Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Future Animals

DanSandwichBoy

[101]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 16
    But, does she have any connection to the said ghost boy? [smirk] Stevie would go under the super-pets list if it weren't restricted to DC heroes. XD Anyway, I have just updated the list to include all the animals from pages 1-4, and later, I'll do the next two pages. Well, it also includes Ecto-Pooch and Mechalina's profiles, since I made them and I'm keeper of the list. XD
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mammal_Mage

[102]Jul 26, 2006
    • level: 24
    I figure she'll meet Krypto and Streaky first and then meets danny.  And thanks for the heads up.

DanSandwichBoy

[103]Jul 27, 2006
    Added four more, including your Seera, Mammal_Mage. Sorry, but I figured that, since they were both ghost-powerd animal heroes, they probably should be connected somehow, so I decided to write what I assumed might be Seera's opinion on Ecto-Pooch. Oh, and on the Bird Titans, I'm not sure on a few things. I mean, if Robbie the Bird Wonder were to make an animal version of the Teen Titans, then Warp and Turbo could probably be the animal versions of Beast Boy and Cyborg, respectively. Sparrowfire, Meitra, and Terna are on the clear under that category, though. Any explanation on how each got their powers? Oh, and let's not say that Sparrowfire and Meitra came from their human counterparts home worlds or that Sparrowfire is Star's pet, as she has Silkie.

Comickook

[104]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 9
    Actually, DanSandwitchBoy, I can't speak for Mammal_Mage, but I can guess that his Tern Titans are NOT Titans' pets... merely avian counterparts. They have similiar abilities and personalities (and, presumably, similiar origins), but they are otherwise unconnected to the Titans they are based on. For example, it's very possible that Sparrowfire comes from a world similiar to Tamaran in many ways save for the fact that birds evolved there as a dominant species (like how the majority of the Dog Stars presumably come from worlds where DOGS evolved as a dominant species). Meitra and Terna could be simply be mutants, but happened to evolve similar powers to those of  Raven and Terra respectively. But, of course, I'm only guessing. The only one who really knows the answers to those questions is Mammal_Mage himself. I'm just taking my best educated guess on the matter.
    Edited on 07/27/2006 4:31pm

Mammal_Mage

[105]Jul 27, 2006
    • level: 24
    Actually Comickook, you covered everything.  Thanks.

Comickook

[106]Jul 27, 2006
    You're welcome, Mammal_Mage.

DanSandwichBoy

[107]Jul 27, 2006
    It still seems a bit redundant to have two different animal counterparts for B.B. and Cy who could team up with Robbie. I mean, Seera and Ecto-Pooch, they're not exactly both Danny Phantom counterparts. Actually, E.-P. could be something of a Joey Specter counterpart, come to think of it.

Comickook

[108]Jul 28, 2006
    That is actually a pretty good point, DanSandwichBoy. To be fair, though, Mammal_Mage came up with his Tern Titans idea (intended to be an all-avian team and only about six months in the future) before 3StarvingArtist came up with her Beast Boy and Cyborg pets (pets she DID do a very good job on) and would have had no way of knowing that 3StarvingArtist was going to come up with Warp and Turbo at the time. And, anyway, the whole point of these types of threads is to just have fun. Divergent time-lines are not only allowed, but encouraged here, so there is plenty of room for compromise. 
    Edited on 07/28/2006 7:16pm

DanSandwichBoy

[109]Jul 28, 2006
    Think Warp would notice anything between Robbie and Sparrowfire? XD [pause] T_T Nah, me neither.

3StarvingArtist

[110]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 10
    Comickook wrote:
    That is actually a pretty good point, DanSandwichBoy. To be fair, though, Mammal_Mage came up with his Tern Titans idea (intended to be an all-avian team and only about six months in the future) before 3StarvingArtist came up with her Beast Boy and Cyborg pets (pets she DID do a very good job on) and would have had no way of knowing that 3StarvingArtist was going to come up with Warp and Turbo at the time. And, anyway, the whole point of these types of threads is to just have fun. Divergent time-lines are not only allowed, but encouraged here, so there is plenty of room for compromise. 

