, was born in a parallel universe but eventually settled in the standard Kryptoverse, where she married and had several children, who were all very successful in their fields (including one who even became a top-ranked Opal City police dog), but none of them carried on the Starhound name. One of Connie's descendants (who, while not assuming the Starhound name, still became a reputed space heroine in her own right) married into a family of collies from outer space and Reynaldo was descended from this line.

Coll'yer married and had two sons and a daughter. His son, Valiant, a noted athlete and space ranger, eventually took over as Starhound but tragically died saving his home planet from a nuclear attack after a failed extortion attempt by the Cat Crime Cartel. His other son, Tralfaz, a well known historian (who had actually met many of the top animal heroes of the 21st century during his time-traveling research trips and acts as a consultant for many of the movies based on the legendary exploits of assorted 21st and 22nd century super-hero animals) then continued the Starhound name (a role he still employs when the need arises). The whereabouts of his daughter, Rina, are currently unknown (she disappeared sometime between Valiant's death and Tralfaz's taking over of the Starhound mantle).

Reynaldo and his successors faced a number of dangerous foes, both solo and with the help of the Dog Star Squadron. The list of villains faced by the Starhounds includes (but certainly isn't limited to) the Canine Chronometer (an evil time-traveling professor with a major grudge against the Coll'yers), Master Mimic (a Saint Bernard crime boss possessing a combination of super-strength and power-copying powers that make him an incredibly formidable foe), Star Phantom (a two-and-a-half centuries more experienced version of the fearsome space dragon who was the pet of the legendary space villain Sinestro [and was also a sworn enemy of both Streaky and {the Green Lantern powered cat} Verdant Victory] back in the 21st century [space dragons have extremely long life spans barring violent death]) and the Cat Crime Cartel (whose leader, Rex-Val, is a Daxamite cat with a major hatred of Tralfaz's good friend Whizzy [aka Megacat]).

His friends include blood descendants of Krypto and Streaky, including Dog Star Squadron members Air Dale (who was also Valiant's partner back in their space ranger days) and Whizzy respectively. He is enjoying a mostly happy semi-retired life, is remarried, and is occasionally (on cases of the utmost importance) active as an adviser to his son Tralfaz (the two have recently become closer and are now on pretty good terms) and the Dog Star Squadron. He even still keeps a spare cosmic collar (specifically designed to respond ONLY to the thought-patterns of himself and his descendants) in case he ever needs to briefly go back into action directly, but this is rarely necessary.

Personality: Reynaldo is a gifted strategist, very brave and extremely devoted to the cause of justice. Though he was (and still IS) one of the era's most highly regarded heroes, his family life was a lot less successful then his crime-fighting career, the first marriage ending in divorce and his relations with his offspring have often been strained, in part because of the demands of his crime fighting career and partially due to the overbearing personality and drive that had made him such an effective crime fighter.

Coll'yer often works with his era's Dog Star Squadron and is on decent terms with most of the members (though he makes no secret about Dash Hound's antics annoying him in a major way sometimes), but is basically a loner and prefers working solo.

Edited on 06/14/2006 8:18pm

3StarvingArtist

[85]Jun 15, 2006

Once again, good job with these chars. The Starhounds are an interesting lot (I also like the fact that Star Phantom is still alive and kickin' in the future). Reynaldo looks neat too, but his personality is pretty abrasive (but he's meant to be that way, so I digress). I've also got a couple of questions now -- will you guys ever write something dealing with what happened to Rina, or how Connie gets to the Krypto-verse? Also, will Tralfaz and Reynaldo ever patch up things between them, as it were?

Also, is the Dog Star Squadron supposed to be a nod to the Legion of Superheroes?

catfan1

[86]Jun 15, 2006

3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Once again, good job with these chars. The Starhounds are an interesting lot (I also like the fact that Star Phantom is still alive and kickin' in the future). Reynaldo looks neat too, but his personality is pretty abrasive (but he's meant to be that way, so I digress). I've also got a couple of questions now -- will you guys ever write something dealing with what happened to Rina, or how Connie gets to the Krypto-verse?

I admit to intentionally setting up some unanswered issues we could build stories around later. Hopefully we'll get around to answering those questions, if my inspiration holds out.

