Krypto: the Superdog Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2006)

Hero material?

3StarvingArtist

[1]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 10
    Just something I was wondering after seeing "Robbie's Return" -- do you guys think that overall, that episode was a better showing for him, and that he now has potential to be a good hero? Or should he just stick to trying to wake up in the morning to catch worms?  
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

catfan1

[2]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 17

3StarvingArtist wrote:
    Just something I was wondering after seeing "Robbie's Return" -- do you guys think that overall, that episode was a better showing for him, and that he now has potential to be a good hero? Or should he just stick to trying to wake up in the morning to catch worms?  

I'm not a huge Robbie fan but I've always enjoyed the idea of unlikely heroes (like Streaky) and he DID outwit Isis so maybe he has some potential. The writers were obviously trying to give him a better shot after the incompetence he displayed in his first show (and perhaps create a demand for Robbie toys/action figures ?) I'm willing to give him a chance.  

Edited on 06/13/2006 7:55am

Comickook

[3]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 9
    Yeah. I'm willing to give him a chance too... providing the one who gets to write Robbie's next adventure can do it in a way that allows him to look halfway decent WITHOUT making any OTHER heroes on the series look bad.

I mean, that's my biggest gripe about Robbie's second appearance; that they seemed to have to make Streaky look that stupid to give Robbie the chance to come through.

3StarvingArtist

[4]Jun 13, 2006
    catfan1 wrote:

I'm not a huge Robbie fan but I've always enjoyed the idea of unlikely heroes (like Streaky) and he DID outwit Isis so maybe he has some potential. The writers were obviously trying to give him a better shot after the incompetence he displayed in his first show (and perhaps create a demand for Robbie toys/action figures ?) I'm willing to give him a chance.  

*nods* I did rather like the way he pulled one over Isis (especially that little smirk on his face as he did so). I do agree on unlikely heroes being highly interesting too. Who knows, maybe in the next season, we might see a more competant Robbie.

Btw, seeing a Robbie toy would make me chuckle.

3StarvingArtist

[5]Jun 13, 2006
    Comickook wrote:
    Yeah. I'm willing to give him a chance too... providing the one who gets to write Robbie's next adventure can do it in a way that allows him to look halfway decent WITHOUT making any OTHER heroes on the series look bad.

I mean, that's my biggest gripe about Robbie's second appearance; that they seemed to have to make Streaky look that stupid to give Robbie the chance to come through.

While I liked the show of Robbie's cunning, I must agree -- Streaky's jobbing in order to make Robbie look competant kept me from completely enjoying the ep. One would think that Streaky would at least have a *somewhat* basic knowledge of kryptonite and what it does by the 2nd season.

catfan1

[6]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 17
     Excellent point, guys. There was no need to make Streaky look that stupid just to build up Robbie. Not to mention it seemed very unlike Streaky to me, based on what we've seen in past episodes where he is quite capable of fast thinking in a tough spot and deinfitely knows what Kryptonite is (see 'Dem Bones').
    Edited on 06/13/2006 9:45am

Comickook

[7]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 9
    catfan1 wrote:
     Excellent point, guys. There was no need to make Streaky look that stupid just to build up Robbie. Not to mention it seemed very unlike Streaky to me, based on what we've seen in past episodes where he is quite capable of fast thinking in a tough spot and definitely knows what Kryptonite is (see 'Dem Bones').

Very much agreed, catfan1. I couldn't have said it better myself.