Thanks for fielding this one for me, CK (and thanks for the compliments on Warp and Turbo too). Yeah, I plead "divergant timeline" here (and yes, presently Sparrowfire and Metria are PoF members). The PoF are based more on the comic Teen Titans (as opposed to the show) with some of my own speculation about how the comic-TT would be in the DCAU tossed in (I think the TT show occured in an alternate universe of the DCAU, but that's me).

3StarvingArtist

[111]Jul 28, 2006
    • level: 10
    DanSandwichBoy wrote:
    Think Warp would notice anything between Robbie and Sparrowfire? XD [pause] T_T Nah, me neither.

Warp wouldn't pick up on anything unless Sparrowfire beat him upside the head with a giant clue-stick. *L* Seriously, he's smart, but he wouldn't notice anything like that unless someone bought it up or it was made blatantly obvious somehow.

DanSandwichBoy

[112]Aug 1, 2006

OOOOOOOH!!! I just wrote a post which got deleted because the system messed up while I was trying to send it! Now, I have to write it out all over again!

Anyway... I've been working on the list. Not sure how to put the Tern Titans down on it, though. Also, I added Ecto-Pooch's history to his profile. And, could I get some explanation about the whole Annialator/Chaos thing, because it's confusing me. Krypto doesn't seem to be a bad guy, so why have the Dog Stars turned against him? How did he, Kevin, and Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman get in this whole mess in the first place? And, for linking purposes, in Chaos Colossus' profile, what are Kevin and Kal-El's code names?

Kevin: (upon learning about his powers) Oh, wait! I want to try something I saw this guy on a TV show do. (does the Air Scooter, a la Avatar) Whee!! (runs into a wall and falls down) Ow.

XD I just can't resist sometimes.

kingbumi

[113]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 2

Name: pandaconda

Species: piranha/green andandaconda

Powers: to rip and shred every animal that comes by

Years Into Future: 10

Physical Description: a very large size with greenish eyes and a blue colerd skin  with fins but is a reptile

Personality: is a very mean and crule animal that will it anything if it is berries fruit and vetibules  or meat.

Isaac6356

[114]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 15

O..kay. Come up with a nice background story and he's a keeper!

catfan1

[115]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 17

Here's another adversary for the 23rd Century Dog Stars. Thanks to Comickook who helped out on this and in fact contributed much of the background for this character.

Rex-Val

Era: mid 23rd Century

Universe: Standard Krypto-verse

Species: Daxamite cat

Appearance: Dark grey cat similiar in appearance to a Devon rex cat with a short muzzle and large ears, but is much larger and more muscular than most cats of this breed.

Abilities/Equipment: As a Daxamite cat, he has all the standard Kryptonian-type powers (flight, super-strength, super-speed, heat vision, X-ray vision, super-breath, etc.) at a slightly higher level than a Kryptonian cat except that lead used to have the same effect on him that Green Kryptonite does on Kryptonians (the reason it's "used to" is because the lead weakness was cured by Crime Cartel chemists, Tab and Tanya, in a rare instance of competence for the two).

In addition to his formidable physical abilities, he is also a very skilled fighter, an exceptional actor and a masterful planner with a very high level of intelligence.

On top of this, Rex-Val also commands a large crime organization with vast resources and also controls many legitimate businesses and, later, his own planet (the last of which affords him diplomatic immunity in several solar systems [meaning that, while heroes like the Dog Star Squadron can foil his plans {albeit with a LOT of effort usually}, they CAN'T arrest him]).