Also, will Tralfaz and Reynaldo ever patch up things between them, as it were?

Look for a very special Father's Day story this weekend.   We have a draft we're trying to get in final form right now, just hope it isn't too rushed.

Also, is the Dog Star Squadron supposed to be a nod to the Legion of Superheroes?

Yeah, I kind of thought of them as being similar. I'm hoping to have them cross paths with the present-day heroes on occasion.

Thanks for the comments.

EDIT: I just remembered I should probably mention that last night I also updated and revised the file for Tralfaz (post 23) with Comickook's help and there's more information on the Starhounds there if you're interested.

Edited on 06/15/2006 12:14pm

3StarvingArtist

[87]Jun 15, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:

3StarvingArtist wrote:
    "Once again, good job with these chars. The Starhounds are an interesting lot (I also like the fact that Star Phantom is still alive and kickin' in the future). Reynaldo looks neat too, but his personality is pretty abrasive (but he's meant to be that way, so I digress). I've also got a couple of questions now -- will you guys ever write something dealing with what happened to Rina, or how Connie gets to the Krypto-verse?

I admit to intentionally setting up some unanswered issues we could build stories around later. Hopefully we'll get around to answering those questions, if my inspiration holds out."

I thought I detected some hinting around to later stories in there. I hope we will eventually get some info about those dangling plotlines.

"Also, will Tralfaz and Reynaldo ever patch up things between them, as it were?

Look for a very special Father's Day story this weekend.   We have a draft we're trying to get in final form right now, just hope it isn't too rushed."

Sweet. I know I haven't reviewed anything lately (among aother things), but I will definately get around to it once things down here at school calm down.

"Also, is the Dog Star Squadron supposed to be a nod to the Legion of Superheroes?

Yeah, I kind of thought of them as being similar. I'm hoping to have them cross paths with the present-day heroes on occasion."

That would also be awesome (I'm reminded of when three Legion members went back in time to save Superman from Brainiac in the animated Superman series). Speaking of the present-day heroes, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about maybe doing some descendants for the other members of the JLA? The thought had crossed my mind recently (I don't think there are any in the comics [though I could be wrong], but we do get to see some hints of prospective descendants in JLU and Batman Beyond respectively).

"Thanks for the comments.

EDIT: I just remembered I should probably mention that last night I also updated and revised the file for Tralfaz (post 23) with Comickook's help and there's more information on the Starhounds there if you're interested."

Cool, I'll check it out. I like the idea of a bookworm like Tralfraz being a hero. He reminds me a little of Streaky.

Comickook

[88]Jun 16, 2006

Hey there. Here's another one catfan1 and I worked together on. These are two of the villains of our upcoming Father's Day piece and are intended to be more comical than threatening for once, yet still having the potential to be reasonably challenging.

Tab and Tanya

Species: Alien cats, who resemble earth tabby cats.

Universe: Standard Krypto-verse

Era: mid 23rd centry

Appearance: Tab is gray-colored and decidedly overweight. His wife, Tanya, is more light-yellow and also tends to the plump.

Abilities: Gifted scientists and scam artists. They have advanced degrees in chemistry (they met in graduate school) and are both gifted researchers, but are both somewhat lazy and too self-possessed to work well with others. After falling in with Tanya's criminal family (see background), they are mostly content to work on whatever assignments the Cartel gives them, lack of ambition dulling their former talent, although they do still have their occasional success.

At one point, when they were experimenting on themselves to test their assorted "super-power formulas", Tab and Tanya VERY briefly each had physical powers on a par with Rex-Val himself, but those abilities have LONG SINCE worn off. They, DO, however, still each permanently retain the physical strength of a dozen ordinary cats their sizes, ages and builds as well as stamina, reflexes and agility equal to that of a single reasonably healthy and slim cat twenty cat years their junior, so they CAN be deceptively good paw-to-paw fighters when they stay focused (which, thankfully, is rare).

In addition, each also possesses a single, low-level psionic power as another permanent side-effect of their otherwise failed super-power formula experiments (Tab has low-level pyrokinesis while Tanya has low-level cryokinesis [but the two rarely use these powers because they require immense concentration and only work a maximum of once an hour anyway])

Actually, truth be known, Tab and Tanya, emboldened by their success in using Alina (Rushing Blue) Aleksandra's daughter, Sonja as a test subject for their renewed super-power-formula experiments, Tab and Tanya have started using themselves as test subjects for their own experiments in this area again... augmenting their still retained low-level super-powers twentyfold (meaning that the two are now each 240 times stronger than any normal cats their sizes, ages and builds,  have twenty times better stamina, reflexes and agility than any reasonably healthy and slim, but non-super-powered, cats twenty cat years their junior AND Tab and Tayna's respective pyrokinetic and cryokinetic powers have upgraded to to a reasonably high level and can work once every three minutes), but it is unclear as to whether or not this upgrade will be permanent (it should be noted, though, that this power upgrade HAS already lasted about three weeks and, at last check, shows no signs of fading yet).

Personality: Low-level members of the Cat Crime Cartel, usually seen bickering in-between trying to carry out the orders of their leader, Rex-Val.

Tanya has a very sarcastic and cruel tone to her personality. She greatly enjoys belittling her husband over his lack of ambition and other perceived faults. It should be noted that she is also bitterly jealous of Doctor Alina Aleksandra  and frequently tries to upstage the super-powered Cartel lieutenant (Tanya very often fails at it, but she still tries at every opportunity).

Tab also has an unpleasant side to his personality but is not as open with it, usually appearing more laid back. He is typically at odds with his wife, although somewhat resigned to his lot (knowing it's too late to join his father in the insurance business). He's a reluctant criminal at best, but doesn't want to give up the perks that come with working for the cat crime syndicate.

They are both, however, quite willing to take on the Dog Stars or anyone else who threatens their lifestyle. Also, despite their frequent bickering, they really DO come as close to loving each other as individuals like them are capable of coming when it comes to caring about somebody else, so neither likes it much when somebody else is picking on the other one.

Background: Husband and wife criminals who work for Rex-Val, the Cat Crime Cartel's leader and a dedicated foe of the Dog Star Squadron and in particular, Whizzy the Megacat. Tanya is a kind of niece of the cat crime leader (since her mother was the foster sister to [now Dog Star Squadron member] Fireball, who happens to be Rex-Val's ex-wife), which explains how they ended up working for the cat crime organization. Their main assignments have been working on methods that would (naturally) help the cosmic cat criminal take over the galaxy (such as hypno-pills, super-power generation [which actually HAD a VERY limited measure of success when the husband and wife chemists experimented on themselves, but not anywhere near as much as either they or anyone else in the Cartel hoped] or weather control methods). Fortunately, though, they often make miscalculations that render the discoveries useless (one of the few times one of their discoveries worked perfectly, though, was when they developed a formula to eliminate Rex-Val's lead weakness [Rex-Val is a Daxamite cat, which means he has all the standard Kryptonian-type powers at a slightly higher level than a Kryptonian cat except that lead used to have the same effect on him that Green Kryptonite does on Kryptonians {or would if he was ever stupid enough to allow any lead near him}], but the fact that the two managed to successfully make him immune to lead is still far out-weighed by their long series of blunders).

They were demoted to low level gang members after their last fiasco (they were supposed to make a powder that was to be used to shrink the Dog Stars and their ship. Tab and Tayna realized too late, however, that there was no way to control the substance and it ate through its container and eventually caused the building housing Cat Cartel research to disappear completely from sight as staffers fled in terror. And, just before that, their anti-gravity formula caused an entire building to float into the air. Unfortunately, no thought was given to what would happen when the effect wore off; which was much sooner than expected; leading to major damage). Still, they have been known to run some small scale scams for the Cartel. One of their more recent exploits involved working on a mind control formula/real estate scam on a small planet mostly populated by a retirement community near the Dog Star, Sirius. This scam was foiled by Tralfaz the Starhound and his father, Reynaldo; the latter of whom happens to live in the area.