Personality: Cold, calculating and ruthless, although he can be deceivingly charming if it helps him achieve his goals. Abusive as he may have been to her, he was truly hurt when Fireball walked out on their brief marriage (when she was "with kitten," unbeknownst to him at the time), something that dealt a huge blow to his massive ego (even worse than the blow of discovering that she had managed to successfully keep him from finding out about the existence of her .... their ... son for years AND the blow of finding out said son is now a rookie space ranger [though each of THOSE latter two blows was a pretty bad one too]). Despite his formidable physical power and excellent fighting skills, Rex rarely does his own dirty work anymore except on occasions when he knows full well that Megacat is taking a personal interest in the caper. On the instances when he knows Megacat IS personally involved, however, he is EXTREMELY insistent that the feline hero's demise is to come at nobody's paws but his own. His principle weakness is his obsessive hatred of Megacat and his tendency to be easily angered; even to the point of flat-out carelessness; at any reminder of the hero (and ESPECIALLY in the hero's direct presence; something Whizzy has been able to take advantage of on more than one occasion).

Background: Rex is a renegade Daxamite who grew up among street criminals, quickly rising to a high level in the organization and dreaming of furthering his career. He eventually joined up with space pirates and, with a ruthless campaign of eliminating enemies and deceiving others into forming alliances he later refused to honor once he grew more powerful (both in the terms of underworld influence AND the terms of actual physical power), he soon became one of the most feared figures in the intergalactic animal underworld. But after rising to the level of intergalactic crime boss, he took over a planet and bought himself a veneer of respectability, portraying himself as a benevolent ruler (and, to be fair, very nearly all of his subjects ARE pretty well treated [but this is just to help Rex maintain his respectable image]).

During this time, his dirty dealings continued; albeit in the background; while he also met and fell in love with the cat who would later be known as Fireball and convinced her to marry him. But the marriage was a very unhappy one for her and in short order (although JUST long enough for the two cats to have conceived a child), she disappeared, re-emerging years later as a member of the Dog Star Squadron (a member who was publicity-shy to the point of hating to have her picture taken, fearing Rex's reaction). He eventually heard rumors that Megacat was in love with his ex-wife (rumors that DID have a decided element of truth to them, despite the fact that it took quite a few years for those affections to be clearly requited due to Fireball being extra-cautious about her own relationships) and Rex believed Whizzy was behind his wife's departure (this wasn't true, but try telling HIM that) and this belief solidified his hatred of Megacat, who he already considered a dangerous enemy.

In fact, his hatred of Megacat is so obsessive that, once, he tried time-travelling back to the early-21st century to eliminate Whizzy's most famous ancestor, Streaky, before Streaky became Supercat (no Streaky would mean no Whizzy). Fortunately, there was a slight glitch in the time machine and while Rex DID manage to make it to the early 21st century, he ended up UNDER-shooting his true mark by five full human years and had to contend with Krypto and Streaky at a stage where they were both pretty experienced heroes (by the standards of domestic dog and cat years, anyway), as well as Squeaky and Blaze (both reasonably experienced super-powered adult heroes in their own right by this point). Though driven off his intital attack by the combined efforts of all four heroes, Rex was determined to stay until he had accomplished his goal.

To that end, the renegade Daxamite recruited five of Streaky's deadliest enemies: Count Jagwire, Nova, Countess Astorina (who Rex almost ended up falling for in spite of himself), Visch-Uss and Star Phantom to join him in the Supercat Revenge Squad. Using his knowledge of (what would be to the other five villains) future events to coordinate the Squad's en-masse actions, Rex came incredibly close to eliminating Streaky (right on the [to Rex] legendary super-cat's wedding day no less), but the Supercat Revenge Squad was taken down (barely) by the best combined efforts of Krypto, Streaky, Squeaky, Blaze, Verdant Victory, the Dog Star Patrol AND the Dog Star Squadron (the Squadron eventually followed Rex into the past). After this very hard-fought victory, the Dog Star Squadron returned to their own time with Rex-Val in tow, but since he had diplomatic immunity AND the Squadron had no proof of any of Rex's dirty dealings while he was in the past (time travel is NOT illegal in the 23rd century and Rex was careful to make it look like any direct fighting he did was clear-cut self defense), they had to reluctantly let him go once they were back in their own time.