Even more recently though, Tab and Tanya kitten-napped Sonja Aleksandra and used her as a test subject for their renewed super-power formula research.... something that, this time around, was actually pretty successful for them for once (Sonja's strength and endurance was increased sixfold, her intelligence and resistance to most toxins and viruses boosted was even further than that AND the kitten had gained medium level electrical powers), but earned them the VERY understandable fury of Sonja's mother, Alina (who [to put it mildly] intensely disliked the idea of the husband and wife chemists using HER daughter as a lab specimen, even if the results WERE successful). Still, emboldened by this success, Tab and Tanya experimented on themselves once again and boosted the low-level super-powers they still retained from the last time they used themselves for test subjects concerning their super-power research twentyfold.... something that, even three weeks later, has yet to show signs of fading. While this certainly increases the level of POTENTIAL threat they can pose to unwary heroes, it remains to be seen if they will LIVE UP to that potential.

Edited on 12/27/2006 8:25am
    Edited 9 total times.

3StarvingArtist

[89]Jul 9, 2006
    Hello all. I was checking out the website Supermanica and read about an alien creature called the zkor who appeared in a Silver Age Superman comic. The concept sounds interesting, so I thought I'd bite. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with this character, but he is supposed to be a heroic sort.

Name: Indra.

Species: Zkor (alien dragon/dog hybrid).

Abilities/Equipment: Possesses fire, ice, and acidic breath (his body and the inside of his mouth are adapted to deal with his powers), a truth-sensing ability that is psionic in nature, enhanced agility and speed, great strength and durability (thanks to his great size and a sort of layer of bone armor underneath his hide), as well as winged flight. While flying, he can crack his tail like whip, creating a sonic boom that can clear enemies in pursuit off his tail and enhance his aerial speed.

Background:

Personality: Brave, but tends to be hot-tempered, something of a loner, stubborn, and impulsive.

General Physical Description: Large draconic/canine-like animal (often described as looking like a greyhound on steroids).Has short curved silver horns on his head, a tapering tail nearly as long as his body, and black claws. Relatively long neck and a long muzzle with a black nose-pad. Gold eyes. Fur is a deep reddish-orange with yellow-orange on his throat, chest, and stomach. There is also a yellow-orange tuft on the tip of his tail. Fairly long bat-like ears that are usually carried back when he’s relaxed.

Ideal Voice:

catfan1

[90]Jul 9, 2006

That's an intriguing character, StarvingArtist. Thanks for sharing it. 

Now here are two revised and expanded profiles for 23rd Century Dog Star Squadron members who were introduced earlier. I decided they needed to be fleshed out better for some story ideas I had. Thanks to Comickook for his invaluable input and contribution of some ideas that greatly improved these.

Prophetic Pup

Abilities:

Her psychic powers include limited mind control over one or two other creatures in her immediate area and the ability to generate reasonably strong telekinesis-based force field bubbles (strong enough to hold somebody of up to medium level super-strength and/or offensive type energy powers) at will (but only one such bubble at a time, never one big enough to go around somebody more than three times her size and never for more than twenty seconds at a time [on top of that, it takes her two minutes afterwards to regain the mental strength needed to employ another force field bubble]). In addition, she can, with supreme concentration, even generate and employ "attack orbs" of concentrated telekinetic energy that can hit with a fearsome impact (her most powerful offensive maneuver but this takes so much out of her that every time she has to use this power, it takes five minutes for her to regain enough mental strength to use any of her other mental powers and TEN minutes before she can fire off another "attack orb").   

She is also able to use data gathered from her psychic abilities to calculate the possibility of future events, hence her name. However, her projections are based on the limited amount of psychic information available to her and are not infallible. She also has above-average skills at paw-to-paw combat, but in this area, she has to concede that Air Dale is her superior.

She is generally a gifted tactician and strategist.

Background: She is the leader who organizes the missions and runs the Dog Star space station. She works closely with Air Dale, who functions as a second-in-command and usually leads the team in action (primarily due to the fact that her own offensive capabilities; while formidable

enough to be handy in one-shot, element-of-surprise-type attacks; are much more limited than those of her teammates by simple virtue of required recharge time), although she is quite capable of paw-to-paw combat herself if necessary.

Prophetic Pup is a mixed breed dog who is part earth Cocker Spaniel (with maybe a trace of Afghan) and part Gedaktonite, an alien dog race whose members often develop psychic powers, although hers are developed to a MUCH greater degree than most (hence her limited mind control power and ability to employ telekinetic force field bubbles or energy orbs).

Like Air Dale, she began her career as a space ranger; mainly as an investigator who used her powers to predict the probability of crimes occurring and, in the case of past crimes, the probability of a suspect's guilt. She rose through the ranks quickly to become a highly-regarded officer and then decided to take on a bigger challenge when she was selected to revitalize the Dog Star Patrol, which had been inactive for several years (she would rename the group the Dog Star SQUADRON to reflect its new beginning).

Although she

is strict when the situation calls for it, she is mostly liked and respected by the team. Underneath her stern exterior, she has a surprisingly sentimental side. It's clear that she cares about the members of the Squadron. She is one of the few female dogs who actually has shown a romantic interest in Tralfaz  but  he seemed oblivious to any sign of her interest in him until the time all four of the Dog Star Squadron's greatest foes joined forces in a (just barely) failed effort to not only defeat the team physically, but break the individual team members emotionally. She is also one of the few canine superheroes who is his intellectual equal and she is fascinated by his work exploring the motivation of the great superheroes. Fireball, the team's resident matchmaker, thought they would make a complementary pair since Prophetic Pup is good at numbers and predictions, while Tralfaz is good with words and chronicling past events.

Personality: A firm, very much in control leader. She has a noticeably harsher command style than her distant ancestor, Brainy Barker. She probably has to be harsh on occasion to keep all the disparate personalities who make up the Dog Star team working together and under control (She occasionally has to reprimand Dash Hound

and Laser Labrador [though the latter somewhat less often than the former] when one or both of them go[es] too far with disruptive behavior) but she is also good at getting the best out of all the Squadron members, offering just the right amount of encouragement for heroes, like Equalizer and Starhound, who need the reassurance. Despite the stern demeanor, she is very sensitive and intelligent and has a sly sense of humor she displays on rare occasions, usually in calmer moments.

Breed: She is a mixed breed dog with some alien blood, Her
     features  combine the characteristics of Afghan, Cocker Spaniel and a Sheepdog-like alien race.

Appearance: She is light brown with long hair similar to an Afghan and has the build of a a typical Cocker Spaniel. She usually wears a yellow cloak and white boots. (She lacks the enlarged forehead of her comic book namesake).

Fireball

23rd Century cat member of the reorganized Dog Star Squadron

Background: She is the ex-wife of Cat Crime Cartel leader Rex-Val (though the Dog Star Squadron wouldn't find THIS out until YEARS later) as well as the mother of a secretly super-powered (but presently rookie) feline space ranger (she was "with kitten" when she left Rex and, after being careful to quietly leave her offspring in the paws of trusted friends [as to make sure her kitten stayed out of Rex's paws], didn't really physically see her

son again until sometime after the kitten reached young adulthood and joined the space rangers [though she DID keep track of him via assorted ultra-discreet resources]). Fireball is also a cat mutant who met up with the 23rd Century Dog Stars when they came to her planet (well, the planet she headed for when she broke off her marriage to Rex and she was content to just quietly help out the other inhabitants to the best of her abilities) to battle members of Cat Crime Cartel.

She ended up playing a major role in helping them topple the evil leader of the planet's crime underground who had subjugated the world's cats. She was awarded honorary Dog Star membership for her assistance and she and the superhero team went their separate ways.

But she found herself intrigued by the dog heroes and wanted to help continue their battle against the kinds of criminals who had made life miserable for her friends. To their surprise, she applied for full membership as a Dog Star and, with the retirement of Ultra-Hot Dog, was accepted.. the first cat to ever be accepted fully into the Squadron (though Whizzy the Megacat would follow soon enough). Her only condition was that she not be required to participate in any publicity and she often adds a red face mask to her uniform when appearing in public. Still, even with the Squadron honoring this condition, Rex quickly suspected and later confirmed that this new member of the Squadron was his ex-wfife, something that increased his hatred of the team even more (and Megacat in particular after HE joined the team). Eventually, Fireball was reunited with her son after the young space ranger-in-training befriended Whizzy on a major case. After some intially (and mutually) awkward moments between the two cats, Fireball gradually started to reconnect to the son she felt she was forced to leave in the care of trustworthy others and, by the end of the case, mother and child had become pretty close once more.