In another instance of him joining forces with other super-villains to destroy the super-feline he deems his arch-enemy, Rex-Val allied himself with Master Mimic, the Canine Chronometer and the 23rd century version of Star Phantom (two-and-a-half centuries more experienced than the one he allied with during his trip to the early 21st century), who were all also sworn enemies of the Dog Star Squadron. Though this alliance of the Squadron's four most formidable foes failed to crush the villains' mutual enemies, it DID come close enough to bring Whizzy and Fireball, as well as Air Dale and Equalizer and Starhound and Prophetic Pup much closer than before (much to Rex-Val's incredible frustration concerning the first one).

Isaac6356

[116]Aug 13, 2006

Wow. This be my first animal in the future. This is also the start of introducing a new team of animals *which actually starts in the present, so I'll put them up later*.

Teracotta
    Species: Parakeet
    Universe: Standerd
    Time: 23rd Century
    Powers: She can create clones of herself, which disappear after suffering a bad blow or by sheer will (skill inherited from her mother). She also has the ability to use her feathers as weapons, as she has an endless supply of them. She is also the master of the Flash Wing (Flash Step for birds, again from mother side), so her amazing speed can increase the damage. She can also control wind current and use the power of wind to create wind gusts or even wind vortexes (father's side). Lastly, she can turn invisible by pressing a button on her stealth ring on her left wing.
    Bio: Thanks to some leftover bits of technology left by Kirin from the present century, Para-Clone was able to live for a long time. Especially since she was from the Dream World, she can live especially for this long than any bird could possibly live for. At this century, she finally gave birth to her daughter, who she named Teracotta.

As Para-Clone was a long living member of the Five Wings of the Sky, as well as oldest, Teracotta was raised to someday take her place as one of the FWotS like her mother. Over time she learned her parent's abilities, such as the art of cloning, the ability to control wind, and more importantly, the Flash Wing. While she doesn't really know her father well *I'll introduce him another time* as he is never around, it was up to Para-Clone to teach her what they knew.

Teracotta is somewhat of a rookie and doesn't usually do well on missions. But she does occasionally get lucky and manages to catch the bad guys on her own. She is always trying her best as she wants to take her mothers place as a Wing of the Sky. But there are many villains out there who want to take her down. Especially those of the Black Talon Society, who bear a grudge especially to Para-Clone for something she did to one of their members so long ago.

Personality: Kinda the same as Para-Clone. She just gets it after her mother. But she has the brave and intense feeling from her father.
    Appearances: She's slightly shorter than Para-Clone, but mostly looks the same. Except she wears a green suit, wears a ring around her left wing, has the FWofS logo on her back as she is one of them, in-training.
    Ideal Voice:

Tomorrow I'll list short bios on the FWofS and the BTS, and provide a list of who's in it.

Isaac6356

[117]Aug 14, 2006

Had to put this in it's own post. Anyway, here's info on my newest creations! Please note that they exist in both the present and the 23rd century. I'll post the present day teams in the other thread, but for now here's some info on their history, and their current time period teams.

Five Wings of the Sky - 23rd Century

Originated from the time where birds first originated, this group of birds were among the strongest in the world. They would keep a certain territory and are titled as master of that area. Originally, this group was more of an independent society, so when nothing was going on, the members could do anything they want within their range, good or bad, so long as they don't exceed the code passed down from the first generation. As to the 22nd century, the group became more of a heroic society and thus combated evil time to time. There was only one group they despise and that's the Black Talon Society. They are considered rivals and had many battles against each other.

As for the members themselves, it had always consisted of hawks or eagles. But ever since Para-Clone became a member, the guideline on membership changed, as there are a lot of superpowers birds that would outclass the non-powered hawks. And even the Black Talon Society was changing with the times too. So by this time, it can consist of any kind of bird.

Current Members:
    Para-Clone - See Present Day Characters thread.
    Silver Beak - The only hawk of the group. His beak is the color silver and it's the strongest beak in all of time. He can use it to break open anything. His talons are also built to bust open anything, as they are so strong they are deadly. He's a powerhouse on wings.
    Mirrocan - A toucan who possesses the ability to create illusions with her beak. Her feathers create the colors of the rainbow and she has colorful based attacks. She can also mirror an opponent's move as her own. It's these abilities and her incredible intelligence that make her so good.
    Tempobird - A hummingbird with the ability to control sound. With sheer will he can make his wings create a sound that makes the opponent uneasy, and causes them to lose control of their senses. Given that to his speed he can cause great disturbances in the sound barrier. He can control where the sound wave goes so it won't hurt his friends.
    Snogull - A seagull with the ability to create snow. He can shoot a wave of snow from his mouth, to immobolize his enemies. He can also control the snow with his wings in the chance he misses. He has many variations of attacks he can do with snow. He also has the ability to create snowmen that are alive and work to his command. His only weakness is intense heat, as he cannot make snow so easily this way.

Black Talon Society

Origins same goes like the FWofS. Only it all started with one bird. A condor who goes by the name Grandor the Wise. When he was young, he accidently swallowed a small stone that had mysteriously fallen from the sky. Upon devouring it, he had become old and his appearance became that of an old looking bird. However as he soon noticed, as time went on, he never got any older than what he became. Also, he slowly got stronger and experienced in hunting than ever. With this, he decided to start his own group of birds to command in which he can run forever. He called this group, the Black Talon Society. Named after the black talon he had on his right foot. It was then that all members were to have one talon on one of their feet painted black to show their alliance with Grandor.

Members of the group first had non-powered birds of prey. But as time went on, birds with superpowers and such started joining in, whether they were bird of prey or not. Soon Grandor attempted things that were unusual for someone just running a group. He actually tries to assure he gets his way and wants to dominate over the world. He rivals the FWotS for dominace and always has fights with them. Up to this point, Grandor has remained mostly quiet, but time will tell when he does something.

Current Known Members:

Grandor the Wise - The leader of the group. He possesses immortality and with each century past he gets slightly stronger. But he is somewhat stronger than a Kryptonian pet. In the present century his strength was nearly equal to that of Krypto. Now his strength should be more than that. He is known as the oldest bird alive.
    Shadow - Not much is known about this hawk. He seems to be able to disappear into the shadows and reappear out of them. But other than that, there is nothing more about him. Teracotta keeps seeing him after a lot of crimes she manages to bust.

As you can see the BTS hasn't been active lately. I'll update this more when I feel the need for more. And speaking of, I think I got an idea for another mini arc for the present time! O.o

Comickook

[118]Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks for sharing these characters, Isaac. This is definitely some pretty good stuff. Once again, this is greatly appreciated.

Comickook

[119]Sep 3, 2006

Blasted File refuses to be posted for some reason. Blast it.

Edited on 09/03/2006 9:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Comickook

[120]Sep 3, 2006

Here's another future character that Catfan1 and I worked together on. She's one of Rex-Val's most dangerous operatives (and the main villainess of the most recent story Catfan1 and I worked together on).

Anyway, my sincerest thanks to Catfan1 for his help with this (and I, especially, have to thank him for his coming up with the idea in the first place). And, without further ado...

Name: Alina Aleksandra (though she's more commonly known as "Rushing Blue")

Species: Russian Blue cat originally from Earth

Abilities: Super speed (she can move and think at the speed of light normally [she can move even faster for brief periods when she steals the speed of others {see later on}] and has learned all the same super-speed tricks Dash has, PLUS a host of OTHER super-speed tricks, such as vibrating an object to the point of causing it to explode, lending speed to other living creatures and objects in motion [such as her gang members and their getaway vehicles], STEALING speed from other living creatures and objects in motion [such as Dash Hound] and generating incredible amounts of static electricity with high speed running against certain surfaces), super-strength (she's strong enough to comfortably maintain top speed for prolonged periods even when carrying loads of more than two hundred times her own weight) and super genius intellect (she is, very possibly, the smartest cat in the universe [or, at the very least, quite comfortably among the top five]). She was also a brilliant scientist, a capable tactician and a slightly above average athlete even BEFORE enhancement.