Abilities: Fireball was born with the ability to emit balls of fire that somewhat resemble hairballs. With practice, she has developed deadly aim with her power and can also form fire rings and walls of fire to trap her enemies. She can also, with immense concentration, generate a heat aura that can incinerate most small-scale protectile weapons

before they reach her body or, with even MORE immense concentration, manipulate available heat currents to the point of allowing her to fly at subsonic speed for up to one minute at a time (assuming she's not carrying any cargo at the time; carrying an extra load can reduce her flying speed and the amount of time she can stay aloft due to the extra concentration required). In addition to her heat powers, she also has four times the strength, reflexes, stamina and agility of a well-conditioned normal cat half her age (she's actually about 42 cat years old, though that's not exactly something that's easily determined by mere sight in her case), which helps her quite a bit in fights. On top of this, she is a determined fighter who grew up in a tough atmosphere and learned the art of fighting dirty at a young age,and she is also an exceptional flirt, both of  which are something she often uses to big advantage against the bad guys. The street smarts she learned in her youth has also given her considerable resourcefulness and tactical skills that she uses in combination with her fire powers and slightly super-feline physical prowess.

Personality: Despite her fierce nature in combat and tendency to fight dirty against really tough bad guys,
      Fireball usually has a very outgoing personality off the job and makes friends easily. Extremely loyal to her comrades, the mutant-powered feline loves good-naturedly bantering with her canine teammates about the differences between cats and dogs.  Although virtually fearless in battle or when trying to help an innocent, Fireball is incredibly publicity shy and typically avoids having her picture taken whenever possible. Fireball is also rather flirtatious and loves playing matchmaker for her teammates when she feels their romantic interest can be trusted (though, after her brief and unhappy marriage to the Daxamite Cat Crime Cartel leader Rex-Val, she is a lot more careful about her own relationships than she used to be, which explains why she has; up until the major relationship-testing conflict mentioned later on; been resistant to Whizzy's hints that he might be interested in her, although he suspected even before then that she had feelings for him).  As an example of he matchmaking tendencies, she has tried for a long time to bring teammates Prophetic Pup and Tralfaz together (feeling they would be a good couple and that both could use some romance in their lives), but she had  little success until the major confrontation that almost tore the team apart but in the end brought several of the heroes together romantically.

She has also proven to be a very loving mother to her grown space ranger offspring now that they have re-established personal contact.

Breed: She is an alien mixed-breed tabby cat.

Appearance: Your typical reasonably trim-looking yellow tabby cat who has the physical looks of a female cat twenty cat years her junior (something that helps her a great deal in her diversionary flirting AND helped her successfully keep the fact that she has a young adult offspring secret [even from her own teammates] at first) wearing a red fireproof uniform.

horsecub1322

[91]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 4
    How about these ones:
    Name: Strooky
    Species: Half alien kitten
    Power: Smart little girl, make criminals cry to her sad songs
    Years: Five human years
    Ancestors: She's Snooky, & Nikki's daughter
    Description: Light blue fur like Snooky, Green eyes, looks alot like Snooky
    Personality: Nice, friendly, kind, cares about her family, including her twin sisters, and her little brothers
    Voice: Tara Strong

Name: Nakki
    Species: Same as Strooky
    Power: Same as Supercat's
    Ancestors: He's Snooky, & Nikki's son
    Description: Looks like Nikki, blue eyes, same fur color as his mother
    Personality: Snooty, funny, gets mad if his family is harmed
    Voice: Chris Sanders

DanSandwichBoy

[92]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 16

OK, I'm sorry, but I'm lost. Multiple alternate universes? The only alternate universe I'm familiar with is the one with the Crime Pets of Amerika. As a matter of fact, I have an idea for a CPA-universe good guy...

Name: Kevin the Wonderdog

Species: Russel Terrier/Doberman Pinscher mix

Powers: All of his parents powers.

Number of Years: 2 human years

History: The pup who came to be known as Kevin was the only pup the rebel animal leader, CatMecha, didn't kill out of the litter Ultradog forced upon Morgana. At first, she didn't want anything to do with the pup, but when Superdog stumbled upon their universe and worked with Ignatius on a plan that helped free Anti-Matter Earth from the tyranny of the Crime Pets of Amerika, she figured she could raise her surviving son to use his powers for the good of truth, justice, and all that jazz, and to keep the CPA at bay. She named him Kevin after the young boy in charge of raising Superdog.

Physical Description: White terrier/doberman mix with a red cape and tag like Krypto the Superdog's, only with a "W" instead of an "S".

Personality: A somewhat sardonic type and easily ticked off, but he does have a good sense of justice and does care for the little guy. This he got from the influence of his mother, who in turn got it from the influence of Ultradog's noble counterpart, Superdog, when he stumbled upon their universe. He is a loyal ally and has proven to be a noble hero against the CPA. He is also very ashamed of the knowledge that his biological father is the evil Krypto the Ultradog and refuses to call him his father.

Here are a few villains that are shown in the prologue of Bathound Beyond.

Names: Lucifer and Galatia

Species: Cats

Powers: Though they lack inherent powers, they have special equipment such as comm. collars, smoke pellets, and more.

Number of Years: 20

History: Lucifer and Galatia are two of Catwoman's cats. They have given Bathound plenty of trouble, and were the last criminals he faced before his heart problems made him decide to hang up the cape.

Personality: Lucifer can be a rather sarcastic type and often rolls his eyes at Galatia's vanity. Lucifer is also said to be a bit of a jinx, as the heroes always seem to turn up when he, in particular, wishes them not to.

And, here's one into the main part of the above mentioned story.

Name: Cranium Kitty

Species: Cat

Powers: Superintellegence, limited telepathic communication, and an array of gadgetry

Number of Years: 40

History: CK's family history dates back to Dakota City, during the time animal Bang Babies began springing up. One such, Sprocket, got together with a female supergenius cat known as Dragonfly. Cranium Kitty became an active member of the Star Patrol Unlimited and even participated in the battle against Dr. Oblongata that helped Jerry McGinnis earn his role as Ace's successor.

Personality: Tech-savvy and loves to tinker, she can get a little impatient and her temper isn't the best, but she is a noble hero and a loyal member of the SPU.

3StarvingArtist

[93]Jul 21, 2006
    "OK, I'm sorry, but I'm lost. Multiple alternate universes? The only alternate universe I'm familiar with is the one with the Crime Pets of Amerika."

Well, some pple have cooked up several different alternate universes (BTW, Comickook, I hope you don't mind me doing a little copy & paste job with your words here; I just didn't feel like typing all this out).

"Examples include (but aren't limited to) :

KWLS: Krypto Works as Lightning's sidekick (you can find plenty of information about this universe by going back over and reading a lot of the previous posts in this thread [going all the way back to the first ten posts]).

SDWS: Superdog Works Solo (in this universe, Superdog is the ONLY super-hero animal operating [Bruce Wayne/Batman never adopted Ace, the Dog Stars were taken down before they and Krypto even met and this universe's Streaky {aka Streakface} is a villain]; another one with profiles going back to the first line of posts on this thread)

WWK: World Without Krypto (This is the most recent addition, with posts only stretching back as far as the last line. In this universe, Krypto met his end at Mechanikat's hands just a few weeks after arriving on Earth.)

KRA: Krypto Replaces Ace (there's only one post on this thread concerning this universe [the first or second one of the fifth line I do believe], which involves Krypto's rocket landing in Gotham City and ending up adopting by Bruce Wayne/Batman)

KACAFA: Krypto Animal Cast as Full Anthros (most of the posts on this thread concerning this universe on the fifth line, but there's one on the sixth line too, I do seem to recall).

There's even one where Mechanikat's scheme in "Puppy Problems" actually worked AND a couple other universes Mammal_Mage has cooked up."

More info on these AUs can be found in the "Alternate Universe characters" thread, which is on the second page, I believe.

BTW, cute chars. I'm really digging the cats (Lucifer and Galatia look promising), and I like how you played off of what others have set up for the CPA-verse to create Kevin.
    Edited on 07/21/2006 12:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.