Appearance: Physically fit blue-furred female cat wearing a suit of flexible but very hard blue protective armor (specifically designed to withstand, not just the friction of her incredible speed, but most blade, melee and projectile-type weapons too).

Personality: Intense, determined and ruthless on the job. She tends to be very methodical and serious but enjoys daring thefts and humiliating opponents, especially the Dog Stars, who she has a major grudge against. At the same time, she is a loving and caring mother to her young daughter, Sonja, and the two are very close. Despite her high level of intelligence, Alina's emotions sometimes get the better of her, particularly in matters involving her daughter and the Dog Stars.

Background: Given the nickname "Rushing Blue" by a smart aleck fellow gang member (a name she despises but has finally accepted), Alina Aleksandra, a widowed mother of one, was once a promising scientist and writer of award-winning studies on genetic enhancement. She was exploring alien civilizations, with her husband and young daughter in tow, when the exploration party was attacked by a race of hostile dogs and many of her colleagues were killed (INCLUDING her husband) before the Dog Stars finally arrived (the heroes were kept unavoidably busy trying to repel parties of these same dogs attacking other worlds that happened to be nearby).

Once they did arrive, she noticed her daughter had been infected with an unknown space virus that left her in a coma. Blaming the Dog Star Squadron for what happened (despite the fact that the heroes did all they could do [and much more than most would realistically expect anybody else to even try to do] to try to help Alina and her daughter [but this was before Whizzy joined the team {shortly before, but still before}, so the Dog Stars didn't really have anybody with the scientific knowhow to stand a chance of finding a cure]), she approached Rex-Val who agreed to finance research for a cure for her daughter, but she had to pledge total loyalty to the cat criminal leader, something she was willing to do once Sonja was cured.

So far, Sonja has heard only her mother's version of how she came to work for Rex-Val and the young, innocent kitten also views the Dog Stars as enemies despite (and partially BECAUSE of) the fact the kitten has never encountered the heroes face-to-face.

Ultimately, Alina's own research led to her gaining powers of her own, such as her already brilliant mind being noticeably sharpened and her strength and speed also being immensely heightened. So far, she has been unable to duplicate the enhancements in other subjects, but she is still one of Rex-Val's most dangerous lieutenants, her strength, speed and intelligence making her a very formidable foe for the Dog Star Squadron (with her holding a particular grudge against Starhound and Dash, whose teamwork [just barely] led to one of her most humiliating defeats at the heroes' paws).

She also has more than a bit of a rivalry with Tab and Tanya (the latter of whom is insanely jealous of Alina's success), but the husband and wife chemists' attempts to try to show up the so called "Rushing Blue" very often end up making their already embarrassing string of almost constant failures even worse. Worse yet, Tanya has, relatively recently, tried using Sonya for her own super-power formula research. The experiments have (in a rare instance of success for her and Tab) granted Sonya the strength and endurance of six normal kittens her size and age, a greatly increased resistance to most toxins and viruses, super-intelligence of her own AND medium-level electrical powers. However, this act has ALSO earned Tab and Tanya some VERY stern feelings from Alina, who was understandably furious at the husband and wife chemists for using her daughter as a lab specimen, even given the success of the results.

On top of this, she is also one of the very few individuals outside of Master Mimic's most valued and trusted gang members who actually gets along halfway decently with the canine crime lord, given the common ground she and MM share, and Rex often trusts her to act as a go-between for deals that require him forming temporary partnerships with Master Mimic.

Edited on 02/05/2007 8:02am
    Edited 6 total times.