DanSandwichBoy

[94]Jul 22, 2006

As requested, I have started work on "Future Animals - The List", based hevily on my "DC Super-Pets - The List". If anyone would take to tell me specific names for timelines for characters I label "(alternate timeline)", let me know. I figured Power-Cat Squeaky was the alternate timeline one and Gravi-Kitty was the main timeline one, because someone mentioned the alternate ending to "Now You See Him..." in relation to Power-Cat, I and figured one of these future Squeakys must be the main timeline one. Anyway, so far, I have gotten two pages of future animals listed down: 13, to be exact.

http://danmat6288.sphosting.com/misc/futureanimals.html

Edited on 07/22/2006 2:32pm

Comickook

[95]Jul 22, 2006

Actually, DanSandwichBoy, you got it backwards (no disrespect intended at all). Iit was the Gravi-Kitty and that version of the Ultra-Cats that had the mention of the alternate ending to "Now You See Him....", not the Power Cat and Fire Hound one. In the Gravi-Kitty timeline (which I havn't really used since I thought of it), Streaky kept his invisibility power (after four failed attempts to purge the power that only each succeeded in giving him a new power), but just learned to master it (as well as the other four powers he gained off the failed attempts to purge the invisibility) with the help of some heavy duty power training.

In the Power Cat and Fire Hound timeline (which is the one Catfan1 and I usually follow more closely in our co-written stories), Streaky was axtually cured of his invisibility off that second zap (as per the actual episode), but that zap also gave him a moderately increased resistance to brain-washing and also developed an extra latent mental power (though the latter required somewhat more than two human years to develop [THAT power didn't develop until Catfan1's "Attack of the Green-Eyed Monster", which is set two years after the end of the Krypto series]).

Edited on 07/22/2006 4:31pm

DanSandwichBoy

[96]Jul 22, 2006
    Uhhh... so, are either Squeakys the adult form of the main timestream version?

Comickook

[97]Jul 22, 2006
    Well, that depends on how the series time line goes. The Power Cat and Fire Hound time line currently holds a lot closer to the series's actual time line, but even THAT is only a POSSIBLE future.

Mammal_Mage

[98]Jul 22, 2006
    • level: 24

I hope you guys don't mind crossovers.

Name:  Kildor

Species:  Half panther, half cat(both alien)

Abilities:  Teleportation, dark magic, paw-to-paw combat.

Number of Years In The Future Character Happens To Be From:  I was never any good at this.

Physical Description:  A dark purple panther, has a ram skull around his neck.

Personality:  cunning

Ancestor:  Panthor(from "Masters of the Universe")(Father), Delilah(Mother)

DanSandwichBoy

[99]Jul 26, 2006

Well, if we can post crossovers, here's a pet for Joey Spencer/Specter, Danny Fenton/Phantom's sidekick, and an enemy for him.

Name: Stevie the Ecto-Pooch

Species: Canine halfa

Powers: He has the standard ghost powers, as well as a Hulk-like power, although he can control himself in that form, unlike the Hulk himself. But this form requires concentration and strong emotion, especially after he went from just ghost to ghost hybrid. He is also equipped with a pair of cuffs on his forepaws that contain miniature versions of the standard Fenton ghost-hunting technology (Fenton Thermos, Fenton Fisher, etc).

Years Into Future: 2

Physical Description: DOG FORM - Small with reddish-brown fur and white ears, brown eyes, with a blue dog collar. GHOST FORM - Green fur, black ears, red eyes, a spiked, black collar with the Ecto-Pooch emblem attached, and cuffs on his forelimbs. Can also grow to an impossibly large size with concentration and strong emotion.

Personality: Stevie is a fun-loving, energetic puppy who's eager to please, especially his master, since he took him in. Although he can be a little impulsive, he usually wants nothing more than to prove himself. And, if you're human, prepare yourself for the tongue bath of your life!

Name: Mechanita

Species: Ghost cat

Powers: Mechanita was taken in and taught how to use her ghost powers to control and/or overshadow any electronic appliance by her master/father figure, Technus. She also has basic ghost powers, however, as she's leaned the hard way, she cannot overshadow a Kryptonian unless they are exposed to kryptonite while she's diving in.

Years Into Future: 2

Physical Description: A green ghost cat with a white belly and ears in sunglasses.

Personality: Mechanita is particularly vain, even for a cat. She's inherited Technus' bad habit of overconfidently blabbing out her evil plan. Ecto-Pooch is always quick to point out that she has an ego the size of Godzilla.

Edited on 07/26/2006 11:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

Mammal_Mage

[100]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 24
    I don't mind.  But I have made an animal counterpart to Danny Phantom.(though it's a female fox, not a dog)